Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indecisive
May 6, 2007

gunvolt seems like a well-done thing but I don't like how 90% of your damage is from a giant auto-aim seizure orb taking up half the screen the entire game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

FFVII 100%

I know this is a joke but FF7 any% legit owns bones.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The Halo 1 speedrun from a year or so ago was one of my favorite. I know Halo 4 isn't so great but I'm willing to give the speedrun a chance.

...actually I'll probably just keep watching Xcom 2.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
can we get another hour of shooting lightning at things please i dont think i understand the intricacies of this game yet

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Tell me more about the sub/dom little anime girls you loving trog

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

HoneyBoy posted:

this but unironically

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

HoneyBoy posted:

beat me to it. I need blechy to tell me about dom/sub like he explains speedruns.

e: An interesting mechanic is the "pain tolerance meter" you want it to stay in a sweetspot to achieve pleasure, saving you a lot of time.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm gonna play batman on my PlayStation Four console while I watch this garbage on my Apple iPad Product

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I picked up Talos Principle again and it's very good but also hard. I also tend to overthink it. It's fun.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

mangler103 posted:

World of Warcraft 100%

Let's do it.

A single game SGDQ would be pretty funny, if only for the resulting thread on SDA.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

mangler103 posted:

World of Warcraft 100%

Let's do it.

Donation bid war to pick the faction.

Mmann
Dec 1, 2007

Kyoon Was Right
12/21/12

Eonwe posted:

yes there was a good halo 1 run at a GDQ

I remember there being a Halo run at one of the early AGDQ's that did a donation incentive for legendary, and it went like 30 or 40 minutes over the estimate or something and messed up the entire schedule.

It was years ago so I could be remembering it wrong, I just know it was in the middle of the night and when I woke up the entire schedule had been pushed back.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Luceid posted:

can we get another hour of shooting lightning at things please i dont think i understand the intricacies of this game yet

it'd be better if you actually got new abilities but instead the rival character gets that gimmick lol

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Roflan posted:

Am I the only one who would never play a portable game system in public? I know they're meant to be played during downtime but... Well, then you end up looking like the people currently on the stream.

:ohdear: Oh gosh, I hope people don't see me playing video games on the internet stream of the video gaming marathon :ohdear:

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

drunken officeparty posted:

I want a glitchless 100% Paper Mario run next year please

I believe this will work, if glitches stay in, the object is completing the chalkboard in Mario's house, and it is the last run of the marathon. This would be my dream! :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mmann posted:

I remember there being a Halo run at one of the early AGDQ's that did a donation incentive for legendary, and it went like 30 or 40 minutes over the estimate or something and messed up the entire schedule.

It was years ago so I could be remembering it wrong, I just know it was in the middle of the night and when I woke up the entire schedule had been pushed back.

yea apparently he didnt practice for it at all, lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mmann posted:

there was a terrible one and then next marathon someone saved the good name of halo runs

i'll miss you anime

VORTAICU SHEN

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
whoa, advanced wars out of no where

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

gently caress yeah, Andy's theme from Advance Wars!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ramos posted:

gently caress yeah, Andy's theme from Advance Wars!

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Apparently stepmania was a thing that was played and I didn't see it

Was it as loving abysmal as I imagine it was

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
how long has the false ds dad been back

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Ramos posted:

gently caress yeah, Andy's theme from Advance Wars! Or is this Sami's? I can't remember.

Burned so many hours playing these games. Not sure if it's a good game to speedrun though.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

HoneyBoy posted:

yes lol

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

HoneyBoy posted:

it was technically super impressive since the dudes were really good at the game but they had a really bad taste in music so it wasn't fun to watch.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

HoneyBoy posted:

Depends. Do you like rapid clicking and anime music?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HoneyBoy posted:

it was very boring and the music sucked

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Why all the hate for stepmania? It seemed pretty skillful to not miss a single note in all those crazy patterns.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

nftyw posted:

Burned so many hours playing these games. Not sure if it's a good game to speedrun though.

Considering how on edge of seat exciting Fire Emblem was, I'm going with no.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Mmann posted:

There was a middle of the night Halo 2 run a couple years ago that was fantastic; I'm hoping it's the same guy doing this one.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Linux Dad waves to his fans.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Megafunk posted:

Why all the hate for stepmania? It seemed pretty skillful to not miss a single note in all those crazy patterns.

*watches arrows scroll past a black screen* wow this is ownage. save the animals

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
The crowd is gone, and the donations have hit a brick wall. I hope the people scheduling this are taking notes.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Megafunk posted:

dude had skills but it was presented in the most boring way possible

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Megafunk posted:

Malmsteen plays super fast and that's very skillful, but it bores the gently caress out of me. Stepmania was 30s of "wow these notes go real fast and the guy is hitting them" turned into "ugh stop the bad music".

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Megafunk posted:

I agree. It's just that he had abysmal music choice that was all bad dubstep remixes of probably decent anime songs. he did this one song that had anime girls screaming a bunch. it was from madoka and the original is really good but the remix was horrible.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

raditts posted:

:ohdear: Oh gosh, I hope people don't see me playing video games on the internet stream of the video gaming marathon :ohdear:

I meant in public in general. But clearly the answer is no.

Is Halo 4 the one that a lot of people soured on?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thank you very much-

DU DUD UDUUDUDUDU DUU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Zorglorfian posted:

I believe this will work, if glitches stay in, the object is completing the chalkboard in Mario's house, and it is the last run of the marathon. This would be my dream! :)

Speedrun.com has a category for 100% all collectibles (I don't remember what exactly his chalkboard tracks), although there's only 3 entrys and the fastest one is 6 hours. And they do use a few glitches.

And then there is a glitchless run, but they go straight for finishing levels instead of 100% collectibles.

Can't find any glitchless 100%. I suppose you could just call that "playing the game".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I guess i'm biased because I only caught the last 3 minutes or so of it.

• Locked thread