Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Postal Parcel posted:

^Uhh, I'll just follow the topic and not say anything...

anyway, I was reminded about simpler times recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMf3ZFXfjx8

#Hot #Cops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Indolent Bastard posted:

This is just dumb. I hope there is a better reason given for his arrest than "He wuz dressed like a lady!" That swim suit covers more than a speedo would, so who cares?

He was harassing people on a road and on a path. He also had more swimsuits stuffed in the front of the suit, so I'm pretty sure it was a Sex Thing.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

He was just selling oranges to people driving by. They bought them so he was putting them in their laps.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

His mom left him a message on the wall. :frogout:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Postal Parcel posted:

^Uhh, I'll just follow the topic and not say anything...

anyway, I was reminded about simpler times recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMf3ZFXfjx8

Why can't they just let Terry live his life?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Indolent Bastard posted:

This is just dumb. I hope there is a better reason given for his arrest than "He wuz dressed like a lady!" That swim suit covers more than a speedo would, so who cares?

He went up to some young girls, fondled himself, and asked if they liked his bathing suit, IIRC. When they tried to walk off, he followed them.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Midnight Voyager posted:

He went up to some young girls, fondled himself, and asked if they liked his bathing suit, IIRC. When they tried to walk off, he followed them.

Well then, gently caress that creep. (Or rather don't do that).

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Jeherrin posted:

Is this guy's name Adam? Because if it is, I too believe I know him.

No, his name is that of a famous soccerballer's.

And, sorry. Those pics aren't overly AUG even in context. They're Altoona 10s, what do you expect? v:shobon:v

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehD6YRYuDWQ

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Nice nose "scratch" 30 seconds in.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

This guy reminds me of the brony/furry who used to work in my building. Guy had shoulder length hair that somehow managed to be both frizzy and greasy at the same time. He was in jus mid 20's and had acne that would've been bad for a teenager and his face had a pronounced oily sheen. He would wear the same clothes for a week straight. He had a goatee that was so strange looking that it looked like he bought it at a novelty store.

But the worst part was the smell. There may have been mildew straight up growing on his body. You always knew he was around because the motherfucker had a smell radius of about 30 feet. The guys on his area gave him some do nothing job well clear of his direct coworkers.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Indolent Bastard posted:

Nice nose "scratch" 30 seconds in.

I thinks that's bats in the cave.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
My friend suggested I join the popular Facebook group "Unedited Smartphone Pics". I tried it for a few days and all it did was flood my newsfeed with selfies of unemployable 25 year olds. Pic below was the last straw (actual 25 year-old):

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Male Tears posted:

My friend suggested I join the popular Facebook group "Unedited Smartphone Pics". I tried it for a few days and all it did was flood my newsfeed with selfies of unemployable 25 year olds. Pic below was the last straw (actual 25 year-old):

Noel Fielding just never ages, does he?

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Someone I went to high school has this self-portrait as his profile picture:

Just after Christmas, he shared his latest work on his wall:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Male Tears posted:

That boy has tiny eyes.
Which is not said to take away from the horror that is her anatomy.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Male Tears posted:

Post ur friends Fb

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Fathis Munk posted:

Holy hell that's pretty amazing. Between the pedo marriage and the turning off the radio story I'm impressed he was allowed to stay in the army? Shouldn't you get kicked out or sth if you just shut off the radio and put other peeps in danger?

It's harder than you'd think to kick someone out of the military just for being retarded. Sometime you just gotta stick them in a dark corner and keep them busy enough that they can't gently caress anything up too badly.

I've found a group on Facebook called "gently caress Liberals" that's practically an unlimited fountain of AUG. Even TPC at least tried to dress it up and claim not to be racist. These aren't by far the worst posts on there, but a lot of them end up reported/deleted by folks trolling the site.

"Those drat black people always playing the race card. We're not racist! Also, gently caress black people."

