Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

I can't help but feel that this was a bad move because it would allow her to remove any evidence there is in the building there before the cops come in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!

A White Guy posted:

The actual reality of game design is that the standard "you are a camera on a model walking around a level" causes motion sickness in VR. Most games that tuned toward VR have the player character sitting in a car/fighter cockpit, so as to avoid motion sickness.

Consequently, you're literally spending 600 bucks for gaming system that will only enjoyably play racing games.

From what I've observed it's not so much moving that's a problem in VR, but turning, specifically turning acceleration/deceleration, something that's mitigated a lot when you're a third person camera watching your avatar rather than first person and inside the avatar's head. It seems counter intuitive, but I think we're gonna see a lot of different genres you wouldn't expect in VR just using a third person view. It's not a platform that you're gonna wanna play on for 4 hours straight and motion sickness isn't a total non-issue, but it can be managed. People get motion sick with non-VR FPSs as well and that was a bigger problem when Wolfenstein 3D first came out before developers figured out how to deal with it and gamers got used to that perspective. This is no different.

But yeah, gently caress that price tag.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
It's the perfect price. They're selling more than they can manufacture and they should charge as much as they possibly can while that holds.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Wanamingo posted:

Did we watch the same video? Trying to jam the gas cap on would mean removing the nozzle from the car, which is the one thing you should never do, because THIS happens

http://i.imgur.com/b4eF3fl.gifv

Were we talking about the video? The guy asked what to do if the gas tank was already on fire, not 'what should this lady in the video have done in her case'. Still not saying my idea is the best way to handle it either.

Basically I said 'wow your way is probably right as can be and I'm stupid so Id do it wrong.' and your reply is 'why cant you see that your way is dumb?' Agree to agree?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Blackchamber posted:

Were we talking about the video? The guy asked what to do if the gas tank was already on fire, not 'what should this lady in the video have done in her case'. Still not saying my idea is the best way to handle it either.

Basically I said 'wow your way is probably right as can be and I'm stupid so Id do it wrong.' and your reply is 'why cant you see that your way is dumb?' Agree to agree?
Yes, duh, we are watching the same video. Yes duh i am talking about what to do when the nozzle is already inserted and a fire erupts, because do you see what happens when you pull the nozzle out? Thats the part im talking about. Go ahead, pull the nozzle out. Even let go out the trigger so it doesn't spray everywhere.

What sounds like the safer bet: leaving the situation as it is and hitting the e-stop and letting it burn off, or pulling the handle out and exposing more surface area to the loving flames.

Looks to me like things burn out pretty quickly, so long as more literal fuel isnt added to the literal fire.

KoRMaK has a new favorite as of 03:03 on Jan 7, 2016

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender

Chromatic posted:

There's some schadenfreude here in the sense of "haha, you got caught. nannana". It's extremely interesting though.

It's a Canadian detective getting a serial killer and rapist(And an Air Force Colonel to boot!) to confess after confronting him with forensic evidence. The Detective plays him like an absolute fiddle. I linked to the part where the Detective starts to show him the evidence but the actual confession doesn't happen until 20 minutes later. Trust me and watch where I started it though, it's an absolute pro-click.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsLbDzkIy3A&t=2097s

I'm honestly not seeing the schadenfreude. That is absolutely one of the most horrifying things I've ever watched :gonk:
That detective is stone-cold loving business though.

1:06:50 "Well, I was surprised. Her skull gave way." *sips coffee*

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

The real freude will be when competition drives down the price to reasonable prices, and people kvetch about spending 600 on something that casuals are then buying for a third of what they paid.

I'm figuring that the third revision of this stuff will be the point where it becomes affordable and decent.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Scruff McGruff posted:

Watch some Russian dash cam crash videos and you become very familiar with Blyat and Suka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5_TBtaT_DE

It is nice to hear that some Russians, when involved with a violent accident, still show some emotion other than complete indifference. Maybe their poverty stricken lifestyles and vodka soaked brains haven't severed them from humanity yet.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

Yes, duh, we are watching the same video. Yes duh i am talking about what to do when the nozzle is already inserted and a fire erupts, because do you see what happens when you pull the nozzle out? Thats the part im talking about. Go ahead, pull the nozzle out. Even let go out the trigger so it doesn't spray everywhere.

What sounds like the safer bet: leaving the situation as it is and hitting the e-stop and letting it burn off, or pulling the handle out and exposing more surface area to the loving flames.

Looks to me like things burn out pretty quickly, so long as more literal fuel isnt added to the literal fire.

Actually I wasn't talking to you, I just qouted you because you posted the same link that posted like one post above you which was pretty 'didnt read'. I was replying to the original question posted by 'a white guy', so again, wasnt talking to you about the video. at all.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Parkingtigers posted:

But this reminded me there's a really good UK show up on YouTube called "Bouncers" which has lots of freude from drunken British twats getting thrown out. Season 2 is a big step down in quality, but all the S1 episodes are filled with gold.

Edit: Should point out this is NSFW as drunk British women flash boobs and butts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHKj6Ti5iCg

Thank you for this, I'm 4 eps in and feeling much better about my own drinking habits.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Lucid Nonsense posted:

It is nice to hear that some Russians, when involved with a violent accident, still show some emotion other than complete indifference. Maybe their poverty stricken lifestyles and vodka soaked brains haven't severed them from humanity yet.

It's the culture more than anything. In most places in the world, smiling is part of a pleasant conversation. In Russia, smiling unbidden is seen as a sign that you're an idiot. I can't really describe just how fundamentally different Russians are to Americans. Russians are kind of like anti-Americans. Pretty much every value that Americans hold dear, well, Russians hold the opposite view. Americans like democracy? Russians like authoritarian governments. Americans believe in self-determination. Russia believes in self-determination...of other Russians. Americans strongly believe in the individual identity. Most Russians have the opposite view.

