Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Captain Blaargh posted:

Also, when I finally grab a generations Arcee should I go Takara or Hasbro?
It doesn't happen often but I prefer the Hasbro colors over Takara's for Arcee. Just make sure you get one that has the updated hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Yeah, I like the Hasbro colors better as well.

Now I'm wondering if that Computron gift set is CW or a G1 reissue. (I know it doesn't say platinum but it's hard to be optimistic after 'Betatron' :v: )

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

Holy poo poo, Sunsurge's lower legs are just a whole bunch of clipped-together panels. And his back is a bunch of origamied panels. The dude is almost entirely panels, and he's definitely on the "explode and reassemble differently" end of the transformation spectrum, but he holds together really well in both modes once everything's clipped down.

You are correct. It's a drat fine robit and car, but "explodes" exactly is the right term for his transformation.

The gun stores on his back, but the right missile has to be affixed to it or on his forearm for it to fit. Both missiles fit on the gun. He comes with a little "Fry Pursuit," or Chip Chase. Slightly more posable than MP Sideswipe. Comes with silver replacement parts for all the chrome parts (if they ever start to chip, or you just like the look better) and a smirking replacement face. Sunsurge is very, very good. Well constructed, doesn't seem flimsy (though the explosion transformation requires a little bit of caution till you get it down) and it's unlikely they will ever get that prototype Lambo officially licensed.

And here's some of Maketoys Gundog/Hound:

His back does not lock into place there, probably to not damage the tires. It's not floppy, but it's not locked in place.

Also: accordion punch arms. His forearms actually extend and basically become the floorboards of the jeep mode.

Computron: I'll believe it when I see it. Also I have to justify Quantron's (way cheaper but still not insignificant Black Friday) purchase to myself.

According to BBTS, TFC has Seacons, Taint Reaper.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 7, 2016

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Phy posted:

Holy poo poo, Sunsurge's lower legs are just a whole bunch of clipped-together panels. And his back is a bunch of origamied panels. The dude is almost entirely panels, and he's definitely on the "explode and reassemble differently" end of the transformation spectrum, but he holds together really well in both modes once everything's clipped down.

you can't say things like this around me, you should know this by now!

god. I can't AFFORD these things. But I YEARN for them.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Both missiles fit on the gun.

I've got three complaints/worries about Sunsurge: Worried about busting one or more of those panels that make up his legs; already put some stress marks into the clips on the panels that make up the top of his torso; and the missiles chewed off the silver paint on the pegs of the gun.

He's a really great Lambo though, even with the doofy nozzle-style nonstandard taillights. They did a good job colour-matching the painted parts to the bare plastic; yellow's tough but there's very little difference.

Sorry, Doc, I knew there was one of us that really dug the super-fiddly transformations but couldn't remember who. There's youtube videos up if you want to torture yourself more.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I'll see your cool 3rd party stuff that makes me really jealous and raise you one grumpy rescuebot:

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I already have a fairly complete G1 Bruticus, but I couldn't resist the KO wacky gold bits & flourescent orange gun version for less than £12. Will it ever get here? Who knows! But I look forward to it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161922749981?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
According to Tcracker of TFW, who is regarded as a reliable source on the forums, we should be expecting MPs of Jazz, Sunstreaker, and Hound soon. He also said TT has stepped up MP production as a response to 3P MPs.

Also there's some new rumor about MP Megatron being in the works (can't find the source), though people have been saying that forever.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\/\/\EDIT: Good. Looking forward to them. If Hound and Sunstreaker are better than Gundog and Sunsurge then that's excellent news AND I REGRET NOTHING OKAY!?!?

Wanna see that Jazz. Is he gonna be a Porsche? If so, Cliffjumper needs in on that action.

Phy posted:

I've got three complaints/worries about Sunsurge: Worried about busting one or more of those panels that make up his legs; already put some stress marks into the clips on the panels that make up the top of his torso; and the missiles chewed off the silver paint on the pegs of the gun.

The panels might be a problem down the road. I've not noticed any stress marks on his torso either. I'm usually super careful about moving parts and I do keep decoy transformers in case a younger relatives visit, so I think SunSurgeStreaker will be fine.

I noticed a little paint scratched off of the gun; if it gets to that point the missiles will live there unless the gun is on his back in which case one of the missiles will go on his back/holder.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 8, 2016

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

catch22 posted:

According to Tcracker of TFW, who is regarded as a reliable source on the forums, we should be expecting MPs of Jazz

Don't tease me this way, I want to believe :(

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I also fully expect this thread to inform me about KO Seekers when they are available. Just sayin'.

