Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

jassi007 posted:

True. They also just printed a 2cmc charm that says "beat twin/counter crumble to dust/ramp out Ugin when you get that sweet natural Tron on t3. My friend who is quite good with Tron, 13-2 at GP Charlotte, top 8SCG States twice with it, etc. says he thinks 4 of 2 main/2side.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/296696#paper
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/334834#paper

IDK if I can get behind Wail in the main since you want to be very linear G1 but I think it's a 3 of in the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

jassi007 posted:

I agree with you? :P I can't imagine anyone thinks it makes for fun or good or interesting games, but if you have a card that says "you win!" when you play it against certain decks, whacha gonna do? Not just poo poo like Bloom either, I loved playing it against Jund they'd just look at their mana, look at bloodmoon, then topdeck for 5 or so minutes while I pecked them to death.

Being a jund player it seems you would have to play your fetches weird against an opponent with blood moon to get locked out by blood moon unless we are talking about mainboard blood moons.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Sickening posted:

Being a jund player it seems you would have to play your fetches weird against an opponent with blood moon to get locked out by blood moon unless we are talking about mainboard blood moons.

Sometimes you just don't draw them or you have to fetch a shock to actually be able to cast a spell.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Count Bleck posted:

Somebody edit a salmon or something into the art.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

odiv posted:

I guess it might be okay if you get a lot of scions? Still, the last thing I need when I can produce 7 mana is more mana.

They should print an Eldrazi with C in the cost that has Convoke, just to confuse everyone.

The extra mana isn't to cast something bigger than a 7, it's so you can chain multiple creatures off the other ability

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

"What the gently caress Kozilek, why'd you make my head into a fish?!"

seriously reality warping pranksters are the worst

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
He wants a fish THIS big

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

jassi007 posted:

I agree with you? :P I can't imagine anyone thinks it makes for fun or good or interesting games, but if you have a card that says "you win!" when you play it against certain decks, whacha gonna do? Not just poo poo like Bloom either, I loved playing it against Jund they'd just look at their mana, look at bloodmoon, then topdeck for 5 or so minutes while I pecked them to death.

I still think that's largely a symptom of manabases now being way way to generous. If anything I'd like to see more blood moon-type effects to get people back off some of the greedy manabases.

It also seems that they're developing cards as though multiple colors is a much bigger impediment than it really is.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Sickening posted:

sort of agree but if your opener is overgrown tomb, blackcleave cliffs, you probably keep it the majority of the time. Sometimes that turns out to be the worst idea and you lose the game, but thats life.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

jassi007 posted:

sort of agree but if your opener is overgrown tomb, blackcleave cliffs, you probably keep it the majority of the time. Sometimes that turns out to be the worst idea and you lose the game, but thats life.

In my first 7 against an opponent with blood moon? Does my hand have a discard spell or abrupt decay? If not, its probably a mull.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Excellent.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Still enjoying the guy at last weekend's IQ that was mad I was playing the two-card combination of Leonin Arbiter and Ghost Quarter when he was playing Splinter Twin

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Boco_T posted:

Still enjoying the guy at last weekend's IQ that was mad I was playing the two-card combination of Leonin Arbiter and Ghost Quarter when he was playing Splinter Twin

No Aven Mindcensor? Scrub :smug:

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Cactrot posted:

No Aven Mindcensor? Scrub :smug:
4 Arbiter 1 Mindcensor

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

jassi007 posted:

They're talking about Crumble to Dust.

Can't Tron counter it with Warping Wail anyways?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Boco_T posted:

I was at a pre-tq and my opponent on TarmoTwin let me resolve a T2 suppression field without cracking his fetch in response. The next two turns he just played two more fetches and frowned. Best game 3 ever.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Boco_T posted:

It's not like that is a new combo...

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Mezzanon posted:

I was at a pre-tq and my opponent on TarmoTwin let me resolve a T2 suppression field without cracking his fetch in response. The next two turns he just played two more fetches and frowned. Best game 3 ever.
Yeah the one game I won against Jund in the match was at least 50% from him putting a fetch directly into his graveyard on turn 2 after I dropped Arbiter, me going UHH and him going "oh, yeah I should have played that differently."

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Boco_T posted:

Yeah the one game I won against Jund in the match was at least 50% from him putting a fetch directly into his graveyard on turn 2 after I dropped Arbiter, me going UHH and him going "oh, yeah I should have played that differently."

I also had a game against Jund where I had a T2 suppression field and my opponent dropped a T3 Lilly and went to immediately minus her against my one creature, then they had to re-read suppression field, and I just murdered Lilly on my turn.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I guess we get the full spoiler in a couple days since the pre-release is next weekend?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

I don't think Blood Moon promotes fun gameplay.
said the Tron player.

