Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
I'll give it a shot today and hopefully it cleared up. I couldn't find anyone else having the same issue so it seemed to be just me, which was odd because I could access other servers.

I just wanted to open my drat Hobbit gift for the day :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Wow...so this game has changed quite a bit. I logged back in after many years away and all my traits have been redesigned, my inventory is full of stuff I don't recognise and I'd forgotten just how many skills there are and how small the buttons were.

On the plus side, I seem to have 15,000 TP from originally having a lifetime sub when the game went ftp so that's something!

Are people having fun? Is Gondor awesome?

Edit: A world channel?! We can actually communicate...

Prince John fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 7, 2016

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Prince John posted:

Gondor is fantastic in my opinion. It's the content leading up to it that is pretty average and bland. Rise of Isengard is probably the worst content in the game. Luckily you can skip a lot of it now by staying in Mirkwood/Enedwaith until 68-70 and then hitting Great River. But then you get 20 levels of Horse Land aka Rohan. Gondor is a breath of fresh air after you go through the Paths of the Dead.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Prince John posted:

Wow...so this game has changed quite a bit. I logged back in after many years away and all my traits have been redesigned, my inventory is full of stuff I don't recognise and I'd forgotten just how many skills there are and how small the buttons were.

On the plus side, I seem to have 15,000 TP from originally having a lifetime sub when the game went ftp so that's something!

Edit: A world channel?! We can actually communicate...

What server are you on now is the first thing I'd ask, Gondor is pretty great and most people were pleased with Minas Tirith, expect the epic questline to be exciting and the epic battles to be pretty boring after a month. Good time to play as if you hit 100 now you can be ready the day the level 105 expansion and the first raid in years comes out. Post your name if you need a new kin invite, we're all on Landroval now. /world is kind of fun but also kind of spammy on populated servers, which is all of them as the mergers finish up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ruffz posted:

Gondor is fantastic in my opinion. It's the content leading up to it that is pretty average and bland. Rise of Isengard is probably the worst content in the game. Luckily you can skip a lot of it now by staying in Mirkwood/Enedwaith until 68-70 and then hitting Great River. But then you get 20 levels of Horse Land aka Rohan. Gondor is a breath of fresh air after you go through the Paths of the Dead.

Is there anything to do in Paths yet or is that still an area void of raids and other content despite being pretty much ideal for some crazy content? I've never gone back to check.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is there anything to do in Paths yet or is that still an area void of raids and other content despite being pretty much ideal for some crazy content? I've never gone back to check.

It has dailies, but that's about it :(

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 4, 2020

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Scaling for (some) dungeons has been a thing in this for a few years now. No idea if/when we'll ever get it for remaining non-scaled content. I'd love to see some level 100 Moria instance runs.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

If they really wanted to get some people to start playing again that have been away since Moria, they'd scale those instances. What sucks is I think Turbine said they don't have any plans for it at all. I have a hard time understanding why they can put out a new raid this year, but don't have the time to scale Moria stuff. I've been too distracted by other games lately, I think it's time to log in and catch up on my Bingo Boffin quests :3:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Turns out I'm working about 6 days a week now and have new Christmas games that have taken me away from all but Boffin quests. I'll be back to finish at least Minas Tirith, seeing as I've done the rest of the new area.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

ruffz posted:

Cool, that's good to know. I'm a level 68 LM and I think I was still in Mirkwood, so sounds like I'll just mosey down to Isengard to take a look around and then skip the crap quests and hit the Great River, at least once I've figured out something approaching a sensible build with the new system.

extra stout posted:

What server are you on now is the first thing I'd ask, Gondor is pretty great and most people were pleased with Minas Tirith, expect the epic questline to be exciting and the epic battles to be pretty boring after a month. Good time to play as if you hit 100 now you can be ready the day the level 105 expansion and the first raid in years comes out. Post your name if you need a new kin invite, we're all on Landroval now. /world is kind of fun but also kind of spammy on populated servers, which is all of them as the mergers finish up.

I'm on Laurelin but if I find it empty I'll move to Landroval and give you all a shout, thanks.

Prince John fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 7, 2016

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Prince John posted:

Cool, that's good to know. I'm a level 68 LM and I think I was still in Mirkwood, so sounds like I'll just mosey down to Isengard to take a look around and then skip the crap quests and hit the Great River, at least once I've figured out something approaching a sensible build with the new system.

I'm on Laurelin but if I find it empty I'll move to Landroval and give you all a shout, thanks.

You can't transfer from Laurelin to Landroval(or vice versa), so you'll have to roll a new character.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Brave New World posted:

You can't transfer from Laurelin to Landroval(or vice versa), so you'll have to roll a new character.

Another LM bites the dust.

(Happened to me too).

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7513113#post7513113

Tubine's new strategy of randomly preparing years worth of things we needed and wanted is really really well needed and appreciated. Melee classes mounted combat nearly doubled. Sluggish longer abilities on champion now have shorter durations.

