Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I never bother with the lottery, but everyone in my department started a pool and I don't want to be the last one stuck here picking up the pieces on the off chance they win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wintermutant posted:

I never bother with the lottery, but everyone in my department started a pool and I don't want to be the last one stuck here picking up the pieces on the off chance they win.

My work did that and we had to sign something promising that we all wouldn't quit at the same time if we won. Everyone signed it, but I don't think anyone would loving honor it at all.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Little known pro tip: Ask the gas station attendant to print all 40 tickets on separate sheets. They knows it increases the odds. so keenly wink at them as you do so.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I one time saw two people get into a fight in a gas station over who was next in line for lotto tickets. Like they only give the money to the person that bought it first.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Pools that purchase multiple tickets are so loving dumb. All my retarded colleagues have one running and they ask each person to pay $10 towards a stack of tickets. Dumb apes don't realize that 1 ticket or 40 tickets is the same single pull of the galactic-odds slot machine.

What would be smarter is to find 40 people to pitch in a nickel. If they all win, good for them but I'll buy my own ticket and share the cost with my wife. If I win I will donate 1/2 of the proceeds to improve math and critical thinking courses in all schools.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I one time saw two people get into a fight in a gas station over who was next in line for lotto tickets. Like they only give the money to the person that bought it first.

I've seen this because of scratchers. Two women, screaming bloody loving murder in a CoGos because "she took my ticket!"

I just wanted a red bull man.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

LOL, one person got mad at me by trying to convince others to not go into the pool and waste their money. It's like a goddamn cult.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

The machine was down at the gas station last night and multiple people in succession got really pissed off and accused the attendant of lying lol.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Until this leads to someone getting killed for butting in line for a ticket or "stealing my numbers!" we're just barely scraping the schadenfreude surface.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Wintermutant posted:

I'm in the office pool for the same reason. gently caress being left behind if everyone else wins 20m or whatever.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I put in $1 to split a ticket with my coworker. I just used the numbers from that win on the first try screenshot earlier in the thread so I have a fun story to tell about how I picked the numbers after I win.

Except the powerball doesn't go up to 33 so I had to pick a different one :ohdear:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fallows posted:

i dont know how many possible combinations that is but theres a few rolls of printer stock so ill just do the few thousand most likely winning combos

Which combinations are the most likely to win do you think?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wintermutant posted:

Can you imagine how much that would suck, you would be like training all the new people and be like, "Yea, I didn't pitch in to buy lottery tickets, now all my excoworkers are millionaires and I'm a little broke bitch still"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i rolled the powerballs this morning and my numbers are 'hairy' and 'wrinkly'. hope i won the big bucks!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Dangerous Mind posted:

Since the drawing isn't until Saturday night do you think it could hit like $900M by then?

i just paid the idiot tax and its up to 800M. THe women who walked in after me was buying 30 dollars worth of tickets.

I'd say theres a very good chance.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Buying more than one or two tickets is insane to me. But I am buying one and a two for the IL MegaMillions since no one cares about the stupid tiny $150million pay out right now. If I win both I will give the entire MegaMillion Payout to a homeless person or something.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
IF you win a fun thing to do would go to a currency exchange and get whatever is the worst currency to USD in terms of money value so like 5000000 african country bux to every 10 us dollars. Then get like 1000 dollars worth of it and make your friend dance while you toss it around them.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Buying more than one or two tickets is insane to me. But I am buying one and a two for the IL MegaMillions since no one cares about the stupid tiny $150million pay out right now. If I win both I will give the entire MegaMillion Payout to a homeless person or something.

I'm technically homeless and in IL

I would use the money to pay off my student loans :buddy:

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I'd buy front row season tickets for the spurs and horns. Donate alot of it to some worthy cause, set up my immediate family for life, and then travel forever around the nba and college football schedule so I don't get murdered and hounded by extended family and friends.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'd get it all in cash and then burn the pile on live television because gently caress everything.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
If I win I am going to use a whole bunch of different people and donate the equivalent of several million dollars to Bernie. I'll tell him my plan and say he has to keep my pet interests in mind while he's president.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Hector Beerlioz posted:

If I win I am going to use a whole bunch of different people and donate the equivalent of several million dollars to Bernie. I'll tell him my plan and say he has to keep my pet interests in mind while he's president.

