Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drunkboxer posted:

I liked the story PFT told on the CBB best ofs about how Lauren Lapkus asked him why so many people were messaging her about eating her hair.

That was phenomenal. Poor girl.

The real message of this year's CBB Best Ofs was "Please stop inundating us with your stupid-rear end Twitter messages."

Back To 99 posted:

Got a link to that episode of the reality SHOW!!! show/Hollywood Handbook: An Insider's Guide to Kicking Butt and Taking Names in the Red-Carpet-Lined Back Hallways of this Industry we call Showbiz?

Neil Campbell, Our Close Employee

It's at the end, and it also comes right after the "episode" of Neil Campbell's science podcast teaching you about how to kidnap a child. I absolutely understand why QuickBooks was upset, though to be fair Sean never specifies that your accountant's kid is underage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

wafflesnsegways posted:

I almost never enjoy "funny" podcast ads. It makes you raise up your listener defenses, and they almost never give you what you listen to the podcast for.

Exception: the Hollywood Handbook ads that are dripping with contempt for the sponsor. Those are exactly what I listen to the podcast for.

I feel like ads are always better with multiple people. Scott or PFT just extolling the virtues of a thing doesn't do much, regardless of how funny either of them might be. But in a show like HH, having the two people to work off of each other adds something to it. It's especially fun when the sponsor lets them add a lot to the copy. My Brother, My Brother, and Me is really good at this as well.

The only one-man ads I've ever liked were Bill Burr's and Norm MacDonald's.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Norm MacDonald's.

They send RAZORS to your HOUSE

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

JethroMcB posted:

That was phenomenal. Poor girl.

The real message of this year's CBB Best Ofs was "Please stop inundating us with your stupid-rear end Twitter messages."

Neil Campbell, Our Close Employee

It's at the end, and it also comes right after the "episode" of Neil Campbell's science podcast teaching you about how to kidnap a child. I absolutely understand why QuickBooks was upset, though to be fair Sean never specifies that your accountant's kid is underage.

considering that in the ad he mentions like taking the kid out to dinner I'm pretty sure they're at least of age

you can't take underaged people out to dinner in fancy Hollywood restaurants, you just don't do it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Drunkboxer posted:

They send RAZORS to your HOUSE

"You're father's alive, isn't he?"
"No."
"gently caress."

e: You know what, though? I just realized Norm's are only barely one man. He just does them himself in a way to get his guest and Adam to laugh, and maybe participate.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

What was the Hollywood Handbook ad that turned into an elaborate scheme about having your friend dress up in a suit of dog hair to prove to your boss that you aren't allergic to dogs or whatever?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Power of Pecota posted:

What was the Hollywood Handbook ad that turned into an elaborate scheme about having your friend dress up in a suit of dog hair to prove to your boss that you aren't allergic to dogs or whatever?

SquareCash. Others included paying your mailman to misdeliver a pretend note from your sweetie to an enemy and being framed for sending a mail bomb, and paying your adult education art teacher to pretend like you got in trouble for making out in class to impress your Dad.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

ManoliIsFat posted:

I've kinda given up on Who Charted, but this week's with Steven Brody Stevens an Elle Wood was a complete disaster. Brody gets a call right at the start of the show from the head of XM, Howard razzes him to not take the call, and Brody is shook for the rest of the ep. That show is falling apart.

Lol it was really uncomfortable. I hadnt listened in a while but i listened for Brody stevens, it seems like Kulap isnt on it anymore and Howard doesnt want to be there, I liked that one of the charts was 'best football games of the week' and they just tried to get through it as fast as possible because they had nothing to say about it haha

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I wonder if Lapkus doesn't listen to lots of podcasts or if Sean was only half joking about being one of the least liked people in comedy.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

power botton posted:

I wonder if Lapkus doesn't listen to lots of podcasts or if Sean was only half joking about being one of the least liked people in comedy.

