Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

The advice of 'just play more carefully idiot' and the detailed effortposts were both really really helpful. Thanks folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MREBoy posted:

I give you - Tracer Type ORL (for Obvious Red Line)

http://www.mreboy.com/wows/res_mods.zip

Just for giggles I put the No Smoke version in there too, you just have to navigate down the folder structure till you find the actual files (i.e. \World_of_Warships\res_mods\0.5.2.1\particles\trails) and rename it if you want to use it.

Install is just dropping it into your WoWs folder, it may prompt to overwrite Trail_smoke.dds

And in further news, I may have figured out the files that make up the 3 types of anti-aircraft fire. Colored laser AA anyone ? :getin:

The guns....they've stopped!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Now I remember why I bookmarked this thread. The NTR meltdowns are Star Citizen backer scale autism.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Now this is a good first match of the day. Nürnberg unleashing the Kraken with 210 shell hits, a torp hit and five kills.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I've been having fun trolling by announcing our strategy
"Remember to use your guns and/or torpedoes to damage and sink enemy ships."

"Don't forget, your ship is vulnerable to shells and torpedoes, try to avoid being hit."

Offer positive reinforcement.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

To defeat the Yamato, shoot at it until it dies.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Speaking of good games, I think this is the best one I ever had:

Our division got 10 of 12 kills and the carriers got the last two. I ended the match by ramming their last carrier to death and yelling ALLAHU ACKBAR in chat.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 6, 2016

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
I may have missed this somewhere in the thread but did anyone get to the bottom of what the anime ships are good for? Are they going to print silver like premium ships and can you sell them for silver and the port slot? Or are we stuck with hideous looking kongos and myokos?

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I've asked people who have the ARP ships if anything at all is different - looks like it's just a reskin, which is boring as heck.

If they had premium features to them or played as different/better ship, then I'd care about gallivanting about with an animu-neon-vomit-troll-ship.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Welp, this was one hell of a good Mogami match. Some crazy nigh-suicidal torpedo action that had me just cackling like a madman afterwards.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Pacra posted:

I've asked people who have the ARP ships if anything at all is different - looks like it's just a reskin, which is boring as heck.

If they had premium features to them or played as different/better ship, then I'd care about gallivanting about with an animu-neon-vomit-troll-ship.

Well you start every match with POI!.. and say nothing but POI! throughout the match for no reason. I can imagine it will make some people really angry. Oh, end the match by saying POI!

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 7, 2016

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
whats' the poi meme

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Sharzak posted:

whats' the poi meme

Chinese cartoons.

Magni fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 7, 2016

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Pacra posted:

There will be more ARP related events, some possibly involving a custom game mode with sci-fi weapons and poo poo. Also the Kongo and Myoko are good boats, so why not keep em? I mean unless you hate the paint job and ANIME GIRLS IN YOUR EARS AGH

Sharzak posted:

whats' the poi meme
:frogsiren:TRIGGER WARNING: POI:frogsiren:

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Die-Hard in my Bogue :confused: this is just like WoT where you'd always pick up Kamikaze in your artillery I guess?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I returned to the game since the closed beta and anyone else facing terrible desync issues?

My shells go through ships, enemy shells and torpeodos a couple of meters away hit me, delay in my guns firing, delay in movement, etc.

I had this problem in the closed alpha test weekend but it was fixed during the closed beta and now it's back. Anyone know of any fixes?

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I saw a stream of this game and heard draconicblade in the background talking about crushing pubbies. I immediately thought about Ark plans for the mobile oppression palace and thought to myself dear god I have to play this game.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

demonR6 posted:

Well you start every match with POI!.. and say nothing but POI! throughout the match for no reason. I can imagine it will make some people really angry. Oh, end the match by saying POI!

You can also point out how POI stands for Pedophiles Organized Internationale (it's French)

It makes some people really angry, and also can make clueless pubbies go off on people who say POI

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So, I've been slowly knocking out a few ranked matches to get up to Rank 15, mostly bringing out the Kongo. You get into some really dumb stuff down in the early ranks. Like an enemy team of two stock-hull Kongos who were adamant about showing their sides. High Calibre in ranked? Yes, it's possible.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

demonR6 posted:

I've noticed that people who say POI are often pre-pubescent teen loving pedophiles or pre-pubescent teen loving hebephiles.
Which one are you?

