Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

dogsicle posted:

i think it's a cool outfit for her, regardless of it being a reference or not

Victory Gundam continues ZZ's weird fashion choices and well, I cannot say I hate it.

I do question the Cravats with the military uniforms now. What is wrong with a good tight collar you hippies?

Part of me hopes Victory continues with this weird mish mash 19th century meets modern sci-fi throughout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Those loving wigs. Those awful, awful wigs.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I just finished Gundam Unicorn and I have never seen such a promising premise end in such a wet fart.

I'm probably a decade behind the times but I've always liked U.C. Gundam stuff and that was just a disappointment.

Insane Totoro fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 7, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sorry man :smith: welcome to the case of the Unicorn blues. Time to cherry pick what you liked from it and move on.

I nominate Puru 2 being the most annoying character to play in the 2nd Dynasty Warriors Gundam game due to the fact she exclaims how DARE you every time you use the ranged attack on somebody.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
They could have gone with anything other than "hey this thing we signed that took a lot of time and people to write and was recorded on live TV.... uh, yeah we erased one part of it. AND NO, NOBODY REMEMBERS ANYTHING ABOUT IT"

:psyduck:

I had assumed it would have been something that made sense like "the Federation fired the first shots in the One Year War through proxies via Zeon" or something... you know, that has current day real life analogies

Edit: UC Gundam Thunderbolt looks like stupid fun though!

Insane Totoro fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 7, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I really hope we get a late UC Gundam series where we follow one side who win and WHOOPS turns out they are the bad guys and they hollow out the Federation and set up the cluster gently caress that is the setting for Victory Gundam.

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

SeanBeansShako posted:

I really hope we get a late UC Gundam series where we follow one side who win and WHOOPS turns out they are the bad guys and they hollow out the Federation and set up the cluster gently caress that is the setting for Victory Gundam.

I would really like an OVA or something that basically just tells the story of SNRI from the meeting that decided that the Federation needed to ditch Anaheim all the way to the point where they declare they are BESPA.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Zeta Episode 9:

When I was a kid watching MSG on Toonami Kai was my favorite character. I love him doing espionage poo poo in the jungle while wearing a white suit so much.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

Zeta Episode 9:

When I was a kid watching MSG on Toonami Kai was my favorite character. I love him doing espionage poo poo in the jungle while wearing a white suit so much.

Kai is many people's favorite character.

The Origin is very clearly written from a perspective of "Man, I fuckin' love Kai."

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
That's because when poo poo goes bad, Amuro descends into paranoia, Char descends into nihilism, Bright descends into exhausted frustration, Kamille descends into anger, and Kai descends into sarcasm.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Episode 11:

So I'm guessing anybody who is some degree of friendly to Jerid is going to die? This is gonna be rough.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kanos posted:

That's because when poo poo goes bad, Amuro descends into paranoia, Char descends into nihilism, Bright descends into exhausted frustration, Kamille descends into anger, and Kai descends into sarcasm.

And then he kicks people with a Guncannon and pushes them off cliffs.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Kai is fantastic. Dubbed, subbed, Abridged and in Manga form in every appearance. Embrace the Kai.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Dangerous Person posted:

Episode 11:

So I'm guessing anybody who is some degree of friendly to Jerid is going to die? This is gonna be rough.

Pretty much!

All of Jerid's friends are killed by someone who doesn't even know his name.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh wow, space exile. Poor Fuala :smith:.

Not even Chronicle in his dumb ski mask three piece suit combo could make this less sad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Chronicle sucks and is dumb. The end.

I didn't feel that strongly one way or another about him until I got to Turn A. Seeing the magic of Harry Ord after wasting time with Chronicle really opens your eyes.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Go from Zeheart to Harry. It will change your life.

I just realized the one good thing about AGE: it finally got me to get off my rear end and watch Turn-A.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's pretty unfair to compare ANY char to Harry Ord. He's in a class of his own.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's pretty unfair to compare ANY char to Harry Ord. He's in a class of his own.

Someone else put it best that Harry isn't a Char clone, he's a Quattro clone.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Arcsquad12 posted:

And then he kicks people with a Guncannon and pushes them off cliffs.

In The Origin he clotheslines a Zaku and sticks with his Guncannon until the end, calling the GM a piece of poo poo and remaining faithful. And that's in The Origin, where the Guncannon isn't a Project V suit and is a mass produced piece of poo poo inferior to the Zaku 1.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Reds posted:

In The Origin he clotheslines a Zaku and sticks with his Guncannon until the end, calling the GM a piece of poo poo and remaining faithful. And that's in The Origin, where the Guncannon isn't a Project V suit and is a mass produced piece of poo poo inferior to the Zaku 1.

