Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Tim hortons are also located in the cool people parts of the us. Sometimes you don't want a nice roasty, full cup of coffee. Sometimes you want something coffee flavored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cage posted:

Tim hortons are also located in the cool people parts of the us. Sometimes you don't want a nice roasty, full cup of coffee. Sometimes you want something coffee flavored.

What does Starbucks have to do with this

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Cage posted:

That's McDonald's, though. It's cheap as gently caress, everywhere, and the quality is considerably less objectionable.

Besides, it's getting to the point that, at least in Canada, there's now Tim Horton's branded Keurig pods so you can brew utter garbage at home! It's no longer an option of last resort, it's now a distinct preference.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I've only been to Tim Horton's once, and don't drink coffee, but the donuts were way better than Dunkin or Krispy Kreme.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Coffee

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Deeters posted:

I've only been to Tim Horton's once, and don't drink coffee, but the donuts were way better than Dunkin or Krispy Kreme.

How long ago was that, because they suck now, they used to be better. Now I get Robin's if I want donuts, or coffee for that mater.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Deeters posted:

donuts were way better than Dunkin or Krispy Kreme.

We don't have those things up here, so it's entirely possible. Judging by the general quality of all their food I've tried that isn't donuts, I find it hard to believe. They've managed to gently caress up a bagel with a schmear. How do you even do that? There's only two loving ingredients and I could teach a child of five how to combine them properly!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
If you consider anything coming from a coffee shop "coffee" you are wrong and should feel bad.
Double so if it's StarBucks.

Fresh roasted, fresh ground, French press coffee for me thanks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

All coffee is terrible though, try drinking something that doesn't smell like burnt dirt or needs diluted with flavoring to be palatable. :colbert:

Also a morning drink that doesn't scald you if you slam the brakes during your morning commute and spill it all over your car.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?
If you're from the united states it's almost certain your opinions about coffee are completely wrong.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Some of the Sheep posted:

If you're from the united states it's almost certain your opinions about coffee are completely wrong.

my opninion is that you are smart about coffee

chekcmate :smug:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3de_1451877072

A very non-distracting dog in the car

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Some of the Sheep posted:

The United States has some of the best coffee in the world. But much like Bud made people think all our beer sucks, Starbucks has done the same for coffee here.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

nm posted:

The United States has some of the best coffee in the world. But much like Bud made people think all our beer sucks, Starbucks has done the same for coffee here.
For sure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUPDRnUWeBA

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

nm posted:

As a Seattle native, I completely agree

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

So today it rained in San Diego. If you aren't aware, San Diegans are totally incapable of behaving like rational human beings when water is falling from the sky, which is only supposed to happen in other places.

Anyway, enjoy. (Facebook video)

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

protastic posted:

So today it rained in San Diego. If you aren't aware, San Diegans are totally incapable of behaving like rational human beings when water is falling from the sky, which is only supposed to happen in other places.

I kept hoping there was some sort of invisible dip they'd drive into and their car would stop going, but it was not to be. Last summer in Calgary was way more impressive; even after several days of heavy rains that flooded underpasses, retards were still trying (and failing) to drive through them and getting their cars all hosed up as a result. Way more fun to watch!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

protastic posted:

A friend of mine went 11 miles in 3 hours. Glad I work from home.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
oldishturbosubaruowner.mov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5NWcdq4Wf4
oh no, oh no
This is one reason I can never sell my car. Someone will kill it :(

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

nm posted:

oh no, oh no

My dad had a pretty sweet VW bus at one point in the 70s. Guy he sold it to got tired of it and intentionally pushed it off a cliff.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Raluek posted:

My dad had a pretty sweet VW bus at one point in the 70s. Guy he sold it to got tired of it and intentionally pushed it off a cliff.

Yup, never selling any cars. Unless they get spiders.