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Burno posted:

You can also point out how POI stands for Pedophiles Organized Internationale (it's French)

It makes some people really angry, and also can make clueless pubbies go off on people who say POI

I can confirm this.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Dalael posted:

I've noticed that people who say POI are often pre-pubescent teen loving pedophiles or pre-pubescent teen loving hebephiles.
Which one are you?

im gay poi

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I've thankfully never seen any of this bullshit anime "poi" in matches. Am I doing something wrong or am I like luckiest?

I have seen a lot of weeabo names in game though.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Dalael posted:

Which one are you?

Well since I don't use POI! when I play I guess that needs no further discussion.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Ok, can someone gives tips on using the murmansk? Specifically when you launch the spotter plane?

I can hit things just fine without it, but that change in view shouldn't mess me up, but it does. I know I'm looking at something akin to the arty assist mod from WoT, but at the same time, I still can't get my hits to land (also, if the ship can already range its gun that far, why does it need a spotter aircraft when there is obviously other ships around doing the spotting already).

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There is added range when the scout plane is up actually.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
His point is that in this arcade-y ships game, it is unrealistic that other ships or planes cannot also spot for your artillery fire and let you shoot out to your maximum range.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I get the second part of his question/comment. I don't think the spotter plane should allow you that advantage. Yes it should allow your overall spotting range to increase so you know the ship camped behind the island waiting to unload on you is still there but the whole added firing range I don't agree with.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Wish there was some reliable way to get rid of all those dumbasses with sub-50% WRs that mostly play CVs. More than any other player they gently caress over the team they're on at high tiers.

This battle sure was fun.

Sure, ChaoxPiece is an excellent CV player, and the tiers favored them too, but the situation sure wasn't helped by our lovely as hell Essex. Looked him up, and he's got a 46% W/R, despite playing CVs 40% of the time. Oh, and he was running a strike config too, because of course he was.

Started nicely too, with me coming under fire from the Yamato, but managing a citadel on him at 18 km, along with some other hits, while not taking too much damage in return.

JCFalkenberg
Jul 7, 2008
A love letter to the New Mexico:

Alternatively titled, Why NTRabbit is bad and wrong

Another:

Not that I expect him to change his tune, but the NM really is an excellent boat.

JCFalkenberg fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 8, 2016

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Those were some games, huh? Aside from the T8 one, of course.

Reposting the game I mentioned, with the replay link this time:

Replay Link

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Agreed, NM one of highlights of the US line. The only problem with the NM that I've seen is that while your armor layout almost guarantees that you won't be citadeled by same tier AP, it also allows most of the shots that hit to be penetrations to some degree. This is bad if you are trying to brawl say, a Fuso.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Pacra posted:

Agreed, NM one of highlights of the US line. The only problem with the NM that I've seen is that while your armor layout almost guarantees that you won't be citadeled by same tier AP, it also allows most of the shots that hit to be penetrations to some degree. This is bad if you are trying to brawl say, a Fuso.

The Warspite seems to have a similar problem.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

wdarkk posted:

Those were some games, huh? Aside from the T8 one, of course.

Reposting the game I mentioned, with the replay link this time:

Replay Link

hot drat
why are IJN BBs so good
IZUMO BRINGS GREAT SHAME TO ITS FAMILY

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

oh man late night ranked :negative:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

TheDemon posted:

Die-Hard in my Bogue :confused: this is just like WoT where you'd always pick up Kamikaze in your artillery I guess?

did a DD ram you and explode

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Pacra posted:

The biggest problem I had with the NM is the turrets are soft cheese.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

xthetenth posted:

The biggest problem I had with the NM is the turrets are soft cheese.

I bet the atlanta's turrets are even weaker. I'm pretty sure you'll lose a turret from a stiff breeze caused by the shell flying past it.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
Not sure it's worth it to grind ranked out this time.

Sure, the credits at the end are nice, but I'm not sure it's worth the frustration. I only have the Tirpitz or Amagi to use right now, and it seems to be heavily favoring DD's again. I'm disappointed there was no reward ship issued this time. I already have the :smug: Jolly Roger flag... sooooo, maybe I'll just play for some flags and see where it gets me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

jownzy posted:

Not sure it's worth it to grind ranked out this time.

Sure, the credits at the end are nice, but I'm not sure it's worth the frustration. I only have the Tirpitz or Amagi to use right now, and it seems to be heavily favoring DD's again. I'm disappointed there was no reward ship issued this time. I already have the :smug: Jolly Roger flag... sooooo, maybe I'll just play for some flags and see where it gets me.

Seconding the disappointment at no reward ship :mad:
I've only played a couple games of ranked this season. Favoring DDs how, because there are maps with 3 cap points ? :confused: