Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Shueisha's ugly gross SBR colours.
Bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
One day we will have animated Ringo.

Believe.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I know we will have animated Ringo.

One day, I believe we will have a real life Ringo.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

My current New Vegas character I actually named Ringo Roadagain. Expert marksman, silver tongued.

I revert to the last save every time I miss.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hah.

Makes me wonder if Revolver Ocelot's got Mandom Requiem in Metal Gear Solid 2.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ringo is a nerd

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Bad Seafood posted:

My current New Vegas character I actually named Ringo Roadagain. Expert marksman, silver tongued.

I revert to the last save every time I miss.
An Independent Vegas is the only way to enter A True Man's World.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Ringo and Ulysses just get into an infinite loop of calling each other conformists.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Moltrey posted:

An Independent Vegas is the only way to enter A True Man's World.
You're telling me a yes man can be a true man?

Nah, son.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
No idea if this has been posted in here before, but here's someone discussing some of the nuances in Part 5's characters by looking at the French translation.

http://jazztronic.tumblr.com/post/104160149698

I find this really cool as some people really loving love Part 5 and it's sadly Pretty Alright for me. My favorite stuff in here is how Mista and Bruno are basically opposites in terms of how they act with the rest of the gang versus in fights and how apparently Fugo really hates Mista for some reason.

Bad Seafood posted:

You're telling me a yes man can be a true man?

Nah, son.
When you have Yes Men working for you, aren't you a True Man?

Ringo would probably be NCR honestly. Gotta support The President.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

A true man wouldn't surround himself with yes men.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that vento aureo translation stuff might have been posted a while ago (i definitely know i've read it a long time ago) but it's part of why the arc 5 retranslation should be interesting enough to make me want to read through it again. i don't think it'll magically make the arc massively better in my eyes to the point where it shifts my personal preferences all that much, since part of my issues lie with there being janky as gently caress story elements everywhere, but it'll be nice to not have to add a disclaimer to arc 5 every time someone is getting into the manga series.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I acquired a weird soft spot for part 5. It had a neat setting and really colorful character design with some sweet battles. Granted, in the current translation, the Rolling Stones chapters really break the pacing. And while I get that the chase over the arrow at the end was the fight against Diavolo, I didn't really satisfy me. The ending also is just sort of nothing. Some dialogue at least would have probably helped. With all that said, I can't wait to see it animated, if only to get a proper translation.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I've been thoroughly enjoying quincylogy's translations/small writeups for what they've been working on with part 5.

http://quincylogy.tumblr.com/

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Personally, I'm hoping a proper translation will be done sometime before the Vento Aureo anime happens. On that matter, I hope everyone knows the re-translation project is still alive, and the end to the Grateful Dead fight which you can read here just came out a week or two ago. We've run into some delays, but we have translations up to the end of the White Album fight, and the next volume is already typeset and just waiting to be edited, lord knows how long that might take.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Underappreciated steel ball run panel

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Pork Pie Hat Kid was a really weird fight.

My favorite Steel Ball Run panel is when Johnny and Gyro leave the scene and the next few panels just zoom into a CAUTION: BEARS sign and that's never brought up again.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 8, 2016

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I kept thinking it was gonna be foreshadowing the bear that ate Hot Pants' brother coming back somehow because Stand fuckery but nope.

It was, however, there to be a landmark demonstrating the weird spacewarping thing going on with the Lucy Jesus.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke (8)/Gappy's SAS is also awesome.
Lots of hands and pretty posable as a whole. His arms are attached differently than DIO/Josuke (4). Seems to be less flexibility at the elbow but more at the shoulder. I've got Soft & Wet coming too, maybe soon because got Gappy over to me from Japan in little over a week.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Is posting in this thread slowly turning posters into JoJo characters? Is this the work of an enemy stand?!

Alopex posted:

I kept thinking it was gonna be foreshadowing the bear that ate Hot Pants' brother coming back somehow because Stand fuckery but nope.

It was, however, there to be a landmark demonstrating the weird spacewarping thing going on with the Lucy Jesus.

