Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

Is it theater nerds who call in SWAT teams as a hilarious prank so often that there's a word for it now?

no theatre nerds are the ones who think a rap musical about Alexander Hamilton is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I'm going to call the cops on this thread in a second if yall can't shut up about your boring opinions, in my opinion.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

If you can't express your misguided rage for critically acclaimed entertainment that you haven't seen, what's the point of the internet?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Hamilton't, just my two cents.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
this discussion alone has cemented 2016 as the worst year of my life

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

i really miss hollywood handbook

i was thinking about buying some stuff from audible, does hh have a code for that?
i went to buy some audio books so i found it, it's actually https://www.audible.com/hollywood

i'm just gonna buy audiobooks until hollywood handbook comes back

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Sorry you guys like dumb poo poo I guess, but there was no reason to expect otherwise is the OFFICIAL hollywood handbook megafan megathread.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This is good

http://trainerforthestarsseekingstars.org/

cams
Mar 28, 2003

its good to know that my favorite west wing obsessive is branching out to other things i deeply love

http://seventeenpeople.com/

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Just now listening to last week's I4H, and the band even just comes in to play tracks from their CD like what Besser was bitching about some of them expecting to do, if I remember correctly. Anyways Holland and Morris are still great.

New Hollywood Halfbook.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Sorry you guys like dumb poo poo I guess, but there was no reason to expect otherwise is the OFFICIAL hollywood handbook megafan megathread.

Kill ys

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
He mentioned them specifically doing that in the Christmas Carol episode. It's even more awkward hearing the CD audience cheering as they start taking again.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hey Earwolf guys, I love this thread and I just wanted to share my new podcast, its a musical rap podcast about the life and times of James K Polk and I think you will all lov-

oh...

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
The Napoleon of the stump? Where's the feed?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Has andrew ti ruled in on hamilton yet?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
re: I Was There Too.

Reruns of a podcast? Really?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

power botton posted:

Has andrew ti ruled in on hamilton yet?

Andrew did not make a snap judgement on twitter and pointed me to his suggestion form so the jury is still out.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

UP AND ADAM posted:

I get so excited when I see the "new" label in beyondpod, only to be let down by Mr Gourley. It wouldn't be a problem if this was a long running podcast, but I feel like I just recently listened from the beginning. TOO SOON

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

That reminds me of the weird thing HDTGM was doing where it was putting up episodes of Bitch Sesh as "bonus episodes"

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

power botton posted:

Andrew did not make a snap judgement on twitter and pointed me to his suggestion form so the jury is still out.

drat, this is going to be a thinker

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

UP AND ADAM posted:

When he decided to do it he was under the impression that the Howl paywall was actually going to exist.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah it was actually a pretty baller pro-audience move on Gourley's part.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I wonder where Besser buried the body of the UCB intern who interrupted the last scene of today's I4H.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Finally got around to the milk carton kids ep of I4H, really really good one.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

UP AND ADAM posted:

Just now listening to last week's I4H, and the band even just comes in to play tracks from their CD like what Besser was bitching about some of them expecting to do, if I remember correctly. Anyways Holland and Morris are still great.

New Hollywood Halfbook.

Yeah the band played super sad songs from record in between explaining that they think they're very bad at being a band but all the scenes were amazing.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone do an edit without the music/poet guest of I4H? That seems like it would be a good thing.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
30 fast forward is your friend

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

The Ape of Naples posted:

Does anyone do an edit without the music/poet guest of I4H? That seems like it would be a good thing.
if only there was a way to fast-forward podcasts, it's such a bummer that the technology just isn't there yet

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

^ People using the Apple podcast app probably think this is literally true. Or have they updated it? Back when I used my old iPhone as a glorified iPod touch, it was the worst app ever. Limited player, terrible at updating feeds and downloading episodes. A real piece of poo poo.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They updated it a few times. It's ok but not great. It seems to download and update feeds pretty well nowadays.

I mostly listened to podcasts when I was driving to work and never wanted to take my eyes off the road to fast forward so I just skipped episodes that I knew I'd want to fast forward through.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's weird how podcast ad breaks are longer than the ones on TV now

I think I would actually die without the ability to fast forward

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Help Im Alive posted:

"Hey guys, do you have a small bus-""Squarespace lets you-""-.com and enter offer code-""Hey guys, do you like snack-"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't mind listening to an ad that's a minute, maybe a minute and a half. But there have been times on CBB and SPONT that feel like they're over, like, 5 minutes. There's no way I'm sitting through all of that poo poo to hear about mattresses and poo poo.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SpacePig posted:

I don't mind listening to an ad that's a minute, maybe a minute and a half. But there have been times on CBB and SPONT that feel like they're over, like, 5 minutes. There's no way I'm sitting through all of that poo poo to hear about mattresses and poo poo.

I always listen to SPONT's ads, because PFT usually does some fun character work with them (Cher, Sam Elliot, what have you,) but I always skip them on CBB. Scott simply doesn't add a lot to the copy.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I almost never enjoy "funny" podcast ads. It makes you raise up your listener defenses, and they almost never give you what you listen to the podcast for.

Exception: the Hollywood Handbook ads that are dripping with contempt for the sponsor. Those are exactly what I listen to the podcast for.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I love the part in the last Scuzzman HH episode where Sean, who had been sticking to his character of Scuzzman's new crass best friend, totally dropped it for a moment to grouse about not getting a free mattress from the mattress sponsor. I hope he can stop Grinding for a week and do his drat podcast this month.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

wafflesnsegways posted:

Exception: the Hollywood Handbook ads that are dripping with contempt for the sponsor. Those are exactly what I listen to the podcast for.

The story that Hayes told on Best Show about having to apologize to QuickBooks for pedophilia in the ad read was great.

"I told [Earwolf] that they were crazy, we didn't do that; then I listened to the ad and right off the bat Sean starts talking about sleeping with your accountant's kid."

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I've kinda given up on Who Charted, but this week's with Steven Brody Stevens an Elle Wood was a complete disaster. Brody gets a call right at the start of the show from the head of XM, Howard razzes him to not take the call, and Brody is shook for the rest of the ep. That show is falling apart.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

The story that Hayes told on Best Show about having to apologize to QuickBooks for pedophilia in the ad read was great.

"I told [Earwolf] that they were crazy, we didn't do that; then I listened to the ad and right off the bat Sean starts talking about sleeping with your accountant's kid."

I liked the story PFT told on the CBB best ofs about how Lauren Lapkus asked him why so many people were messaging her about eating her hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

JethroMcB posted:

Got a link to that episode of the reality SHOW!!! show/Hollywood Handbook: An Insider's Guide to Kicking Butt and Taking Names in the Red-Carpet-Lined Back Hallways of this Industry we call Showbiz?