Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

cash crab posted:

1) Do you know this person?
1a) If so, how do you know this person?
2a) Has this person, if you know them, revealed you to the reason they have not fixed their capslock button?
2) What is a Satan particle?
3) What is a pentaquark?

1) No. I know the respondent.
2) No idea.
3) Even less of an idea, but it sounds like a Muppet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
“Tonight, we try 40 Tera Electron Volts,” Father announced.

http://www.conspiracyclub.co/2015/10/31/a-physicist-at-cern-done-something-wrong/

Fascinating short story! I mean, scientific article from a real physicist.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Pentaquark is a legit thing, though I think theoretical at this point? Basicaly five quarks stuck together, I think I saw it on one of those University of Notthingham youtubes.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

mng posted:

“Tonight, we try 40 Tera Electron Volts,” Father announced.

http://www.conspiracyclub.co/2015/10/31/a-physicist-at-cern-done-something-wrong/

Fascinating short story! I mean, scientific article from a real physicist.

My cousin works at Cern and I think I'm going to pick her brain so I can write an SCP as well. Or I can just make up a bunch of bullshit, that works too!

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Cosima posted:

Oh yeah Julie Rhame? You heard he rubbed onions under his eyes did you? From who? Did the guy in charge of handing Obama some last minute notes catch him in the act and blast off quick a fb message to your aunt Ruth post haste?

Let's break down this accusation. You are saying that Obama faked tears for children murdered by guns. Why would he need to fake tears? Because he doesn't actually give a poo poo, that they died so nuts could own guns? Isn't that exactly what they want?

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

EvilGenius posted:

Let's break down this accusation. You are saying that Obama faked tears for children murdered by guns. Why would he need to fake tears? Because he doesn't actually give a poo poo, that they died so nuts could own guns? Isn't that exactly what they want?

I bet they think the tears are fake because they think he organized the Sandy Hook shooting. If you didn't know that Sandy Hook truthers exist and are known for harassing the families of the deceased children, demanding the truth, then I have some sad news for you.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I bet they think the tears are fake because they think he organized the Sandy Hook shooting. If you didn't know that Sandy Hook truthers exist and are known for harassing the families of the deceased children, demanding the truth, then I have some sad news for you.

God bless America.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

This is so true! Assault rifles today fire a single hand forged ball per shot every 90 seconds and misfire in every third shot.

I think if whichever of the Founding Fathers looked at firearms today, with the exception of hunting rifles, they would pretty explicitly be like, "yeah we did not mean for you to carry that around."

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
The thing that gets me is that it's the fringe of the fringe that say "ban all guns." Most of the time it's as simple as "Maybe we should make these ever so slightly harder to obtain."

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Too bad I only got Swedish nut cases in my feed because I've seen some ignorant poo poo these last days. Don't be sad, 'muricans. We in Communist Sweden has our fair share of right-wing "not ALL men! Except them Moslems ofc" idiots to go around.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Tracula posted:

The thing that gets me is that it's the fringe of the fringe that say "ban all guns." Most of the time it's as simple as "Maybe we should make these ever so slightly harder to obtain."

It's a slippery slope from there, man! If you make them slightly harder to obtain, then that opens the door to making them acceptably difficult to obtain! Then people who want guns will just go through the quick-and-easy, risk-free black market networks to get them! If you make it inconvenient to get a gun, then only those who have actually put thought into buying a gun will have guns!

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Right now, putting Vicks VapoRub on your feet to "cure" a cough is trending on Facebook. I'm not sure why. But Frank N Furter here is about to drop some plague plaque knowledge on you. Stick some onions on your feet, too! Them changing color is totally unrelated to the fact that they'll be sitting at body temperature for 8 hours. So proven, they even used them during a time when they totally knew about bacteria in the air* and only killed 30-60% of the population.

*not even the method of transmission!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DemeaninDemon posted:

Conclusion: slaves build better sky scrapers.

Imagine what would happen if you paid them.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:laffo: Yeah let's get back to the miasma theory of disease. Truly sickness is due to bad air so let's fresh it up with a nice bowl of onions. I would also like how he thinks the onion will manage to draw bacteria out of the body.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Fathis Munk posted:

:laffo: Yeah let's get back to the miasma theory of disease. Truly sickness is due to bad air so let's fresh it up with a nice bowl of onions. I would also like how he thinks the onion will manage to draw bacteria out of the body.

Onions grow under the earth so they can help balance his black bile, duh. Now if he wanted to balance his yellow bile I'm not sure exactly what he should do?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Eponine posted:

Right now, putting Vicks VapoRub on your feet to "cure" a cough is trending on Facebook. I'm not sure why. But Frank N Furter here is about to drop some plague plaque knowledge on you. Stick some onions on your feet, too! Them changing color is totally unrelated to the fact that they'll be sitting at body temperature for 8 hours. So proven, they even used them during a time when they totally knew about bacteria in the air* and only killed 30-60% of the population.

Oxidation?! What is this madness?! You mean to say the air we breath is reactive and not just phlogiston?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I caramelized some onions last night for dinner. You wouldn't BELIEVE how many toxins that butter had. Those onions were completely brown!