Cost of anfalas scrolls of empowerment will be reduced too, that's a big one.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Would any bored goons care to give a breakdown of the content post-Moria? It kind of confuses me, especially since I've only just barely broken through Moria on one character - a guardian who is about 64 or so.

Everyone told me Lothlorien would be great and a breath of fresh air after getting out of the mines. They were sort of right in that it was nice to look at, at first, but man running those quests where I literally rode back and forth between that camp right outside Moria down to the orc camps felt like it took me days and I just burned out and quit playing.

I rolled up a new minstrel who is quickly approaching Moria (Bazias in game) and I was hoping to just get something that I could reference in the future. It can be as simple as just the zone and the level range you'd expect to roll through.

I just get confused because it all sort of melds together as I've never been through these places.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

ukrainius maximus posted:

Would any bored goons care to give a breakdown of the content post-Moria? It kind of confuses me, especially since I've only just barely broken through Moria on one character - a guardian who is about 64 or so.

Everyone told me Lothlorien would be great and a breath of fresh air after getting out of the mines. They were sort of right in that it was nice to look at, at first, but man running those quests where I literally rode back and forth between that camp right outside Moria down to the orc camps felt like it took me days and I just burned out and quit playing.

I rolled up a new minstrel who is quickly approaching Moria (Bazias in game) and I was hoping to just get something that I could reference in the future. It can be as simple as just the zone and the level range you'd expect to roll through.

I just get confused because it all sort of melds together as I've never been through these places.

Here ya go!

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Zones_by_level

The LOTRO wiki isn't as well updated as it used to be, but it's still quite handy!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

extra stout posted:

Tubine's new strategy of randomly preparing years worth of things we needed and wanted is really really well needed and appreciated. Melee classes mounted combat nearly doubled. Sluggish longer abilities on champion now have shorter durations.

quote:

Dol Amroth currency reward boxes (Armoury Box, Great Hall Box, etc.) no longer grant tokens of other faction. Instead, they will only contain Silver Tokens of Dol Amroth and the token appropriate for that faction. For example, Great Hall boxes will only contain Silver Tokens and Great Hall Tokens.

Boy does this piss me off to no end. It was absolutely terrible that it didn't always work this way, and since they're finally willing to make the change, says to me they were just being jerks about it before. Or something. Mad about games, etc.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Here ya go!

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Zones_by_level

The LOTRO wiki isn't as well updated as it used to be, but it's still quite handy!

I am ashamed, but thank you! This is perfect.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

extra stout posted:

I love all of the stuff like this that they're able to do ever since they abandoned the "expansion every year" system. Finally mounted combat won't be painful with my melee characters. Out of my 4 characters that are 85 or above, 3 are melee. Burgs finally have a ranged mounted combat skill? gently caress yeah.

ruffz fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 8, 2016

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Donut is for Homer as Asking yourself is to ...

extra stout posted:

Update 17.2 Beta #1 Release Notes & Known Issues - PRELIMINARY AND NON-FINAL - BULLROARER ONLY

I especially like the new emote panel and barter costs for Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment have been decreased.

I've been leveling a guardian up to 75 now. Wow are they a change from a Lore-Master it's refreshing. I can run around and aggro 6-7 mobs a higher level than me, tank them and slowly kill them while I heal.

Also for anyone going through 65-85, You can get teala rmor from url]https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Adventurer%27s_Quartermaster[/url] adeventure quatermaster and a skirmish armor trader in exchange for marks and medallion. It's good stuff.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Considering that at level 100 with a level 100 first age weapon my Captain hits for less damage than he did at 75-80 with a level 75 2nd age I'll welcome some buffs to him. I know it was broken OP as hell to crit for 15-20k at 85 with an 85 weapon but if I crit for over 10k now it's a rarity.

I burned almost all my marks on Anfalas Scrolls recently too. Why couldn't the cost reduction have come first. :negative:

moebius2778
May 3, 2013
The new proposed costs are here.

293 marks, 2541 medallions
90 stars of merit
3 morgul crests
20 DA silver pieces
7 gold, 20 silver DA tokens
15 eastern gondor silver pieces
10 gift-giver's brands
4 smith's tokens
1000 commendations

If the smith's tokens cost hold, they're a pretty good deal - I think you can get 12 per day from the dailies. It's like a fifteenish minute run.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
holy poo poo 250 merit to 90 merit means they not only agree they were squeezing people too hard for the non nerds/rich people to max out, but I am calling it right now it means pelennor fields is already halfway done and the 105 increase is before summer, calling it now folks

if those boosts to level 50 or 95 go on sale or a big quest pack in general sale happens within a month or two I would not be surprised, gotta get the folks to catch up to the end game now

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Jack's Flow posted:

Another LM bites the dust.

(Happened to me too).

I'm just not sure I can face re-doing all those levels. :(

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Donut is for Homer as Asking yourself is to ...

