Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Here's the clip. He looks broken and defeated.

https://vid.me/Lz3O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Never his fault.

Anthony Cumia Verified account
‏@AnthonyCumia
Regardless of how hosed anyone believes my personal life is, to have “comics” judge me & exclude me from an event is astounding.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

https://youtu.be/Eu-BqOsvj00

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Chromatic posted:

Never his fault.

Anthony Cumia Verified account
‏@AnthonyCumia
Regardless of how hosed anyone believes my personal life is, to have “comics” judge me & exclude me from an event is astounding.

I wonder if it's possible for Ant to just let something go. Burning bridges over a benefit that he notes isn't even about Patrice anymore really shouldn't be a big deal.

Chromatic posted:

This is the precursor to a night of beating or firing guns in his basement while crying.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

How Much Art posted:

I think the victim in all of this is East Side Dave

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Chromatic posted:

Racist, accused domestic abuser uninvited from black comedian's benefit by widow, comments 'I don't get it'

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
"I don't get it, I would've liked to go"
"Ehhh, it wasn't even about Patrice anymore anyway"
"I'm a little disappointed"
"Ehhh, I didn't even REALLY want to go"
"They probably just did this so Opie could attend"
"Bill Burr thinks I'm scum poo poo. Not sure why he thinks that."
"PEOPLE OF COLOR. REVERSE RACISM."

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Anthony got involved with the daughter of one of the most beloved comedy club owners in NYC, and not only did it blow up spectacularly like everyone knew it would, it ended with some pretty serious abuse allegations on top of that. Now he's wondering why he was uninvited from an event with VERY close ties to the NY comedy scene and still manages to blame it on black people.

He's a loving idiot.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Anthony got involved with the daughter of one of the most beloved comedy club owners in NYC, and not only did it blow up spectacularly like everyone knew it would, it ended with some pretty serious abuse allegations on top of that. Now he's wondering why he was uninvited from an event with VERY close ties to the NY comedy scene and still manages to blame it on black people.

He's a loving idiot.

Indeed he is. Not only is he continuing with the same behaviors that got him fired and make him toxic in the entertainment community, he doesn't seem to get that his continued behavior will alienate him from his friends just to save their own careers. Who would sacrifice a good-paying gig to back some racist and little-known radio talk show host like Ant? Yet Ant doesn't really piece that together. He's never the problem: it's always someone in some group that he can blame as he continues to live like the world's oldest and most ignorant teenager.

So, in short: not just a loving idiot, but a loving rear end in a top hat as well.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Racist, accused domestic abuser uninvited from black comedian's benefit by widow, comments 'I don't get it'

Considering Patrice had been convicted of a sex crime, was open about being racial in his conversation, and seemed to have a fond, friendly rivalry with Ant, I would imagine that if it weren't for the Opie drama (and, if Ant's right, it was still about Patrice), that Ant would fit right in.

Going by what I've heard and what I'm hearing, Ant & Patrice were better friends than O&A were, or at least tolerated each other a lot more. :shrug:

Not that I think Ant deserves to go or anything but Ant and Patrice were both screwy in their own ways, and the guy seemingly took to the Tunisian Knife Fighter.

Edit: Ant can gently caress right off with the whole "Where's my white privilege" thing, to be fair. :cripes:

Morter fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 8, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Chromatic posted:

Dude's gonna be dead by the end of the year at the rate he's falling apart.

I almost feel bad for him because he's gotten a pass on all of his horrible flaws for so long, he's can't comprehend why people aren't ok with them now. It's reminds me of that one Doug Stanhope bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU5XIVZQDhE 'wait remember ha ha ha i'm gonna die a pedophile racist. that was more fun'

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 8, 2016

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I don't get the whole "it's not about Patrice" thing. It's a benefit for his family. Even if the lineup has changed from past years (and I'm sure it has, I haven't paid attention to it), it's still very much about him.

Ant is a mess.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

TL posted:

I don't get the whole "it's not about Patrice" thing. It's a benefit for his family. Even if the lineup has changed from past years (and I'm sure it has, I haven't paid attention to it), it's still very much about him.

