Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

epitasis posted:

I guess making up a fake hokkaido address to make my jp store account is a good way to ensure I never get tempted to spend money on the gam

I still have gift card credit lurking, but I've managed to resist spending any money on f2p games, so far...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

book
Nov 29, 2014
Now that the event's done, I can finally use stam to practice songs on Pro. I can manage my way through lvl 15 songs, though not well. Decided to try Let's Go Happy on Pro since "how bad could it be? 16 is only one more than 15" and promptly got smashed.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The levels are a fairly rough system really, you might as well give everything a try if you have the stamina for it, sometimes songs just have weird timings or difficult slides. Let's Go Happy in particular is a pretty fast song.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

my phone is charging whats this screen

is it my producer-san name

edit: i typed it in a katakana keyboard and it translated to PUROTE~YUSA so i guess so

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 9, 2016

book
Nov 29, 2014

Polsy posted:

The levels are a fairly rough system really, you might as well give everything a try if you have the stamina for it, sometimes songs just have weird timings or difficult slides. Let's Go Happy in particular is a pretty fast song.

Also, I am dumb and was looking at the stam cost, not the difficulty. Let's Go Happy is 18 not 16. On a positive note, managed to get 2 Party Night Mios just from being a lowbie and getting plenty of level ups.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
As it scrolled by I thought to screenshot it because "Oh look, once again my SR is clothing." Now, I'm mostly thinking "what the gently caress why isn't my luck this sweet in SS or SIF?

Mind, I still think my 'guaranteed' SR was those tights.

A neat thing about girlfriend is how as you special lesson the cards, they change. I wonder if there's an album somewhere in the game so you can admire your progressively happier cards. I didn't see one when I looked, though.

Man, why couldn't my luck be that great in SS.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

book posted:

Now that the event's done, I can finally use stam to practice songs on Pro. I can manage my way through lvl 15 songs, though not well. Decided to try Let's Go Happy on Pro since "how bad could it be? 16 is only one more than 15" and promptly got smashed.
Stars mean nothing. I can clear a good chunk of master songs but We Are the Friends, which has a relatively low star ranking is still unbeatable for me.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

A neat thing about girlfriend is how as you special lesson the cards, they change. I wonder if there's an album somewhere in the game so you can admire your progressively happier cards. I didn't see one when I looked, though.

Yeah, there's one in the regular game that's essentially the same as the Starlight Stage album so it's a weird omission, maybe they're working on it.

Nice drops, I could only dream of a double SSR.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zenostein posted:

As it scrolled by I thought to screenshot it because "Oh look, once again my SR is clothing." Now, I'm mostly thinking "what the gently caress why isn't my luck this sweet in SS or SIF?

Mind, I still think my 'guaranteed' SR was those tights.

Man, why couldn't my luck be that great in SS.

Oh man, aces.
Yeah, I'm fairly certain I checked all the menu options and never saw an album option. I daresay it wouldn't make sense to not eventually put one in given all the girls and such (and an album for clothing items would be helpful too for the sake of documentation).

Zettace posted:

Stars mean nothing. I can clear a good chunk of master songs but We Are the Friends, which has a relatively low star ranking is still unbeatable for me.

It's all about the note patterns. For instance, I've been intensely close to FCing Ranko's image song (not Legne, good lord not Legne) which is a 27, but I can't really come that close to an FC on We're The Friends! or Kagayaku Sekai no Mahou, both of which are way easier star-wise.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
A brilliant FC on a song I generally don't! But, I picked the wrong team, so I still got fourth. :sigh:

book
Nov 29, 2014

Zettace posted:

Yeah, I'm starting to see that as I play through more Pro songs. Also glad to see that I'm not the only one who has trouble with We're the Friends. On a side note, does anyone actually like Passion or Cute more than Cool? Even if I combined the idols I like in Passion/Cute, it would be less than the Cool idols I like.

