Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

BgRdMchne posted:

Milwaukee's Best and Natural Ice are both worse than Bud Light.

doesn't stop Bud Light from being lovely tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Marc Marin

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I watched one season of american horror story on netflix (the asylum one) and it was incomprehensible garbage. No clue why that show is so popular.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

bossy lady posted:

I watched one season of american horror story on netflix (the asylum one) and it was incomprehensible garbage. No clue why that show is so popular.

It's too bad that it's not good because I wish there were good anthology shows (outer limits, twlight zone, tales from the crypt, etc) in this age of TV. i mean i get they were doing a more seasonal based thing which would be fine but they just aren't good either.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 8, 2016

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

bossy lady posted:

i loved the first season and maybe the first half of the circus one but don't like any of the others, imo their seasons should be like ten episodes max and the most recent one, hotel, was probably the worst so far

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Season 2 wasn't so bad, except for all of those modern day cuts to loving Adam Levine.

edit: literally, Adam Levine loving

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

bossy lady posted:

I thought the second season was the weakest mostly because they really kitchen-sinked the plot. First was pretty good, fourth decent, and my personal favorite was the third. Haven't seen the newest one yet - been watching them on Netflix as they get released.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

True Detective Season 2 was one of the worst examples of television I've ever seen and I've seen Hard Time on Planet Earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls0Idqi5WxA

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I thought TD Season 2 was *fine*, but the worst part about it was that it could have been good

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

True Detective season 2 immediately showed how bad season 1 would have been if they casted literally anyone else to play those characters.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Later part of Andromeda after Kevin Sorbo went insane

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Solice Kirsk posted:

True Detective season 2 immediately showed how bad season 1 would have been if they casted literally anyone else to play those characters.

yep. only made it through two or three episodes of season two before i bailed, it just dint have the same effect and seemed like it wanted to lay down so much backstory instead of slowly building up to something like season one. still love woody getting pissed at mccounahey for moving his lawn.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Also the director that Nick Pizzalotto decided to childishly mock in Season 2

Imagine how fragile your ego must be that you get super angry that you have to share fame despite the millions of dollars and recognition you get for a surprise hit like TD

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Every crime drama ever created

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

oldpainless posted:

The wife is a loving bitch on KoQ

Only because the husband is a lazy idiot.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i assume glee is really loving bad

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am physically harmed by being in the presence of televisions showing Criminal Minds.

(Again, not as bad as Allen Gregory, but still.)

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Only because the husband is a lazy idiot.

This has been the schematic for every sitcom since Honeymooners: idiot, lazy husband & hot wife.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

bossy lady posted:

Season 1 ("Murder House") is a little more coherent but everything after Asylum is unwatchable IMO. The current season, "Hotel", had such a great premise that I was intrigued, so I got through two episodes. It's unfathomably bad. It's too bad because the show is heavily stylized and has great cinematography but it's all style and zero substance.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I watched the first season because of Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton but couldn't make it through the first season, so I just read the Plot Outlines of the season as well as the rest and holy poo poo do they sound terrible.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Season 1 ("Murder House") is a little more coherent but everything after Asylum is unwatchable IMO. The current season, "Hotel", had such a great premise that I was intrigued, so I got through two episodes. It's unfathomably bad. It's too bad because the show is heavily stylized and has great cinematography but it's all style and zero substance.

Well dammit, when I saw what Hotel was based on I was kind of excited to give it a shot. I might anyway someday if I'm really bored.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

OctoberBlues posted:

Well dammit, when I saw what Hotel was based on I was kind of excited to give it a shot. I might anyway someday if I'm really bored.

i really wanted to like "hotel" but its basically just post ann rice vampire garbage and lady gaga with no makeup on looking hideous with some kinda cooler subplots, but admittedly i couldn't make through more than the first three or four episodes

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
bad tv that i loved to watch last year was "the hundred"

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Luvcow posted:

i really wanted to like "hotel" but its basically just post ann rice vampire garbage and lady gaga with no makeup on looking hideous with some kinda cooler subplots, but admittedly i couldn't make through more than the first three or four episodes

Yeah. Especially since it was supposedly inspired by the Cecil Hotel in LA, which has an intriguing and disturbing true history (Google it, for those who are unfamiliar). And the idea of a big, old, unfamiliar haunted hotel is fun and has so many possibilities and urban legends to play with. Instead, nope - vampires, s&m stuff, Lady Gaga.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

All the people saying things like 24, Walking Dead, and Horror Story aren't really answering the question. Instead they are answering: "What is a popular show right now targeted towards my demographic that I don't like?"

