Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

They are almost exactly on par with last year.

2015 stats.

2016 stats.

2015 didn't really go crazy until the last day, where there was a massive spike. Same will likely happen here.

Does this year have a games bundle though? Because that added like 200k alone last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Eonwe posted:

I'm in the states, but I'll probs pick a shirt up! I appreciate it tho!!!! hit me up on steam if you ever want to play a game btw

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Eonwe01

I was going to buy you the hitler one instead of the one you wanted my ruse has been foiled

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Cowman posted:

why don't they just call this a 100% run so people get it.

I believe you have to get dragon coins for 100%. Especial since the gba ver made dragon coins a thing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Wait, what the gently caress was that thing with Yoshi eating wings and flying off the screen?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SWMadness posted:

At this point do we really need to hear "Japanese version has faster text that provides a significant timesaver :geno: " at the start of every run

not everyone is so dedicated to following speedruns man

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I was going to buy you the hitler one instead of the one you wanted my ruse has been foiled

lmao that owns

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Jarogue posted:

I believe you have to get dragon coins for 100%. Especial since the gba ver made dragon coins a thing.

Yeah, IIRC this is needed for 100%. Didn't they do it recently?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

raditts posted:

Wait, what the gently caress was that thing with Yoshi eating wings and flying off the screen?

It's a power up. It brings you to a bonus level that is far faster than completing the level normally. And then your yoshi is blue until you dump him.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i have no feelings on this run...

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Sage Grimm posted:

It's a power up. It brings you to a bonus level that is far faster than completing the level normally. And then your yoshi is blue until you dump him.

Is that a normal thing in the game? It's been years since I played through the game but I don't ever remember anything like that. If not, it seems weird and funny that there is just some glitch bonus level that you fly to when things ain't right

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Which one of these dudes is the WR holder?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

looking forward to awful games done quick tho

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

voltcatfish posted:

That's the block beginning with Age of Empires right?

stealing jokes

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

voltcatfish posted:

I wish it weren't during sleeping hours, I'm not staying up for it but the last one did introduce me to Roundabout.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm absolutely loving this 96 Exit run. I'm learning about more hidden secrets and glitches that I've never seen before.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

raditts posted:

Is that a normal thing in the game? It's been years since I played through the game but I don't ever remember anything like that. If not, it seems weird and funny that there is just some glitch bonus level that you fly to when things ain't right

Yes, it's a normal thing, but it only happens on two levels and that level isn't usually one of them.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

raditts posted:

It's a normal thing, although there are ways of getting these wings in levels that do not have them normally. Up to and including having it stored in your item box for something like one of the castles.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Wait, I just realized there's no Trihex Yoshi's Island run this year. What the gently caress?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Akisto loving it up for everyone

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Wait, I just realized there's no Trihex Yoshi's Island run this year. What the gently caress?

Is he not involved in the Any% race coming up?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Speaking of, if you haven't seen the magic that is the Reverse Tongue Adventure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=949MwXS5HF8

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Trihex did a run of Yoshi's Island at Smash the Record 2015, so that might be why he's not running this year.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

also as much as I love trihex, which is a lot, I like carlsagan's runs of YI better

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Trihex did a run of Yoshi's Island at Smash the Record 2015, so that might be why he's not running this year.

Pffft, it's just as much of an event staple as Super Metroid. It's not a good AGDQ without it.

Ahh I just spotted the bonus incentive any% run. I suppose that's something, CarlSagan is cool too.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Also because he's poo poo

I haven't seen him speedrun Yoshi since Mario Maker came out and even before that he was pretty inconsistent, joints begin to rust and APM dips, put our boy out to pasture, he's no speedgamer anymore

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

trihex should run sonic r again

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Pffft, it's just as much of an event staple as Super Metroid. It's not a good AGDQ without it.

There's an Any% run of it that was a donation incentive that'll be right after this run

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
akisto is a strong beautiful runnner
*****who dont need no strats******
*****like dis if u cry every time*****
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

mario world speedruns are cool

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trihex also did a run at SGDQ 2015. I think it was the inaugural run.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There was a waitlisted SMW2 run with Trihex and Carl Sagan as commentators

too bad because they could cut out a lovely RPG and put in a baller run like SMW 2 100%

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

glitch the game to launch you to space.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they should cut out gunvolt or at least move it to the bad games block

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Eonwe posted:

There was a waitlisted SMW2 run with Trihex and Carl Sagan as commentators

too bad because they could cut out a lovely RPG and put in a baller run like SMW 2 100%

fuuuck

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Akisto here for moral support.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

akisto's gonna win

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Eonwe posted:

I believe you'll find that the lovely RPG is the one with a good run while the lovely RPG runs belong to games that people think aren't lovely (but actually are).

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
"kakusho failed..............................."

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
More runs like Talos and Soma and less runs like Fire Emblem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Only three of the four runners on stream are super players. :colbert:

• Locked thread