Edit: Kanade SSR? We in there.

book fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 9, 2016

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

book posted:

Yeah, I'm starting to see that as I play through more Pro songs. Also glad to see that I'm not the only one who has trouble with We're the Friends. On a side note, does anyone actually like Passion or Cute more than Cool? Even if I combined the idols I like in Passion/Cute, it would be less than the Cool idols I like.

the only idols i like are kirari, bomber, and anzu, sooo

book
Nov 29, 2014

pandaK posted:

the only idols i like are kirari, bomber, and anzu, sooo

Bomber is my favorite passion. Kinda sad that I missed her SSR.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Cute are cute. At least, generally.

<-- Passion, on whatever technicality allows a small number of 765Pro cards to exist in CG

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
I'm definitely a Cool fan, most of my favorites come from Cool. That being said, Kanade is like my 2nd favorite (1st obviously being Ranko) so I burned all my gems trying to get her and failed :(. My boyfriend is willing to give me 50 bucks for more rolls and I feel really weird heavily considering the offer just to get a digital card in an anime game.

...drat I want that Kanade though.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i hate myself

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

i hate myself

Don't.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm glad that K. Panda has a Nico av, has watched the first episode of Love Live, and is going to finish the first season and watch the second and the movie.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm setting up a simulwatch of the movie with some buds.
Can't wait to bawl my eyes out because I am an overly emotional piece of idol trash.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm glad that K. Panda has a Nico av, has watched the first episode of Love Live, and is going to finish the first season and watch the second and the movie.

nah

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

pandaK posted:

i'm going to marry panda nico

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Can't believe I clicked that and lost my all-important place in the chat thread

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Wow, crap. I actually failed a song in GF Note (outside of the failures I racked up while trying to get as close to no score rank on Easy as possible).
Meguru Meguru Seitokai Days has this pattern I'm finding super tricky: double-tap, then a single tap, then an alternating triple-tap. Not even Stamina Guard could save me.

Also I keep getting Kokoro Jiyuu Sengen and Robotics Infinity in roulette a lot. I could do with other songs that aren't those because of how weak I am on Orange cards, but at least I can pass them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Can't believe I clicked that and lost my all-important place in the chat thread

It's worth knowing that panda has accepted idols into his heart.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.

graybook posted:

I'm setting up a simulwatch of the movie with some buds.
Can't wait to bawl my eyes out because I am an overly emotional piece of idol trash.

I cried at the end. "Bokutachi wa Hitotsu no Hikari" gets to my heart, man.

Also I just picked up Girlfriend Note since all of you seem to be playing it. It seems more "This is my anime waifu" then other games, but I like the dress up mode since I'm a girly drat girl.

Am I allowed to talk about Idolish7 in here? It's a male idol rhythm game with character designs by the Manga artist who did "Full moon o Sagashite" that continues to frustrate me with it's slide mechanic.

Apathetic Panda fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 10, 2016

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Talk about the idol boys. Post pics!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
If it's anime and rhythm game (idols now not 100% necessary), it's fair game. Post away!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

graybook posted:

Wow, crap. I actually failed a song in GF Note (outside of the failures I racked up while trying to get as close to no score rank on Easy as possible).
Meguru Meguru Seitokai Days has this pattern I'm finding super tricky: double-tap, then a single tap, then an alternating triple-tap. Not even Stamina Guard could save me.

Also I keep getting Kokoro Jiyuu Sengen and Robotics Infinity in roulette a lot. I could do with other songs that aren't those because of how weak I am on Orange cards, but at least I can pass them.

It's surprisingly hard to actually fail, unless you play on the extra-hard difficulties. Maybe life would be easier if I turned off the 3D, but :negative:my waifus:negative:.