Evil Fluffy posted:

Considering that at level 100 with a level 100 first age weapon my Captain hits for less damage than he did at 75-80 with a level 75 2nd age I'll welcome some buffs to him. I know it was broken OP as hell to crit for 15-20k at 85 with an 85 weapon but if I crit for over 10k now it's a rarity.

Why are you hitting for less at 100 than at 85 I don't understand ?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

AskYourself posted:

Why are you hitting for less at 100 than at 85 I don't understand ?

Because Captain riding damage got crippled at some point between RoR and the current content. It might've happened in Helm's Deep but I wouldn't have noticed because Helm's Deep had a cooldown bug that made the Captain's bigass nuke have about a 4 second CD and every other attack was an instant refresh, so when the bug was in effect I'd solo warbands in about 1/10th the time they'd normally take.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 9, 2016

Moo Moo Canoe
Mar 11, 2007

Drunk postin' ftw

moebius2778 posted:

Transfers were disabled by the hotfix.

here

Still a thing. Been digging around for an hour trying to figure out why I didn't have a transfer button!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Ok folks some words about things you should know:

I think Yule Fest ends in an hour, so cash out your tokens if you haven't already or if you're asleep already enjoy waiting til next year. Tomorrow might be a longer downtime, or a real loving long downtime because it's the first time switching to new internet, new servers, new hardware, going from 32 bit to 64 bit, and while they've spent months preparing for this it could still gently caress up big time. When the game is back online, hopefully the afternoon as planned, load times and lag should be fixed and or gone.

No idea if they're also doing that patch with it, though I doubt it as that'd be a lot of risk in one day to be responsible for.

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)

extra stout posted:

Ok folks some words about things you should know:

I think Yule Fest ends in an hour, so cash out your tokens if you haven't already or if you're asleep already enjoy waiting til next year. Tomorrow might be a longer downtime, or a real loving long downtime because it's the first time switching to new internet, new servers, new hardware, going from 32 bit to 64 bit, and while they've spent months preparing for this it could still gently caress up big time. When the game is back online, hopefully the afternoon as planned, load times and lag should be fixed and or gone.

No idea if they're also doing that patch with it, though I doubt it as that'd be a lot of risk in one day to be responsible for.

Hopefully no patch. That seem like a major risk, and I do stuff like that for a living. See you in a few days ;)

On another note, I hope this'll do good things to my euro-lag.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Moo Moo Canoe posted:

Still a thing. Been digging around for an hour trying to figure out why I didn't have a transfer button!

It's probably disabled because of the new servers coming up. I'm guessing having pending transfers during the server switch would be a bad idea.

Lars posted:

On another note, I hope this'll do good things to my euro-lag.

Unfortunately, all of the servers'll still be in the US after this update.

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)

moebius2778 posted:

Unfortunately, all of the servers'll still be in the US after this update.

Oh, I know - but if they get faster servers and a better connection, my lag might go down :)

***Edit: Here we go!

Lars fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jan 11, 2016

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
What resolution are you playing at Lars? Reminds me of my last PC, also

Servers are up an hour early. Turbine is freaking me out with all of this professionalism lately

Moo Moo Canoe
Mar 11, 2007

Drunk postin' ftw

moebius2778 posted:

It's probably disabled because of the new servers coming up. I'm guessing having pending transfers during the server switch would be a bad idea.

Had it been re-enabled since that patch (Dec. 17th)? Just trying to figure out if I should actively keep my eye on it, or just let it slide for a while.

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)

extra stout posted:

What resolution are you playing at Lars? Reminds me of my last PC, also

Servers are up an hour early. Turbine is freaking me out with all of this professionalism lately

4k on my gaming rig, not as much on my laptop ;)

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Moo Moo Canoe posted:

Had it been re-enabled since that patch (Dec. 17th)? Just trying to figure out if I should actively keep my eye on it, or just let it slide for a while.

I believe so - there was a bit of traffic on when the free Landroval transfer window was actually going to open. That said, official word is they want the situation on the new servers to stabilize before re-enabling transfers. I'd check back in a week, if you're not in a hurry.

Thespis
Mar 31, 2011

So...has anyone actually been able to get some playtime in today? These servers are rubberbanding me like crazy.

-Eckerd

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Thespis posted:

So...has anyone actually been able to get some playtime in today? These servers are rubberbanding me like crazy.

-Eckerd

drat, it's still bad? I logged in a couple times last night but then couldn't get in any time after 7 or so. I'm going to try again when I get home from work in a few hours.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Getting some rubberbanding this morning in Bree. They're taking the servers down for a hotfix pretty soon, hopefully to fix that.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Ugh, game is basically unplayable for me right now. Hope it gets sorted out tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)
Just did a test "15 minutes in Foroshel" - no rubberbanding, no lag, ping 99-103 from Denmark on a 500mbit fiber. Last night eurotime was unplayable though.

Besides that, did they change the 40 to 50 leveling? I'm quickly running out of <47 content at level 44. (I went from Evendim/Trollshaws straight to Foroshel - seems like I missed a zone "in between" - Misty Mountains perhaps?)