Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I guess Abbott is going to unveil some plan to defeat Obama's anti gun conspiracy but I'm really posting this because of the hashtag:

Oh no Australia :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

peengers posted:

As an example, my neighbor. He was a police officer that was plowed by a truck while on a bike and is disabled and retired, with a brain injury that gives him the mentality of an 8 year old with anger management issues. He's on massive doses of pain pills, antidepressants, and Xanax - were he to stop getting his meds he would die from benzo withdrawal. He's also a friend of the family hating tea party patriot and is infatuated with guns, and his retired status gets him a ccw with basically no paperwork. He's voting for trump.

That right there is the embodiment of people that don't want registries, and don't want more restrictions on gun ownership.

Do you live in my neighborhood?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

peengers posted:

That right there is the embodiment of people that don't want registries, and don't want more restrictions on gun ownership.

And the embodiment of someone that shouldn't be within 500 miles of a firearm.

But 'veterans!' or 'blue lives matter' or something.

My wife engaged a relative on FB about them making fun of Obama's tears, and basically took them to task for lacking empathy. Their response was 'I DON'T REMEMBER OBAMA CRYING OVER DEAD SOLDIERS. SOME PEOPLE ARE SO GULLIBLE.'

:ughh:

Veteran/Police masturbation among the anti-government types is hilariously ironic and scary.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The President has vetoed H.R.3762, the Restoring Americans' Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act of 2015.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Joementum posted:

The President has vetoed H.R.3762, the Restoring Americans' Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act of 2015.

Man, they really know how to name their bills, don't they?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

LeeMajors posted:

But 'veterans!' or 'blue lives matter' or something.

My wife engaged a relative on FB about them making fun of Obama's tears, and basically took them to task for lacking empathy. Their response was 'I DON'T REMEMBER OBAMA CRYING OVER DEAD SOLDIERS. SOME PEOPLE ARE SO GULLIBLE.'

:ughh:

Veteran/Police masturbation among the anti-government types is hilariously ironic and scary.

They're not anti-government. People like that would be 100% OK with fascism so long as it was white nationalists controlling the government. See also: Donald loving Trump.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...b65cf3214b0773d

DC police caught a guy with a truck full of guns and a machete who said he was going to abduct Obama's dog. He also said he was both the son of Marilyn Monroe and JFK and Jesus Christ.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

DemeaninDemon posted:

They're not anti-government. People like that would be 100% OK with fascism so long as it was white nationalists controlling the government. See also: Donald loving Trump.

Fair enough. I'd agree that they're anti-'any government that represents any interest other than my own,' which is to say anti-democratic.

Luigi Thirty posted:

He also said he was both the son of Marilyn Monroe and JFK and Jesus Christ.

That's a pretty compelling devil's threeway.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Joementum posted:

RAHFRA isn't a very fun acronym :colbert:

Ben Carson's newest anecdote: "I am the dumbest person in the world (according to my elementary school classmates)."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WHOOPS posted:

It was originally Restoring Americans' Healthcare Official Working Act of 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Me, as well.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
A black guy in "Muslim garb" shot a cop in West Philly and the shooter's mom says he's been acting strangely due to brain injuries sustained during his football career so now we have all of 2015 encapsulated in one single 2016 story.

Get ready for the Hottest Takes :getin:

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Anyone who doesn't get upset making a speech about murdered children would be a monster. Mocking the president for it really just shines a light on how Republicans are just the end result of High School bullies and Frat Bros.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Talmonis posted:

Anyone who doesn't get upset making a speech about murdered children would be a monster. Mocking the president for it really just shines a light on how Republicans are just the end result of High School bullies and Frat Bros.

The loving NRA said what amounted to "I don't speak dindu". When called out for not appearing with the President.

peengers
Jun 6, 2003

toot toot

LeeMajors posted:

Exactly. He's also all about getting rid of social programs like welfare, but enjoys the benefits of having a daughter with 3 kids that lives at home and is on welfare. And of course there's the nice benefits he gets because of the deal that the police union brokered between the officers and the county.

Really, it's too bad the truck didn't finish the job. As he gets older he gets more and more unhinged; one day he's going to snap and just start shooting his caregivers.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

zoux posted:

It was originally Restoring Americans' Healthcare Official Working Act of 2015
:vince:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Luigi Thirty posted:

DC police caught a guy with a truck full of guns and a machete who said he was going to abduct Obama's dog. He also said he was both the son of Marilyn Monroe and JFK and Jesus Christ.