If their price point is really $30, everyone's getting one from their Secret Santa next year.:colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I also fully expect this thread to inform me about KO Seekers when they are available. Just sayin'.

They say April 2016 for Starscream.

In other KO news, Wei Jiang has released two more OS versions of the RID line, Optimus and Drift. I put both in my Sirtoys cart but I promised not to buy anything new for a few weeks so in hand reviews will have to wait.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
If MP Jazz is real, I hope we get to hear the behind-the-scenes journey on that one. I really wouldn't have thought anything could change Porsche's mind.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

If MP Jazz is real, I hope we get to hear the behind-the-scenes journey on that one. I really wouldn't have thought anything could change Porsche's mind.

They got VW to change their minds about Bumblebee after a very stern "no war toys" stance.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

They got VW to change their minds about Bumblebee after a very stern "no war toys" stance.

VW isn't Porsche. Porsche has been way more staunch about that kind of thing than VW. They are insanely picky about what they do with their brand license.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

VW isn't Porsche. Porsche has been way more staunch about that kind of thing than VW. They are insanely picky about what they do with their brand license.

I'm just saying, somebody at Takara did some sweet talking. It's not impossible that Porsche could be swayed.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

In other KO news, Wei Jiang has released two more OS versions of the RID line, Optimus and Drift. I put both in my Sirtoys cart but I promised not to buy anything new for a few weeks so in hand reviews will have to wait.

Dats cool, got any pics or link?

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Keldroc posted:

Porsche is owned by Volkswagen.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I'm just saying, somebody at Takara did some sweet talking. It's not impossible that Porsche could be swayed.

As I hear it, it was more VW looking at all the money other major manufacturers were making through license deals with the Bay films, and deciding they wanted in. So yes, it's possible we may owe MP Bumblebee to Michael Bay in a roundabout way.

MB13 posted:

Porsche is owned by Volkswagen.

Irrelevant. Volkswagen has no say whatsoever in what Porsche does with its brand. Porsche is 100% autonomous when it comes to what they license and allow their brand to do.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Now then, I just got Onslaught and the rest of the Combaticons, but It looks like I'm running into a bit of a problem and I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a common problem or not.

First off, Brawl.

There is a problem when I'm trying to peg him together. His swivel joint hip pops off and he hangs on by the pegs alone. Am I mistransforming him somehow? It does get to be a bit of a problem when I forget he has that issue and I'm trying to make him peg together in leg mode.

And secondly, Onslaught has a bit of an issue which I'm wondering if someone has experienced it before with him or Hot Spot.

As you can see in the first image, there is a bit of plastic that is present in the combiner joint gap in Onslaught's left leg, but it is not present in his right leg, as seen in the second image. This causes a problem with trying to push in a combiner there, as it can't go all the way, and so Bruticus tilts ever so slightly because of uneven length in the legs. Any notes on how to fix that?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
We owe a LOT to the bay films. Massive leaps in engineering technique forced by the Film aesthetics, the entire TF2010/RTS/HFTD lines, ROTF Leader Prime (really, 70% of the ROTF toyline)...

Yeah.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

Dats cool, got any pics or link?

$13 each before shipping. The WJ RID Bumblebee is incredible, it's huge and has serious heft. Pegs together better than my legit Hasbro one as well.

I have their RID Grimlock in my hold pile at ST but the deal with the girlfriend is preventing me from making him worthwhile to ship right now. Hopefully mid Feb I will have $300 worth of KO goodness coming my way.

I'm not holding out hope, but it would be awesome if they did this version of Drift in an oversize.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 8, 2016

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

drat, these guys do some fine upscaled KOs. I wish they appeared earlier so we could've gotten a large Prime Soundwave, maybe with some leg improvements.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Looks pretty darn good, IMO.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

drat, these guys do some fine upscaled KOs. I wish they appeared earlier so we could've gotten a large Prime Soundwave, maybe with some leg improvements.

Now that I have a new phone with a kickass camera I need to do some comparisons between the Bumblebee's. I was initially worried they'd quit doing this line but with the new guys out I'm confident they'll do Jazz and Sideswipe. And they'll probably fix the issues Sideswipe has when they do.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A bigger RiD Grimlock is a great idea, that mold is apparently super fun exploding elbows aside.

Keldroc posted:

Looks pretty darn good, IMO.

