Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LeoMarr posted:

Looks like the Bundy Bro's have occupied another building.

I think in this instance it would violate the Eight Amendment to allow them to stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

buttcoinbrony posted:

Yes they should be arrested but crimes don't exist in a vacuum. If we can wait for them to run out of snacks then arrest them quietly one by one that is far better than rolling up in armored cars and kicking off the Waco Memorial Race War.

And I agree with all of that, but again, my beef is that this didn't happen last time. There were no consequences to threatening Federal agents with violence. I'm all for arresting them when it's easy, which the past year or so after leaving the ranch when they're not all holed up armed together would have been.

That said, cut their power locally, so they don't hurt the ranchers nearby, because gently caress if taxpayers should be paying for them to enjoy heat and hot water during an armed occupation. And "Make 'em say Uhh" on a loop...a selfish desire I admit, but you can't tell me their reactions wouldn't be hilarious.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
If they're waiting on them to "run out of snacks" then maybe they shouldn't be letting people come in and out freely to bring them supplies.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Zerilan posted:

If they're waiting on them to "run out of snacks" then maybe they shouldn't be letting people come in and out freely to bring them supplies.

So they should gun down cheeto carrying god fearing oregoners?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

LeoMarr posted:

So they should gun down cheeto carrying god fearing oregoners?

This is a good idea regardless of who's in the bird sanctuary.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Who What Now posted:

Well usually those other protests aren't outright armed sedition by the groups' own words. So that's one difference.

no those other movements are generally outright unarmed sedition

that makes these civially disobedient protestors more individually capable of being dangerous, but all indications are that the actual danger/public nuisance/property damage they're causing is pretty minimal, so highlighting that difference (or the all important principle of federal authority over a shack in a bird refuge) as a reason to hammer them with maximal force comes across as somewhat disingenuous

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Zerilan posted:

All the supplies in the world won't change the fact that these guys are idiots who not only showed up to a siege unprepared but also managed to piss off everyone else in their tiny community by billing this as a peaceful protest then taking over a government building. This sit in will implode on it's own, the absolute best move the government can make is to just wait it out.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

buttcoinbrony posted:

Also we can't raid yet, not before PETA shows up.

oh jesus, I've changed my mind, drone them.

(but wait for PETA to arive first)

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

buttcoinbrony posted:

Also we can't raid yet, not before PETA shows up.

New plan: Infiltrate and overwhelm the protest with animal rights and environmental activists. See if the Feds change their strategy.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

UV_Catastrophe posted:

New plan: Infiltrate and overwhelm the protest with animal rights and environmental activists. See if the Feds change their strategy.

Actually a mass protest from environmentalists claiming equal rights to use the public land for a nature reserve would be an excellent counter to these moron's narrative.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

LeoMarr posted:

Looks like a local residents house was just "liberated". CNN posted a picture of the inside of the house, Apparently they stripped off the wood finish. of the flooring.
Before:

After:

LeoMarr posted:

Looks like the Bundy Bro's have occupied another building.

Is this real or a joke? i cant seem to find any info on it.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

It's real. You can see that after they ravaged the house they decided to celebrate christmas 2016 early because they know they'll die before it actually comes.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Is this real or a joke? i cant seem to find any info on it.

They're making jokes about a certain hilarious house of yesteryear.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cheerfullydrab posted:

They're making jokes about a certain hilarious house of yesteryear.

http://imgur.com/gallery/tI8ys

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

LogisticEarth posted:

Look at the fancy city-boy with his branded store-bought grain alcohol.

Lol if you don't drink actual gasoline, just lol.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
So they were, what, harvesting firewood? Refreshing that tired look so they could flip the property later?

:wtc:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

OAquinas posted:

So they were, what, harvesting firewood? Refreshing that tired look so they could flip the property later?

:wtc:

Its a joke. Its Gover's House.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe that federal property insulated the stairs. Total extravagance and contractor padding.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

McDowell posted:

I can't believe that federal property insulated the stairs. Total extravagance and contractor padding.

And changed out the railing on the stairs.

Savages.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

LeoMarr posted:

Looks like a local residents house was just "liberated". CNN posted a picture of the inside of the house, Apparently they stripped off the wood finish. of the flooring.
Before:

After:

It's no Toblerone Triangular, but this is some solid poo poo, 7/10.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

This is off topic, but do you or anyone else remember the one D and D pictures thread where the guy got banned after he went back to his page 1 post and edited in pictures of groverhaus, at a time when the thread was dozens of pages long?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I forget, are there any photos of him supporting the upper story floor with hurricane straps or did he just describe that?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

If we let them stay in the Groverhaus, then not removing them by force would be considered murder via neglect.

Realtalk though, the Feds really should barricade all roads in and out of the place, and have a big rear end barbecue upwind of them.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
If they occupy the building for at least 6 months doesn't it become legally their residence by common law?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

MariusLecter posted:

If they occupy the building for at least 6 months doesn't it become legally their residence by common law?

http://www.ehow.com/how_6188078_file-squatter_s-rights-oregon.html

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

MariusLecter posted:

No, I think they legally become married by common law. Then the feds can move in and arrest them all for polygamy.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Fed law trumps state law in this instance I'd wager.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MariusLecter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcderLXiwa8&t=107s

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
As a compromise for the environmentalists they get to use the A-10's to wipe these guys out but they gotta keep em because the Air Force won't take them back.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

MariusLecter posted:

What you're talking about is called adverse possession and it takes a lot longer than six months (variable by state). Also, I don't think you can use adverse possession against the government.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

7c Nickel posted:

I forget, are there any photos of him supporting the upper story floor with hurricane straps or did he just describe that?

Pretty sure the only phrase you actually need is "load-bearing drywall."

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Give the Park Rangers a couple hundred of those thousands of M1A1's we have sitting in the desert. Lets see bubba try and stop ol' smokey when he's got an armored division backing him up.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Put the control of the entire United States Marine Corp to the BLM. The USMC will now be used to maintain all federal land; they can keep their ships if they can find the lakes to fit them in and they can keep their planes/helicopters as long as they can find a way to make an air field in the middle of the volcanic part of yellowstone.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LeoMarr posted:

Before:

After:

I'm die

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ogmius815 posted:

What you're talking about is called adverse possession and it takes a lot longer than six months (variable by state). Also, I don't think you can use adverse possession against the government.

I don't think they were serious, either.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Fema death camp is doing the setup near bird cages. FEMA is not good people. bundy turmp 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So are they still holed up in that government building?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Knifegrab posted:

So are they still holed up in that government building?

Yes. They are holed up in the Dallas Texas School Book Depository. Their demands are as follows:

10 bags of Doritos
5 bags of Cheetos
25 boxes of MREs
5 32 packs of Bud Light.
Months supply worth of Microwave Burritos

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LeoMarr posted:

Yes. They are holed up in the Dallas Texas School Book Depository. Their demands are as follows:

10 bags of Doritos
5 bags of Cheetos
25 boxes of MREs
5 32 packs of Bud Light.

I hope they didn't ask for the ones with jalapeno and cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

LeoMarr posted:

10 bags of Doritos
5 bags of Cheetos
25 boxes of MREs
5 32 packs of Bud Light.

Combos are the true flavor of Patriots. These guys are phonies.

• Locked thread