I think you picked the wrong candidate for this plan.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Which combinations are the most likely to win do you think?

Lmao that's privileged circle k info

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Gonna buy 292 tickets. Then it's just 1 in a million. That's doable.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

No. 6 posted:

I think you picked the wrong candidate for this plan.

only having a billion dollars isnt going to convince hillary of anything

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

PowerBall hit on Wednesday, August 18th, in the year 2,986,151 A.D.
You spent $622,818,944.00 on tickets.

I'm waiting until the take home amount after taxes is over 1 billion USD before buying my ticket. I can't be bothered before then. I want to be one of those evil billionaires bribing politicians and coming up with stupid platitudes for voters to argue about.

Also going to buy a fleet of these: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...smart-taxi.html

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I'm going to win because this is the first time I've ever played the lotto.

Reasons:

I won my fantasy football league so I'm feeling lucky
I found $10 in the parking lot while grocery shopping which I spent on the tickets
I quit my job recently because I just couldn't stand the public anymore
I'm loving broke
I bought my tickets in bumfuck nowhere U.S.A

sorry everyone.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I want to win the lottery so that I can make the world a better place. I want to improve the world because I am filled with spite and hate for the current order and that's where that sends me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im gonna buy a few tickets then on sunday wipe my butthole with them

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
So what’s the best strategy for winning? Richard Lustig has won big jackpots seven different times.

“If you play your own numbers, play them regularly. Every time you lose, you gain a little advantage in the next drawing,” he said.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
I won $4 in the Wednesday drawing, you know what I did with it lol I'm on a roll!

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Roargasm posted:

So what’s the best strategy for winning? Richard Lustig has won big jackpots seven different times.

“If you play your own numbers, play them regularly. Every time you lose, you gain a little advantage in the next drawing,” he said.

Seems legit.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Here are the #s for Saturday. I demand 10% commission of all your winnings:

1 2 3 4 5 and 1

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

Waltzing Along posted:

Here are the #s for Saturday. I demand 10% commission of all your winnings:

1 2 3 4 5 and 1

The odds are the same as any other combo, but I would LOVE for one of the bigger pools like this one to get those numbers on the draw. People would loving riot. Well maybe not riot... But be super pissed.

I was kind of annoyed when I got a quick pick the last time there was a big pool, and 4 out of my 5 numbers were below 10, the 5th and power number I don't remember. It means nothing but it irked me, like wtf if I was picking my own numbers, I wouldn't have chosen all those low numbers!!!

And if I win, I'll probably go the Mr. Burns route and get myself a prank monkey. I hear being super wealthy can be very lonely for some, so my monkey will keep me entertained.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
1700 in PowerBall sales so far tonight, def sold the winner at my store

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
I would use the money to buy digg.com and fark.com and rule the internet!!!

Also it would be awesome to have other people trim my dog's nails. It's a real pain to do it myself.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I've bought four Powerball tickets, and I'm honestly terrified of winning.

Once I won $5000 on the superbowl pool at the bar I tended at. Thank god I wasn't working. Soon I had to quit. No one would visit me anymore. If they did, the tips were $0 or $1. Later when I would visit, I'd be glared at. I'd see former customers whispering to their friends while pointing a finger in my direction.

This was a working class place in a not great area.

If I hit Powerball I'd never see these streets again

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'd hire the cast of Star Trek Voyager to dress up in costume and act in character, and I will roll play as Neelix.

This will go on for an entire month.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i've had to convince my mom two times in the past few days not to blow her cash on the pursuit of wealth

help me

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

i've had to convince my mom two times in the past few days not to blow her cash on the pursuit of wealth

help me

how many tickets have u bought (so far)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Chinatown posted:

how many tickets have u bought (so far)
like seventeen

• Locked thread