Truly bad show are like According to Jim, Evening Shade, Major Dad, Designing Women, and various reality show.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Grey posted:

All the people saying things like 24, Walking Dead, and Horror Story aren't really answering the question. Instead they are answering: "What is a popular show right now targeted towards my demographic that I don't like?"

They're all horribly written, melodramatic messes with lovely acting are very stupid stupid stupid poo poo

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
No but seriously American Horror Story: Coven is pretty loving awful. Like, atrocious.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Vastarien posted:

No but seriously American Horror Story: Coven is pretty loving awful. Like, atrocious.

It kind of means to be though.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The one thing you can say about AHS is that their ad people are pretty talented. Just going by the magazine ads you would think the show was great, but in fact the still picture ads are the best part.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

No, Moira from season 1 is still the best thing about the AHS.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
When I do watch AHS I always think "this is exactly what a modern horror should look and feel like", for example many scenes in Asylum are gut-wrenching in a good way. It's just, yeah, the writing is garbage. It feels like every episode is written without any regard to the previous or next and poo poo just goes completely out of control.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

The Grey posted:

Truly bad show are like According to Jim, Evening Shade, Major Dad, Designing Women, and various reality show.

I didn't like american horror story: asylum because it made absolutely no sense and felt terribly written. The plot was everywhere. IIRC there was something about aliens, a serial killer, ghosts (??), nazis and medical experimentation all tossed into one season and it ended up being insultingly stupid.

Also, I can't say how truly bad those shows you mentioned are since I haven't seen any of them. American horror story: asylum just happens to be the worst TV show I've seen in months.

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

When I do watch AHS I always think "this is exactly what a modern horror should look and feel like", for example many scenes in Asylum are gut-wrenching in a good way.

I agree with this assessment. The show looks great.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
I always thought the second season of AHS would probably be the best if they just got rid of that drat aliens sub-plot cause that poo poo was just stupid in the midst of everything else going on.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Pick posted:

I am physically harmed by being in the presence of televisions showing Criminal Minds.

matthew gray gubler is so loving hot though

also, that episode where the guy is being chased by the police and it turns out his family was dead the whole time was really good

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pick posted:

Yeah CM is bad, but I watched one episode that has a scene that was pretty good. I'm not going to spoiler it so skip if you haven't watched past Season 6:

Tim Murphy is a bad guy and finds out the location of a CI or something, who is staying at a hotel. Offscreen he goes in, kills the CI and the agent guarding him.

The viewer follows this woman:

... as she arrives at the hotel. The camera switches to viewing her from the peep hole as she goes through the secret knock and gets her face closer to the peep hole to show it's her, then there's a sharp metallic sound and she starts talking about how she can smell the cookies in Grandma's kitchen baking and then blood starts running down her face as she slumps into the door

For a lovely show like CM it was surprisingly well done and haunting

I got all of this thanks to the CM Wiki, which is methodically maintained, as you might expect

republicant
Apr 5, 2010
AHS is one of the shows that we'll play seasons of at a time in the background while we work on our fish tanks and things like that and it's a good background show. It's entertaining enough to keep your interest but it's easier to be more forgiving of flaws when you're not totally focused on it.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The worst show I watched start to finish (which was like 6 or 7 episodes) and I'm impressed/sad that I'm the first to mention after 14 pages was Line of Fire.

It was on ABC I think, because I saw tons of commercials for it during football, and being 12-ish, I thought it looked cool. It was centered around David Paymer as a mob boss. Even at that age, it was quickly apparent that David Paymer was a dweeb and the least intimidating tv mob boss ever. The other characters I remember were a sex-worker in one of Paymer's brothels and a lady cop who had a light bondage sex scene. I guess that's the stuff that burns into your mind at that age. I'm glad it was cancelled because I had no concept of sunk cost fallacy.

On another note, I have never watched an episode of Mike and Molly so maybe it's really deep and heart-felt, but it looks like every joke is "they're fat lol." Most network tv commercials run together, but this one sticks out as a show to never watch under any cirumstances.

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830
I'm going to go with Toddlers and Tiaras because it's the only show I can think of offhand that should be illegal.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Ryoshi posted:

no really guys I assure you it's Kevin Spencer

the only reason you aren't agreeing is that you have not had the displeasure of seeing it for yourself. some of you reading this may feel the need to rectify this via YouTube or wherever else it is dreams go to die. to these people i beg: do not do it, it is not worth it.

I got to about 7 minutes because apparently I hate myself. Gahdang that is the worst thing I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
whatever your favorite show is. it sucks and I hate it.

I hope you get the hemorrhoids

• Locked thread