Hot Pants' entire death is just weird. From what I remember we even see on-panel how the window frame or whatever pierces her heart, which would reasonably be instantly fatal, but then this is also JoJo where Johnny previously shrugged off getting shot in the face several times and Gyro later shrugged off having a hole moved into his heart as well. Makes it a bit hard to tell what actually kills people when they're not getting bisected by trains or having their entire heads blown off.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah, it seems a lot of people didn't realize hot pants had even died when she did, self included.

Admittedly, I also managed to miss that diego died because in the panel showing him bisected, I didn't notice his upper torso in the background so I thought it was just a focus on him on the ground

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FirstAidKite posted:

Underappreciated steel ball run panel

This is reminding me of that one episode of Spongebob

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

This is reminding me of that one episode of Spongebob

It wouldn't surprise me at all if araki saw that episode and was like "hmmm"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Still waiting for Araki to introduce the Spongebob Stand, Pantera

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tiny Tim is also acceptable

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Moltrey posted:

Pork Pie Hat Kid was a really weird fight.

My favorite Steel Ball Run panel is when Johnny and Gyro leave the scene and the next few panels just zoom into a CAUTION: BEARS sign and that's never brought up again.

It isn't the panel zooming into the sign, it's the sign zooming into the panel because of Ticket to Ride shenanigans.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
So is the reason Valentine got all buff'n'beefy all of a sudden that he did a dirty deed dirt cheap and exchanged his old blubbery self with the President of a more muscular universe?

(I still haven't read SBR all the way through, but I've read enough JoJo by now to know things like that will never be explained or touched on again)

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Forktoss posted:

So is the reason Valentine got all buff'n'beefy all of a sudden that he did a dirty deed dirt cheap and exchanged his old blubbery self with the President of a more muscular universe?

(I still haven't read SBR all the way through, but I've read enough JoJo by now to know things like that will never be explained or touched on again)

It's either that or having Christ's torso in his body for a while miraculously made him buff.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah I thought he just swapped for the hot bod.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

He found Jesus.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I love that joke no matter how old it gets.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

He got buff because he allowed Jesus into his heart.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was never clear if Valentine's henchmen looked like him because he just wanted them all to dress alike or they're just alternate universe Valentines. I'm almost 100% sure it's probably the latter, but the former feels funny enough to be possible.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Moltrey posted:

I was never clear if Valentine's henchmen looked like him because he just wanted them all to dress alike or they're just alternate universe Valentines. I'm almost 100% sure it's probably the latter, but the former feels funny enough to be possible.

I actually always thought it was the former, when I first read Part 7. Maybe if I ever re-read it, my opinion would change? :shobon:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah, it seems a lot of people didn't realize hot pants had even died when she did, self included.

Admittedly, I also managed to miss that diego died because in the panel showing him bisected, I didn't notice his upper torso in the background so I thought it was just a focus on him on the ground

I just read it recently and also didn't realize Dio was dead for real. I saw him cut in half but well, it's Jojo. He was even talking in that panel, showing us he was still alive. It took me until the alternate Dio showed up that I realized what had happened.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LightningKimba posted:

I actually always thought it was the former, when I first read Part 7. Maybe if I ever re-read it, my opinion would change? :shobon:

They're not Valentines because people would freak the hell out.
They're just mimicking his hairstyle, which is probably supposed to be reminiscent of the powdered wigs of the American civil war era.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They're not Valentines because people would freak the hell out.
They're just mimicking his hairstyle, which is probably supposed to be reminiscent of the powdered wigs of the American civil war era.

that's basically what i gathered. just a jojo's version of wigs, more or less.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Yeah I thought he just swapped for the hot bod.

There's a bit when you first meet Valentine's wife where she tells the story of how she fell in love with him, and one of the reasons was apparently that his feet never made any sound when he walked.

Later, once he has become Buffentine, Araki specifically focuses on the sound of Valentine's footsteps as he's walking, so I have to believe that it was a deliberate body swap to set up his Stand power.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

does Valentine actually swap bodies with his alternate timeline selves and we're dealing with the same personality the whole time, or does he tag out with his alternate timeline selves who are all just as down for the cause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

setafd posted:

does Valentine actually swap bodies with his alternate timeline selves and we're dealing with the same personality the whole time, or does he tag out with his alternate timeline selves who are all just as down for the cause

The former would make more sense, but I thought it was the latter for some reason.