Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Do you high end guys still do the 5 hard mission daily activity? 60 energy seems like a lot when I need tons of purple materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am only 47 or 48 or something and I am torn on it. I need all of my energy for farming gear, but I would also like a Dooku, BUT ALSO the exp feels super important because leveling has slowed to a crawl.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm only 42 but I still do it. It's the only way to get my Resistance Trooper any shards, and I want to at least get him up to 3*.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I run a poo poo ton of hard missions daily. I spend about 500 crystals on energy.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I just got the 4* tuskan raider with lots of R's in his name from the 250 coin pull. I did not think you could get anything but 1 or 2 star people from that.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Yeah I got a 4* Dathcha the other day from that. It was cool.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Perfect set of arenas. Started at 5pm at 28, 19, 12, 5, 1, challenged 2 at 5:55 and let the timer run out

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Fallorn posted:

I just got the 4* tuskan raider with lots of R's in his name from the 250 coin pull. I did not think you could get anything but 1 or 2 star people from that.

I got 4* Barriss. After that, if I never get anything good again I don't even care.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Just pulled a 4* Dathcha out of bronzium and I'm pissed because I already spent all this effort to promote and train a lvl 52 4* regular Jawa.

Everybody add me, I'm at lvl 52 with Phasma leading and 5*Daka and 5*Chewie backing her up. Sid and Lumi joining tomorrow...

Ally Code: 645-388-788

"Abulafia" in game, I think.

mdemone fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 9, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

Do you high end guys still do the 5 hard mission daily activity? 60 energy seems like a lot when I need tons of purple materials.

It's worth it, you'll lose out on a lot of exp/crystals by not finishing the daily missions, and you can still get purple gear from hards, in fact some hard missions have more than 1 type of purple gear.

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004
I've been playing this a ton, started a week ago. I spent some money today and got pretty lucky on some 8x pulls of Chromium packs. Here is what I have, wondering thoughts on Lightside and Darkside teams and also a PVP team.

For lightside I have been putting Finn as leader, then Rey, Barriss, Ahsoka Tano and Luke

For darkside I have been putting Darth Sidious, Talia, First Order Stormtrooper, Asajj Ventriss, Kylo Ren

Lightside
4* Rey
4* Finn
4* Barriss
3* Ahsoka Tano
3* Luke Skywalker
3* Clone Wars Chewie
3* Teebo
3* Poe
2 * JC

Darkside
4* Kylo Ren
4* HK-47
4* Darth Sidious
4* Assaj Ventress
3* Captain Phasma
2* First Order Stormtrooper
3* IG-88
3* Talia
3* Nightsister Initiate
2* IG-86

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I hope ships when released don't need to be starred up. That's gonna be a mother fucker if they need to be starred up.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

I hope ships when released don't need to be starred up. That's gonna be a mother fucker if they need to be starred up.

Nah. Well have to star, level, and gear them up! Can't have enough treadmills!

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Zotix posted:

Not gonna be any worse than characters now. And you'll have the characters starred up that you want to use, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Hughlander posted:

Perfect set of arenas. Started at 5pm at 28, 19, 12, 5, 1, challenged 2 at 5:55 and let the timer run out

Been sniping the second spot consistently just by rolling in and stalling the last fight. People are going to have trouble attacking you if you're constantly locked in a fight. All the opponents I'm fighting are pretty much 6+ levels above me now and given I've been blowing all my arena crystals on grinding, I can't even imagine how much these guys are spending to get a full Chromium squad of 6*s and hitting level 60+ in a server of 40s and 50s.

They really do need to balance the characters and the entire game eventually although I'm not sure how they're going to do it without some massive changes. Like I know that all F2P games are whale focused but there's no point for your average player to spend any money since the drop rates are so bad and the Chromium only characters are pretty much useless at end game since they're unfarmable.

Without Phasma and Daka, I'm not sure how any non whale has a chance to compete in arena at all.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Davethulhu posted:

I'm closing in on 60 and while expensive in terms of stamina, I still go for my daily Dooku and Resistance Pilot shards. That's enough for the five hard levels, 10 total levels (which is a joke anyway), and three each Light and Dark missions.

I've been going for three refreshes a day in hopes of getting my main team up to at least gear level 7 and am just hoping my stored up crystals don't burn out before then.

E: Welp, the retreat button is gone from GW. :rip: easy GW points.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 9, 2016

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Jibo posted:

Was there a patch or something?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Jibo posted:

It's still there for me.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Mr. Neutron posted:

It's still there for me.

It's gone for me as well. I'm pretty sure it was there earlier.

Edit: oh wait it shows up after you've taken a turn. I guess you can just shove a team in and then bail out after they've been hit

Kegslayer fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 9, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Kegslayer posted:

It's gone for me as well. I'm pretty sure it was there earlier.

Edit: oh wait it shows up after you've taken a turn. I guess you can just shove a team in and then bail out after they've been hit

Weird. I'm pretty sure I was able to retreat on my first turn before but I didn't really pay that close of attention.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I will say that when you should be able to retreat, sometimes the button won't appear for me. I have weird connection issues in GW sometimes where I can't retreat when I do hit the button and the app crashes.

I feel like GW and the rest of the game are not on the same servers because I don't have those connection issues in the rest of the game.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

You know what's bullshit? Dooku gets counterattack against Asajj's debuff move :psyduck:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Pimpmust posted:

You know what's bullshit? Dooku gets counterattack against Asajj's debuff move :psyduck:

I would like to keep bonus attacks off heals, though. But Asajj's debuff, and all debuffs probably, are programmed as attacks which is why they would trigger counterattacks.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

I will say that when you should be able to retreat, sometimes the button won't appear for me. I have weird connection issues in GW sometimes where I can't retreat when I do hit the button and the app crashes.