The Origin Guncannon gets a revamp using Project V technology at the same time as the GM is introduced, so from that point onwards he's basically driving a GM Cannon, but all that does is bring Kai being an ace back up to the same level of badass that he had in First Gundam, where the Guncannon wasn't a trashcan.

Also, to be fair, the stock Guncannon isn't that terrible, the main issue in that fight is that it has zero weapons capable of damaging Zaku Is because it is entirely kitted out for anti-personnel action (unlike the Zaku Is' anti-armour machine guns) and the pilots don't know how to fight mobile suits, because pre-OYW Federation MS doctrine was that they would be deployed against lightly-armed and -armoured infantry. Once they replaced the weaponry, it started holding its own in mid-range engagement, which is why Kai can shoot down Zaku IIs in it before the GM upgrade.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jan 8, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MonsieurChoc posted:

Maybe. But Chronicle still sucks.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Those loving wigs. Those awful, awful wigs.

"You see your majesty, this here space battleship is incredibly baller now it has two giant motorcycle wheels attached to the hull to enable sweet space wheelies. Why yes, my perriwig does make me look like a lovechild of Princes Charles II...."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Origin is interesting in that it is true to the show in that the White Base hierarchy of badassery is is like Amuro > Sayla > Kai. > Sleggar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hayato gently caress you Hayato loving fucker, as opposed to a lot of games and stuff where Hayato and Kai tend to be portrayed on somewhat equal ground.

That's a bit extreme but poor Hayato does get crapped on so much. He breaks down begging Amuro not to steal his wife and is so pathetic Zeon assassins hold off killing him because of it. (He does, to be fair, later get a chance to judo some assassins to save Amuro but still.)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't think anyone likes Hayato. I know I wouldn't complain if he was replaced wholesale by someone better. Like Job John.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I don't hate Hayato, he's just so so very bland. Plus he's stuck with the Guntank. Even his selection quote in DWG2 is hilariously pathetic.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Hayato's pretty much doomed to be a loser since he cries about how he's not as good as amuro and is clearly fraw's silver medal.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Monaghan posted:

Hayato's pretty much doomed to be a loser since he cries about how he's not as good as amuro and is clearly fraw's silver medal.

I bet Fraw wondered sometimes she didn't go with Kai. She could be running around the jungle in smart white business suit tripping dudes up and racing race cars instead of being step mother to Asteroid bait.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kai grew up to be James Bond. He would never stay tied down to Fraw.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Kai grew up to be James Bond. He would never stay tied down to Fraw.

A Moneypenny in that time line, a wife to a sad sack musuem head in another poor Fraw is doomed to always be friend zoned by Amuro.

Also, dear god Victory Gundam is horryfying when they try to animate noses at a certain angle. What wrong with you faaaaaaaaace.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hayato almost made me feel bad in ZZ for Katz's death. Heartbreaking scene even if Katz was garbage.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Hayato almost made me feel bad in ZZ for Katz's death. Heartbreaking scene even if Katz was garbage.

Poor guy, then he got a colony dropped on him.

Did we ever found out what happened to Fraw and the adopted former space orphans after ZZ/CCA?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

Poor guy, then he got a colony dropped on him.

Did we ever found out what happened to Fraw and the adopted former space orphans after ZZ/CCA?

No, and honestly I prefer it that way.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
I'm feeling nostalgic after being destroyed by Unicorn.

Can I legally stream the original Mobile Suit Gundam anywhere? I've been searching all over but is this one of those dumb Japanese "YOU MUST BUY THE DVDS" sort of situations?

Like I would gladly pay $20 to watch it all on Amazon Video or something....... Didn't think it would be this difficult to give them some money.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Droyer posted:

No, and honestly I prefer it that way.

I don't - Letz was loving hardcore for a five-year-old.

They brought the wrong Kobayashi onto the Argama in Zeta.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

Insane Totoro posted:

I'm feeling nostalgic after being destroyed by Unicorn.

Can I legally stream the original Mobile Suit Gundam anywhere? I've been searching all over but is this one of those dumb Japanese "YOU MUST BUY THE DVDS" sort of situations?

Like I would gladly pay $20 to watch it all on Amazon Video or something....... Didn't think it would be this difficult to give them some money.

kissanime dot com

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

slightpirate posted:

kissanime dot com

He said legally

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Droyer posted:

He said legally

Legally, in some form of HD or otherwise :v:

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
I assume Crunchyroll would have MSG up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

slightpirate posted:

I assume Crunchyroll would have MSG up?

Believe it or not they don't have any of the Gundam series other than the newest one.