Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Boco_T posted:

The YAMMA Pit isn't exactly back but we do have this now:

Oh no, that looks terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Boco_T posted:

The Circled Square?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Boco_T posted:

oh my god are there gifs?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Herr Tog posted:

oh my god are there gifs?
I've watched 5 of the 8 fights on the show and there's nothing to really highlight, the fights are real bad and there hasn't even been a knockdown yet.

The main thing is they can do a takedown for some sort of imaginary "points" but none of the fights have been close and there have only been like 2 or 3 takedowns in the 5 fights I saw.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Glad to see Don Flamingo is still getting fights.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Why isn't that circle made of lighttubes?

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Boco_T posted:

So I don't follow MMA, nor do I know anything about the strategy of it. How does a circular ring change the fights/make them more dumb or dangerous?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
it's actually kickboxing rules, it's supposed to be "no corners to hide in" according to commentary but aren't people getting trapped in the corner a place where a lot of fights end?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Boco_T posted:

it's actually kickboxing rules, it's supposed to be "no corners to hide in" according to commentary but aren't people getting trapped in the corner a place where a lot of fights end?

in kickboxing, being against the ropes and the other guy teeing off on you without response is a good way to go down to a TKO loss. Most of the high level guys stay out of the corners on instinct.

here's a pic of Peter Aerts, one of the few dutch guys involved in kickboxing that hasn't been accused of aiding and abetting organized crime:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

New skin for Liu Kang in MKX?

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Dear New Japan: I want some more Shibata merch. Just him kicking dudes in the face on a tee would be enough

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Boco_T posted:

I've watched 5 of the 8 fights on the show and there's nothing to really highlight, the fights are real bad and there hasn't even been a knockdown yet.

The main thing is they can do a takedown for some sort of imaginary "points" but none of the fights have been close and there have only been like 2 or 3 takedowns in the 5 fights I saw.

I kind of want to see this now. Legal streaming?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

New skin for Liu Kang in MKX?

No thats this

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I was in Atlanta this weekend. I made time to go to lunch somewhere special. The result was tragic.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

joshtothemaxx posted:

I was in Atlanta this weekend. I made time to go to lunch somewhere special. The result was tragic.

I'm sorry your attempts to get Hep C were cut short.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Dear WWE, sign the Brahmans. Sincerely, super macho dude.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

super macho dude posted:

Dear WWE, sign the Brahmans. Sincerely, super macho dude.

The Brahmans are pretty good considering they're like Liger old. Great Sasuke tried to chuck one of them onto the freeway.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

coconono posted:

The Brahmans are pretty good considering they're like Liger old. Great Sasuke tried to chuck one of them onto the freeway.

They're only 38, which is unexpected!

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

joshtothemaxx posted:

Your image appears to be broken, but I'm just going to assume you're talking about Abdullah's place. lol nevermind it works now

Even by the standards of crappy hole in the wall hot wings and greasy not-Chinese places, the food at Abby's House of Ribs is a real bummer. Neat decor though, tons of old wrestling photos and memorabilia on the walls, at least when I went a few years back.

Horns fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jan 10, 2016

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Shame imo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

So Inoki's always been nuts?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
hes just good at marketing himself

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Those stains on Bob Gibson's shirt.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thauros posted:

Shame imo

...did.... did they find the Loch Ness Monster?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

...did.... did they find the Loch Ness Monster?

Inoki didn't, but WCW had it under contract in 1996.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Germansimp posted:

Inoki didn't, but WCW had it under contract in 1996.

When it came out, the title graphic read,"Count Dracula."

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

super macho dude posted:

Those stains on Bob Gibson's shirt.

I will never, ever understand why girls supposedly loved these guys and screamed for them.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

fart blood posted:

I will never, ever understand why girls supposedly loved these guys and screamed for them.

The 80's were a strange and disturbing time

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

fart blood posted:

Weren't they either in the South, or small towns?

And as Jericho and Lance Storm said, they weren't the most appealing of women in the first place?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Wazzu posted:

Weren't they either in the South, or small towns?

And as Jericho and Lance Storm said, they weren't the most appealing of women in the first place?

Oh I'm certain the women were genetic disasters, but even genetic disasters should know what good looking is. It's not like they should think "well I look like Corky from Life Goes On got a sex change, I should cheer for these Muppets with lazy eyes and sweat bands on their ankles!" Look at the women they show in the crowd during Four Horsemen vignettes. They all looked like every Walmart shopper in Mississippi ever, but they still knew enough that Ric Flair was a decent looking guy in those days.

I mean, I'm not exactly Brad Pitt naked covered in baby oil on all fours purring at you, but I'm still gonna think Eva Marie is hot even though her ring work is bad.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

fart blood posted:

Considering who they needed to wrestle against in mid 80s era NWA. Compared to Arn Anderson, they were gorgeous.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

TL posted:

Considering who they needed to wrestle against in mid 80s era NWA. Compared to Arn Anderson, they were gorgeous.

Arn was very rugged :colbert:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

TL posted:

what the hell

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

fart blood posted:

There's no "supposedly" about it - watch any RNR match from the 1980s (including their Mid-South days) and you can barely hear anything over the girls screaming for them.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

TL posted:

i hope your spine gets busted

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TL posted:

Compared to Arn Anderson

...we all fall short? Yes, I assume that's how your sentence ended, and won't bother to waste time confirming this as how else could it have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jerusalem posted:

...we all fall short? Yes, I assume that's how your sentence ended, and won't bother to waste time confirming this as how else could it have.

Yeah, Arn wasn't an ugly guy by any means. Prematurely grizzled, sure, but not ugly.