Cannon placement is a bit weird but well, they tried. Looks solid.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Goldskull posted:

I already have a fairly complete G1 Bruticus, but I couldn't resist the KO wacky gold bits & flourescent orange gun version for less than £12. Will it ever get here? Who knows! But I look forward to it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161922749981?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's Car Robots Valdigus colors, there's nothing all that wacky about it.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
So I picked up a few bots I'd been wanting to get for awhile this Christmas (Generations Springer, Roadbuster and Jetfire), and for the most part they're absolutely fantastic. I do have two problems though.

Springer's head doesn't quite fit through the gap when transforming him to car or helicopter. I have to really force it through, which leads to his head popping off the ball joint 90% of the time. I don't want to have to shave down his head crest, but it's looking like that might be the only way to fix this.

The other problem I'm not sure how to fix. One of Roadbuster's hips is really loose. If it were a ball joint, I know I can just apply some polish to it to make it stick better, but it's one of those peg things, and I don't know how to properly tighten that.

Other than that they're amazing figures and I'm glad I got them.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Don't force or cut Springer's head! There's this one silly angle it needs to be to go through an it's hard to describe, but it shouldn't bump into anything once you find it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yeah, you have to move Springer's head like halfway first.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So Hasbro will still be holding onto the toy rights for Frozen because Frozen 2 is coming out either next year or the year after, Transformers 5 is coming, they have two my little pony movies on the way, and 3 marvel movies and two star wars movies.

There's really nothing movie toywise coming out for hasbro that sounds like it will bomb.

Now if they could only do a proper Jem movie......

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

The Taint Reaper posted:

So Hasbro will still be holding onto the toy rights for Frozen because Frozen 2 is coming out either next year or the year after, Transformers 5 is coming, they have two my little pony movies on the way, and 3 marvel movies and two star wars movies.

There's really nothing movie toywise coming out for hasbro that sounds like it will bomb.

Now if they could only do a proper Jem movie......

Can we get a Miss Cleo like disclaimer added to all of your posts that says "For Entertainment Purposes Only" ?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

AoE's toyline most certainly underperformed. Hell, some of it's still warming pegs around here. I'd expect the same out of TF5's toyline if they continue their simplified philosophy with them. RotF was a little overboard with the complexity, sure, but AoE really pulled too far in the other direction.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Go Team Condiments!

Mustard! Ketchup! Mayo with relish! Together we make burgers better!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

RaspberryCommie posted:

The other problem I'm not sure how to fix. One of Roadbuster's hips is really loose. If it were a ball joint, I know I can just apply some polish to it to make it stick better, but it's one of those peg things, and I don't know how to properly tighten that.

Please explain more. Do you mean the "mushroom" peg on his thigh swivel? You can (Pledge Whatever It's Called, its Pledge floor wax!) floor wax that up, just detach it and apply a couple coats of floor wax, and put it back on when it's dried. It will create enough friction where you want it, and the rest will slough off, just like a ball joint.

Now, if it's the ratchet in his crotch, for the forward and back movements, you can unscrew his butt and put a little bit of paper or something like that in between the spring and the ratchet the spring controls. On either end of the spring will do, the a loose ratchet needs filler. (While a tight ratchet needs a little bit of the spring snipped off.)

The sideways hip movement is on metal pins, and that could be tricky. You can work floor wax in there, try to work it in the joint while moving and apply it with a Q-tip or something similar.

I hope it's the mushroom pegs, that would be easiest!

Phy posted:

Go Team Condiments!

yesssssssss

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

AoE's toyline most certainly underperformed. Hell, some of it's still warming pegs around here. I'd expect the same out of TF5's toyline if they continue their simplified philosophy with them. RotF was a little overboard with the complexity, sure, but AoE really pulled too far in the other direction.

They still made money over it. :colbert:

Phy posted:

Go Team Condiments!

Wheeljack is just Mayo

Hound is the relish....

Swindle is Deli Style Mustard.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Why is Swindle on Team Condiments?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

That's Car Robots Valdigus colors, there's nothing all that wacky about it.

Taint Reaped again. Never heard of them, but TFWiki tells me they're some obscure G2 repaint?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Goldskull posted:

Taint Reaped again. Never heard of them, but TFWiki tells me they're some obscure G2 repaint?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Car...Q_AUIBygC&dpr=1

They're from Original RID/Car Robots

the one with Omega Prime and 10 modes in 1 Galvatron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
:siren: HOLY poo poo CRAP There Might be a real Liokaiser :siren:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/01/07/first-look-upcoming-combiner-wars-liokaiser-307478

You will say "Hah that is same mold a nosecone, it is clearly more computron" butthenyouseedecepticonlogo.....