Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

You just know they never have and never will see it and are only opposed as its spelt 'da' not 'the'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Yes, peroxide bleaches things via a well known radical group.

You are a beautiful person.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

baka kaba posted:

You can sort of see his point though, poo poo as everyone's attitudes are towards non-EU immigrants there is an agreement and a common status among EU citizens. Cameron's been having a right laugh demonising people for daring to have the nerve to exercise their right to travel to the UK and live here, like what UK citizens also do in Europe. I'm not surprised Hungary's trying to make a distinction, because there is one, as much as Cameron cries himself to sleep wishing there wasn't

I get the point that we shouldn't demonise EU members for exercising the rights we're all about to lose as Schengen collapses, but anyone pulling the "we aren't migrants, we're expats" poo poo needs to be against a wall. British or Hungarian it doesn't matter. When we've successfully poisoned a well so much that we now are discussing redefining words that have a commonly accepted meaning, it's just loving lazy and xenophobic. It reeks of exceptionalism.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

JFairfax posted:

thanks, yeah, it's not just them evil muslims who want to ban cultural works.

e/ loving LOL at the dick and dom in da bungalow poo poo
Tories have long been hypocrites about anyone other than themselves being able to enjoy dick and dom.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
People Idiots also hate Diane Abbott because she correctly said that "white people love playing divide and rule". Cue the predictable bleatings about 'reverse racism' etc etc.

e:

Guavanaut posted:

Tories have long been hypocrites about anyone other than themselves being able to enjoy dick and dom.

:golfclap:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Im cold and my train is delayed by 18 minutes. It's dark. And there are wolves after me.

Broken Britain.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

why i dislike Dianne Abbott

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oberleutnant posted:

Broken Britain.

I like how Cameron campaigned on this in 2010 and then proceeded to break Britain worse.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oberleutnant posted:

Im cold and my train is delayed by 18 minutes. It's dark. And there are wolves after me.

Broken Britain.

Is that not how life is supposed to work here?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Spangly A posted:

I get the point that we shouldn't demonise EU members for exercising the rights we're all about to lose as Schengen collapses, but anyone pulling the "we aren't migrants, we're expats" poo poo needs to be against a wall. British or Hungarian it doesn't matter. When we've successfully poisoned a well so much that we now are discussing redefining words that have a commonly accepted meaning, it's just loving lazy and xenophobic. It reeks of exceptionalism.

But EU countries are exceptional, that's what I mean. The right wing are trying to redefine all immigrants as equally worthy of being here (i.e. not at all) and erode the different considerations that exist. It's trying to paint people as a faceless mass, all out to bleed the country dry by exploiting our generosity and hospitality, so nobody thinks about things like 'these people are fleeing a warzone and are existing in desperate poverty', or 'these are motivated people who make a great contribution to this country', or 'we're a party to a multilateral agreement and these people literally have a right to be here'. Because that makes immigration and all the poo poo surrounding it a lot more nuanced and harder to make sweeping pronouncements about how everybody should gently caress off

Yeah the whole 'this is a word for bad people now, don't call us this' thing is reprehensible and stupid but you can see why he's saying it to Cameron

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Saying "I suppose, that some people would judge on balance Mao did more good than harm" isn't the same as endorsing Mao. She doesn't even say that she thinks that.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Is it tintower who took a poo poo on a train station platform? Cause high five buddy i'm about to take a piss on this one cause it's an awful rural station with no loo and the nearest outpost of civilisation is a kilometer away.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
tintower took a poo poo on twitter I think

seaside loafer shat on the platform

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I think she's not as persuasive and overall competent as other politicians, but that's not a particularly huge deal. No politician is perfect so let's not kid ourselves into thinking that the level of opprobrium and ridicule directed at Diane Abbott isn't because she's a black woman

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
That's Seaside Loafer, Tintower is the one who called a columnist a coconut

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Is that not how life is supposed to work here?
Sure if you live in the north maybe, but i live in the south, the very cradle of civilisation. It's unthinkable!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

That's Seaside Loafer, Tintower is the one who called a columnist a coconut

Yikes! *tugs collar*

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Oberleutnant posted:

Yikes! *tugs collar*

If it helps taking a piss in a train station is just as classy.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
piss on the third rail

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
if it's overhead electric I'll be impressed if you can reach that cable!!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
There's a bit of waste ground on the opposite side of the platform where bunnies frolick among the weeds and discarded crisp packets and beer bottles. I pissed there.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Fans posted:

If it helps taking a piss in a train station is just as classy.