When did Sean say this?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
The end of the Erin whitehead episode

In response to someone warning Erin that she might have a weird time on the show

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Erin is definitely the kid sister of the wild horses so I understand wanting to look out for her, especially when Sean Clements is around

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tarranon posted:

The end of the Erin whitehead episode

In response to someone warning Erin that she might have a weird time on the show

Specifically she was talking about when Sean making Wild Horses come into the studio and "apologize" for talking too loudly in the hallway during the David Letterman episode. She didn't know Hayes or Sean (And Hayes was making his appearance via Skype) and went on the defensive.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
After first crying because she genuinely thought Sean was scolding them for talking too loud :3:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It's really cool how this week's HH (Brett's House) starts with them making GBS threads on them, turns out to be him going along with it, and then turns into them kind-of-making GBS threads on him and kind of just doing runners.

DC Pierson: You could stand to be a bit more obedient, Brett.
Brett: Actually I get that from the Dog restaurant.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 9, 2016

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

"Hey guys, do you have a small bus-""Squarespace lets you-""-.com and enter offer code-""Hey guys, do you like snack-"

Don't forget Lootcrate, holy poo poo that is some depressing ad copy. It's transparently for morons that don't care what they spend money on, need a friendship simulator, and/or are so desperate for some kind of excitement that they will settle for the "excitement" of getting garbage in the mail.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Imagine how much you'd have to hate yourself to have a monthly subscription to boxes of funko pop dolls.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

manyak posted:

Lol it was really uncomfortable. I hadnt listened in a while but i listened for Brody stevens, it seems like Kulap isnt on it anymore and Howard doesnt want to be there, I liked that one of the charts was 'best football games of the week' and they just tried to get through it as fast as possible because they had nothing to say about it haha

That was a bit, but the episode was pretty weak. I enjoy the show still, Howard is a true character.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

ManoliIsFat posted:

I've kinda given up on Who Charted, but this week's with Steven Brody Stevens an Elle Wood was a complete disaster. Brody gets a call right at the start of the show from the head of XM, Howard razzes him to not take the call, and Brody is shook for the rest of the ep. That show is falling apart.

I think I would enjoy it more if it wasn't so clear that Kulap hates the show and sees the show's fans as an ATM machine to fund her personal project that she has no intention of finishing. I remember hearing on one of their podcasts like 3-4 years ago that she and Scott were trying to have kids and were doing in vitro stuff but clearly it hasn't worked. I imagine that disappointment, combined with her lack of talent (while being surrounded by very talented people) has driven her slowly crazy. Sad really.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I think I would enjoy it more if it wasn't so clear that Kulap hates the show and sees the show's fans as an ATM machine to fund her personal project that she has no intention of finishing. I remember hearing on one of their podcasts like 3-4 years ago that she and Scott were trying to have kids and were doing in vitro stuff but clearly it hasn't worked. I imagine that disappointment, combined with her lack of talent (while being surrounded by very talented people) has driven her slowly crazy. Sad really.

You seem really nice and not like a bitter, repugnant weirdo at all so congrats for that.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 9, 2016

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

tnimark posted:

You seem really nice and not like a bitter, repugnant weirdo at all so congrats for that.

Sarcasm is the last refuge of a weak mind.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

n8r posted:

That was a bit, but the episode was pretty weak. I enjoy the show still, Howard is a true character.

I tend to only listen to episodes with guests I like, in more recent episodes (that I've caught) I feel like they adhere to strictly to the format for my liking. I think they've just kind of worn out the format, list shows just get repetitive. They create new weird list categories specifically because it's repetitive.

Don't forget Lootcrate, holy poo poo that is some depressing ad copy. It's transparently for morons that don't care what they spend money on, need a friendship simulator, and/or are so desperate for some kind of excitement that they will settle for the "excitement" of getting garbage in the mail.

Lots of people love collecting things, LootCrate and other services like that cater to those kinds of people. To you it's garbage, to them it's cool toys and poo poo they like.

Sarcasm is the last refuge of a weak mind.

Maybe he should've been more direct. You are a weirdo and you sound bitter. It must suck for you that she gets to be surrounded by very talented people and you live the neckbeardy goon life of commenting on other's success. Also you're untalented.