Last car I sold my buddy puked in. Of course before he got drunk, he ate indian food. Then he got out and the seatbelt retracted.
Sorry Cuthbert (yes, I named that car), you had to be sold before summer. :(
That was a great, reliable car too. Someday, i will return the favor.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

nm posted:

oh no, oh no

What happened there? Has he never heard of counter steering?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

nm posted:

oh no, oh no

Appropriate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09s-c2JVI40

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Killstick posted:

What happened there? Has he never heard of counter steering?

What counter steering? It's got AWD dude.

protastic posted:

That's why they all bought trucks, who's the dumbass now huh? :smug:

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
It reminds me of the time I went blasting down some canyon road and then my dog distracted me.

http://youtu.be/az_Vlgy5dbM

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

PenisMonkey posted:

It reminds me of the time I went blasting down some canyon road and then my dog distracted me.

This is like a horror movie where the shot of the white woman in her underwear is him crossing the centerline at high speed on blind corners and then predictably she gets attacked / he totals his car.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

nm posted:

oh no, oh no

christ, what a loving idiot. he has a dash camera but insisted on recording with his phone for part of the video, wonder if he was still recording with one hand when he spun it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

PenisMonkey posted:

Just an example or is that actually you in the video?

Because you need to loving stay on your side of the line if that's you.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kastein posted:

Just an example or is that actually you in the video?

Because you need to loving stay on your side of the line if that's you. the road

nm
Jan 28, 2008

^^^^^
That BMW video old, so it probably wasn't him.

Also, snow on the ground with summers.
I know the road was clear, but under 50, his summers aren't working well.
What a moron.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Witnessed but not photographed: the passenger in the car behind me in the HOV lane this morning, holding a pair of pants out the window at 60MPH. I really wanted to watch them go flying away, though that would've likely ended up in blinding some other driver who wasn't being brain-dead.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Yeah wasn't me. Only time I drive as if I'm on the track is on the track.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

protastic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWedR5R3OW8

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

:psypop: for watching that five minutes after seeing this article:

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Having spent a couple months now commuting in Ireland, I gotta say it's a hell of a lot better than Atlanta. My commute is like twenty miles, but it's mostly motorway and the traffic is next to nothing for most of the route. Only real delay is a traffic light (the only one on my route) to cross a narrow bridge right before I get home.

I did finally run into one idiot this morning; wound up stuck in a line of cars behind some sort of beater ag-truck with a trailer attached on the road right outside of my town; he was loaded down with a bunch of huge rocks or something and couldn't even get the thing up to 30km/h on flat ground. Didn't worry too much, since these guys are usually local farmers and generally end up trundling off down a side road in short order, but when this guy kept straight on at the last roundabout before the motorway, I got a bit concerned. Sure enough, the guy was trying to get on the motorway. At 25km/h. With a line of a few dozen cars trapped behind him on the slip road. :cripes: Of course as soon as we hit the paved gore, everyone started making a mad dash for the right lane, trying to get around the rolling chicane in front of us before the pack of 120km/h traffic that was quickly approaching from behind plowed into us. Luckily we all made it past and up to speed without incident, but gently caress, I hate trying to merge when I'm stuck behind someone going 80km/h, never mind 20...

Last I saw of the hapless rock farmer in my mirrors, he had apparently given up on the notion of merging entirely and was slowly creeping along the hard shoulder with his hazards on. :downs:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

IOwnCalculus posted:

:psypop: for watching that five minutes after seeing this article:

uh buh dur mah humma off road fou whee drahv

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
These are the trashcans you share the road with

http://i.imgur.com/4b5ikHZ.gifv

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Solar Coaster posted:

These are the trashcans you share the road with

http://i.imgur.com/4b5ikHZ.gifv

Wow, proceeding in the oncoming lane in the rain with no headlights? What rubbish

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Wow, proceeding in the oncoming lane in the rain with no headlights? What rubbish

Should have been made obvious by the fact that they're driving a kia soul.

or is that an xb, all those things look the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Well, it's got garbage tires, can tell it's hydroplaning even at that low of a speed.