Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

I feel bad for everyone in DGKK and TPT that never got to meet Gong Way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

TwistedNails posted:

I feel bad for everyone in DGKK and TPT that never got to meet Gong Way.

I'm in TPT, not enough catgirls tbh.

Logicspren
Oct 21, 2010
I think I saw it mentioned briefly in the last thread, but I can't find the post so I'll ask here: Is there a goon LS on Balmung, and if so who do I contact?

notanewfag
May 13, 2008

nightonthesun posted:

Thirding this! Third Party Tools is awesome and helpful. Unfortunately, my account may be down for up to 5 days while they retroactively apply my Recruit-a-Friend bonus.
:negative:

TPT has helped me out multiple times on stupid questions, where's this button, and needing help on quests. Thank you TPT.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Logicspren posted:

I think I saw it mentioned briefly in the last thread, but I can't find the post so I'll ask here: Is there a goon LS on Balmung, and if so who do I contact?

There is a goon LS on Balmung called "Don't ERP Here". What's your name?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Droid Washington posted:

It's weird how the communities from game to game vary so wildly too, goon or otherwise. FFXIV is the best community I've been a part of since some of the older MMOs like EQ and DAoC in terms of helpful, genuinely nice people. (Of course it probably also varies by server.) One of the things I like about this game so much is that it has a pretty good sense of community and less of a "gently caress you, got mine" attitude that is so prevalent in many modern games. It's just the general atmosphere the game exudes I think, which influences the players (or maybe attracts a certain type of player).

P.S. I just transferred over to Excalibur. I registered on FFGoons and am all set there, but I don't remember how to search by players online in a certain FC to ask for an invite.

I've been playing for a year at least probably, and it still blows me away every time someone (sometimes me) dies to something totally dumb and avoidable in a dungeon and people are just like "don't sweat it" and offer helpful advice instead of getting mad. Even when you do occasionally run into groups where someone is bad bad and slows down the group by dying repeatedly, it's pretty rare for someone to get vocally angry, usually they just quietly quit or vote abandon.

After running dungeons with pubbies in SWTOR, I reflexively expect the worst from everybody but it never comes.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
Goons in DGGK practically held me at knifepoint while they made me an up to date set of armour.

Taking killing you with kindness to another level.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Goons in DGGK practically held me at knifepoint while they made me an up to date set of armour.

Taking killing you with kindness to another level.

That's pretty much been my experience in all three goon FCs.

(Mostly because I'm the one holding people up until I can get the gear made. :unsmigghh:)

I will shank a bitch to be the one to replace the i115 weapons for fresh 50s in the FC chest first.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 6, 2016

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Funny thing is that I swear DGKK has most of the Roe on the server. Granted it probably also just feels that way because goons are super prevalent on Excal. Hell, we have catgirls that chose to become Roe.

I'm also looking forward to finding out the Jukebox is going to be like 10 million gil and thus out of my reach for awhile. :v:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Death Dealer posted:

Funny thing is that I swear DGKK has most of the Roe on the server. Granted it probably also just feels that way because goons are super prevalent on Excal. Hell, we have catgirls that chose to become Roe.

I'm also looking forward to finding out the Jukebox is going to be like 10 million gil and thus out of my reach for awhile. :v:

Confirming that I am in DGKK and fantasia'd over to Roe from catgirl.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Death Dealer posted:

Can confirm, was male catgirl, am now roe.

Logicspren
Oct 21, 2010

MikeyLikesIt posted:

There is a goon LS on Balmung called "Don't ERP Here". What's your name?

My character name is R'haliyer Tizon. I spend too much time on this game, so I might as well chat with Goons while I do so.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
hyur lady best lady imo

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Death Dealer posted:

It's just a good decision. I'm not in DGKK but I have renounced my licentious catgirl ways and embraced the muscle slider.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Death Dealer posted:

Hell, we have catgirls that chose to become Roe.

For a second I thought you were talking about me.

Started with a great rendition of my character from FF XI, now Roe.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I went from a Hyur Lady to Roegedame.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I went from unmaxed-muscle-slider highlander to maxed-muscle-slider highlander. I couldn't stand the shame and self-loathing at my poor life choices.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Things change so much in this game, it's nice to have constants.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
So i used to play this on Ps4 when i had a lovely pc. Now i have an amazing pc.

What do i have to do to play my same account on pc. I know it involves windows licenses... am i just straight up going to have to buy ARR and Heavenward again?

If i do have to buy it, does buying the Final Fantasy XIV package with both, let me register it with an existing account?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Yes. You buy a license for ARR and HW, apply them to your account in Mogstation, download the launcher and game, and continue playing on the character that was on your PS4.

