Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Travis343 posted:

Also, whenever Deadpool isn't around, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Deadpool?"

And when he comes back, it is accompanied with a sound effect, "DEADPOOL!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gavok posted:

He also wrote a great Deadpool annual about a year ago where Spider-Man was all paranoid about the Chameleon constantly attacking him so Deadpool switched costumes with him and acted as Spider-Man for the day.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

He also wrote a great Deadpool annual about a year ago where Spider-Man was all paranoid about the Chameleon constantly attacking him so Deadpool switched costumes with him and acted as Spider-Man for the day.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Travis343 posted:

Also, whenever Deadpool isn't around, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Deadpool?"

I think you'll find that Deadpool is, in fact, the fireworks factory.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Travis343 posted:

I know it's not the reference everyone else is getting but all I can think of is that Phineas and Ferb cartoon where the pet platypus slips off every day to be a secret agent.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well that was the best issue of Spiddy and Diddy I've ever read

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gavok posted:

Heh. Now I'm thinking of that one issue where Deadpool and Superior Spidey are "teaming up" against a precognitive version of Donald Trump and Deadpool keeps insulting Doc Ock.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Keeshhound posted:

"Friends" seems like such a strong word...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I'd like to see the art of this panel extend further downwards...

EDIT: By that I mean I want to see how he bends his leg in that direction.

Choco1980 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 6, 2016

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
All new X-men #21:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

???

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

I really want to know what happens when he pushes both those levers forward at once.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

I'd like to see the art of this panel extend further downwards...

EDIT: By that I mean I want to see how he bends his leg in that direction.

Well he can, he can do the can-can because Cap needs a can can kicking him right into his cans.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

We have a new contender for worst costume ever.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Selachian posted:

He's got a little vagina in front

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

blarzgh posted:

He's got a little vagina in front

What do you expect from Cuntman?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Serious Frolicking posted:

What do you expect from Cuntman?

With that moniker? A a larger, more obvious vagina. As it is, he looks like the part of the sidekick, Cameltoe.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

tribbledirigible posted:

With that moniker? A a larger, more obvious vagina. As it is, he looks like the part of the sidekick, Cameltoe.

With that haircut it's pretty obvious to me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I dunno if it was ever used or if it was a commission or a lark, but here's Marquez parodying Incredible Hulk #340

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Selachian posted:

That description seems like it'd be an interesting novel. The whole "fought crime in a costume as a young man, lost all his money and found a normal life attending college."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

zoux posted:

I dunno if it was ever used or if it was a commission or a lark, but here's Marquez parodying Incredible Hulk #340

Deadpool shows up in the "Hulk vs Wolverine" straight to video movie. In it, Hulk and Wolverine both encounter each other wandering the Canadian countryside, and fight (duh). Then suddenly like, everyone from the Weapon X program show up and subdue them in attempt to like, use the powers in them for evil or something. Deadpool delivers his best line he's ever given when not inside a comic book when Wolverine wakes up from the "subduing": "HEY! Wolverine! It's me, Deadpool! Remember me? I shot you in the face!!"

To be fair, he did. The best part about this movie is they're pitting the few Marvel characters together that can be totally torn up by each other and live.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I remember that cartoon being super fun.

I remember almost nothing about the Hulk Thor half.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Deadpool shows up in the "Hulk vs Wolverine" straight to video movie. In it, Hulk and Wolverine both encounter each other wandering the Canadian countryside, and fight (duh). Then suddenly like, everyone from the Weapon X program show up and subdue them in attempt to like, use the powers in them for evil or something. Deadpool delivers his best line he's ever given when not inside a comic book when Wolverine wakes up from the "subduing": "HEY! Wolverine! It's me, Deadpool! Remember me? I shot you in the face!!"

To be fair, he did. The best part about this movie is they're pitting the few Marvel characters together that can be totally torn up by each other and live.

I don't remember a lot from that movie sadly. I remember the 5 minute segment of Deadpool trying to reassemble his arm after Wolverine sliced it into 4 parts and ended up putting parts on backwards. The other was him helping Wolvie near the end and trying to outrun the Hulk down a long hallway while shouting "Logan, buddy, I think we lost him!"

