Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

I don't mean to be a dick but come on man. Do you live in a food desert or something? Are you having a hard time learning to cook?

I can't see any reason to use these services other than the above -- not only are you paying 150% to 200% (vs. grocery stores) for someone to chop your veggies and then mail them to you, you are also losing out on the hard-earned lessons that come with learning kitchen prep the hard way. I also don't buy the "saves me time" argument.

Anyway, excuse me. I do hope the pulled pork cubes come out great and so forth. I never really understood those types of services (or heard the "sous service" label).

Yeah but you are being a dick. I can cook just fine and have for years. I just moved to an area with a shitload of different ways to get food and decided to try this out. The reasoning behind this was me returning from vacation on New Year's Eve and wanting food in the freezer ready to go until the 2nd. Believe it or not trying to grocery shop in the bay area is a bitch with traffic and I don't always feel like dealing with it after work.

Suck my dick from the back. I cook from scratch just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Peapod available in your area?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Yeah but you are being a dick. I can cook just fine and have for years. I just moved to an area with a shitload of different ways to get food and decided to try this out. The reasoning behind this was me returning from vacation on New Year's Eve and wanting food in the freezer ready to go until the 2nd. Believe it or not trying to grocery shop in the bay area is a bitch with traffic and I don't always feel like dealing with it after work.

o-kay

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'm going to make beef stew tomorrow. Will make an appropriate post.

i'm doing the same thing. cept with chicken. so not really the same thing.

also i will most likely not take pictures

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Make this:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dave-lieberman/beer-braised-bbq-pork-butt-recipe.html

It's really loving good and super easy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Believe it or not trying to grocery shop in the bay area is a bitch with traffic and I don't always feel like dealing with it after work.

You must be very picky about your grocery store. Ranch 99 does have the best fish selection at reasonable prices in the bay area. Got whole fresh canadian YellowTail Rockfish at $2.99 a pound last weekend. Good stuff.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

You must be very picky about your grocery store. Ranch 99 does have the best fish selection at reasonable prices in the bay area. Got whole fresh canadian YellowTail Rockfish at $2.99 a pound last weekend. Good stuff.

Nearest Safeway. Traffic gets molasses slow.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Why don't we have a cooking thread?

Edit: Or a cookbook with dick pictures or something.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Godholio posted:

One Million and One Ways to Eat a Dick

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Funny you should say that. A Scot working in Kyrgyzstan got himself in trouble recently by joking that Chukchuk was horsedick.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Godholio posted:

???

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just the tip of a spotted dick?

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Would

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

This sounds like the dad version of enlisted car purchases.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's still retarded to have people mail ingredients to you IMO. I like to compare veggies in the store anyway because I'm a freak

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
wait is dad chat supposed to be a safe space

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:nallears:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Casimir Radon posted:

Funny you should say that. A Scot working in Kyrgyzstan got himself in trouble recently by joking that Chukchuk was horsedick.

You don't call an Egyptian 'dude' either, dude.

edit it means camel dick in Egyptian arabic

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia kicked off season 11 this week. First ep is absolutely wonderful.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Let us return to 25yearoldchat please

Let me say as a person who grew up just before "hookup culture" became a thing, and now that it is the accepted norm for people in their 20s, the world is a strange and sloppy exciting place

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

More like granddad chat.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

God drat it's always sunny has been going that long eh

Is there any ups and downs or is it pretty consistent in quality throughout the seasons? I've just seen a ton of random episodes.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Is there any ups and downs or is it pretty consistent in quality throughout the seasons? I've just seen a ton of random episodes.

From what I remember it is consistently awesome.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I can think of maybe 2 or 3 bad episodes. They're consistently funny.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Sweet Dee Dates A Retard is a shining jewel of cinematic craftsmanship.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Chardeemacdennis is a classic.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
The D.E.N.N.I.S. system

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The Gang Broke Dee is really one of the single best scripts written for TV

Also all the gun control episodes are really funny

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

DownByTheWooter posted:

The D.E.N.N.I.S. system

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The episode about who Sweet Dee's baby daddy is great. Game of Games is still the best though.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The one where Frank is trying to prove he isn't a diddler in a child beauty pageant is amazing

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
I taught a 6 year old the lyrics to day man and she sings it constantly.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Ckwiesr posted:

I taught a 6 year old the lyrics to day man and she sings it constantly.

It's really catchy.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Also Frank's pretty woman is probably my favorite episode for the 'shut up baby dick' line she drops.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
A .gif of sweaty naked Danny DeVito crawling out of a leather couch.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Zeris posted:

Let me say as a person who grew up just before "hookup culture" became a thing, and now that it is the accepted norm for people in their 20s, the world is a strange and sloppy exciting place

tinder is like having groceries delivered to you

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Zeris posted:

You sound like somebody born in 1945, growing up just before the sexual revolution.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
On RC chat: a few days ago I also made an impulse purchase and decided to jump back down that rabbit hole.

Package showed up today with a whole bunch of foam and fiddly bits... and none of the electronic bits that I ordered. Maybe it's a sign. :homebrew:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Someone at the office put "F is for Family" the new Netflix show, on the TV. Bill Burr plays my dad circa 1987 pretty well

line from second episode "I'm putting you in charge of your sister, if anything bad happens to her I want you to call me at work." "Ok Dad!" "Good, cause I will come right home and put you through that loving wall!"

Pretty sure my dad said that to me atleast once a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

joat mon posted:

You sound like somebody born in 1945, growing up just before the sexual revolution.

I am 31?

• Locked thread