Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Every day I go into this thread thinking "maybe there was some actual new Touhou news this time"

I don't know why I never learn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ryza posted:

Appreciate Clownpiece.

Obey clownpiece

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

ProfessorProf posted:

Every day I go into this thread thinking "maybe there was some actual new Touhou news this time"

I know right? Comiket just happened too. What are the exciting new fan games, music, and PVs? I guess new Touhoumon is the big one so far.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ProfessorProf posted:

Well, there was the recent announcement of a new three fairies manga.

Also C89 just happened so the albums are slowly but surely popping up online. I'd post some but I'm on my phone.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Alright, time for some C89 music from some circles I like.

Liz Triangle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iskhd1gu9k

Zytokine remixed by Shibayan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JMjfCPdXes

Alstroemeria Records
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qggV1QK1c0

Eastnewsound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyT78sqj8Ls

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I want to be interested in Puppet Dance Performance, but I don't know anything about it. What makes it exciting? What sets it apart from other Touhou RPGs I've played like Devil of Decline and Touhou Labyrinth 2? Tell me about all the amazing things it does to drag the genre kicking and screaming into the 21st century, or whatever.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

its pokemon, but with touhou

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
It's pokemon with all the poo poo the nerds care about unobfuscated and also with your favorite touhous.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's got Clownpiece in it:

Also touhous in costumes:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ProfessorProf posted:

Justus posted:

I know right? Comiket just happened too. What are the exciting new fan games, music, and PVs? I guess new Touhoumon is the big one so far.

i always come here expecting a good thread, but nope all i get is clownpiece.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
There's also the next volume of WaHH coming out at the end of the month but that's probably not a huge deal anyway.

I get the whole "search danbooru for a nice piece of art to put as the background" but maybe they should take a moment to check if their chosen piece wasn't already the cover art for a completely unrelated album.

http://hatsunetsumikos.net/dwws/

(Also please support the original artists if you can)

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
All you need is Clownpiece

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

leather fedora posted:

There's also the next volume of WaHH coming out at the end of the month but that's probably not a huge deal anyway.

I get the whole "search danbooru for a nice piece of art to put as the background" but maybe they should take a moment to check if their chosen piece wasn't already the cover art for a completely unrelated album.

http://hatsunetsumikos.net/dwws/

(Also please support the original artists if you can)

For a moment i actually thought it was a Hatsunetsu post and i was about to approve of it, as a good song post, but then i realized the harsh truth.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Fantasy Puppet Dance Performance is a fun game and it doesn't really matter too much what you use, the game isn't very hard.

It will eventually be translated at some point, although the people in charge are somewhat completely insane so it won't be very good.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"

Freak Futanari posted:

For a moment i actually thought it was a Hatsunetsu post and i was about to approve of it, as a good song post, but then i realized the harsh truth.
Don't get me wrong, Zytokine is another absolutely phenomenal circle too (and HNM has even remixed a few of their songs) but c'mon.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

leather fedora posted:

IT IS TO ME

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ElMaligno posted:

Good

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

ElMaligno posted:

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
Same here, to be honest, since I don't buy the magazines it's serialized in and I've stopped following the scans.

I wish they'd include those short columns at the end where ZUN talks about his favorite bars though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

I want to be interested in Puppet Dance Performance, but I don't know anything about it. What makes it exciting? What sets it apart from other Touhou RPGs I've played like Devil of Decline and Touhou Labyrinth 2? Tell me about all the amazing things it does to drag the genre kicking and screaming into the 21st century, or whatever.

I liked it better than those two so you should play it.

leather fedora posted:

Depending on which touhous will be making appearances then it could actually be a very huge deal imo.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

True

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
Maybe there's some confusion here. By "volume" I meant "book" which is just a collection of chapters previously released in the comic magazines. There won't be any actual new content outside of maybe a few character setting pages or one-shot strips.

It's only not a big deal if you've been following the serialization/scans and have no intention to buy the book, whether because it's unavailable or otherwise.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

leather fedora posted:

Maybe there's some confusion here. By "volume" I meant "book" which is just a collection of chapters previously released in the comic magazines. There won't be any actual new content outside of maybe a few character setting pages or one-shot strips.

It's only not a big deal if you've been following the serialization/scans and have no intention to buy the book, whether because it's unavailable or otherwise.

Oh, since there hasn't been a new chapter in a while I thought the translations were being done from the volumes and not the magazine chapters. Nevermind then.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

clownpiece

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

leather fedora posted:

Here's to hoping for another mima teaser and a belated bar review nonetheless.

Oh, and

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

celeron 300a posted:

Here's to hoping for another mima teaser and a belated bar review nonetheless.

Wait, another? Did I miss something?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

leather fedora posted:

I wish they'd include those short columns at the end where ZUN talks about his favorite bars though.

Don't stalk ZUN at his favorite bars!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

leather fedora posted:

Don't get me wrong, Zytokine is another absolutely phenomenal circle too (and HNM has even remixed a few of their songs) but c'mon.

Update: I listened to the song and it was actually good (much like Clownpiece is) despite the misleading image

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

a cartoon duck posted:

Wait, another? Did I miss something?

How could you miss all the obvious hints that ZUN is making that Mima will be in the next game?

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Nages posted:

How could you miss all the obvious hints that ZUN is making that Mima will be in the next game?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Christmas passed and I completely forgot about this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqPljXAVxYc
It's the last PC-98 fake remake.

Man, Eternal Shrine Maiden is still one of the best songs in the series.
Can't believe it's been 4 years since these started. I'm kinda sad, I was used to knowing there would be some dumb new video every April/December. I'll miss 'em, especially those crazy finales.
I hope all of the OSTs get the full remix treatment like LLS did at least.

Nook posted:

Fantasy Puppet Dance Performance is a fun game and it doesn't really matter too much what you use, the game isn't very hard.

It will eventually be translated at some point, although the people in charge are somewhat completely insane so it won't be very good.
Seems like it already is?

Clarste posted:

It's got Clownpiece in it:

Unless that's only the old version, and the new Crystal/Emerald/Platinum version is in the works?

HGH fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 8, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That's just a photoshop I made. Although I'm pretty sure they've already released some sort of early patch (menus only?).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

some sort of game is fully translated since i've played it

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The original's translated, they said they'd start on the expansion once it gets a patch or two because it's really buggy or something?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

12th Touhou Popularity Poll is up now, remember to vote for Clownpiece. If you're willing to bother going through the Japanese site, anyway.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Reimu better steal back first place!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dang I can't navigate that site at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
It doesn't matter if she wins, Clownpiece will always be 1st in my heart.