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Seriously, this is pretty much all gold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLCLRkYElAI

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

zoux posted:

I wanna say this was from Deadpool variant month.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Zeeman posted:

Seriously, this is pretty much all gold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLCLRkYElAI

Noooo, thaat was my favourite guuuuuun! :( still gets a laugh out of me.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I guess I have to be more into comics than I am to find most of Deadpool funny.

The other half of that cartoon was Hulk being separated from Bruce Banner by Loki, causing Hulk to blow up Asgard. Then it became about Thor's stupid family. So really neither half were really about Hulk so much.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I guess I have to be more into comics than I am to find most of Deadpool funny.

It doesn't really help.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If you don't groove on Deadpool's fool schtick immediately you're probably not going to start once you find out about the handful of pathos he's accrued in 20 years.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I find I tend to not like Deadpool books but I like books he's in where he's a guest or part of a team.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

zoux posted:

I find I tend to not like Deadpool books but I like books he's in where he's a guest or part of a team.

I can understand feeling he's at his best when he has someone to properly work off of, instead of wholly relying on "Thaaaat's Deadpool!"

Even in that entirely average Deadpool game (Thanks, steam sharing), the Cable Segments were some of the higher quality stuff in it because it had, you know, actual banter beyond someone going "Deadpool is crazy."

Though I did like the bouncy castle reveal.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

This artsy craft beer bullshit has gone too far!!!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The weird thing is I know who Iron Jaw is (served with Hitler in WWI, got his jaw blown off, etc.), but when did he get an ape body?

Also in looking him up, apparently the copyright has expired on Iron Jaw and he's now in the public domain. Atomic Robo character find of 2016?? Get on it Clevinger.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

mind the walrus posted:

If you don't groove on Deadpool's fool schtick immediately you're probably not going to start once you find out about the handful of pathos he's accrued in 20 years.

I wouldn't call it a handful, and he acquired most of it as soon as he was allowed to be anything besides a secondary character in a liefeld book.

It's a bit lame that most writers seem to want to either dump more trauma on him or just play him 100% wacky.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

mind the walrus posted:

It is kind of weird that one of Marvel's most popular humor characters is a suicidal, cancer-ridden rape victim mass murderer who used to torture his loved ones due to control issues and unknowingly murdered his parents.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

It is kind of weird that one of Marvel's most popular humor characters is a suicidal, cancer-ridden rape victim mass murderer who used to torture his loved ones due to control issues and unknowingly murdered his parents.

Eh, we've already seen like 27 different versions of whatever was going on with his parents, I wouldn't count the Posehn/Duggan version as the word of god.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Eh, we've already seen like 27 different versions of whatever was going on with his parents, I wouldn't count the Posehn/Duggan version as the word of god.

The Watcher's eyes do not lie.

Nor does the current version of Sabretooth, I guess.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"Yes, Wade Wilson. You killed your parents, and they were neither clones, robots, or simulacra."

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Scaramouche posted:

The weird thing is I know who Iron Jaw is (served with Hitler in WWI, got his jaw blown off, etc.), but when did he get an ape body?

Also in looking him up, apparently the copyright has expired on Iron Jaw and he's now in the public domain. Atomic Robo character find of 2016?? Get on it Clevinger.

He is a goon after all. In fact are we sure iron jaw isn't helsingard after all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lurdiak posted:

I wouldn't call it a handful, and he acquired most of it as soon as he was allowed to be anything besides a secondary character in a liefeld book.

It's a bit lame that most writers seem to want to either dump more trauma on him or just play him 100% wacky.
The last series seemed to have a really good balance between wacky and trauma. The retcon-out-of-everything bit where any contradictions in canon where because he had implanted memories while people harvested his organs didn't even play as serious despite how hosed up it would really be because it, along with him crying about his long-lost daughter and hanging out with War-crime X-Men, was sandwiched between retcon adventures with Heroes for Hire and a time-travelling Wakandan vacation complete with knock-off Kirby art.