Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

You're doing gods work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.
Oh god one of the quants i work with is a star citizen true believer i wasnt brave enough to ask him how much hes in for

Maybe if i express star citizen development in terms of bayes theorem he might understand that with each iteration (P|Shite) increases towards 1

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why does she say "hello" so fucknig weird in that performance video? nobody says hello like that.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

1:26

:gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP :yarg:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

peter gabriel posted:

I uploaded it to Youtube and instantly got a comment :tinfoil:

I closed the thread and got a notification on my phone. Sorry :(

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
the SQ42 footage was painful. So generic.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Can you snag the SQ42 one?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

the SQ42 footage was painful. So generic.

I'm the inappropriate amount of blinking during a mocap session with real actors

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can you snag the SQ42 one?

Done

Do you mean
Interrogation Scene (Performance Video)

Cos I am not watching these and I barely know what Squadron 42 is

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

peter gabriel posted:

I can't, I don't even

If he won't believe himself on the forum, maybe he'll believe himself on youtube?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

You got a Twitter handle? I want to link it and give you credit.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

pftc posted:

1.) Go to http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/sandigardiner
2.) Click on "Media"
3.) Scroll down to this spot in the picture.
4.) Watch Reverse the Verse (Performance Video)

Sandi will probably delete the page, so you should download a copy.

This is publicly available information.

LOL, she lists Reverse the Verse as "Horror".

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You got a Twitter handle? I want to link it and give you credit.

No I don't, no real reason just never bothered with it apart from wrok

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Wow it's like they recorded a candid day in the CIG offices.

You're fired! You're fired! You're fired!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
that "horror" clip made no sense in the context of the AtV episode, it was just thrown in. Pretty obvious that it was just shot for resume padding.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

No I don't, no real reason just never bothered with it apart from wrok

Okay, "SA forum pro pgabz" it is. Share that poo poo on Reddit and watch them go crazy over it.

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

But then Sandi sent this:

Didn't she at one point ask you if was OK for her to share your E-mail chain with others. Couldn't that be construded as approval for you to do the same.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Okay, "SA forum pro pgabz" it is. Share that poo poo on Reddit and watch them go crazy over it.

Lol, tell them this as well:

In a twist of fate it is the only video I have ever monetized, so thanks or the free cash nerds, love pgabz + sandi

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Clearly no backer money was used to create those resume videos. Stop being butt hurt.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What's the appeal of this system where you go from ship to FPS anyway? So... you fly your ship to a multiplayer arena instead of using a menu, and then what? Is the FPS like an arena combat thing, do you die once and it's over or do you just respawn until the match is over, is there a match? Why would you get out of your ship to shoot guns instead of shooting the guns on your ship?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fractal Wave posted:

Didn't she at one point ask you if was OK for her to share your E-mail chain with others. Couldn't that be construded as approval for you to do the same.

No, I asked her and she didn't respond for six days. So I told her that six days was more than enough time to wait and posted everything.

EDIT: Actually I told Patrick, since he had responded in that e-mail for me.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 7, 2016

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Khanstant posted:

What's the appeal of this system where you go from ship to FPS anyway? So... you fly your ship to a multiplayer arena instead of using a menu, and then what? Is the FPS like an arena combat thing, do you die once and it's over or do you just respawn until the match is over, is there a match? Why would you get out of your ship to shoot guns instead of shooting the guns on your ship?

No filthy loading screen breaking your IMMERSION!!!!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Ok i'm going to slowdown on the sandi bashing, it's getting a little poo touchy for me, I think i'm getting giddy.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Khanstant posted:

Because you can't crawl in vents if you are in a ship!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
OKay so i got this e-mail and it was all like:

and then I was like wat so I followed it but it had been switched to private and I wrote a letter to pgabz out of concern but then it came back and then I just told him it was rad then sent it then I skipped another thousand posts here to post this ok bye

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
The saddest part of this entire saga is that Sandi really and truly cannot act. :smith:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's... complicated. After several months of back and forth, Patrick finally set the record straight on why I was banned:

But then Sandi sent this:

Unfortunately I had already sent out the e-mails. I then tell her that, she asks why, I tell her why, and then a member of the press contacted me and told me something interesting. So I sent a follow up:

I don't know what to think anymore. I suspect neither do they.

:eyepop:

holy gently caress this thread :five:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Ok i'm going to slowdown on the sandi bashing, it's getting a little poo touchy for me, I think i'm getting giddy.

It's actually pretty funny cause she's the one that put all this out there so technically she's touching her own poop

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Someone take that video, and after the lights go out, Derek Smart's voice comes in ... and gets louder and louder ... and then PAAAAAAAARP.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No, I asked her and she didn't respond for six days. So I told her that six days was more than enough time to wait and posted everything.

so she said that "she just got your email" pretty much right after you put the exchange out on imgur and this thread?

so transparent lol.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I believe it is.

It definitely is. Not using company time or resources to promote your personal brand, eh Sandi?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Literally Kermit posted:

OKay so i got this e-mail and it was all like:

and then I was like wat so I followed it but it had been switched to private and I wrote a letter to pgabz out of concern but then it came back and then I just told him it was rad then sent it then I skipped another thousand posts here to post this ok bye

Ha ha you crazy frog :D

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Khanstant posted:

Game mechanics aren't something you worry about before all the assets are done, don't you know anything about game development?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

No filthy loading screen breaking your IMMERSION!!!!

OK whatever, but again, what happens when you get to the FPS part? Do you like, dock your ship, go through a minute long standing up animation, walk to your exit hatch, put on space suit, decompress or something, then open exit and step out, and then BAM you're in combat and someone shoots you in the head as you walk out? Or do you do all that and then walk to some other door which is where you get to enter the FPS zone? When you die, do you respawn? Is there a point? Or do you just shoot NPC mobs or something. There's so much words about this game and I've been following it since the kickstarter and I feel like I just know less and less about this game the longer it goes on

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Romes128 posted:

It's actually pretty funny cause she's the one that put all this out there so technically she's touching her own poop

This thread is like being a kid and eating too many sweets.

especially with gryphon and octopode, AMIRIGHT GUYS?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I can only hope that cig employees see all this poo poo and have to keep a straight face when they see sandi at the office.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Khanstant posted:

OK whatever, but again, what happens when you get to the FPS part? Do you like, dock your ship, go through a minute long standing up animation, walk to your exit hatch, put on space suit, decompress or something, then open exit and step out, and then BAM you're in combat and someone shoots you in the head as you walk out? Or do you do all that and then walk to some other door which is where you get to enter the FPS zone? When you die, do you respawn? Is there a point? Or do you just shoot NPC mobs or something. There's so much words about this game and I've been following it since the kickstarter and I feel like I just know less and less about this game the longer it goes on

The first part, yes. The idea is literally that you fly your rear end over to the arena, dock, spend a minute watching animations for getting out, going through airlocks, and then getting killed by someone camping.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The lights getting cut off in her workplace are some serious foreshadowing.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

DOMDOM posted:

The saddest part of this entire saga is that Sandi really and truly cannot act. :smith:

She was pretty good at scolding people over the phone. Maybe all the shenanigans we make fun of her for is some type of long-form method acting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Khanstant posted:

Basically the appeal is supposed to be that you can disable someone's ship, EVA over, blow open their hatch and then board and take over their ship. Of course it's such a janky game that it's going to be complete poo poo and not fun at all.

• Locked thread