As calling a black person a coconut? I may be uncouth but i'm not a loving racist, thanks.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

J_RBG posted:

I think she's not as persuasive and overall competent as other politicians, but that's not a particularly huge deal. No politician is perfect so let's not kid ourselves into thinking that the level of opprobrium and ridicule directed at Diane Abbott isn't because she's a black woman

I'll take benign incompetence over competent evil any loving day.

Competent evil like, say, Jeremy Hunt.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

JFairfax posted:

if it's overhead electric I'll be impressed if you can reach that cable!!

In my younger days I could have managed it. These days not so much.

Getting older has its downsides.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Oberleutnant posted:

There's a bit of waste ground on the opposite side of the platform where bunnies frolick among the weeds and discarded crisp packets and beer bottles. I pissed there.

did you pette teh bunneh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

baka kaba posted:

did you pette teh bunneh

Do not pette where you pisse

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
This "Ober has a piss" live-blog is way better than the Corbyn reshuffle one.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Shut up you Tory loving oval office.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Oberleutnant posted:

As calling a black person a coconut? I may be uncouth but i'm not a loving racist, thanks.

You're right I was completely out of line there. I fully support your casual piss in a train station.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

baka kaba posted:

did you pette teh bunneh

No bunnies were petted, but i did throw some fragments of an oat and raisin cookie that i had for them.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Fans posted:

You're right I was completely out of line there. I fully support your casual piss in a train station.
This kind of mixup would never have happened under British Railways.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Oberleutnant posted:

No bunnies were petted, but i did throw some fragments of an oat and raisin cookie that i had for them.

You're just encouraging bunnies to hang around giant metal death engines for food now. I don't think I can support a potential bunny murderer. This is a real rollercoaster of opinion you've got me on here Oberleutnant.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

thespaceinvader posted:

Am I the only one who saw (the BBC's version of) this article and thought 'I don't know what cocktail Osborne's been taking, but it's sure as poo poo not 'threats to the economy''.

I don't know. One part upper class entitlement, one part cocaine - next thing you know you're standing up telling the entire room how you'd fix the economy if you were in charge. In Osborne's case the room just happens to be the Commons chamber.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Dead Goon posted:

Shut up you Tory loving oval office.

Outside of photo ops, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Cameron where he didn't look like he was laughing at a poor person just out of shot.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jedit posted:

I don't know. One part upper class entitlement, one part cocaine - next thing you know you're standing up telling the entire room how you'd fix the economy if you were in charge. In Osborne's case the room just happens to be the Commons chamber.

I think it's several hundred parts cocaine, and that isn't a reflection on the size of his sense of entitlement.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Outside of photo ops, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Cameron where he didn't look like he was laughing at a poor person just out of shot.

The look of pure unadulterated hatred on Orban's face makes my heart skip a beat!

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

People Idiots also hate Diane Abbott because she correctly said that "white people love playing divide and rule". Cue the predictable bleatings about 'reverse racism' etc etc.

e:

:golfclap:

Did Alistair Hulett ever get called a reverse racist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSYPecZI_AI

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

This kind of mixup would never have happened under British Railways.

I was commuting to work before xmas and my connecting train was about 10mins late (as usual). They change drivers at this station, so the new driver was hanging around waiting and chatting to a waiting passenger who was gently suggesting that renationalisation would be good; but the driver wasn't having it.
He literally said at one point that because nationalisation guarantees people's jobs the staff stop caring and service gets worse.
This was a driver for Southern (one of the least reliable and most-complained-about rail franchises if I'm not mistaken) telling a passenger these words while waiting around for a delayed train. The :ironicat: was apparently lost on him.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Coohoolin posted:

Did Alistair Hulett ever get called a reverse racist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSYPecZI_AI

I have literally no idea :iiam:

By the way I enjoyed your songs, thank you for sharing them! One small request, please use a metronome/click-track so that making 'hilarious' wubwub remixes isn't such a pain in the hole.

No but seriously, they were good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Oberleutnant posted:

I was commuting to work before xmas and my connecting train was about 10mins late (as usual). They change drivers at this station, so the new driver was hanging around waiting and chatting to a waiting passenger who was gently suggesting that renationalisation would be good; but the driver wasn't having it.
He literally said at one point that because nationalisation guarantees people's jobs the staff stop caring and service gets worse.
This was a driver for Southern (one of the least reliable and most-complained-about rail franchises if I'm not mistaken) telling a passenger these words while waiting around for a delayed train. The :ironicat: was apparently lost on him.

Yep Southern routinely top the list of terrible customer care, service and punctuality. I believe they were almost singlehandedly behind the governments new law that says you have to be refunded for a delayed/cancelled service in cash now and not vouchers.

• Locked thread