Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Paget Brewster for Heavenly Nostrils, but she comes up with her own unique voice for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

I wonder when the work-related strips begin.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Slammy posted:

A big, big big Sick, Sick, Sick (click for big) day. It's hard at times to see the breaks between scans, so i've added a ------ between them.
And it worked! The End.

Well this is just depressing. Good job!

Julet Esqu posted:

Radio Patrol

I'm enjoying the Adventures of Baby Cop.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jan 8, 2016

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Skippy (November 9, 1928)

Peanuts (January 8, 1969)

Mopey Pete's Slabbed and Graded Silver-Age Daydream

Crankshaft

We didn't even get the moment of truth! What a ripoff!

Rip Haywire

Meanwhile in Thimble Theater, it's deja vu all over again. (July 27, 1929)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Hmm, maybe it really is, or maybe there's a reason you've lost all your teeth and grown a sugar belly at age retard?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EasyEW posted:

GA was good when Frank King was still doing it. Especially on Sundays.

:aaa:

I notice that old Sunday strips had an amazing color palette, mid to late 20th century did not, then with computer controlled gradients and so on they got good again. Anyone know the technical reason the early ones looked better than later ones?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Scary Gary
It's a Christmas re-run today, so somebody goofed up.

Intelligent Life

To update your references at least. Would a kid under 20 know what the Flintstones are anymore?

Retail

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

To update your references at least. Would a kid under 20 know what the Flintstones are anymore?

But a man-child of 30+ would. Who do you think is the audience?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Look at how drat sassy Mrs. Fillyjonks is in that last panel. That's a pretty great pose.

Also Intelligent Live continues to be Family Guy in comic strip form. Moreso than usual today.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Stultus Maximus posted:

But a man-child of 30+ would. Who do you think is the audience?

Us and maybe a dozen or so other people.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Holy gently caress is the silver age poo poo in funky winkerbean the most aggravating poo poo ever. Just write down "yes the corporate people in the creative industries are bad" on a semen-smeared strip of paper and send it in for print.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You know what's bad? Bad Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

Oldest trick in the book, but it still works. Just last week my aunt and uncle got robbed by two guys that pretended to be lamps for the better part of an evening.

Ballard Street

I'd be a pretty big hypocrite if I said anything about this, considering I do that too.

Lost Side of Suburbia

I know there's no dogs in this one. At this point, I'm calling Dog Comix if there's two out of three.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Did he move the top half of that woman to fit the speech bubble in and then forget to remove the bottom half?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RandomFerret posted:

I know there's no dogs in this one. At this point, I'm calling Dog Comix if there's two out of three.

Lucius is meaner than a junkyard dog.

Calaveron posted:

Holy gently caress is the silver age poo poo in funky winkerbean the most aggravating poo poo ever. Just write down "yes the corporate people in the creative industries are bad" on a semen-smeared strip of paper and send it in for print.

on the other hand the audience is also bad, as exhibited by the preference for Spamalot over whatever nihilistic wankfest was originally planned for Westview High's last play, I forget

in a perfect world, the artist would be able to create art for himself and himself alone

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

dirksteadfast posted:

Did he move the top half of that woman to fit the speech bubble in and then forget to remove the bottom half?

That is exactly what he did.

First time I ever laughed at an unedited Intelligent Life.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set doesn't think of the children.

Working Daze actually references something before it comes out, not months after.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gets stuck in a loop.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Really Pants posted:

on the other hand the audience is also bad, as exhibited by the preference for Spamalot over whatever nihilistic wankfest was originally planned for Westview High's last play, I forget

in a perfect world, the artist would be able to create art for himself and himself alone

Where Batiuk and McEldowney intersect.

Luann

Shannon's entirely disinterested father is constantly dumping her on his sister. Once Aunt Toni has her, the excuse is always different but the consequence is always the same: Shannon is always pushed off onto the first warm body that can be found. She is one of the only characters in Luann that I actually feel sorry for (the other being Tiffany, sometimes). And of course I'm not supposed to feel sorry for this neglected child because she is "a brat."

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Julet Esqu posted:

Where Batiuk and McEldowney intersect.