Ant is a mess.

The line up has definitely changed because ever since the first one they've always had more comics who wanted to perform than they had room for. The Patrice benefit becoming "less about Patrice" doesn't matter at all since the point is just to raise money for his loved ones. I'm pretty sure Patrice cared more about his mother than Anthony or any of his retard fans, but they try to spin it otherwise.

Also I think it's really sad by the way that Anthony briefly blamed this on Opie in that video.

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005

Morter posted:

Considering Patrice had been convicted of a sex crime, was open about being racial in his conversation, and seemed to have a fond, friendly rivalry with Ant, I would imagine that if it weren't for the Opie drama (and, if Ant's right, it was still about Patrice), that Ant would fit right in.

Going by what I've heard and what I'm hearing, Ant & Patrice were better friends than O&A were, or at least tolerated each other a lot more. :shrug:

Not that I think Ant deserves to go or anything but Ant and Patrice were both screwy in their own ways, and the guy seemingly took to the Tunisian Knife Fighter.

Edit: Ant can gently caress right off with the whole "Where's my white privilege" thing, to be fair. :cripes:

Patrice was convicted of statutory for having sex with a fifteen year old when he was 17. There's a world of difference between that and noted ghoul Anthony Cumia, plotting in his Long Island bunker how he's gonna beat Jimmy Savile's record.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I'm waiting for someone to make an Uncle Paul twitter account and start loudly defending Ant.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

blackmarketlimb posted:

Patrice was convicted of statutory for having sex with a fifteen year old when he was 17. There's a world of difference between that and noted ghoul Anthony Cumia, plotting in his Long Island bunker how he's gonna beat Jimmy Savile's record.

that point aside, it's still pretty true that Ant and Patrice were friends and a lot more similar than people seem to recognize

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

They were both hilarious people that would sabotage their careers rather than lose face, and both racists. One was more funny while being racist.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
And, let's face it, Patrice's racism was grounded in reality. Anthony's racism is grounded with his shithead of a dad raising him.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
Patrice's racism was just milquetoast black guy racism. His virulent misogyny is where he really shined

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Right about now it would be fun if Ron's "Serious?" text was met with a professional response and he had actually joined Anthony's whole deal.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Right now I want Ant and Fez doing a show together.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Under the vegetable posted:

Right now I want Ant and Fez doing a show together.

I think this would actually kill Fezzie

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

that point aside, it's still pretty true that Ant and Patrice were friends and a lot more similar than people seem to recognize

Actual friends or radio friends?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
"Here lies Fez:

Callers said 'human being' on a radio show, so he died."

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VikingSkull posted:

Well they did kinda both enjoy treating girls like poo poo, but Ant has perfected it

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cavauro posted:

Right about now it would be fun if Ron's "Serious?" text was met with a professional response and he had actually joined Anthony's whole deal.

That would mean I would be paying Anthony Cumia, no thanks.

I must have missed this, what was the non-professional response to Ron?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

CrashCat posted:

Well they did kinda both enjoy treating girls like poo poo, but Ant has perfected it

Because he outlasted Patrice :rip:

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

AndrewP posted:

That would mean I would be paying Anthony Cumia, no thanks.

I must have missed this, what was the non-professional response to Ron?

Keith the Cop took to social media and began blabbing on as if the deal was in the bag and the show already existed. He even made a terrible logo that seems to have now vanished from Twitter.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

ozza posted:

He even made a terrible logo that seems to have now vanished from Twitter.

I think it was actually a fan-made logo that Keith took and slopped all over twitter.

That logo was actually pretty sweet and I imagine this show would have been amazing 10 years ago before Anthony's racism.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

MrChupon posted:

I think this would actually kill Fezzie

But what about Todd? Would he survive?

Seriously, it wouldn't kill Fezzie. I'm sure the medics would get there in time. But it would shatter him mentally. Which I think would probably need to happen as he's locked up so much that to be forced to hit rock bottom and either start recovering or go completely catatonic would just solve his issues one way or another.