What an amusing game over screen:

Speaking of which, did I miss something in the options, or is there no way to turn off/down the constant noise of skills going off? It seems like the voice/bgm/sfx sliders are just for the UI, and the "no your timing is terrible pay more attention" noise, plus various skills going off, plus the center calling out the combo is a terribly unpleasant aural experience. Plus, some of the voice clips for something seem to be echoing sometimes, which is extra annoying.

e. ^^^ In that case I'll say Tokyo 7th Sisters is an A+ "here are too many cards" game that really wants you to spend money, with a rhythm game that got slightly better with the last patch (Android gets tap sounds for the first time since they rewrote the rhythm game a couple years ago! :v:), in that it runs smooth, but still sometimes doesn't make any sense. At least on hard, the maps don't seem to match up to much of anything. Plus, judging timing, especially for the end of holds, is pretty difficult in a two-button, circular ui. On the plus side, it has what I guess are regular f2p card game "battles," which I imagine to be idol rap battles. That's pretty great.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 11, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah, it was on Very Hard. Though I /should/ be playing on Hard because my lack of same-color cards (or at least, better cards) leads to worse efficiency.
I'll probably turn 3D back on when I go back to playing non-event mode in order to get easier-difficulty rewards, but otherwise I prefer to have less of a hit on battery life.

The wikia says the sliders should affect whole game, but I'll try to see if there's an alternative sound setting.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, reducing voice volume to 0 works for me to kill all the in-game voice clips. Though I'd be fine if you could just silence the skill clips, at least the others aren't going off constantly.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

Yeah, reducing voice volume to 0 works for me to kill all the in-game voice clips. Though I'd be fine if you could just silence the skill clips, at least the others aren't going off constantly.

Event page could do with adding a few seconds of waiting in between voice clips playing, though, IMO. It's like, clip finishes, one second gap, next clip plays, repeat.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Ah, alright then. I must've been thinking of another game that had separate volume controls for the stages. Well, at least this way I'll not be drowning in noise. I should probably should turn down the SFX too — the non-perfect sounds are more grating than that period where SIF's sounds went to hell.

^^^ The whole game has a pretty crazy overlapping sound issue. At least (so far as I've noticed), the tap sounds aren't overlapping (too much), even on the busier charts. That's real annoying.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
After playing SS and GFNote, SIF's sounds don't come across as particularly pleasant to the ear. There's something jarring about them. Then again the game is over two years old so maybe age's part of it? I dunno.

GFNote's "perfect" and "great" timings (i'm just going to refer to them that way) don't sound distinct enough to me, for that matter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
For the first time ever since I started play SIF, I might actually be able to get a SR from an event. Which comes as a shock cause Match Score is my least favorite event.

Might still have to use 1 or 2 Lovecas but it's worth it.

graybook posted:

After playing SS and GFNote, SIF's sounds don't come across as particularly pleasant to the ear. There's something jarring about them. Then again the game is over two years old so maybe age's part of it? I dunno.

GFNote's "perfect" and "great" timings (i'm just going to refer to them that way) don't sound distinct enough to me, for that matter.

Having not played GFNote and given up on SS in one day, I hate SIF's GREAT! noise. It's jarring and motivates me to do better and get Perfects because it's so off-putting.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I am considering making the highly controversial decision of ranking Kotori from low-tier idol to mid-tier idol, given that her visuals outstrip those of Hanayo and Honoka.

On the other hand, she has the worst voice among all of Muse.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
Dunno, Nozomi might give her a run for her money in the worst voice department.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Apathetic Panda posted:

Dunno, Nozomi might give her a run for her money in the worst voice department.

I don't mind Nozomi's speaking voice but her singing voice is hella cutesy too.

But still, cutesy is better than cutesy and high.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, turning down the sfx/voice made girlfriend way less overbearing.

I'm not sure if it's the sounds themselves, but most games' Great sound (or equivalent) tends to be unpleasant enough to catch my ear and make me think I hosed up. And of course, looking to see that it's just a great usually means I'll actually gently caress up after it. The SIF one, even after they've fixed the sounds, sounds like it has this sorta sharp edge to it which is really unpleasant, same with anything combo-breaking in GF.

In SS you should obviously be using the spaceman sounds, which are all cool and perfect. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I don't mind Nozomi's speaking voice but her singing voice is hella cutesy too.

But still, cutesy is better than cutesy and high.

I guess this is a bad opinion or something but I like both of them