Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

tasslex posted:

Do we know when the update comes out? This terrible terrible Xbox One console I bought just to play RB4 doesn't seem to tell me when a game needs or has applied an update, and some cursory googling just tells me JANUARY.

I assume you mean The January Update (leaderboard wipe, exploit fixes). Just to manage expectations appropriately, what change(s) are you waiting for in particular? Just the leaderboard wipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Will said wipe also come along with the other vague leader board fixes they mentioned? Because my game still wont upload any scores period, and there's no way to re-establish a connection to rock central because the manual "connect to Xbox live" toggle is just about the millionth useful thing in RB3 that I guess just had to go.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

tasslex posted:

Do we know when the update comes out? This terrible terrible Xbox One console I bought just to play RB4 doesn't seem to tell me when a game needs or has applied an update, and some cursory googling just tells me JANUARY.

XboxOne owns once you get kinect

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Sir Tonk posted:

XboxOne owns once you get kinect

…said nobody else in the history of ever.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

It's not used for games, it's because all the functions on xbone are hidden and you have to say them out loud to find anything.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Orange Harrison posted:

you have to say them out loud

Loudly, and as though you are talking to a five year old non-native English speaker.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

My Kinect has been disconnected for a while now, but the voice recognition worked pretty well when I tried it (mainly for using the navigation system in Forza Horizon 2 and ragequitting Killer Instinct after the 275th time I lost to the bonus boss). Xbox Fitness was pretty nice as well, although using it would require me to rearrange all of the furniture in the living room because the Kinect's camera is apparently designed for people who live in airplane hangars.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
I just realized after playing "Arabella" on drums for the fifth time that there's no overdrive activation sections in like the last 30 seconds of the song, however you get half a bar of overdrive right before the ending guitar solo, so pretty much you always end up with half a bar of unused overdrive at the end of the song.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Skip a drum fill.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
I'm actually passing that along - I think I know what's up.

tasslex
Apr 23, 2003

He's watching YOU

pksage posted:

I assume you mean The January Update (leaderboard wipe, exploit fixes). Just to manage expectations appropriately, what change(s) are you waiting for in particular? Just the leaderboard wipe?
The leaderboard wipe is part of what I'm waiting for (I'm certainly not chasing anyone in THIS thread on guitar, but it's good to see how I rank on some drum songs), but I'm also keeping hope alive that this update will come with some legacy imports.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I just want to be able to Drum 'Maps' with my new cymbals...

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

I just realized after playing "Arabella" on drums for the fifth time that there's no overdrive activation sections in like the last 30 seconds of the song, however you get half a bar of overdrive right before the ending guitar solo, so pretty much you always end up with half a bar of unused overdrive at the end of the song.

I've found some of the rhetoric thrown around in this thread ridiculous, even as someone who skipped RB4, but hot drat that is basic Rock Band. That was even in the guide freely released for RBN authors IIRC.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

You can check out what I'm talking about near the end of this video (go to about 3:00 and watch to the end) https://youtu.be/1-rupg9Djr0

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I want my drat Rock Band 3 export, I did the calibration trophy on the PS3 version on Sunday and synced and it still says I'm ineligible

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

You can check out what I'm talking about near the end of this video (go to about 3:00 and watch to the end) https://youtu.be/1-rupg9Djr0

I saw that ages ago, but assumed it was some sort of deliberate feature for show/career mode at the time. Guess not!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
What the gently caress it's 2016 and I have to choose controller profiles in Amplitude instead of like PS2 where I could use whatever I wanted?

Not having L1/Triangle/R1 is really loving with my head and I keep losing streaks.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
I was surprised at that too, I was hoping for a specific combination of buttons but I found the last preset was pretty close to what I wanted so I settled with that.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Not sure how much of it will make it to the final patch, but Harmonix is busting their asses behind the scenes to respond to community feedback right now. Compared to right before and right after launch, this change in attitude is one of the most dramatic 180's I've ever seen.

OH I have no idea about your issue, is anyone else reporting the same problem? Can you repost the details beyond "scores aren't posting"?

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
They should extend it to Amplitude as well because that sounds pretty good.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

flyboi posted:

What the gently caress it's 2016 and I have to choose controller profiles in Amplitude instead of like PS2 where I could use whatever I wanted?

Not having L1/Triangle/R1 is really loving with my head and I keep losing streaks.

PS4 has a system level remapping function, so if there's not a profile that you can like, you can use that to get whatever you want.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

thefncrow posted:

PS4 has a system level remapping function, so if there's not a profile that you can like, you can use that to get whatever you want.

Oh poo poo I totally forgot PS4 does that now thanks for the suggestion!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Wait why is the Xbone better for RB4? I must have missed all of that.

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

BonoMan posted:

Because most people had 360s last gen, and the older games were better on the 360, so they'd need an Xbone to carry over their DLC.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
XB1 is only better for Rock Band because it was better in the previous generation, where a lot of people put their money into their libraries. That and maybe if you like being able to button-activate Overdrive on strings, I guess.

It's just generally where more people have their stake. If by some impossible miracle they'd pulled off inter-console music libraries I'd grab a PS4 in a heartbeat instead of indefinitely waiting for my value to move forward.