The faces of a second American Revolution, or a 90s nu-metal band reunion tour? Choose wisely!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Male Tears posted:

Is that Johnny Five Aces?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Male Tears posted:

Oh boy do I have the artist woman for him!

quote:

I create unique and fabulous original acrylic paintings and drawings which are sure to brighten your home and/or business!

Local artist, nine art shows in Seattle so far. You choose the size, colors, and theme, and I will create a painting just for you!

Original illustrations and commissions, and//or collaboration {including writing and editing services} are also available.

I also make prints and greeting card sets based on miniature versions of my paintings, which have been featured in several area boutiques, including Damsalfly in Ballard, Coconut Boutique in Fremont, and Sonic Boom Records in Ballard.

Please email me for more.

Please contact Me today to discuss displaying my art at your location, commissioning a painting or illustration or writing//editing project, or purchasing an existing original work, print, or greeting card set!! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ALL WORK IS COPYRIGHT PROTECTED ~ (C) MP 2015 ~ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED INTERNATIONALLY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She posts this a few times every day or so on Craigslist.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

He suggests that the most fascinating aspect of the multiverse theory is that all of your fursonas can actually exist!

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Scathach posted:

Oh boy do I have the artist woman for him!

She posts this a few times every day or so on Craigslist.

I really like that m in "Me" is capitalized

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

No.

No, being different, in a lot of cases (say, if you're a furry), is not a good thing.

Holy poo poo.

I watched the entire thing.

What the gently caress is wrong with me :negative:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

It's helpful that you can identify the most autistic people on YouTube just by their use of the reverse MySpace angle

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Cosima posted:

He suggests that the most fascinating aspect of the multiverse theory is that all of your fursonas can actually exist!

I like the multiverse where furries don't exist, I want to live in that one

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

There is the germ of something wonderful here.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
It might have already been linked in a previous AUG thread, since it's from August,, but the Obsolete Tech thread let me know that the Soylent guy, Rob Rhinehart, has now given up AC electricity.
http://robrhinehart.com/?p=1331

quote:

The walls are buzzing. I know this because I have a magnet implanted in my hand and whenever I reach near an outlet I can feel them. I can feel fortresses of industry miles away burning prehistoric hydrocarbons by the megaton. I can feel the searing pain and loss of consciousness from when I was shocked by exposed house wiring as a boy. I can feel the deep cut of the power bill when I was living near the poverty line. I can feel the cold uncertainty of the first time the power went out due to a storm when I was a child. How long before the delicate veil of civilization turns to savagery with no light nor heat nor refrigeration?
Kitchens are expensive and dirty. This home manufacturing center has been by far the most liberating to eliminate. They are the greediest consumers of power, water, and labor and produce the most noise and garbage of any room. Moreover, they can be made totally unnecessary with a few practical life hacks.

First, I never cook. I am all for self reliance but repeating the same labor over and over for the sake of existence is the realm of robots. I utilize soylent only at home and go out to eat when craving company or flavor. This eliminates a panoply of expensive tools and rotting ingredients I would need to spend an unconscionable amount of time sourcing, preparing, and cleaning. It also gives me an incentive to explore the city’s fine restaurants and ask friends out to eat. In fact, I find soylent has made me more social when it comes to food. I can spend the money I saved from groceries and take out to buy a friend lunch or dinner. When soylent 2.0 reached private beta, I was thrilled to learn that thanks to aseptic processing the product does not require refrigeration, and will still keep its nutrition for at least a year. It tastes better cold but I think it’s fine warm. Getting rid of my fridge was one of the greatest days of my life. Nevermore will I listen to that drat compressor moan.

I have not set foot in a grocery store in years. Nevermore will I bumble through endless confusing aisles like a pack-donkey searching for feed while the smell of rotting flesh fills my nostrils and fluorescent lights sear my eyeballs and sappy love songs torture my ears. Grocery shopping is a multisensory living nightmare. There are services that will make someone else do it for me but I cannot in good conscience force a fellow soul through this gauntlet.