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Eponine posted:

I think if whichever of the Founding Fathers looked at firearms today, with the exception of hunting rifles, they would pretty explicitly be like, "yeah we did not mean for you to carry that around."

Or maybe not; maybe they would be like "Hell yeah dude everyone who can obtain it should have the power to kill as many as he can as fast as he can!!" That doesn't mean that's how modern-day America should be run. There's lots of stuff the founding fathers did that America later decided to let go of, like not letting women and non-whites vote.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Fathis Munk posted:

Also a cold or flu is most likely the result of a virus, so pulling bacteria out of your feet (the best place for them to come out, imo), is not gonna help your chest cold go away.

By the way, the reason they say to put the Vicks on the feet of children is that it allows for the mentholated vapors to disperse and reduce the risk your kid licking it off in the middle of the night when they're bored.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Saw this poo poo on the Daily Show where they showed clips of Fox News attacking the president for crying when talking about dead kids. It is remarkable how out of the way people would go to make compassion look bad. You would think that their would be some introspection, like you don't have to like the president but at least acknowledge that when he is talking about dead children and crying that isn't a bad thing.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

yeah but I actually kinda laughed at this.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Saw this poo poo on the Daily Show where they showed clips of Fox News attacking the president for crying when talking about dead kids. It is remarkable how out of the way people would go to make compassion look bad. You would think that their would be some introspection, like you don't have to like the president but at least acknowledge that when he is talking about dead children and crying that isn't a bad thing.

And yet Putin gets no grief for crying.

I think that was during the Soviet national anthem or something though. So maybe tears of joy are cool.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Imo that's a pretty valid point to show how dumb the regulations around both those things are :confused:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

WAAAY the gently caress back, but there's a point no one addressed:

They didn't have as many or as severe peanut allergies in this guy's time. The current medical supposition is that it comes from less peanuts being eaten during pregnancy, leading to less development of tolerance during development.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Krispy Kareem posted:

And yet Putin gets no grief for crying.

I think that was during the Soviet national anthem or something though. So maybe tears of joy are cool.

Tears of patriotism are just expected.

ihatechesspieces
Jan 2, 2013

I come from a (small) town in ARKANSAS

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I'm the second Arkansas that doesn't even completely cover up the previous state name.

The VArkansas if you will.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

ihatechesspieces posted:

AMERICA EXPLAIN

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
small
I come from a town in [SOUTHERN STATE] where we have an eclectic set of non-specific, generally southern regionalisms that I find to be endearing. Repost if you're from [SOUTHERN STATE]!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I used to go outside barefoot a lot. Then I got extremely stubborn plantar warts that had to be removed with laser surgery and I realized, hey, maybe there's a reason we've been wearing shoes for almost ten thousand years now.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Eponine posted:

Life tip: Whatever they did in the Middle Ages, do like, pretty much the opposite of that.

I love her

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

cash crab posted:

Life tip: Whatever they did in the Middle Ages, do like, pretty much the opposite of that.

I love her

The best plague treatment that did work was being told to sit between two blazing fires for several months. Definitely gonna kill your gas bill, though.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I used to go outside barefoot a lot. Then I got extremely stubborn plantar warts that had to be removed with laser surgery and I realized, hey, maybe there's a reason we've been wearing shoes for almost ten thousand years now.

Shoulda put VapoRub on your feet.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ihatechesspieces posted:

Pulling over for ambulances and processions: an Arkansas thing

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

There's pretty much an 'Obama is the new Hitler' share from him every day now.

At least you guys don't have to be directly related to him and have to spend time with him when you go to see your friends back home. :negative:
On the plus side... I escaped the deep south?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

subpar anachronism posted:

There's pretty much an 'Obama is the new Hitler' share from him every day now.

At least you guys don't have to be directly related to him and have to spend time with him when you go to see your friends back home. :negative:
On the plus side... I escaped the deep south?

Ask him if he thinks guns are more important than children. Post his answer here.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Didn't gun ownership increase during the third reich? Isn't the whole "Hitler took guns away" thing total hogwash?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Madkal posted:

Ask him if he thinks guns are more important than children. Post his answer here.

Considering last time I went back to visit my folks, he asked me to pick up something off the floor under his bed for him and instead the first thing I found was a loaded gun loosely wrapped in a bedsheet pointing me in the face (that he neglected to warn me about until I started pulling the towel out to throw in the laundry :downs:), I assume the answer is 'yes', at least for his own kids.

e: for bonus bootstraps

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 19:28 on Jan 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

SpacePig posted:

small
I come from a town in [SOUTHERN STATE] where we have an eclectic set of non-specific, generally southern regionalisms that I find to be endearing. Repost if you're from [SOUTHERN STATE]!

Most of that stuff is the same all across the US. With the exception of Buggys, the regionalisms are much the same in the Twin Cities. I wish I could say that Minnesotans don't beat the poo poo out of their kids but I have several acquaintances that say their parents kicked their rear end six ways from Sunday for disrespecting Bud Grant and not shutting up when Don Shelby was on 'CCO. Oddly enough, they don't beat their own kids.