I feel like GW and the rest of the game are not on the same servers because I don't have those connection issues in the rest of the game.

Are you letting the other team get a hit in? Retreat only appears after they've attacked at least once.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm 2 shards away from Kylo Ren. Someone talk me down from spending cash to get enough crystals to refill my Cantina points. :ohdear:

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

I'm 2 shards away from Kylo Ren. Someone talk me down from spending cash to get enough crystals to refill my Cantina points. :ohdear:

He'll be there tomorrow!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

New Leaf posted:

DO IT

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

New Leaf posted:

The game is worth throwing a few bucks at.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Just start farming arakyd droid callers Mk. 4, it's a purple thing that drops from DS 5K, you need 20! (And 20 more when the level cap is raised)

kaschei fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 9, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
There's a gear level VIII?

gently caress me, man...

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress me, man...

Jedi Consular can get to gear level 8 at level 60. Guardian can too, but she sucks rear end.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress me, man...

Not everyone can hit it until the lvl cap goes up but yep! And you know IX will be here before the end of the year

On another note in a moment of weakness I bought a Chromium pack last night after dropping $20 for some crystals that would last me a couple weeks of energy refills. Got Snowtrooper shards. Figured I might as well try again since I have all of these crystals now and hey I might get something good! Clone Sergeant shards. Pissed off, I do a few missions, Challenges, etc. Use a Bronzium and get 700 credits. Quickly buy 2 more Chromium packs and get Royal Guard shards and IG-86 shards. Half my crystals gone on garbage. Learn from my mistakes people!

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

oops wrong forum posted:

Not everyone can hit it until the lvl cap goes up but yep! And you know IX will be here before the end of the year

On another note in a moment of weakness I bought a Chromium pack last night after dropping $20 for some crystals that would last me a couple weeks of energy refills. Got Snowtrooper shards. Figured I might as well try again since I have all of these crystals now and hey I might get something good! Clone Sergeant shards. Pissed off, I do a few missions, Challenges, etc. Use a Bronzium and get 700 credits. Quickly buy 2 more Chromium packs and get Royal Guard shards and IG-86 shards. Half my crystals gone on garbage. Learn from my mistakes people!

I got lucky and got Kylo on the big pack 3 days ago, as a kind of counterpoint, but I still wouldn't recommend buying packs over crystals, or basically anything. The random generation will gently caress you every single time. You basically have to only get already farmable hero's shards to make it worthwhile, lest you end up with an unusable garbage character or one stuck at the star ranking you got them at.

Crystals are expensive enough and the refills small enough that you hit the point of diminishing returns very quickly, so much so that you always quickly end up out of crystals, even if you only spend up until the 200 crystal refills, then stop. Thus, the best way to spend money is to buy the largest personally economical pack, then spend crystals out of it while not getting hit with the diminishing returns too much.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oops wrong forum posted:

If you're going to buy Chromium packs, just buy the biggest bundle. It's a lesson I learned the hard way.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Mooktastical posted:

I got lucky and got Kylo on the big pack 3 days ago, as a kind of counterpoint, but I still wouldn't recommend buying packs over crystals, or basically anything. The random generation will gently caress you every single time. You basically have to only get already farmable hero's shards to make it worthwhile, lest you end up with an unusable garbage character or one stuck at the star ranking you got them at.

Crystals are expensive enough and the refills small enough that you hit the point of diminishing returns very quickly, so much so that you always quickly end up out of crystals, even if you only spend up until the 200 crystal refills, then stop. Thus, the best way to spend money is to buy the largest personally economical pack, then spend crystals out of it while not getting hit with the diminishing returns too much.

Yup and I know all of this, I refill cantina once a day, energy until 200 and stop, and usually make more than half of that back from Arena/dailies each day. But I had that ITCH man, those packs were callin' me! :negative:

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I've played the game for the entire time I was on vacation. Monday I go back to work and decided I'll just spend a coffee a day on the game till I quit. Which to me means I'll do a large crystal purchase and do a 8 pack on Mondays.

It certainly brings more fun to me than my morning coffee.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Mooktastical posted:

Jedi Consular can get to gear level 8 at level 60. Guardian can too, but she sucks rear end.

One of those weirld little design choices in this game is how many "generic" characters there are, okay they need stuff you can fight which explains stormtroopers, battle droids etc (...Ewoks) and why not design them to be playable too while you're at it - but why do we have "generic" jedi? Gotta be plenty of named Jedi from wherever they can pull out to fill the roles of the generic Consular/Guardian etc.

(Generic Sith chaff lords would be pretty funny though, maybe the Knights of Ren? :v:)

oh oh, we need "First Order - Sanitation Stormtrooper (Ver. Finn)"

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well that's weird, yesterday I unlocked both Han and Luke through Arena shipments and Cantina battle rewards. Today I did 2 single Chromium pulls and got...Han and Luke, oh well 25/30 on them to the next level at least.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

LMAO, when are we getting Jedi Luke? I played Hard 5-B Dark Side so I could get to C and start farming Bariss, my team of leader 4* Phasma gear VII, 5* Sid gear VII, 4* IG-88 gear VI, 4* IG-86 gear VI, 4* Daka gear VI, lvls 56, 56, 50, 50, 52, and a borrowed 4*FOTP gear VI, breezed through until they got to solo Jedi Luke. He slaughtered my entire team with his Crit Up Attack Up Evasion BS, attacking multiple times and one-shotting most of my team. No idea how to take this guy down. Daka stunned him before she got one-shotted but it didn't matter since his meter immediately refilled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

oops wrong forum posted:

LMAO, when are we getting Jedi Luke?

Soon, along with a bunch of others, according to the datamined character list.

• Locked thread