I buy my staple food online like a civilized person. It takes me mere seconds to order enough soylent for a month, and version 2.0 does not require any preparation, so I got rid of my noisy blender. At less than $2.50 / meal it also saves me loads of cash, and I appreciate the use of more soy and less rice, finally bringing a nutritionally optimal PDCAAS score of 1.0 while improving the taste and especially texture. I also think it’s crazy cool that some of the ingredients are made by algae rather than water-guzzling pesticide-spraying farms.

I...I don't even know where to start with that kitchen rant.

Oh, and then there's this choice sentance:

quote:

Public transportation is leagues more efficient and I love trains.

Of loving COURSE he does.

God drat, it just keeps getting better:

quote:

I enjoy doing laundry about as much as doing dishes. I get my clothing custom made in China for prices you would not believe and have new ones regularly shipped to me. Shipping is a problem. I wish container ships had nuclear engines but it’s still much more efficient and convenient than retail. Thanks to synthetic fabrics it takes less water to make my clothes than it would to wash them, and I donate my used garments

He seriously just buys new clothes rather than wash them? But then he goes on to say:

quote:

For now a few new t shirts and jeans per month is not very offensive. I certainly buy less clothing overall than a typical consumer.

Only a few per month? So he wears his clothes like 5-6 times each it would seem, without any washing?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Beep boop it is nutritionally optimal

also

quote:

I also think it’s crazy cool that some of the ingredients are made by algae rather than water-guzzling pesticide-spraying farms.

Yeah, gently caress farms for using water, algae doesn't need that poo poo

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

beep boop robot man posted:

At less than $2.50 / meal it also saves me loads of cash,

How much does cooking a meal from scratch usually cost in the states that makes two fiddy a big saving? Here in the UK I can make food that doesn't look like a glass full of jizz much cheaper, and once I cook a big batch I can just toss some in the freezer and reheat it in a microwave.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

What a colossal piece of poo poo. All high and mighty for his lifestyle but will send away to China for clothing where they're doubtlessly using all of the technology he gave up to make his clothes, not to mention what getting custom garments from China implies. That's the ugliest bit to me because it reveals his character the most.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Slime posted:

How much does cooking a meal from scratch usually cost in the states that makes two fiddy a big saving? Here in the UK I can make food that doesn't look like a glass full of jizz much cheaper, and once I cook a big batch I can just toss some in the freezer and reheat it in a microwave.

I actually did some quick estimating with my dinner last night, and it came out to almost exactly $2.50. It was about $10 total, but it was dinner for my GF and I with enough leftovers for lunch for both of us, and at least one more meal's worth, too, so actually closer to like $2 per meal. Though I suppose if we account for the some of the cost for things like oil, spices, and the amount of electricity used for the stove, maybe it creeps back up to $2.50.

But it wasn't a flavorless, gritty, nutrition-goo. It was a nice chicken stir-fry w/ carrots, peppers, and broccoli. And we were "fancy" because we had it with quinoa, so if we used much cheaper rice instead, we could bring that cost down.

And we were using relatively expensive* boneless/skinless chicken breasts, so if we had just used a whole chicken that we bought instead, it would have been even cheaper.

Oh, but I guess we did spend an unconscionable amount of time buying and preparing that meal, though, so I guess we've got to factor that into the equation!

*We got them when they were on sale AND with one of those additional "$2 off!" meat coupons that they stick on the package cause it was their sell-by date, so maybe like $1.50/pound, but a whole chicken is anywhere from like $0.60 - $1/pound depending on the store and if it's on sale or not. Though some of that is bone, but on the other hand, we save the bones and other non-edible bits for stock.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I have no idea what this is but I like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r8W7a9OZY8

Dude has a whole channel of this guy just hanging out doing stuff.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

*We got them when they were on sale AND with one of those additional "$2 off!" meat coupons that they stick on the package cause it was their sell-by date, so maybe like $1.50/pound, but a whole chicken is anywhere from like $0.60 - $1/pound depending on the store and if it's on sale or not. Though some of that is bone, but on the other hand, we save the bones and other non-edible bits for stock.

