Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Was that a Kenny cosplayer in the front row? Like, from South Park Kenny? I thought cosplay was banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

So now this is Silent Games Done Quick

Mostly an improvement.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it should be a blind relay imo, each dude has no idea what was happening before his turn

to go with mute stream

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Oh it's my favorite runners, MahdhPhd'll, hdggsidlib, gdhGuid, and Tandkdmn

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
a run so long it takes 4 loving people

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
EST: 5:35:00

:stare:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Was that a Kenny cosplayer in the front row? Like, from South Park Kenny? I thought cosplay was banned.

i think she just doesn't wanna be seen on camera next to beardo

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Turn the sound off please

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

why do they all have controllers wtf

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dezinus posted:

Oh it's my favorite runners, MahdhPhd'll, hdggsidlib, gdhGuid, and Tandkdmn

:yeah:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

"insanely long speedrun"

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
That's a nice completely illegible list of runner names.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I think calling this coop was misleading. It's just a relay right? I was expecting something like that cool hacked 2 player mario 64 run.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
The Something Awful AGDQ thread is once again shocked to see a long speedrun of a long game

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LibbyM posted:

I think calling this coop was misleading. It's just a relay right? I was expecting something like that cool hacked 2 player mario 64 run.

4 Links running around trying to get 100% would be amazing, but yeah, it's a relay.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
this is kind of an anal definition of 100%

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Has this guy taken a breath yet?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Wait, they're going to get all the masks? Even the Mask of Truth? Jesus.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

yea a 5 and a half hour race that's a good idea, let me juszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Better than just constant exciting runs, now there's a big block you can go sleep or whatever! :v:

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

He's on a timer here, the first cycle is only 22 minutes. :v:

E: Wait, are they doing a cycle for each player? When one of them is 80% of the run?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Wait, they're going to get all the masks? Even the Mask of Truth? Jesus.

100% usually means everything, or one hundred percent.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Looper posted:

this is kind of an anal definition of 100%

Weird poo poo happens when a community's big enough to have both runners who want to mathematically solve the video game and those who just want to play real fast

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The Lobster posted:

Huh, why?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

What's his "Basically" count?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Corpses stink up the place

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

OOT 100% was dull as dishwater last year and I expect this to be similar, unfortunately.

I think what's best for these games is a happy medium category between any% and 100%; not skipping the whole game, but also not spending 5 hours scouring every corner of the map.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Zivilyn Bane posted:

What's his "Basically" count?

nowhere near wr

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

koolkal posted:

nowhere near wr

BAD STRATS

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game. Cool atmosphere and interesting mechanic with the time resetting and NPC schedules.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

CJ posted:

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game. Cool atmosphere and interesting mechanic with the time resetting and NPC schedules.

:yeah:

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I guess I'm the only one excited for this. It's making me want to go and play the n64 Zeldas, which I recently bought but haven't touched yet... Problem is, through gifts and sales, I've gotten over 20 new, large, games over the holidays.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

OOT 100% was dull as dishwater last year and I expect this to be similar, unfortunately.

I think what's best for these games is a happy medium category between any% and 100%; not skipping the whole game, but also not spending 5 hours scouring every corner of the map.

Yeah the OOT run we just watched was basically the perfect speedrun of that game that I've always wanted to see. It showed off a ton of stuff, glitching all over the place, and was really fun. Doing absolutely everything is just way too long.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I like how the donation ticker is still showing the Majora's Mask filename votes

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

CJ posted:

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I wish that guy telling us what RNG meant was doing it as a joke, but I think he's dead serious.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Roflan posted:

I guess I'm the only one excited for this. It's making me want to go and play the n64 Zeldas, which I recently bought but haven't touched yet... Problem is, through gifts and sales, I've gotten over 20 new, large, games over the holidays.

I'm not on the edge of my seat but I'm looking forward to keeping it on my second monitor for the next 5 hours :yeah:

e: Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening for console/handheld best Zelda award all year every year.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Mmmmm I sure love forced video game analogies to cancer

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, it was jackafur. I remember it came up in last years AGDQ thread after the fact, but it was more or less a "no, you jackass, what the gently caress is wrong with you" thing, asking someone to marry you in front of a crowd. Apparently they're back together and seem pretty happy, but it's still a hosed up thing to do to someone. :(

Also dude, they got the mask salesman skip. That's like a 1 or 2 frame trick by just straight up ignoring the event flag. I don't know how they're going to do a 100%, because of the Postman nonsense.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah the OOT run we just watched was basically the perfect speedrun of that game that I've always wanted to see. It showed off a ton of stuff, glitching all over the place, and was really fun. Doing absolutely everything is just way too long.

Yeah, it looks like categories like All Cards for Paper Mario and All Dungeons were made to fill the role Any% used to before glitches were found that let runner beat the game in less time than it takes to make a good sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Alabaster White posted:

Mmmmm I sure love forced video game analogies to cancer

You're in luck!

• Locked thread