Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Theoretically wouldn't you want to start cutting now if you want abs by summer? You should have bulked in the Fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cutting started Monday and today first day back in gym since pneumonia recurrence 2 weeks ago. Hail Satan, twinks back those asses up.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
The girlfriend got a me a stocking full of protein bars for Xmas most were pretty good but she also included a few packs of these things http://funnbar.com/

They are loving hideous.

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

Theoretically wouldn't you want to start cutting now if you want abs by summer? You should have bulked in the Fall.

Need to make weight for MA, abs would be a nice plus.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Also jumped back on the cutting train and reactivated my MFP app. Maybe I'll won't look like a weak twink this time when I get below 100kg.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

notZaar posted:

not really, I dont want to cut for too long

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
Why cut when you can just grow more muscle to lower your body fat percentage?

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I was going to start a TFLC log today and I was deadlifting at the gym and tripped on the hex bar and split my forehead open. What up

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

That's a p good start to a log

"Day 1: bloodied and concussed"

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It's cold in my garage gym. Throwing weights around is helping me warm up though. Praise be.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
hope you get a cool forehead scar

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
It's pretty common to get injured within the first page of posting a log. I made it to the second page of mine before my back gave out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I dropped the bar coming up from a squat last week and my back bent funny. I somehow managed to avoid serious injury but now I'm kinda nervous about squatting heavy again.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Lock this thread, it's time for the 2016 duds.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Cobra Commander posted:

I was going to start a TFLC log today and I was deadlifting at the gym and tripped on the hex bar and split my forehead open. What up

Make sure you clean that up well. Gyms are filthy, yo.

Tots
Sep 3, 2007

:frogout:
Any recommendations on a fitness app that auto syncs somewhere non-local? I use fitnotes (which I love) but have lost my workout logs several times now due to forgetting to back up before restoring/switching phones/whatever. And no, remembering to back it up isn't an option.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
After 2 weeks of eating and drinking too much I feel like a fat sack of weak poo poo in the gym. But feeling sore again is nice.

Also I am moving office buildings to a one without a nice gym so I need to join a gym/HEALTH CLUB or whatever. please post you do's and don't when joining a place thank you in advance

no im not looking at 24 or LA fitness as there's none near me.

Tots
Sep 3, 2007

gently caress almost every chain gym. Hth

E: the snap fitness by me was p.dope and good, but that was BC the franchise owner wasn't a sack of poo poo. Idk if that's typical.

ArgoATX
Dec 10, 2014
have you guys ever thought about joining a gym you enjoy being at rather than bitching like little girls about rules at gyms?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Tots posted:

gently caress almost every chain gym. Hth

E: the snap fitness by me was p.dope and good, but that was BC the franchise owner wasn't a sack of poo poo. Idk if that's typical.

I dunno about the owner but the singular trainer at the snap I just left was an rear end in a top hat who would bitch at you for doing deadlifts. It was pretty much like going to a planet fitness except 3 times as expensive.

Tots
Sep 3, 2007

Garrand posted:

I dunno about the owner but the singular trainer at the snap I just left was an rear end in a top hat who would bitch at you for doing deadlifts. It was pretty much like going to a planet fitness except 3 times as expensive.

Ymmv I guess. Mine was cool and cheaper than anything else around (which I guess is still 3x more expensive than PF)

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

12 stitches, out of the gym for about a week. Bye bye gains.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cobra Commander posted:

Stitches in your forehead keep you from lifting? Serious question. Don't sound the Lunk Alarm for me judging.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i got a carne asada burrito for dinner. protein.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer

Cobra Commander posted:

Holy poo poo, you really must have bit it ha ha ha. Sorry, that's a helluva cut, let's see some pictures!

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

GORDON posted:

Stitches in your forehead keep you from lifting? Serious question. Don't sound the Lunk Alarm for me judging.

That's what I was thinking, doc said not to get it wet, sweat into it, exert myself too much. I'm inclined to believe them over my self, considering the situation.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

Also I am moving office buildings to a one without a nice gym so I need to join a gym/HEALTH CLUB or whatever. please post you do's and don't when joining a place thank you in advance

do: gotta have free weights
do: must look well maintained.
do: tour place immediately after work to find out how 'busy' they are. Chain gyms are notorious for overselling memberships.

don't: let a hot chick demo a place for you, it's a selling tactic.
don't: forget to tip the receptionist.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

don't split your face open

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cobra Commander posted:

That's what I was thinking, doc said not to get it wet, sweat into it, exert myself too much. I'm inclined to believe them over my self, considering the situation.

Personally.... unless I was weeping lymph fluid or blood from the bandage, I'd prolly lift like 50-60% just to maintain. Nothing that will make you stress and grunt.

You're welcome for the free medical advice! :-D

But I get it... for some reason when I am pushing REALLY damned hard, my left earbud gets forced out of my ear canal. I must be really swole on that side of my inner ear. Get well soon.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Personally I would not lift with a head wound, but that's because I tend to flex the hell out of every muscle fiber in my face and neck when I lift heavy.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

GORDON posted:

Personally.... unless I was weeping lymph fluid or blood from the bandage, I'd prolly lift like 50-60% just to maintain. Nothing that will make you stress and grunt.

You're welcome for the free medical advice! :-D

But I get it... for some reason when I am pushing REALLY damned hard, my left earbud gets forced out of my ear canal. I must be really swole on that side of my inner ear. Get well soon.

It takes weeks to months to lose gains so I don't know what you need to maintain, but otherwise I agree.

Also I'd make sure not to crack my dumb head open again.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

88h88 posted:

It's cold in my garage gym. Throwing weights around is helping me warm up though. Praise be.

My favorite thing about working out at home is seeing billows from my breathe while I blast hardcore on my lovely speakers. Adds +1 to endurance.

Zahgaegun posted:

Wait, is this a thing?

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Wait, is this a thing?

That's what I was thinking

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

Zahgaegun posted:

tip: stop shoving food in your mouth you massive fatty

mainly because it makes me jealous. Cutting sucks :(

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

monny posted:

tip: stop shoving food in your mouth you massive fatty

:smith:

Tots
Sep 3, 2007

Tots posted:

Any recommendations on a fitness app that auto syncs somewhere non-local? I use fitnotes (which I love) but have lost my workout logs several times now due to forgetting to back up before restoring/switching phones/whatever. And no, remembering to back it up isn't an option.

Help

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Quit messing with phones you dumb nerd and lift weights

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
What about like a real heavy phone?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001