Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

EduardoEspecial posted:

I want to shoot lasers at giant robots. Any chance of getting an invite or something? My in game is Cocktopus.

Not for very long!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
By WoL decree, the shitlord known as Full Metal Idol is now KoS for high crimes of being a shitlord and delaying us ten minutes after roflstomping his uptonned team in Skirmish Mining.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

sarmhan posted:

Yea, you can just swap down to a standard 255 and cut some heatsinks like so:
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=28&l=4017a38f416d3bd24b27355d5c439149ac3e0e20
A lot more survivable.

Thanks, I used this build for my Laser Centy. I didn't want to put an XL in it at first.

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerously Dexterous Dongs

A.o.D. posted:

Not for very long!

Yeah, I have no idea what you mean.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

EduardoEspecial posted:

Yeah, I have no idea what you mean.

one of the Bads will complain and they'll make you change it

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Pattonesque, your LPL Locust 1V is an inspiration.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

EduardoEspecial posted:

I want to shoot lasers at giant robots. Any chance of getting an invite or something? My in game is Cocktopus.

Friend me up in game and I'll invite you

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Jesus christ, they took such a huge poo poo on the menu and game interface. It's so loving awful.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Edit: whoops

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 7, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

novaSphere posted:

Man, once I elite it it's gonna be sweet

Also I bought a -1M and did the same thing only with an ER large and it reaches to 1080m for full damage

It's so heat-efficient that I took out a heat sink and added a BAP just to go full scout-sniper

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerously Dexterous Dongs

sebmojo posted:

Friend me up in game and I'll invite you

Sure. Do you use the same name on there?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Tujague posted:

Jesus christ, they took such a huge poo poo on the menu and game interface. It's so loving awful.

Fun fact, at low resolutions the mechlab is different, the right side where you grab weapons, heatsinks, modules etc, expands out and makes it very crowded. I can understand if that is whats killin ya, but if you think this is worse than 1.0 or god forbid, 2.0, well, you may be special.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

EduardoEspecial posted:

Reported

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Is there one of these that shows the 'dead spots' in the Marauder's hitbox?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

novaSphere posted:

I had a blast in the 5ml variant tonight, is that one more fun? Just replace theMLs with an LPL I assume?

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
I was wall dancing most of the match shooting some some butts, but my retard of a team died and I had to finish things up.

1v4.........

Ran the clock down to 2:30 finishing the match by stripping the last mech (Nova) and legging it for styling points. Fuckin' feels so good to have the chat explode with praise when you bring it back from the brink.

Endbuster fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 7, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Bait and Swatch posted:

I had a blast in the 5ml variant tonight, is that one more fun? Just replace theMLs with an LPL I assume?

The Locust 1V (and Spider 5K) have 50% energy weapon cooldowns. The Locust 1V gets a 50% beam duration on top of that (the Spider 5K is only a 30% reduction, but gets like a 15% range increase thrown in too).

I personally prefer the Spider since you can take a jump jet and some machineguns to annoy / frighten bads, but that -50% beam duration on the Locust 1V is really tempting. Also cheap.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 7, 2016

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Endbuster posted:

I was wall dancing most of the match shooting some some butts, but my retard of a team died and I had to finish things up.

1v4.........

Ran the clock down to 2:30 finishing the match by stripping the last mech (Nova) and legging it for styling points. Fuckin' feels so good to have the chat explode with praise when you bring it back from the brink.

I can confirm that this is awesome and a good show.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Locust 1V (and Spider 5K) have 50% energy weapon cooldowns. The Locust 1V gets a 50% beam duration on top of that (the Spider 5K is only a 30% reduction, but gets like a 15% range increase thrown in too).

I personally prefer the Spider since you can take a jump jet and some machineguns to annoy / frighten bads, but that -50% beam duration on the Locust 1V is really tempting. Also cheap.

I am loving the locust and will try this out next once I basic the current one. The speed is simply too much fun, and lights are much easier to elite since they are cheap.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Locusts are excellent LL snipers (maybe the best) but don't fall into the pubbie trap of peeking and shooting repeatedly from the same piece of cover.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Pattonesque posted:

I also like the Timber Wolf with 4 SRM6A and 4 SPL, but I haven't tried with SRM4A yet so that might work better

It won't. The argument has become convoluted, it was originally about SRM6s vs SRM4As because that swap has the 4s at the same slots and tonnage as the 6s, but the spread is way better and you should always step down from raw 6s to Artemis 4s. However if you can take Artemis 6s do so. The actual spread difference between raw 6s and 4s is minuscule. This is an argument that comes up a lot with something like the Griffin-2N, where you can fit either 4xSRM6, or 4xSRM4A - and the conclusion is you should always do the latter. Please everyone save this following image and look at it when considering Artemis and your SRMs.

Edit: I mean it might work better for your specific timberwolf in that you're freeing up tonnage for heatsinks or whatever, and will make your ROF on SRMs better, but it wont really improve their spread.

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 7, 2016

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

PoptartsNinja posted:

The 1V gets 50% cooldown, 50% duration, and 15% range boosts on energy weapons on top of chunks of extra armor and structure. LPLs with modules and skills has a one-second cooldown, a .335-second duration, out to 456m range. I gave it a whirl on an elited Locust and it was surprisingly effective.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

GIRL is the best unit tag. :allears:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Washout posted:

People love the king crab for some reason, it's slow as poo poo and the weapons are all really low, it's really a garbage newbie trap imo. BNC-3E does dakka better and atlas is a better brawler. It can fight off lights but that's about it, it's such an easy target to hit that you will probably lose in any brawling situation.

