Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Did you find the floating random flamethrower? adds to the feel imo.

Markers the devs left in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

"Cole slaw. This is GOON spoor. Be ready!"

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

people keep trapping cletus

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jan 7, 2016

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Dreggon posted:

people keep trapping cletus

Well they wouldn't have to if they built a PROPER prison.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

ApeHawk posted:

Well they wouldn't have to if they built a PROPER prison.

What, like banishing him to a far off continent or something?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

whydirt posted:

What, like banishing him to a far off continent or something?

They tried that and then Cletus happened.

A vicious cycle.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The "This is the whole enchilada of what we're doing to WvW" thing is supposed to be the 13th right?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Orv posted:

The "This is the whole enchilada of what we're doing to WvW" thing is supposed to be the 13th right?

I'm back to playing after a few years not doing so, and I've tried to go out into the WvW areas a few times and it seems pretty underwhelming, even as a person who's always been into MMO PVP.

My typical WvW experience after 3 or 4 tries in the last few weeks is I spend ten minutes walking across the map and then get flanked by thirty guys and die and have to weigh my options if I want to walk another ten minutes. The most people I've seen is maybe ten or fifteen of my own faction laying siege to a small base that was undefended. That's the net extent of the fun I've gotten out of about ninety minutes of investment.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Libertine posted:

I'm back to playing after a few years not doing so, and I've tried to go out into the WvW areas a few times and it seems pretty underwhelming, even as a person who's always been into MMO PVP.

My typical WvW experience after 3 or 4 tries in the last few weeks is I spend ten minutes walking across the map and then get flanked by thirty guys and die and have to weigh my options if I want to walk another ten minutes. The most people I've seen is maybe ten or fifteen of my own faction laying siege to a small base that was undefended. That's the net extent of the fun I've gotten out of about ninety minutes of investment.

In my (very limited because I find it very boring) experience, you either roam around by yourself looking to engage other roamers in honorable duels, or find a zerg & smash your face against walls/doors/other zergs. So yea, welcome to WvW!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
WvW Heavily died off during the holiday season from what I've seen, usually around primetime could get some zerg vs zerg action, lately I just go to WvW to do a couple fast dailies like soloing supply camps for exp chests.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Libertine posted:

Rolling with SFD on non-WvW Wednesday nights was a lot of fun, but my understanding was around HoT release WvW participation on all servers dropped like a rock, so that's why I'm hopeful for the announcement because it's really all I care about.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Orv posted:

Rolling with SFD on non-WvW Wednesday nights was a lot of fun, but my understanding was around HoT release WvW participation on all servers dropped like a rock, so that's why I'm hopeful for the announcement because it's really all I care about.

They had to, because all the fun WvW stuff was locked behind PvE progression, followed by Halloween and Christmas events.

On Tier 3 we're finally starting to get the fun stuff: +10 supply :gizz:, The SMC Airship, Banner on Banner fights (and associated salt whining about them). Too bad the other T3 servers have given up on PPT, but we're having a blast as we are getting closer to WvW as it was intended in the new design.

The Open waypoint bug is also incredible and terrible simultaneously, as you can call in reinforcements on the fly to smash the enemy on the Keep Lord. Someday when it's fixed groups will actually have to plan and manage this ability and should add another interesting dimension to offence and defence.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Add Zushun to your friends list if you want organized WvW. Been running around with him for ten days now, it's really fun. One or two GOON and SDF are part of the group as well usually.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Xushin is Maguuma's dad, and yeah SFD usually flocks to him for non-WvWednesday WvW sessions. Highly recommended A+++

Orv
May 4, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

Banner on Banner fights (and associated salt whining about them).

:frogon:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Xushin is Maguuma's dad, and yeah SFD usually flocks to him for non-WvWednesday WvW sessions. Highly recommended A+++

Congratulations! When was the ceremony?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

UchihaHirou posted:

Congratulations! When was the ceremony?

They're plenty of arus to go around :wink:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Complaints of the Turtle/Dragon banners are beginning to mount, lots of "why put this PvE poo poo here, ur ruining our WvW!" type stuff, very little investigation into countering them.

Sounds like something SFD/GOON would do: organize a Banner night and just torch the hell out of zergs and fight guilds.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CLAM DOWN posted:

um, wow, i pretty much only flocked to cletus who was flocking to xushin

get your facts straight!!!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

um, wow, i pretty much only flocked to cletus who was flocking to xushin

get your facts straight!!!

Well I mean, when The Bee Man Of SFD isn't on!!!

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Well I mean, when The Bee Man Of SFD isn't on!!!

why would i even play the game without him logged on

Orv
May 4, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

Complaints of the Turtle/Dragon banners are beginning to mount, lots of "why put this PvE poo poo here, ur ruining our WvW!" type stuff, very little investigation into countering them.

Sounds like something SFD/GOON would do: organize a Banner night and just torch the hell out of zergs and fight guilds.

That's weird. WvW is fun and taking the fights semi-seriously is a good time if you can brush off getting overzerged, but taking it that seriously is just asking for pain.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

You're probably talking about "grab the turtle banner!=!?" or something, haven't figured that one out yet.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Kenshin posted:

why would i even play the game without him logged on

Is it possible to play the game without him logged on??

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The dragon banner absolutely owns, I used it once in the dredge tunnel in EBG and basically wiped an entire zerg.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

no

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
What are banners and what do they do?

(I'm looking at the wiki and only seeing the Warrior skills)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Magres posted:

What are banners and what do they do?

(I'm looking at the wiki and only seeing the Warrior skills)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Banner is the one I was talking about. The #5 skill is a massive gently caress off aoe that will wreck any enclosed space. You also get a breakbar!

Turtle banner is the defensive equivalent.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

banners are a really cool idea for wvw and honestly i hope this wvw rework goes well

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Banner is the one I was talking about. The #5 skill is a massive gently caress off aoe that will wreck any enclosed space. You also get a breakbar!

Turtle banner is the defensive equivalent.

Awesome, thank you!

Turtle banner is the best just for the bad shell puns

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 7, 2016

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Did the last level 30 personal story mission on my sylvari herald, where you get to equip and use the terrible fabled sword Caladbolg, only all my utility skills were removed, whether I got the sword with either Glint or Jalis. I have fond memories of trivialising that step back in launch on my engi with kits and my necro with minions, is this a recent change or are revenant players just so good they don't need to be coddled

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Nope, there's a few skills you can put on auto cast which will NEVER make you dc for inactivity (elite snow leopard). That's why when I alt tab back in ive been trapped in a loving prison for 12 hours.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
There's like 3 active commanders on Maguuma atm. Bee Man of SFD, Xushin and Sulla.

The big announcement is indeed on the 13th.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the wvw changes might get me more interested again if they're good. my lack of playing recently has little to do with heart of thorns and more to do with me being weird about getting around to playing things occasionally.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Visidan posted:

Nope, there's a few skills you can put on auto cast which will NEVER make you dc for inactivity (elite snow leopard). That's why when I alt tab back in ive been trapped in a loving prison for 12 hours.

Ingame, type "/age" and press enter, then take a picture of the output and post it on here please. Thanks

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

On the other hand Cletus is almost always online so the issue is not really one.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yes that was my joke thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DonVincenzo posted:

On the other hand Cletus is almost always online so the issue is not really one.

if I log on and don't see Cletus in the guild hall repeatedly changing into a furry, I get deeply concerned

• Locked thread