Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Feel free to chat about gardens and other dad stuff :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Woof Blitzer fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 2, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
A+ thread title.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dadchat: I am currently roasting pot in my new slow cooker

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

page 1 bookmark post

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Today I got up on the rickety old ladder and pulled down the Christmas lights. Plot twist: it was for my dad.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
posting in a new thread

feels good

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Today I realized that the tiny George Foreman I bought on deployment should be perfect for bacon, if it still works. And if I can figure out which random box in the garage it's in.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Got an iPhone 6s today. It's p cool I guess. Seems like every other iPhone.

The thumb scanner is fast.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

page 1 bookmark post

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm a dad. I like my garden. Even wearing my sweet all black new balance dad shoes with black socks.

Rockin' Jump is wearing the poo poo out of my kids.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 2, 2016

bengy81
May 8, 2010
It's time to order all my seeds for my garden. Also time to start planning for the spring, and i guess February. I need to start some of my poo poo then.
Also I need to plan out a fence for my backyard. We are gonna try to get chickens hopefully if I can finish my coop, and I need to make my garden raccoon proof. Those cocksuckers ripped out every single Brussels sprout plant and tore out all my winter veggies.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

My new years resolution is to :justpost:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

bengy81 posted:

It's time to order all my seeds for my garden. Also time to start planning for the spring, and i guess February. I need to start some of my poo poo then.
Also I need to plan out a fence for my backyard. We are gonna try to get chickens hopefully if I can finish my coop, and I need to make my garden raccoon proof. Those cocksuckers ripped out every single Brussels sprout plant and tore out all my winter veggies.

Your problems sound universal. What state you in?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Hail Satan.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

now do it on a phone

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

bengy81 posted:

This is a very dad post

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im doing my seed order for spring too

hopefully the tree seedlings my wife put in do well over the winter

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
USPS delivered to the wrong zip code. Enjoy your robotic guitar tuners, random guy who signed for them :)

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Helldump Immunity. posted:

USPS delivered to the wrong zip code. Enjoy your robotic guitar tuners, random guy who signed for them :)

they actually took a signature???

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

ded posted:

they actually took a signature???

Lol yeah, so I guess I'll have to go to the post office on Monday and get this not straightened out.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

now do it on a phone

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

a good phone, not android

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Where are the roscoe pics

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You promised

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Good is defined as not being able to click the bookmark star?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

a good phone, not android

:nallears:

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Your problems sound universal. What state you in?

Colorado.
Gardening gets interesting at my place. I'm a little higher in elevation than Denver, about 6000 ft, so I don't get 100f days at all, and we get frost right up until the middle of May.
I've planted peppers the last three years and I've harvested about 4 jalapeņos and 3 bell peppers in total, and they weren't great, they really need the heat to grow apparently. But broccoli and cauliflower do really well, and I can pretty much grow kale year round, so that's pretty cool, but my spinach and lettuce bolt to flower by the middle of june, so figure that one out.

I want to try to grow hops for my beer, but I don't have a great spot to run a pole or trellis, apparently they can grow 20 ft tall.

I live in the middle of town, but there is a gently caress ton of wildlife, I've gotten lucky and only had to deal with squirrels and raccoons, but I have seen a lot of deer down the street and there are a few black bears that like to hang out a few blocks north of where I live. There used to be a few coyotes running around, but I haven't heard them much lately. They were really bad two years ago, couldn't leave dogs out alone at night, they were breaking into yards and chewing on Fido, poo poo was :stonk: to wake up and hear in the middle of the night.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

There are polish guys on my boat who have agreed to teach me to make kielbasa

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Two Finger posted:

When you learn the secret don't forget to share!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

You sure they didn't say hide the kielbasa?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

bengy81 posted:

Colorado.
Gardening gets interesting at my place. I'm a little higher in elevation than Denver, about 6000 ft, so I don't get 100f days at all, and we get frost right up until the middle of May.
I've planted peppers the last three years and I've harvested about 4 jalapeņos and 3 bell peppers in total, and they weren't great, they really need the heat to grow apparently. But broccoli and cauliflower do really well, and I can pretty much grow kale year round, so that's pretty cool, but my spinach and lettuce bolt to flower by the middle of june, so figure that one out.

I want to try to grow hops for my beer, but I don't have a great spot to run a pole or trellis, apparently they can grow 20 ft tall.

I live in the middle of town, but there is a gently caress ton of wildlife, I've gotten lucky and only had to deal with squirrels and raccoons, but I have seen a lot of deer down the street and there are a few black bears that like to hang out a few blocks north of where I live. There used to be a few coyotes running around, but I haven't heard them much lately. They were really bad two years ago, couldn't leave dogs out alone at night, they were breaking into yards and chewing on Fido, poo poo was :stonk: to wake up and hear in the middle of the night.

Whenever raccoons come around for my chickens in the middle of the night, my dog barks and trees them. Then I have to slap on my helmet/NV and go take care of business. :bustem:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Two Finger posted:

Oh man, I need to get some fresh kielbasa next time I'm in Hamtramck. I love sauteeing it with sauerkraut, mixing it into some mashed potatoes, top with good paprika and bake in an oven to get the top all nice and crispy.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Two Finger posted:

P sure that's a euphemism

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Two Finger posted:

Say this to them:

Tafoya Cheepka Smuh kooyah Yah Kahpoosta

I broke it out all phonetic-like but they will appreciate it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

yea theyre gonna airtight you mate

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i know

his lady friend (owned by my buddy) came over today and i tried to get both of em but failed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i know

his lady friend (owned by my buddy) came over today and i tried to get both of em but failed

That's a good Roscoe

Four Falls Of Buffalo is so goddamn good. I'm a Bills fan.

• Locked thread