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 9, 2016

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

i've listened to a few recent episodes, including guests i like

and while i do not think kulap is a very funny person i think she's a great and energetic host and vibes well with howard and the guests i've seen.

and really dat's some hosed up poo poo to say about someone. this isn't that kind of thread!! (cbb reference)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Tarranon posted:

and while i do not think kulap is a very funny person i think she's a great and energetic host and vibes well with howard and the guests i've seen.

Yeah exactly. She can be hilarious and when she liked the podcast she was a huge reason why it succeeded, but she's fun friends we all have and not like an actual creative comedian or artist.

ElCondemn posted:

Maybe he should've been more direct. You are a weirdo and you sound bitter. It must suck for you that she gets to be surrounded by very talented people and you live the neckbeardy goon life of commenting on other's success. Also you're untalented.

You absolutely do not know me and you'd be embarrassed if you did. But you never will.

One if the main objectives of this thread seems to be psychoanalyzing Besser and explaining exactly how bad of a person he is. I don't know why Kulap should be off limits other than everyone trying to white knight their podcast waifu.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Yeah exactly. She can be hilarious and when she liked the podcast she was a huge reason why it succeeded, but she's fun friends we all have and not like an actual creative comedian or artist.

You absolutely do not know me and you'd be embarrassed if you did. But you never will.

One if the main objectives of this thread seems to be psychoanalyzing Besser and explaining exactly how bad of a person he is. I don't know why Kulap should be off limits other than everyone trying to white knight their podcast waifu.

I'm sorry you had to listen to a few Indiegogo ads over a year ago. It has clearly left deep scars in you, but it's time to let the healing begin.

POP goes the Pepsi Next can...

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Lootcrate is random stickers and tchotchkes. Anyone with a working computer can find better ways to buy things for themselves online.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I said it before but loot crate could be more accurately named "box of things my wife would ask me to throw away."

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I despise lootcrate because a friend of mine gets it and tries to pawn off the garbage he doesn't want as presents.

Also, yeah when people in this thread attack Besser it's on the choices he makes for his podcast, not as his worth as a human being. Kulap seems great, even though Who Charted has been terrible for like two years. And she is very cognizant of the fact that she's not a comic and speaks on her worries about that openly, yet still holds her own nearly always. It's more impressive than not, really.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

JethroMcB posted:

The story that Hayes told on Best Show about having to apologize to QuickBooks for pedophilia in the ad read was great.
"How about you, how much would Monsanto need to pay you to advertise on your podcast or whatever?"
"Oh, I've read Cards Against Humanity ads for like 50 bucks, they're way worse."

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
shes hot too

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The only good thing about lootcrate is watching Ashens review them. If nerds weren't so easily pleased by promotional tat, they'd see it for the scam it so obviously is. I don't think there's a single item in the latest one that should be valued over a few $3, and yes of course it has a funko pop doll that doesn't resemble the character in the slightest.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm pretty sure everybody in your life is embarrassed to know you. What a sad, sad, angry little person.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I'm pretty sure everybody in your life is embarrassed to know you. What a sad, sad, angry little person.

This is retarded; people speculate and talk about people that make entertainment. You're judging me much more harshly based on much less than anything I ever posted about Kulap. Lead by example maybe.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
lmao

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

lmao

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Scott?

I hope you guys get your baby soon, don't blame Kulap

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
All I remember about Kulap from various whatevers is she seems very nice, her family is a mess, and she pays money to see a middle-aged white lady shaman regularly.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
There are two other things I remember about her.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

UP AND ADAM posted:

There are two other things I remember about her.

This, honestly.
But she and Scott seem like a nice couple and they (mostly Scott, cause I don't listen to WC) have brought me tons of free entertainment so I only wish them the best.

VVV What are her vanity projects? Besides the documentary? I mean I get how someone might think "Origin Story" might not be that interesting but ultimately it's all in how the final doc comes out. Are there other projects? I'm honestly curious because I don't know them. It it the socks?

And for the record I did, myself, try to murder her once. But she got away, slyly, and totally earned my respect.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I don't like her vanity projects but iirc I've never tried to track her down in real life and murder her. Honestly though, even if I had you don't know where I'm from.