...woulda been a great week to push RB1 exports!

tasslex
Apr 23, 2003

He's watching YOU

Gaspar Lewis posted:

XB1 is only better for Rock Band because it was better in the previous generation, where a lot of people put their money into their libraries.
Yep, that's why I got one. The xbone console itself is pretty dogshit compared to the 360. I'm not a console warrior type, only switched from 360 to PS4 this gen because Sony simply seemed to have a better platform (and all my online gaming buddies agreed), and owning both I can say that's absolutely the case. I'd caution against getting an Xbone for RB4 unless your library is huge. Right now on mine with RB3 and Green Day exports (that's all we have so far, right?) I have about 850 DLC loaded up, so obviously it was worth it for me.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

tasslex posted:

Yep, that's why I got one. The xbone console itself is pretty dogshit compared to the 360. I'm not a console warrior type, only switched from 360 to PS4 this gen because Sony simply seemed to have a better platform (and all my online gaming buddies agreed), and owning both I can say that's absolutely the case. I'd caution against getting an Xbone for RB4 unless your library is huge. Right now on mine with RB3 and Green Day exports (that's all we have so far, right?) I have about 850 DLC loaded up, so obviously it was worth it for me.

I have a PS4, but haven't gotten RB4 yet. My library was built on the 360 though - and I felt like I had nearly a thousand songs. But I probably won't get a Bone just to port it over. Oh well.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BonoMan posted:

It's not if you bought all your DLC on PS3 like I did.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
What problems are y'all having with the new xbox? The UI is way better than Sony's and the TV functionality is really good, as well as being the only one with backwards compatibility and that sweet new controller. Any performance differences are negligible unless you're the type of person that has friends that're impressed by video card model numbers.

pksage posted:

Not sure how much of it will make it to the final patch, but Harmonix is busting their asses behind the scenes to respond to community feedback right now. Compared to right before and right after launch, this change in attitude is one of the most dramatic 180's I've ever seen.

OH I have no idea about your issue, is anyone else reporting the same problem? Can you repost the details beyond "scores aren't posting"?

Should've known that it was Pope holding them back all this time!

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 7, 2016

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Another thing they could have put out as DLC this week: the 30 Harmonix band preorder songs!

Except I bet those won't be out until at least all the exports are because of the songs that got tangled in.

What a mess! Oh well. Here's a cool song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_cmYDsBH-E

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Sweet new controller lmao

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
This thread is probably getting too console warrior-y but the 360/Bone controller is streets ahead of the dual shock.
Not that it matters for Rock Band.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

~Coxy posted:

This thread is probably getting too console warrior-y

…says the dude with the OS warrior custom title.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

If it weren't for my way too large collection of DLC, I would have definitely skipped the Xbox One completely. So far I've only been frustrated with the console.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
PS3 never got RBN and DLC was released on Thursday instead of Tuesday so it always felt like people who bought Rock Band on that system were given the short end of the stick. Now, aside from Xbone players needing to buy an addon to use their old instruments, things are pretty much equal between the two systems, but I'll still end up buying an Xbone for Rock Band 5 (whenever that's released) simply because it's cheaper than rebuying all of the several hundred songs I've already bought on 360.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
I think there's nothing wrong with having an opinion on which is better, whatever you own. I think that a lot of people jumped from one console family to another, at least (for richie rich types) as a first purchase, says a lot about how little "console warrior" stuff is going on.

The perceived gulf between the two has definitely shrank a great deal, at least to me as someone not yet invested in either; it's advantages and drawbacks, not any kind of "oh this sucks and is for morons" nonsense.

Someone with a pre-existing library should almost certainly go with whichever system carries it, and someone new to the game is going to have an approximately equal experience on either, give or take hardware and DLC marketplace foibles.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Gaspar Lewis posted:

What a mess! Oh well. Here's a cool song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_cmYDsBH-E

dang this is a good song/album, thanks

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
My Xbone takes like 5 min to go from off to song. My ps4 boots up Fallout 4 in much less time.

I wish somehow dlc could jump platforms so i could sell this piece of garbage. But for now, Xbone is my dedicated Rocksmith and Rock band device.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Maybe it's just that I never owned a PS console before, but I find the navigation on the PS4 confusing and not as straightforward as on the Xbox One. Besides that, last year I got both, and I used both, and I don't see a drat difference in the games. I got each console for games I wanted to play that were exclusive to those consoles, and the games were great, the consoles both delivered what I wanted. What's all this fighting about, really?

Sir Tonk posted:

Any performance differences are negligible unless you're the type of person that has friends that're impressed by video card model numbers.

Pfft, if you're not impressed by video card model numbers then you're clearly not dealing with the proper video cards. I have a 4GB GTX 970, which is a beast by most standards, and I'm emasculated by my close friend's 6GB GTX 980 Ti. And I'm sure he is impressed by guys with SLI Titans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I think if you buy a console and think of it as strictly secondary you're not going to get on with it. When people complain about the Xbone it sounds exactly like I felt about the PS3 last gen - I'd only turn it on long enough for the UI/controller/store to get on my nerves and then run back to the 360. Every console has its dumb quirks though, you have to spend a little time to get past them, which fortunately I've been able to do for the Xbone. I'm currently flipping between that and the PS4 without a problem.