Plus, most people alive in Russia right now lived through the breakup of the Soviet Union, and the '90s in Russia were baaaaaad.

A Festivus Miracle has a new favorite as of 05:52 on Jan 7, 2016

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Parkingtigers posted:

Pretty terrible people skills for a bouncer I'd say. You've got to either have the charm, or be the old school hardman bastard, to make a successful doorman.

But this reminded me there's a really good UK show up on YouTube called "Bouncers" which has lots of freude from drunken British twats getting thrown out. Season 2 is a big step down in quality, but all the S1 episodes are filled with gold.

Edit: Should point out this is NSFW as drunk British women flash boobs and butts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHKj6Ti5iCg

I think the biggest schadenfreude is watching the talking heads from the 'old guard' of doormen trying to wrap their head around the newer guys not "bein 'ard enuff" and instead defusing situations 90% of the time. It's like watching an ape trying to understand chess and they just can't stand that their brand of "just hospitalise someone for mouthing off" doesn't apply anymore.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

This is one of my favorite videos for so many reasons.

"gently caress I feel so bad for you" the friend says without a trace of sincerity.
"It went straight through the hand thing! It didn't even help!"
The previously mentioned pig squealing, how he tries to will himself unconscious, etc.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Today's my first day of work after the holidays and it sucks.
Here're some people who are having it worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPPciVYVLIQ

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35249191

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Blackchamber posted:

Actually I wasn't talking to you, I just qouted you because you posted the same link that posted like one post above you which was pretty 'didnt read'. I was replying to the original question posted by 'a white guy', so again, wasnt talking to you about the video. at all.
Then please don't invoke me with a quote, tia

KoRMaK has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Jan 7, 2016

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Coxswain Balls posted:

This is one of my favorite videos for so many reasons.

"gently caress I feel so bad for you" the friend says without a trace of sincerity.
"It went straight through the hand thing! It didn't even help!"
The previously mentioned pig squealing, how he tries to will himself unconscious, etc.

And then going from blood-curdling pig screaming to saying "owie owie owie" like a five year old.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

Thank you for this, I'm 4 eps in and feeling much better about my own drinking habits.

hahaha, yep, glad I'm 35 now and don't feel obliged to go out and get shitfaced like this anymore. Mind you I hated clubbing even when I was 19. Getting old rules.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Pro tip: Do not beat up blind kids when Cody's around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbaX90xGm0Q

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PerilPastry posted:

Jesus the sound of that punch

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

PerilPastry posted:

My favorite thing

"I'm loving good, Cody!"

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

PerilPastry posted:

"I'm fuckin great, Cody!"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Jesus the sound of that punch

That, my friend, is the sound karmic satisfaction. And the punching guy isn't even angry, he's just downright disgusted. It's perfect on so many levels. "Dude, why are you getting near him?" "HE loving PUNCHED A BLIND KID!"

Glorious.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Middle easterns who hate middle easterns in AMERICA!!!
https://www.facebook.com/uhohnick/videos/1701678166742631/?fref=nf

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
Also, don't mess with band kids apparently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oWgu7Oyn5s

Any "Bully gets theirs" video makes me smile.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

china bot posted:

Middle easterns who hate middle easterns in AMERICA!!!
https://www.facebook.com/uhohnick/videos/1701678166742631/?fref=nf

Of course it's in loving Florida...

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

That blind kid vid had some hosed up backstory that I didn';t bother figuring out but apparently the blind kid was doing something hosed up before hand. So its not a good clean bully gets their come upins story. Kind of like that dude that kicked the kid.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

KoRMaK posted:

That blind kid vid had some hosed up backstory that I didn';t bother figuring out but apparently the blind kid was doing something hosed up before hand. So its not a good clean bully gets their come upins story. Kind of like that dude that kicked the kid.

OH OKAY

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

KoRMaK posted:

So you think resolving a conflict with a blind person is by punching his defensiveness rear end seems fair, you're cool.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

KoRMaK posted:

You're not gonna take this from me. :colbert:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

So you think resolving a conflict with a blind person is by punching his defensiveness rear end seems fair, you're cool.
Who said that? I didn't say that. Why would you assume I said that?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
What in your mind would possibly justify beating a blind kid over?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
^^^^ blind hitler?

KoRMaK posted:

Mind sharing with the rest of class?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

El Jebus posted:

Mind sharing with the rest of class?

nah he didnt bother figuring it out, but it totally happened

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

El Jebus posted:

^^^^ blind hitler?

You'd think Hitler being blind would solve a lot of problems

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

http://imgur.com/gallery/I5y0l

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
OK so that imgur post starts out saying that the kid is only mostly blind and also autistic then at the end it says that he isn't at all disabled? Also the bully says that the blind kid attacked him and really wanted to fight but in the video the bully is wailing on the blind kid whos just holding his arms up trying to not get hit while kids are in a circle watching and recording. I'm just gonna go ahead and believe the recorded evidence and dismiss the eye witness testimony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Na'at posted:

OK so that imgur post starts out saying that the kid is only mostly blind and also autistic then at the end it says that he isn't at all disabled? Also the bully says that the blind kid attacked him and really wanted to fight but in the video the bully is wailing on the blind kid whos just holding his arms up trying to not get hit while kids are in a circle watching and recording. I'm just gonna go ahead and believe the recorded evidence and dismiss the eye witness testimony.

Blind kid went picking a fight, the "bully" didn't know the kid was blind. If a person that comes picking a fight ends up being on the losing end I don't think that the other person is going to stop immedately.

Still feel bad for the blind kid, probably some misguided poo poo made him think he should pick a fight.