I actually don't think the Banshee is that good at brawling, it doesn't get any structure bonuses unlike a lot of other assaults and it's centre torso is enormous so it tends to get cored really fast.

It's pretty good at dakka though! I just suck at dakka.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I used to play this during the early beta and even bought an elite founder's pack (which I never used).

I saw Jadestar streaming it today and the game looks like it's fun again -- can I get by with my founder's mechs without spending money? My hangar shows two Atlases and a Centurion, I think.

Which of the two goon groups should I join? Are people still active on Mumble?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

WhiteHowler posted:

I used to play this during the early beta and even bought an elite founder's pack (which I never used).

I saw Jadestar streaming it today and the game looks like it's fun again -- can I get by with my founder's mechs without spending money? My hangar shows two Atlases and a Centurion, I think.

Which of the two goon groups should I join? Are people still active on Mumble?

Depends what they are, The good atlases are the AS7-S and the AS7-D-DC, either of which are pretty solid. The good Centurion is the CN9-A but the AH and the AL are passably okay too. I don't know which mechs are likely to be yours.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
While drinking, I have demonstrated over the course of 5~7 games that if you do 300+ damage, you are blameless for losing the match. gg

The damage for a team in order to win a match has been between 3.3k and 3.8k, averaging about 3.4k.

divide those extrema by 12 and you have the amount of dmg you need to do on average to determine whether you carried your portion of the weight in order to win.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 7, 2016

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Drone_Fragger posted:

Depends what they are, The good atlases are the AS7-S and the AS7-D-DC, either of which are pretty solid. The good Centurion is the CN9-A but the AH and the AL are passably okay too. I don't know which mechs are likely to be yours.
Here's what's in my hangar. I don't know what the letters in parentheses are (F = founders, L = uhh...?)

AS7-D (F)
AS7-S (L)
CN9-AH (L)

Not sure how I ended up with mechs other than my founder's one -- I never bought anything other than the founder's pack, and I haven't touched the game since beta.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

WhiteHowler posted:

Not sure how I ended up with mechs other than my founder's one -- I never bought anything other than the founder's pack, and I haven't touched the game since beta.

It was an anniversary reward. You got a free Centurion for spending money on the game and an AS7-S (the S stands for for 'shame') Atlas for being a founder. The AS7-S is very good right now and gets you extra money whenever you pilot it. The CN9-AH is gimmicky but can be fun I hear. You'll probably notice immediately that they both look terrible.

AS7-S is pretty much 'best in show' for Atlases right now. Do something like this with it.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Those were loyalty-rewards. They've got c-bill bonuses on em. The 7s is amazeballs packing all of the srms.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Our party leader, voideka, blew our 12x multiplier unironically on Alpine Peaks.

Never let voideka be your party leader.

Voideka
Dec 3, 2006
One deadly and unpredictable midget
Retaliation for your poopsocking!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Got my second direwolf last night, 6 millions saved. Now grinding for the third one.
I dont regret it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Still grinding for a cheap Timberwolf. How long have I got left?

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Willfrey posted:

Fun fact, at low resolutions the mechlab is different, the right side where you grab weapons, heatsinks, modules etc, expands out and makes it very crowded. I can understand if that is whats killin ya, but if you think this is worse than 1.0 or god forbid, 2.0, well, you may be special.

I dunno, I mean the poo poo down the left hand side is the same, but now I have these orange-framed drop down menus dominating the center space that keep me up-to-date on poo poo like A> My name and B> What unit I belong to.

Also, my mech's engine options being pared down to a spreadsheet cell is a little jarring. And it's so ugly.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tujague posted:

I dunno, I mean the poo poo down the left hand side is the same, but now I have these orange-framed drop down menus dominating the center space that keep me up-to-date on poo poo like A> My name and B> What unit I belong to.

Also, my mech's engine options being pared down to a spreadsheet cell is a little jarring. And it's so ugly.

You can get rid of the nonsense by hitting dismiss.

Seriously it used to be sooooo loving bad.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
So I've traded my KGC in for a SCR-D. Question in regards to Streakcrowing. I've set weapons group so I can fire arms separately and I have my torso on a separate group as well. Should I just have it all on one group and chainfire? I'm finding myself getting stuck in moments where my SRMs are all down and I have to retreat (luckily the speed for the SCR helps me there)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

tarbrush posted:

Still grinding for a cheap Timberwolf. How long have I got left?

Sale ends on the 11th.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Stringbean posted:

So I've traded my KGC in for a SCR-D. Question in regards to Streakcrowing. I've set weapons group so I can fire arms separately and I have my torso on a separate group as well. Should I just have it all on one group and chainfire? I'm finding myself getting stuck in moments where my SRMs are all down and I have to retreat (luckily the speed for the SCR helps me there)

I chain fire because if you fire as once you will be at like 50% heat immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Stringbean posted:

You'll need 3 weapons groups on a streakcrow. One for your TAG, one for a streak alpha strike, and one for streak chainfire.

Since streaks hit random parts of your target, there's no damage benefit for firing them all at once. So instead you'll be chainfiring them most often. However, if you're doing a shoot and scoot, or your target will only be hittable for a short period of time, having the alpha option will let you unload the damage quickly. The TAG is necessary so that you can target ecm mechs in the 180-400m range that your BAP doesn't cover. You'll want SSRM6 ROF and Range modules for your streakcrow, but that's a 6 million bill investment, and not one that is absolutely essential.

• Locked thread