If you buy them through steam, you have to do *everything* regarding payments and purchases through steam.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Ignimbrite posted:

Yes. You buy a license for ARR and HW, apply them to your account in Mogstation, download the launcher and game, and continue playing on the character that was on your PS4.

If you buy them through steam, you have to do *everything* regarding payments and purchases through steam.

Can you link a steam purchase to an existing license? Cause steam wallet would be a far more convenient way for me to pay. Mogstation has a habit of being choosy about which credit card it will accept or not.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
If anything, going from PS4 to PC is easier because you don't have to deal with linking a PSN account. (You've already done that!)

The same caveats with cross-PC/PS4 apply: your gearsets and hotbars won't transfer because they're stored client-side. (Along with a bunch of other stuff.) But beyond that, once you've got the PC keys registered, you basically just log in and play exactly as you did on the PS4.

And, yes, you can just use the bundle that includes both keys, and you will need both keys. If you want to save money you might be able to hunt down someone who wound up with an extra FFXIV PC key from the recent Humble Bundle or Square Enix Mystery Pack, but you'd still need to buy Heavensward.

Edit:

Talkc posted:

Can you link a steam purchase to an existing license? Cause steam wallet would be a far more convenient way for me to pay. Mogstation has a habit of being choosy about which credit card it will accept or not.

I don't actually know but I'd assume so.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
A new Warrior of Light, forged in flames.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
The full Heavensward OST will be physically released on the 24th of February: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/ff14/heavensward/

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Can't wait to never stop listening to the Singularity Reactor theme on repeat.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

vOv posted:

Can't wait to never stop listening to the Singularity Reactor theme on repeat.

This, but with Spiral.

Or maybe Blood for Blood.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Niton posted:

Spiral.

Can't wait to see the sheet for that be an untradeable 1% drop from Savage SCoB. :negative:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Okay, here you go, for all the newer players since it's almost maint time and if you started in 3.0 you've probably never listened to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td8Xz9mnYyw

This is Spiral, the dungeon theme of the Binding Coil of Bahamut). Spiral owned and it is an objective loving shame that there is no way to get it to play for yourself as of patch 3.1.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Niton posted:

Okay, here you go, for all the newer players since it's almost maint time and if you started in 3.0 you've probably never listened to it:

This is Spiral, the dungeon theme of the Binding Coil of Bahamut). Spiral owned and it is an objective loving shame that there is no way to get it to play for yourself as of patch 3.1.

I could be wrong, but I believe Spiral was specifically the Second Coil's theme. First and Final both used Primal Timbre I think.

I actually prefer the latter, especially the intro.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Bertram Weatherby posted:

I could be wrong, but I believe Spiral was specifically the Second Coil's theme. First and Final both used Primal Timbre I think.

I actually prefer the latter, especially the intro.

Primal Timbre is the fantastic "intro" music to First (and I think Final) coil. Spiral itself is the battle theme that plays in T1, T3 and T7, and is remixed in T6.

Niton fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 7, 2016

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Niton posted:

This, but with Spiral.

Or maybe Blood for Blood.

This, but the song from Thok ast Thok.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Niton posted:

You can buy the 2.0 OST or do unsynced Coil runs!

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Niton posted:

Primal Timbre is the fantastic "intro" music to First (and I think Final) coil. Spiral itself is the battle theme that plays in T1, T3 and T7, and is remixed in T6.

Ah yes, T6 was the one where Soken pushed the "spooky vocals" preset on his synth right?

TheRagamuffin posted:

This, but the song from Thok ast Thok.

I really wish they had expanded on the first part of Ravana's song for the second half.

The Khoomei inspiration is great, but the waltz fit that fight so perfectly.

Bertram Weatherby fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 7, 2016

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Anyone who can listen to any coil music and not get triggered obviously isn't hardcore enough.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Sometimes I'll listen to the 2.1-2.55 soundtrack all the way through. Rise of the White Raven makes me twitch every single time.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

armoredgorilla posted:

A new Warrior of Light, forged in flames.

Is that a diaper?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I still think Ultima weapons music is the best in the game, its perfect final boss music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXrtICZyzNo

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Why are you saying coil can't be run? The CT linkshell which has dozens of members spanning all three FCs also does coil runs (and occasionally primals)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Is that a diaper?

That's the Roe underwear. A shame the races of Eorzea never went beyond whitebread colours or designs for their nether regions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Kuvo posted:

I still think Ultima weapons music is the best in the game, its perfect final boss music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXrtICZyzNo

You didn't even link the right ultima music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l69nQsEHxI

• Locked thread