Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The ranks haven't seemed quite as rocky for me in the past few days. I think a most of the smurfs have gone back to their mains or I just got unbelievably lucky for like two straight weeks.

Oh yeah, each time I log in the game thanks me for positively identifying and reporting players that were hacking. It's happened like 10+ times in a row now. Will it keep doing it for each player I positively identified or is it designed to give me the message for a specific period of time? I'm only curious because I wonder how many people I played with were walling/botting. The third or fourth time I die through smoke or to a jumping AK/AWP I usually just report out of posterity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
What about to a jumping p90? :ninja:

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I went from dmg to mg2 in my first loss, so it won't be that bad. Largemargin has lost countless games with me since the rank shift but is still Eagle for no loving reason (wanker) x

I have finally been demoted to DMG like some kind of sub-100 hour scum after 6 straight wins and a loss. Cool system.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

how do people play without a pinky rest?

pic: http://i.imgur.com/K67pfd0.jpg

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Same only thumb rest since I have proportionate fingers.

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

Smol posted:

From FetalDave to swag. Varies a lot, from what I've seen.

:(

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Smithereens posted:

I am now painfully aware that the tip of my pinky drags across the surface of my mousepad.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Kazinsal posted:

I am now painfully aware that the tip of my pinky drags across the surface of my mousepad.

It's really the only way to game. Claw grip 4 lyfe

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I use my pinky as an anchor for extra finesse whenever I'm jump scouting you guys.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Smithereens posted:

that thing is real small and you have to have real small fingers but a big hand to use it. so stupid

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015

Smithereens posted:

I cut my pinky off when I started gaming. Just one of the sacrifices youv'e gotta make.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I was LEM before the rank shift and can confirm I'm still LEM after the rank shift. So sorry noobs.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I deranked all the way from DMG to GN4 and dropped 42 in my last game. Thanks!!!

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

harrygomm posted:

that thing is real small and you have to have real small fingers but a big hand to use it. so stupid
not really
http://imgur.com/a/4spMK

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Geschwafel posted:

I have finally been demoted to DMG like some kind of sub-100 hour scum after 6 straight wins and a loss. Cool system.

when everyone gets deranked noone does!!! the people you used to play at your previous rank are incredibly likely to be dmg too!!! IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE YOUR SKILL NUMBER HASNT CHANGED YOURE FACING THE SAME SKILL OF PLAYERRRSS ITS JUST A DIFFERENT PICTURAAAHGHDFUSGHSDFJGDFH!!!

Carrier
May 12, 2009

ArfJason posted:

when everyone gets deranked noone does!!! the people you used to play at your previous rank are incredibly likely to be dmg too!!! IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE YOUR SKILL NUMBER HASNT CHANGED YOURE FACING THE SAME SKILL OF PLAYERRRSS ITS JUST A DIFFERENT PICTURAAAHGHDFUSGHSDFJGDFH!!!

Actually I'm very good

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ArfJason posted:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
My sens is 2.0 so

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.

ArfJason posted:

tell this to my 10 alt accounts bruh okay look im just smurfing backwards

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
My smurf and main are the same rank now :(

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

My smurf and main are the same rank silly name now :(

Your rank is numeric and hidden and somewhere along a bell curve where the average skill trends toward the middle of the curve. All the update is doing is moving the set of silly names and badges forward so the average player is around GN1 instead of up in what's supposed to be the elite ranks. So if your number used to give you an LEM silly picture, once you start playing games and it checks to update your rank it's now going to want to give you something lower, because what used to be LEM is now lower on the curve.

The number isn't changing, or at least it's not changing as much as your silly picture is.

Mister Bup fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 7, 2016

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I've played three comp games, won two and lost the 3rd because two guys were trolling and throwing and I got kicked from it on the last round because I didn't know it auto kicked if you dome someone right at round spawn.

Probably gonna end up global tbqh

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

f a deathadder/zowie ec1 sized mouse is too small for you, that thing, noted as a good mouse for people with big hands across many forums, is still too small for you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You should have told me about your special needs pinky

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Yay, the first good pro matches of the year start today. Can't wait to see some high level CS again!

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Mister Bup posted:

Your rank is numeric and hidden and somewhere along a bell curve where the average skill trends toward the middle of the curve. All the update is doing is moving the set of silly names and badges forward so the average player is around GN1 instead of up in what's supposed to be the elite ranks. So if your number used to give you an LEM silly picture, once you start playing games and it checks to update your rank it's now going to want to give you something lower, because what used to be LEM is now lower on the curve.

The number isn't changing, or at least it's not changing as much as your silly picture is.

Basically as the general player base got better at the game and more noobs joined to get rekt, it resulted in loads of peeps making it to the higher ranks and anyone with any kind of skill whatsoever ended up getting into at least the AKs. Before the rank shift I was seeing MG1/MG2 players staring at the floor, not aiming near corners, doing the worst buys imaginable. Now those scrubs are back down in the mid novas where they belong, and people who 'kinda knew what was going on' (DMG, maybe shittier LEs) ended up in the MGs, which is where players who 'kinda know what is going on' should be,

I hope you have learnt a lot from this informative and well written post. I accept gratuity in the form of skins :laffo: no I don't, unless it's a kitty p90

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Smol posted:

Yay, the first good pro matches of the year start today. Can't wait to see some high level CS again!

Where do I find / watch these?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

My smurf and main are the same rank now :(

ArfJason posted:

i call this one "my alt is ranked higher than my main"

:(

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Smol posted:

high level CS...

...is an oxymoron.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Mister Bup posted:

Ty in phobe three weeks so i cant go in depth but brianlev confirmed this

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

fyallm posted:

Where do I find / watch these?

hltv.org is your go-to.

If you wanna gamble skins you can go to csgolounge.com and pro games are all listed on the front page.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

ArfJason posted:

Ty in phobe three weeks so i cant go in depth but brianlev confirmed this

what you say

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

...is an oxymoron.

Try watching something else than your personal demos mate.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

No my comment was meant to indicate that all CS, even 'pro' games is lovely, because CS is a lovely game. There was no mention of me watching my games back, not sure where you got that from?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Antares posted:

what you say

typo'd phone (was in phone at that moment) and i meant to say one week instead of three

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Smithereens posted:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

No my comment was meant to indicate that all CS, even 'pro' games is lovely, because CS is a lovely game. There was no mention of me watching my games back, not sure where you got that from?

hilarious

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

The real question is whether slurps' mouse has a pinky rest.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I miss my naos a lot, I shoulda got another one instead of this lovely deathadder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
my naos makes a nice meaty sound when i hurl it across the room so im very satisfyed with my purchase.

• Locked thread