Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

enraged_camel posted:

I couldn't watch the second season with the new Spartacus actor for more than two episodes. The acting is just really bad, and Manu/Katrina can't really save it.

I had this exact problem. I understand the point everyone's making, but it definitely sucks that the original actor died...not that Weather Wizard is terrible in the role or anything, but I checked out once the status quo shifted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I thought season 2 was the best of the three. Season 1 took too long to become interesting and season 3 lacked the first two's cohesion.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

WarLocke posted:

So I started watching Spartacus recently.

Both Manu Bennett and Katrina Law go full frontal quite often in it. :magical:

when I close my eyes and try to visualize heaven, Manu's donger is what I see

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

WarLocke posted:

So I started watching Spartacus recently.

Both Manu Bennett and Katrina Law go full frontal quite often in it. :magical:

It's quicker to list the non-nude people in that show - Varro's missus,

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She redeems (not by nakedness) herself in Almighty Johnsons... she's plays a loving crackpot emo.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Soothing Vapors posted:

when I close my eyes and try to visualize heaven, Manu's donger is what I see

If you want people to stop making jokes about your wife, stop hanging that curve over the plate.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

She redeems (not by nakedness) herself in Almighty Johnsons... she's plays a loving crackpot emo.

Almighty Johnson's was a surprisingly entertaining and endearing show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's on that Shannara show now though so she's probably unredeeming herself.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Koalas March posted:

Almighty Johnson's was a surprisingly entertaining and endearing show.

It really was. The ending, especially, I didn't see coming. But it was somehow fitting.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Secret Past of Arrow's Malcolm Merlyn Revealed in New DC Comics Series

quote:

The secret life of Malcolm Merlyn is about to be exposed. Next week, DC Comics is launching a digital comic series that explores the past of the charmingly devious character played by John Barrowman on The CW's superhero saga Arrow.

Written by Barrowman and his sister Carole, Arrow: The Dark Archer, is set between the third and fourth seasons of the TV series, but also reveals what Malcolm was up to before he became the Dark Archer, the nemesis to Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) early in the series. Twelve chapters will be released bi-weekly starting Wednesday, Jan. 13 (available via the DC Comics App, readdcentertainment.com, iBooks, comixology.com, Google Play, Kindle Store, Nook Store, and iVerse ComicsPlus). The entire story will later be collected in single print edition.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Written by Barrowman

I don't think a musical will translate well into comic book format.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Angry Walrus posted:

I don't think a musical will translate well into comic book format.

That's why it's digital.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Barrowman is getting paid to write fanfiction about the character he plays on TV based on a comicbook.

Living the dream.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I got an early review copy and I can't believe Malcolm Merlyn was the Face of Boe!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Whizbang posted:

I got an early review copy and I can't believe Malcolm Merlyn was the Face of Boe!

Legends of Tomorrow is actually the adventures of the 14th Doctor, Rory :vince:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WarLocke posted:

Legends of Tomorrow is actually the adventures of the 14th Doctor, Rory :vince:

Rory Williams is the Last Centurion, not the Doctor.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Rory Williams is the Last Centurion, not the Doctor.

gently caress it, Rory is awesome enough to be both. :colbert:

e: I should probably catch up with the Capaldi stuff. I saw the first couple episodes with him and kind of stopped watching, I'm not sure why.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because it's awful maybe.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Because it's awful maybe.

I managed to get through Tennant's run, I think I can handle Capaldi.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Capaldi's run has been great, Aphrodite as always can only achieve climax by being a contrarian about absolutely everything

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Clara is just insufferable. She's so obnoxiously sassy and twee all the time.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Phylodox posted:

Clara is just insufferable. She's so obnoxiously sassy and twee all the time.

Thankfully she has left the show!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Kesper North posted:

Thankfully she has left the show!

I told that to my wife, who's given up on Doctor Who because of Clara. Her response?

"Is she dead?"
"Kind of..."
"Not good enough."

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
We'll probably get something even worse next season. I'm pretty done with the show too, honestly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All of Doctor Who is awful.

All of British sci-fi is awful.

All of Britain is awful.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
But that dude hosed a pig!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
When Doctor Who is between seasons the hive-hate spills over into other threads.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

All of Britain is awful.

dont forget british "food"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Whizbang posted:

But that dude hosed a pig!

#boarghazi

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doctor Who has to be banned from threads because that's a thing you do to quality shows enjoyed by normal people, obviously.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Doctor Who has to be banned from threads because that's a thing you do to quality shows enjoyed by normal people, obviously.

this but unironically

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Aphrodite posted:

All of Britain is awful.

I'd say I completely agree, but Misfits is wonderful. gently caress Doctor Who and the rest, though.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Misfits was good in season one and two and the last season was alright. Plus whats-her-name yelling "why you gotta be such a oval office" at hitler was fun.

In arrow news, the info about the next crossover has me excited

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Clara became a bit better when she stopped being a plot point and became a character.

A little too late, but it was a nice effort.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Bad Moon posted:

#boarghazi

:golfclap:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Azubah posted:

Clara became a bit better when she stopped being a plot point and became a character.

A little too late, but it was a nice effort.

Moffat got too carried away with the idea of a "strong female protagonist" to the point where Clara is nonchalant and flippant in situations where it makes no sense for her to be. She ceases to be relatable as a character, which is terrible since she's the audience's main point of identification.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

But her whole story arc in season 9 was about how that was a Bad Thing that led to Bad Results

Also isn't this thread about Arrow? Theoretically?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Ville Valo posted:

I'd say I completely agree, but Misfits is wonderful. gently caress Doctor Who and the rest, though.

Black Mirror is amazing. That gets a pass, too.

Yeah, though, Doctor Who is unwatchable. The more Legends of Tomorrow has in common with it, the shittier it will become.

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM
I just watched some Supergirl, and it's really starting to annoy me how formulaic ths intro sequence voiceovers are for this, Arrow, and Supergirl.

"I'm [name], I [origin story or some poo poo], by day I [whatever], but for REALS, I [FIGHT CRIME {with organization}]. I AM...THE [superhero name]!

Arrow's is the worst though. I had to SAVE THIS CITY, so I BECAME SOMEONE ELSE. SOME...THING ELSE. But that DIDN'T WORK, so I had to become...ANOTHER SOMETHING ELSE for a few seasons. Then...I tried...SOMETHING ELSE. And then I RETIRED. But then I had to become...SOMEONE ELSE ENTIRELY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Nate Falls posted:

I just watched some Supergirl, and it's really starting to annoy me how formulaic ths intro sequence voiceovers are for this, Arrow, and Supergirl.

"I'm [name], I [origin story or some poo poo], by day I [whatever], but for REALS, I [FIGHT CRIME {with organization}]. I AM...THE [superhero name]!

Arrow's is the worst though. I had to SAVE THIS CITY, so I BECAME SOMEONE ELSE. SOME...THING ELSE. But that DIDN'T WORK, so I had to become...ANOTHER SOMETHING ELSE for a few seasons. Then...I tried...SOMETHING ELSE. And then I RETIRED. But then I had to become...SOMEONE ELSE ENTIRELY

Counterpoint: The Lego Arrow intro :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-1WrF1v7uQ

• Locked thread