Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hitchensgoespop posted:

Do we know for sure, that TV stannis is dead?

Nope! IF you don't see them die on TV then they are never dead. The only exceptions to this have been Tara from True Blood and Arnold Rothstein in Boardwalk Empire (but his was because of a timeskip).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The viewers guide confirms that Stan was killed by one Brienne maid of Tarth.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Hmmmmm..........

But seriously, though, they were "really super serious guys, jon is dead, hes cut his hair and everything.." and hes coming back, everyone seems pretty convinced stannis was killed yet hes in the same boat as jon, death off screen and "..yes, hes super dead, you sort of saw it didnt you.."

to be clear, im on the fence but im remaining open minding till in know otherwise, i.e i see his head rolling about in the snow

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I think they just ran out of budget in the last episode, everything was so rushed and lovely. Like they cut from that giant army surrounding Stannis's band of merry men, then cut to survivors being hunted down in a forest (how'd they get there/out from that mas of people? what happened in the battle? who knows?).

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
They never said Jon was not coming back, they said he's dead.

Also Dillane hasn't filmed anything for the coming season while Harrington did.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Stannis being alive would both be interesting and also make Ramsay slightly less godlike, therefore it certainly won't be happening.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
what was all that stuff about kit harrington cutting his hair and saying that his last day was sad etc..

Heres the quote from fit kit himself

""I had a sit-down with Dan [Weiss] and David [Benioff], we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they're being whacked.]. And they said, 'Look, you're gone, it's done'," he told Entertainment Weekly."

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

Hmmmmm..........

But seriously, though, they were "really super serious guys, jon is dead, hes cut his hair and everything.." and hes coming back, everyone seems pretty convinced stannis was killed yet hes in the same boat as jon, death off screen and "..yes, hes super dead, you sort of saw it didnt you.."

to be clear, im on the fence but im remaining open minding till in know otherwise, i.e i see his head rolling about in the snow

I believe there's been a bunch of official confirmations of Stannis's death, like a memorial image made for every dead character, that Jon notably did not get.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Botnit posted:

Stannis being alive would both be interesting and also make Ramsay slightly less godlike, therefore it certainly won't be happening.

Not sure what would be interesting about it. They killed his army and Mel abandoned him. There's kinda nothing left for him to do.

At least in the books he'll have an army to say gently caress you to Jon and Mel with.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nope! IF you don't see them die on TV then they are never dead. The only exceptions to this have been Tara from True Blood and Arnold Rothstein in Boardwalk Empire (but his was because of a timeskip).

Well, and Ned Stark.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Ginette Reno posted:

Not sure what would be interesting about it. They killed his army and Mel abandoned him. There's kinda nothing left for him to do.

At least in the books he'll have an army to say gently caress you to Jon and Mel with.

"I swear by season 7 this show will basically be the Lannisters/Boltons/Freys holding gay orgies in King's Landing while Stannis and Davos conjure up a plan every episode to fuk them up but at the last minute it gets fuked up like Pinky and the Brain."

What could have been.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

computer parts posted:

Well, and Ned Stark.

He's coming back this season dude. A younger and stronger version even.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Solice Kirsk posted:

He's coming back this season dude. A younger and stronger version even.

Typical ageism casting from Hollywood.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Stannis could always die but still win the battle. Or killed after the battle by someone. I can't remember if Davos is with him in the books, but I could see Stannis taking a mortal wound (arrow through the eye to get some classic Kingly death in here) and giving command over to Davos who wins the battle.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

twistedmentat posted:

Stannis could always die but still win the battle. Or killed after the battle by someone. I can't remember if Davos is with him in the books, but I could see Stannis taking a mortal wound (arrow through the eye to get some classic Kingly death in here) and giving command over to Davos who wins the battle.

Davos was off to find Rickon, Theon & Asha are there though.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, everyone thinks Davos is dead.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

computer parts posted:

Davos was off to find Rickon, Theon & Asha are there though.

Oh right, I can't believe I forgot that. Well then never mind. Unless something happens and he gives the army to Asha or something.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Or he just gets beat by Ramsey.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Or he just gets beat by Ramsey.

Yeah, that's gonna be what happens. And then Jon comes down and lays waste to the remains and then Rayder does.....something. But then Asha and Theon have to escape and Jeyne Poole probably stays behind and....Ugh, I hate the loving books. He bitched about the Meeeeerrrreeeeneessee Knot and yet actively created this northern poo poo show.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I don't see why people get upset about Brienne killing Stannis. It's fitting for her or Loras to be his final killer. Unless you want irony of some sort and Melisandre does it or something.