I have little doubt of this three way. Seems legit, let him pass.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Related articles: Bo's 4th birthday (2012)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Clinton campaign is begging for O'Malley to be included in the debate. :laugh:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
goddammit all the double posts

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
e: misquote, nevermind

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

mlmp08 posted:

goddammit all the double posts

Most gun-control advocates recognize the necessity or practicality of hunting. Most develop nations with gun-control regs allow sport usage of weapons, but require registration. But this last part makes it absolutely untenable for the Gun Lobby, and thus, it will never be so.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Paul D. Ryan vows to hold a vote on overriding Obama's veto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7aRKhgusi0

Also, a plan to replace it with something. I'm sure that's coming too. It must be, right?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Does O'Malley get anything for sticking it out until Iowa? I'm kinda surprised he hasn't dropped out already.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

LeeMajors posted:

Most gun-control advocates recognize the necessity or practicality of hunting. Most develop nations with gun-control regs allow sport usage of weapons, but require registration. But this last part makes it absolutely untenable for the Gun Lobby, and thus, it will never be so.

This is a true statement. My biggest issue with gun registration is less tinfoil hattery and more that it will just be some bogged down bullshit mess of a system that will be completely hosed up due to a mixture of incompetence, state-line issues, and deliberate sabotaging by anti-registry folk. Like it was for Canada.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

This is a true statement. My biggest issue with gun registration is less tinfoil hattery and more that it will just be some bogged down bullshit mess of a system that will be completely hosed up due to a mixture of incompetence, state-line issues, and deliberate sabotaging by anti-registry folk. Like it was for Canada.

Counterpoint: the new FAA drone regulations

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Joementum posted:

Also, a plan to replace it with something. I'm sure that's coming too. It must be, right?

Replace with bootstraps :smug:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Trabisnikof posted:

Counterpoint: the new FAA drone regulations

:perfect: what a disaster.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

mlmp08 posted:

I'd argue that its ok to make the ownership of deadly weapons more difficult. Even if its inconvenient for you.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

mlmp08 posted:

But killing for meat is far more humane and ethical than buying from factory farms.

No it isn't.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

I guess Abbott is going to unveil some plan to defeat Obama's anti gun conspiracy but I'm really posting this because of the hashtag:

Oh no Australia :ohdear:

Seriously I have no idea how he intends to override federal law. I have been legitimately curious about this for like a week now.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

WHOOPS posted:

Each day we get closer to having a bill whose acronym is RAHOWA...

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

fishmech posted:

No it isn't.

Solid argument. Would you rather live a normal life and then one day get a bullet through the dome from 100 yards away or be born into slavery, raised in a cage, and force-fed foods and steroids to make you extra fat and muscly before having your throat slit, ending your sexless life?

e: cattle that don't go to feed yards have it pretty ok.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Joementum posted:

Yep. And I am sure insurers and medical providers are gonna be more than willing to cover the in between and not make it a pain in the rear end for the individual.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

ReidRansom posted:

Seriously I have no idea how he intends to override federal law. I have been legitimately curious about this for like a week now.

Couldn't he do something like the sanctuary city idea and order state police agencies to take no action when they detect a violation of background checks (and other federal gun control laws). Not stopping the Feds from enforcing it, but not helping in any way.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

:perfect: what a disaster.

Lol it's only a disaster if you're too dumb to use a website but still want to fly a drone.

It is amazing how much people whine about their life endangering hobbies being regulated at all. The horror, you had to pay 5 bucks and fill out a form!!!! (The fee is even waived for now).

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

mlmp08 posted:

Solid argument. Would you rather live a normal life and then one day get a bullet through the dome from 100 yards away or be born into slavery, raised in a cage, and force-fed foods and steroids to make you extra fat and muscly before having your throat slit, ending your sexless life?

I realize that in your fantasy world based on video games you always get the perfect shot, but in real hunting there's a lot of times where your first shot is just going to be something not immediately fatal, or even missing the animal entirely. This of course freaks them the gently caress out and is hardly more humane than easy instant destruction of the brain like at the slaughterhouse.

Also cows don't loving care about feed yards, they're stupid beasts.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

fishmech posted:

No it isn't.

Glad that's settled then.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

LeeMajors posted:

I'm not sure why there's a fear over gun registration and background checks?

I mean, they are all for a stringent process preventing voter fraud--something that is shown to be statistically insignificant and really just a lever for disenfranchisement.

Why are voter rights less sacred than gun rights to these people?

I'm cool with gun ownership if you want to be registered.

Step 1: Gun ownership registration
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Agenda 21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

literal slave cattle has way better healthcare than wild animals

• Locked thread