Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"Mmmm that manly man who runs Russi....North Korea really showed Obama up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

D.N. Nation posted:

"Mmmm that manly man who runs Russi....North Korea really showed Obama up."

Yeah. Everything would be so much better, if Obama was more like him. Vote Trump.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

gradenko_2000 posted:

North Korea's weapons technology is mired in the 1950s. A Good Ca-loving seriously Ramirez you drew a literal vacuum tube on a caricature of the Fat Man bomb from 1945.

Actually it looks like he drew Little Boy but disproportionally. Little Boy had those things sticking out and a blunt front, Fat Man had a smooth casing and a rounded front.

Either way, both of those were fission bombs and not hydrogen bombs Ramirez you retarded motherfucker.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
To be generous with Hackirez, it's very likely that the Nork bomb was a Little Boy-style fission bomb with was just labeled "hydrogen bomb" to provide Dear Leader Kim with the illusion that his penis is bigger than it actually is.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

T-man posted:

THe art is horrible, and the message is a Glenn McCoy level of stupid, but I like the visual of the government having a machinegun-rocket-giant-bullet-drone gun. In the hands of a real cartoonist it'd be pretty neat to see it as a representation of our stupidly overblown war budget.

It's light. Handle's adjustable for easy carrying, good for righties and lefties. Breaks down into four parts, undetectable by x-ray, ideal for quick, discreet interventions. A word on firepower. Titanium recharger, three thousand round clip with bursts of three to three hundred, and with the Replay button - another Zorg invention - it's even easier.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

1 I say, this uppity gentleman thinks that you can actually amend an amendment? Pshaw!
2 Pretend I just reposted that Bors from like 3 years ago
3 Guest writer: Tom Tomorrow

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

colonel_korn posted:

1 I say, this uppity gentleman thinks that you can actually amend an amendment? Pshaw!

It would offend the Founding Fathers, good sir, if you were to suggest to them that their perfect and final Constitution needed to be amended in any way!

...wait, something seemed off about my word choice there. Not "amended". Changed in any way. Let's go with that.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
afaik basically nobody who made the constitution was all that happy about it

less "we shed blood for this perfect document", more "gently caress this committee"

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

It would offend the Founding Fathers, good sir, if you were to suggest to them that their perfect and final Constitution needed to be amended in any way!

...wait, something seemed off about my word choice there. Not "amended". Changed in any way. Let's go with that.

It happened before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-wl7lEv-yU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Tiler Kiwi posted:

less "we shed blood for this perfect document", more "gently caress this committee"

There was a whole bunch of compromises where neither side was happy about it, yeah.

I like the idea that they just put in rules for how to change it later so they could all go home. Probably not exactly how it happened but hey :v:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Tiler Kiwi posted:

The obsession with glorifying the founding of the country always confused me so much. It's like people got so hopped up on the ridiculous oversimplifications shown to them as six-year-olds that they all but worship the founders without really knowing anything about them. As if these were divine decrees rather than just old government documents with all the pointless bickering that implies.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Even the movie 1776, which was a rara America patriotic bicentennial piece, showed how imperfect and contentious everything was at the founding of the country. Surely everyone has watched Mr. Feeny sing about how much compromise there was?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

As always, the persecution complex is so large it's visible from orbit

jesus christ cry me some more tears over how hard it is to get a gun in US you dumbshit fucker

also that hand sucks

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

It would also offend the Founding Fathers if a Mulatto would ever access to such allowed function as President of the United States, but what can we do?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

colonel_korn posted:

Does this guy even know what the word amendment means? :psyboom: Would he rather the right to keep and bear arms not exist at all???

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Angry old Jewish man yells at cloud:

quote:

The old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" does not seem to apply in our digital age.
It seems like every time that I "update" one of my phone apps it becomes worse, instead of better.
So now they're going to "fix" or "upgrade" Twitter??

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

loquacius posted:

Was Varvel also responsible for the "Hey Mr. Edison, some clown from the government has a funny looking bulb he says is better than yours" cartoon?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Stultus Maximus posted:

Was Varvel also responsible for the "Hey Mr. Edison, some clown from the government has a funny looking bulb he says is better than yours" cartoon?

I think that was Bish.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

All you have to do is add the fact that the clown from the government is also from the year 200x, and even an rear end in a top hat like Edison would say "oh, makes sense, he's probably right... can I see it?"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Shugojin posted:

I think that was Bish.

You're right.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

2 :boom:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Luckovich's cat drawing game is extremely strong.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
"Well... that's awful, but lucky for you we're in Arizona so I can't actually stop you."

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

This is literally how the Bill of Rights was written, agc

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Change the last sign to "school" and I think it's pretty accurate.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Does anyone have the cartoon with the driver cutting people off and saying "I get to go!"? I don't really have more info than that.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

Please explain to the class, constitutional expert Gary Varvel, how Obama is "adjusting" the 2nd Amendment. "He sucks" and "I don't like him" are not valid arguments.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

I know this is just going to be redundant after everyone else has said their peace, but accidental shootings happen all the loving time at gun shows, which is part of why we have Gun Free Zones in public places.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

American Hero Chris Kyle didn't even make it past step 2, how embarrassing.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Yeah I don't get the shrieking about second amendment rights infringement with the new executive orders. Nobody is having their guns taken away, and the only people having access to arms restricted are people that cannot pass a background check, who probably shouldn't have unfettered access to guns in the first place.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Stultus Maximus posted:

And I thought he did this:

but it turns out to be Steve Breen.

I could have sworn they were all from the same pen due to the similarly smugtastic yet so easily refutable punchlines. "Yes ma'm, please introduce me to this man who apparently supports my decision to not stand, because otherwise risking his life for it would have been very, very stupid. Not that I really understand how him getting wounded at Grenada or wherever helps my rights, but I guess I'm glad he did it anyway."

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Fearless posted:

Yeah I don't get the shrieking about second amendment rights infringement with the new executive orders. Nobody is having their guns taken away, and the only people having access to arms restricted are people that cannot pass a background check, who probably shouldn't have unfettered access to guns in the first place.
Same. It sounds...reasonable, except for the fact that it can't be passed in a proper way because of gun lobbies and racism.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

zoux posted:

Luckovich's cat drawing game is extremely strong.

He probably draw it first then figured he had to add something topical to get it published.

The happiest spree killer.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

To his, uh, credit, Varvel had some awfully smug ones when he was convinced that Romney was going to win in 2012:

This is literally debate fan fiction

But Romney didn't win, because we Didn't Listen:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Trogdos! posted:

Angry old Jewish man yells at cloud:

He's not wrong in this case.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

D.N. Nation posted:

This is literally debate fan fiction
I paid $1.99 and 9/10 cents for gas just five days ago! Thanks Obama. The president is 100% responsible for that, right? Varvel said so!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Ugh, throw all the idiotic political arguments at me you want, but nothing makes me more irrationally angry than people using :derp: gas prices :derp: as a political football, or pretending that they have anything to do with the president of the united states.

alnilam fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 7, 2016

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So these people who think the most milquetoast gun restrictions are tyranny, are they just as mad about say libel laws that are a restriction on their first amendment rights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

alnilam posted:

Ugh, throw all the idiotic political arguments at me you want, but nothing makes me more irrationally angry than people using :derp: gas prices :derp: as a political football, or pretending that they have anything to do with the president of the united states.

It's one of the levers on the President's desk.

• Locked thread