Entropic posted:

I guess we get the full spoiler in a couple days since the pre-release is next weekend?

Tomorrow morning.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

said the Tron player.

I've cast Blood Moon at least as many times as Karn... I also don't really think Moon is that great vs Tron. You have so many ways to deal with it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I know people pile onto MTGO but Duels is such a loving embarrassment.

They never patch bugs, they have never released anything without a delay, the iOS servers were hosed for months, and today they announce that Oath won't be coming out until SoI in April (both simultaneously, they say).

I mean this was supposed to be their core set replacement. It honestly looks like it's run on a shoe string budget, which is baffling considering the supposed importance of the project.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

I know people pile onto MTGO but Duels is such a loving embarrassment.

They never patch bugs, they have never released anything without a delay, the iOS servers were hosed for months, and today they announce that Oath won't be coming out until SoI in April (both simultaneously, they say).

I mean this was supposed to be their core set replacement. It honestly looks like it's run on a shoe string budget, which is baffling considering the supposed importance of the project.

Sounds like a Wizards digital project, all right.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, I gave up on Magic Duels months ago. Don't trust wizards to do anything correctly with digital media.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I'm not even gimmick posting when I say MTGO works fine. They fixed a lot of the poo poo that people complain about. It loads your collection the first time you tab into it sorta slow, but everything else works as expected.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm not even gimmick posting when I say MTGO works fine. They fixed a lot of the poo poo that people complain about. It loads your collection the first time you tab into it sorta slow, but everything else works as expected.

MTGO is slowly but meaningfully getting better, yeah - stuff like Leagues and the current Year of Modern (drafts) are a huge step forward for them.

Still too expensive, though.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Did we see this one already?

or this?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Niton posted:

MTGO is slowly but meaningfully getting better, yeah - stuff like Leagues and the current Year of Modern (drafts) are a huge step forward for them.

Still too expensive, though.

The biggest thing is that they fixed the RAM leaks so it doesn't run like poo poo all the time.

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Yes, it was spoiled early this week and was in the original big leak

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Dungeon Ecology posted:

A while ago, yeah.

It was one of the first things we saw.

playground tough
Oct 29, 2007
I'm new to Magic but, from what I have observed thus far, it baffles me at how awful WoTC is in handling digital media given the absolute gently caress ton of money they must print each quarter. Does Hasbro just hand them a poo poo budget and rake in the profits while Magic continues to be a seemingly ever-growing cash cow? Or, is my idea of Wizards as a company just wrong?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

playground tough posted:

I'm new to Magic but, from what I have observed thus far, it baffles me at how awful WoTC is in handling digital media given the absolute gently caress ton of money they must print each quarter. Does Hasbro just hand them a poo poo budget and rake in the profits while Magic continues to be a seemingly ever-growing cash cow? Or, is my idea of Wizards as a company just wrong?

Apparently, Wizards management is atrocious. Their idea of recruiting for MTGO has included an employee showing up at an FNM and asking for programmers, and paying programmers sub-par wages, in an already highly-competitive area, with the 'balance' being that they "love the game"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
It turns out when you have a product that literally prints money, you don't have to invest money into improving it.

For all the problems MTGO has had and may or may not still have, it still lets people draft whenever they want and people will pay for that.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

MTGO sucks because people give WOTC $$$ the way it is now.

Every time you play MTGO and pay for it you give them another reason to not make it poo poo.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Sickening posted:

MTGO sucks because people give WOTC $$$ the way it is now.

Every time you play MTGO and pay for it you give them another reason to not make it poo poo.

Some Numbers posted:

It turns out when you have a product that literally prints money, you don't have to invest money into improving it.

For all the problems MTGO has had and may or may not still have, it still lets people draft whenever they want and people will pay for that.

All the more reason not to play on MTGO. v:v:v

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
MTGO sucks because they're in constantly in "stabilize it so we can rewrite" which doesn't work when you're constantly having to implement new things that dramatically change the game. See: devoid, {} mana, etc. If WOTC were smart, which they're not, they'd have a separate team doing ground up front + back end rewrite that doesn't have to worry about the state of current MTGO.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I haven't spent money on MODO in three years and I am pretty sure I am up a grand

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

it didnt crash when i played it today

maybe i can beleive

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
I don't care what anyone says, Cardboard Crack is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

born on a buy you posted:

MTGO sucks because they're in constantly in "stabilize it so we can rewrite" which doesn't work when you're constantly having to implement new things that dramatically change the game. See: devoid, {} mana, etc. If WOTC were smart, which they're not, they'd have a separate team doing ground up front + back end rewrite that doesn't have to worry about the state of current MTGO.

I think this is where the (ill-timed) culling of 2HG and other formats came from. They've also steadily gotten better at lining up digital releases with physical ones, so they must be accomplishing something.

..right?

• Locked thread