But thematically it fits just fine.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
It makes me wonder what the endgame role for Davos is. What are they gonna do with him in the show? Is he gonna go fetch Rickon for Jon? Is he just gonna sorta stand next to Jon for the rest of the series? What was the point of bringing him and Stannis to the Wall, just to save Jon and bring Melisandre in place?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hanales posted:

I don't see why people get upset about Brienne killing Stannis. It's fitting for her or Loras to be his final killer. Unless you want irony of some sort and Melisandre does it or something.

He didn't actually have to die. Especially not then.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

hanales posted:

Because it's ridiculous for her to be present for the battle? She's just walking alone from Kings Landing all the way up to Winterfell for no reason and randomly is the only person to locate and find the king after a battle when every survivor on both sides should be hunting him down.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

He didn't actually have to die. Especially not then.

Of course he has to die. He's done really awful things. Dying alone in the snow is a pretty kind death for him honestly.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

Because it's ridiculous for her to be present for the battle? She's just walking alone from Kings Landing all the way up to Winterfell for no reason and randomly is the only person to locate and find the king after a battle when every survivor on both sides should be hunting him down.

How is that honestly any more ridiculous than her wandering the river lands for months. Or Sam brushing up against arya and bran. Or any of the other of completely ridiculous coincidences and occur in these novels.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

hanales posted:

How is that honestly any more ridiculous than her wandering the river lands for months. Or Sam brushing up against arya and bran. Or any of the other of completely ridiculous coincidences and occur in these novels.

Whats ridiculous about her wandering the riverlands? Thats what knights do. At least Sam was actually where those characters existed, he didnt need to teleport across enemy occupied land to get somewhere.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

lifts cats over head posted:

And then Melisandre says: "It looks like...baked potato is on the menu" :smug:

:vince:

I wonder when/if we'll see Melisandre without her glamour spell. That's one of the minor book mysteries that I really want answered. What the gently caress IS she?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Mouse Dresser posted:

I wonder when/if we'll see Melisandre without her glamour spell. That's one of the minor book mysteries that I really want answered. What the gently caress IS she?

George R R Martin.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Mouse Dresser posted:

A merman. Or a kraken. Possibly a unicorn. She may be Moonboy, for all we know.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Mike N Eich posted:

It makes me wonder what the endgame role for Davos is. What are they gonna do with him in the show? Is he gonna go fetch Rickon for Jon? Is he just gonna sorta stand next to Jon for the rest of the series? What was the point of bringing him and Stannis to the Wall, just to save Jon and bring Melisandre in place?
He'll probably die this season retrieving Rickon from the Umbers. Same as Mel will probably die in Jon's resurrection. In the books, yeah, he'll probably stand around and do nothing, given how Martin doesn't have to pay an actor and doesn't have a limited time budget to distribute.

E: it's like - the first principle of the show is the Law of Preservation of Screentime and Budget. Want Euron? Stannis has to die first to free the resources. A character plot has come to an end? Kill them off to free the resources. And so on.

meristem fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 9, 2016

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Mike N Eich posted:

He might be involved with the Ironborn plot line since boats are his thing.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I figure Davos will: be Jon's new sidekick, kill Melisandre when he finds out about Shireen, die heroically against White Walkers because the White Walkers need to kill a major character.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Davos might just go on a solo adventure so we can see all the weird poo poo going down in Skagos while he looks for rickon and company

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

hemophilia posted:

Davos might just go on a solo adventure so we can see all the weird poo poo going down in Skagos while he looks for rickon and company

Show-Rickon went to Last Hearth.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

hemophilia posted:

That sounds bettwr than whatever the showrunners could come up with

kater
Nov 16, 2010

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

He might be involved with the Ironborn plot line since boats are his thing.

This is the most ridiculous thing and i instantly believe it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Mouse Dresser posted:

Why does she have to be anything? Its not like Thoros is. I think its better if shes just some chick without an elaborate disguise.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Lycus posted:

Show-Rickon went to Last Hearth.

Really? Don't know why I don't remember that. That's a bummer. Whatever is gonna happen will probably suck then.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

zVxTeflon posted:

Why does she have to be anything? Its not like Thoros is. I think its better if shes just some chick without an elaborate disguise.

There's been too many oblique reference in both the show and the books (and by the actress) that Melisandre has been kicking around for 100+ years for it not to turn out that she is actually decrepit old fire zombie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

In It For The Tank posted:

There's been too many oblique reference in both the show and the books (and by the actress) that Melisandre has been kicking around for 100+ years for it not to turn out that she is actually decrepit old fire zombie.

What?

• Locked thread