That is insanely cheap. In the Netherlands a whole chicken costs about ~2euros a pound, or 3 times as much.
I think I could live on e2.50 a meal here, but I'd have to go vegetarian, or only buy meat when it's heavily discounted.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

DrBouvenstein posted:

I actually did some quick estimating with my dinner last night, and it came out to almost exactly $2.50. It was about $10 total, but it was dinner for my GF and I with enough leftovers for lunch for both of us, and at least one more meal's worth, too, so actually closer to like $2 per meal. Though I suppose if we account for the some of the cost for things like oil, spices, and the amount of electricity used for the stove, maybe it creeps back up to $2.50.

But it wasn't a flavorless, gritty, nutrition-goo. It was a nice chicken stir-fry w/ carrots, peppers, and broccoli. And we were "fancy" because we had it with quinoa, so if we used much cheaper rice instead, we could bring that cost down.

And we were using relatively expensive* boneless/skinless chicken breasts, so if we had just used a whole chicken that we bought instead, it would have been even cheaper.

Oh, but I guess we did spend an unconscionable amount of time buying and preparing that meal, though, so I guess we've got to factor that into the equation!

I would like to know what this dude is doing that is taking up gobs of his time and he can't be bothered to grocery shop, make dinner or wash his clothing. I know I don't like doing any of those things, but all it does is cut down on my Netflix/internet loving around time. Is he solving important mathematical equations or just whining on the internet about how he hates grocery stores and loves trains.

Full disclosure: I like grocery shopping too much, which is why I use Peapod, because I would gladly blow my entire month's budget buying fancy cheeses and nifty meal kits.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Gerblyn posted:

That is insanely cheap. In the Netherlands a whole chicken costs about ~2euros a pound, or 3 times as much.
I think I could live on e2.50 a meal here, but I'd have to go vegetarian, or only buy meat when it's heavily discounted.

2.50 a meal though, not per DINNER. Even without going veggie it's not like you need to eat meat three times a day. Breakfast of cereal and milk is pennies. Soup and a roll or something for lunch, or a sandwich. Staples and snack foods are hella cheap. If you have $7.50 or $10 or whatever per day, you can spend like 80% of that on dinner.

In any case, it's pointless arguing about this guy or picking apart the obvious flaws in his logic because he is literally a crazy person

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

What a colossal piece of poo poo. All high and mighty for his lifestyle but will send away to China for clothing where they're doubtlessly using all of the technology he gave up to make his clothes, not to mention what getting custom garments from China implies. That's the ugliest bit to me because it reveals his character the most.

It's like those assholes that live "zero carbon footprint" freegan lives by being homeless in a major city, eating dumpster food, stealing power and using free wifi. Just because you don't pay for it, doesn't mean that the environmental impact doesn't exist you stunned cunts.

The douche we are all quoting is clearly better than us because he doesn't live under tyranny of a fridge. Wake up sheeple, you can be free if you just eat nutrient goo and get slave laborers to make all your clothes.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Eponine posted:

or just whining on the internet about how he hates grocery stores and loves trains.

ding ding ding

Indolent Bastard posted:

It's like those assholes that live "zero carbon footprint" freegan lives by being homeless in a major city, eating dumpster food, stealing power and using free wifi. Just because you don't pay for it, doesn't mean that the environmental impact doesn't exist you stunned cunts.

Or those dicks who drive ~electric~ cars because they're ~good for the environment~ and then go plug them in to charge at an outlet powered by the city's coal plant. Yep, zero carbon footprint there, buddy.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
It's not a zero carbon footprint, but odds are at least some of your power is coming from non-fossil fuel sources. Plus even then the power plant generates power more efficiently than a car engine can.

But I won't be happy until all cars are powered by electricity sourced from nuclear power plants.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Scarf posted:

I have no idea what this is but I like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r8W7a9OZY8

Dude has a whole channel of this guy just hanging out doing stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R65GfPFENv8&feature=youtu.be&t=1m51s

What a lovely voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I get what you're saying, but why would you eat staples?

• Locked thread