The Amazing Spider-Man

We're an aquatic society, but completely lack any weapons geared towards low visibility environments.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (December 15, 1950)

Barnaby (May 22, 1942)

Nancy (January 29, 1943)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ikanreed posted:

We're an aquatic society, but completely lack any weapons geared towards low visibility environments.

Why would they? Water is clear, isn't it?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sonar isn't so good in air

http://www.theonion.com/article/study-dolphins-not-so-intelligent-on-land-1896

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

I'm just wondering how Death manages to whistle.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons with special guest star Jared Fogle

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Evil Mastermind posted:

Why would they? Water is clear, isn't it?

It's not perfectly clear, no, especially near a shore or slightly deep. After about 100 meters down the ocean has little to no sunlight penetration so "a window" isn't really the best tool for targeting weapons designed to be used exclusively under the sea.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

csammis posted:

It's not perfectly clear, no, especially near a shore or slightly deep. After about 100 meters down the ocean has little to no sunlight penetration so "a window" isn't really the best tool for targeting weapons designed to be used exclusively under the sea.

:thejoke:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Besides which, it's an environment where visual occlusion happens in the shallows all the time. Waves stir up sand and you can't see 2 inches.

edit: oh.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gets stuck in a loop.

An endless stream of time-traveling interruptions seems like a good way to stop Hitler, to be honest.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

That is definitely a recolored Magneto.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Pre-emptive subtitle suggestion for whenever the thread title gets changed to fix the numbering: In days of A3-G

Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

:parrot:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Darthemed posted:

Pre-emptive subtitle suggestion for whenever the thread title gets changed to fix the numbering: In days of A3-G

Why would that need to be fixed?

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Brand X, you say?

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Brand X, you say?

SurVIVal of the FITTEST, Leonarrrrrd!
:unsmigghh:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Deep shame and the desire to hide an activity is a symptom of addiction.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You feed your dogs by putting perfectly good human food in the garbage and letting them knock the can over.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

My Lovely Horse posted:

You feed your dogs by putting perfectly good human food in the garbage and letting them knock the can over.

"Boo hoo for us kids who have to clean up this mess"
*ignores that a recycling bin knocked over is easy to turn upright and would rather just leave litter on the ground.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Are there other legacy strips that are so opposite to their origins as Nancy? Modern Popeye to me seems pretty loyal to the original, to the point that it feels out of date. Apartment 3G was in the same department, just in a much sadder way.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Nenonen posted:

Are there other legacy strips that are so opposite to their origins as Nancy? Modern Popeye to me seems pretty loyal to the original, to the point that it feels out of date. Apartment 3G was in the same department, just in a much sadder way.

Wait, I don't actually get what's different about Nancy. The old strip still seemed a bit like it was aimed at a saccharine tone.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

ikanreed posted:

Wait, I don't actually get what's different about Nancy. The old strip still seemed a bit like it was aimed at a saccharine tone.

In a way yes, but on a far more anarchist note. Gilchrist Nancy is all about Christian mission, Viet Nam vets, dead country singers and boobs. I haven't seen Bushmiller strips about Spanish-American War veterans but I could be ignorant.

Well, I guess this could be a Gilchrist cartoon. All it needs is some tears, a salutation to the vets and boobs.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Nenonen posted:

In a way yes, but on a far more anarchist note. Gilchrist Nancy is all about Christian mission, Viet Nam vets, dead country singers and boobs. I haven't seen Bushmiller strips about Spanish-American War veterans but I could be ignorant.

Well, I guess this could be a Gilchrist cartoon. All it needs is some tears, a salutation to the vets and boobs.

She has a 5 o'clock shadow.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 01/25/15

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Hugh is still upset about being charged for 4 cheeseburgers he didn't eat.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hold up.

Is this a NERD LIKES NERD THING joke that's...actually a little clever and amusing?

I'm not sure how to process this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Really Pants posted:

Hold up.

Is this a NERD LIKES NERD THING joke that's...actually a little clever and amusing?

I'm not sure how to process this.

Well, it's Gil. Gil is good.

• Locked thread