For some reason I think the whole show would have Fez try to leave the compound, unable to find the door, and just start wandering around sobbing uncontrollably until he collapsed on the desk, which would shatter like a WWE Spanish Announce table.

gently caress it: this needs to happen this year. If this whole radio show thing is going to end in a fury of racism, sobbing, and crushed friendships, they might as well go out like a loving atom bomb. The Final AFRO Show ever.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Chromatic posted:

I think it was actually a fan-made logo that Keith took and slopped all over twitter.

That logo was actually pretty sweet and I imagine this show would have been amazing 10 years ago before Anthony's racism.

Eh, I thought it looks hack - the faux grungy look, the suits, the 1/3 sized Ronnie B.... I agree that it would have been a good show if they'd done it a few years ago, though.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

But what about Todd? Would he survive?

Seriously, it wouldn't kill Fezzie. I'm sure the medics would get there in time. But it would shatter him mentally. Which I think would probably need to happen as he's locked up so much that to be forced to hit rock bottom and either start recovering or go completely catatonic would just solve his issues one way or another.

For some reason I think the whole show would have Fez try to leave the compound, unable to find the door, and just start wandering around sobbing uncontrollably until he collapsed on the desk, which would shatter like a WWE Spanish Announce table.

gently caress it: this needs to happen this year. If this whole radio show thing is going to end in a fury of racism, sobbing, and crushed friendships, they might as well go out like a loving atom bomb. The Final AFRO Show ever.
As much as Fez keeling over in a studio would be a perfect payoff to years of both real and fake anxiety attacks, he'll never do it. That YouTube clip of "The Jiz Show Conspiracy" is 3 hours of Ron and Pepper trying to goad Fez into doing ONE show with Jim and he just sits there and says "No, I'm not doing that" and continue to spectate a show with his name on it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Cory Lidle posted:

As much as Fez keeling over in a studio would be a perfect payoff to years of both real and fake anxiety attacks, he'll never do it. That YouTube clip of "The Jiz Show Conspiracy" is 3 hours of Ron and Pepper trying to goad Fez into doing ONE show with Jim and he just sits there and says "No, I'm not doing that" and continue to spectate a show with his name on it.

Yeah, it would never happen. By this point Fez is probably a shut-in whose only human interaction is either whining to Ron on an hourly basis or yelling at his family to stop stealing his money as they do all the necessary things for their crazy uncle to survive.

I guess, deep down, I want to see Fez tortured simply because he's such an insufferable gently caress. Then again, he's doing a good slow motion suicide on his own. Have we gotten any more updates from Ron after the whole 'I shouldn't have done the bypass surgery' bitching bit?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Yeah, it would never happen. By this point Fez is probably a shut-in whose only human interaction is either whining to Ron on an hourly basis or yelling at his family to stop stealing his money as they do all the necessary things for their crazy uncle to survive.

I guess, deep down, I want to see Fez tortured simply because he's such an insufferable gently caress. Then again, he's doing a good slow motion suicide on his own. Have we gotten any more updates from Ron after the whole 'I shouldn't have done the bypass surgery' bitching bit?

Look at this rube rear end mark walking down the midway with his propeller hat and cotton candy.

(actually, i just really hope he wasn't as bad as he seemed on the radio :ohdear: )

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 9, 2016

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Everything on Ron and Fez was real.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

An Enormous Boner posted:

Everything on Rob and Fez was real.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Look at this rube rear end mark walking down the midway with his propeller hat and cotton candy.

(actually, i just really hope he wasn't as bad as he seemed on the radio :ohdear: )

I thought the whole thing was a bit as well until they posted that pic of Fez's scalp. There's no way that happens to a person that is sane. Even if he did it for a bit, that's still too far for a loving radio show.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

I thought the whole thing was a bit as well until they posted that pic of Fez's scalp. There's no way that happens to a person that is sane. Even if he did it for a bit, that's still too far for a loving radio show.

pretty much none of fez's decline was a bit because he's out of a job and ron is still doing radio.. that speaks volumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
Ron said this week that Fez is still afraid to date because he's afraid of being robbed and beat up by a gay guy

• Locked thread