Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Wow it'd have been awesome if that was explained literally anywhere in the game interface

it's in "achievements" I think, but yeah you really have to dig for it

anyway a little CW is good for getting you extra poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Pattonesque posted:

it's in "achievements" I think, but yeah you really have to dig for it

anyway a little CW is good for getting you extra poo poo

Is everyone still in clans in the OP? I'm pretty much ready to go both feet first into the game, I have a strong grasp of how to build a good mech, understand the play style and have been having fun tutoring my pals on how to build effective mechs and helping them find their preferred play styles.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

honestly I think we should do a constant tour of the Inner Sphere on one-week contracts

that way it gives newbirds (and everyone, really) a chance to get some extra mechbays in CW

This works, too. But we're not going Davion. :colbert:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Anita Dickinme posted:

This works, too. But we're not going Davion. :colbert:

fair, we don't want to catch the Bads

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/685625033251618817

Catapult getting "completely remodeled"

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I missed pubbies getting irrationally angry at videogames. Had some guy literally screaming at someone to stand at the base through the match.

No one did and we eventually lost to a base capture(lol), and he had a full meltdown. Wish I had been recording.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

honestly I think we should do a constant tour of the Inner Sphere on one-week contracts

that way it gives newbirds (and everyone, really) a chance to get some extra mechbays in CW

This, I need some more mechbays. Also someone show me a good EBJ build that doesn't involve staring at the enemy with UACs or copying the 2LPL/lots of small Pulse Timber Wolf.

Actually, I think that's the problem with the EBJ. It's like the Timber Wolf's smaller window-licking brother.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Vorenus posted:

This, I need some more mechbays. Also someone show me a good EBJ build that doesn't involve staring at the enemy with UACs or copying the 2LPL/lots of small Pulse Timber Wolf.

Actually, I think that's the problem with the EBJ. It's like the Timber Wolf's smaller window-licking brother.

could do the tried-and-true laservom

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=7f2ee597629589f926d243a03f837987b9089722

or ERLL for CW

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=280&l=0243720322c80955f5dbbd830a1e98b4098b40ec

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Dammit, I just realized that every mech I want to build is just a bunch of large lasers (laser centurion, laser raven, laserbarf Stalker).

I have the autism.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Tujague posted:

Dammit, I just realized that every mech I want to build is just a bunch of large lasers (laser centurion, laser raven, laserbarf Stalker).

I have the autism.

It's not exactly your fault that too many of the alternative weapons are non-viable

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Reminder because it's tomorrow:

Love Stole the Day posted:

:siren: Goon Inhouse Event Post :siren:

I saw the positive responses to my post earlier so here's the announcement.

Show up to the Goonrathi Mumble at this time on Saturday, January 9th (if you're in the eastern hemisphere, then sunday)

We will do most if not all of the suggested gimmicky bullshit for as long as people are still cool to keep going.

PS: problem solved! :siren: if you have premium time banked or are willing to spend 250mc, please contact me (izov) because you gotta have premium time in order to make lobbies and i'm not giving PGI money.

Also 2 hours before this there is the WoL CW stuff with Takk. Should be a fun day of robots.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
heh just got 1052 and 5 kills in the splat timber. Running in a group that is mostly t4 is super fun.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
tales from the brown sea

some poor dude posted:

No, I don't plan to quit playing, but I am thinking about seeing just how low I can get my PSR to drop.

4 months of playing daily (currently 660 matches) and I am still very firmly in Tier 5. 48 kills, 612 deaths and a 0.08 rating and always seeing my rating drop after each mission.

At what point do you abandon an account and create a new one to start over now that you know what you are doing? Or is there hope of ever seeing Tier 4?

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
He's just doing an experiment to see how hard he can tank his ratings.

Right? :laugh:

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

tales from the brown sea

I want to trade tier ratings with this guy so bad. I never got to play in the glorious tier 5 rating because loving MWO somehow decided to let me skip it :c

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

TVDinna posted:

I want to trade tier ratings with this guy so bad. I never got to play in the glorious tier 5 rating because loving MWO somehow decided to let me skip it :c

I had two matches at Tier 5 before the game went "Yeah, no" and bumped me up into Tier 4. Tier 5 in the Splatlas was a magical time of 8-9+ kills against stock builds and Kit Foxes.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Banano has demonstrated the power of chain firing SRM4s endlessly by clutching the round against assaults as a Jenner. (Anticheese helped in the end with the last guy too though)

Company 2 is having weight problems because we're all trying to run lights boating SRM4s. We cannot stop winning.

Please chain fire SRM4s more often, everyone. It's really good.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I think I might play robots tonight

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Game is good again?

Is there still retarded poo poo like phantom heat and sniper boats all day?

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
Veedubfreak was talking about how Zeus are bad mechs, this is my current fun build:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=258&l=ccad94a700151dcf81b3f6f136c910ab85feeed9

Enjoy using your left side to block with before swinging around and unloading a shitton of SRMs at someone's face!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
No no, i was just saying all i ever heard was that Zeus was bad mech. I don't own them, I was merely asking.

Get on mumbles 19 lets shoot robers.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Drythe posted:

Game is good again?

Is there still retarded poo poo like phantom heat and sniper boats all day?

yes

phantom heat still exists and they nerfed sniper boats.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Love Stole the Day posted:

yes

phantom heat still exists and they nerfed sniper boats.

we ran into a team with 2 4 gauss dires sitting back and wrecking poo poo. Valid strat, but we only had 3 in the group at the time and the pubbies just kept ignoring them.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

veedubfreak posted:

we ran into a team with 2 4 gauss dires sitting back and wrecking poo poo. Valid strat, but we only had 3 in the group at the time and the pubbies just kept ignoring them.

Pubbies seemed extra dumb tonight. Never thought I'd see an all LRM Atlas, and yet tonight forced me to spectate this idiot stumble around on Alpine.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Free premium time: yes please. This will justify playing a bunch this week.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

because of the freemium and the fact I am back to good internet i played again...

had a godamn heart attack.

Big blob battle, team dies whats left are 3 king crabs playing hunt the cicada, I am the Cicada

The cicada wins, entire battle I am freaking out was at like 30% health too with my legs and CT red at the end. It was glorious!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
The 6 ballistic Mauler is loving absurd. I only got 1 match in it before work but when you put guns on something they feel it.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
i cant believe how bad everyone who plays this game is. next stop 4k damage

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

abuse culture. posted:

i cant believe how bad everyone who plays this game is. next stop 4k damage

I thought NKVA was boycotting the game after a bunch of you got banned for repeatedly being Godwin-level trolls in open chat innocently saying "I'm gay" that one time.

Bait and Swatch posted:

Pubbies seemed extra dumb tonight. Never thought I'd see an all LRM Atlas, and yet tonight forced me to spectate this idiot stumble around on Alpine.
Yesterday evening was full moon madness. Out of 18 matches or so, all but two looked like the results of a Yellboss-guided Goon 12-man vs. Tier 5 pubbies with joysticks.

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 9, 2016

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Vorenus posted:

I thought NKVA was boycotting the game after a bunch of you got banned for repeatedly being Godwin-level trolls in open chat innocently saying "I'm gay" that one time.

almost none of us play anymore because this game is beyond hope but i still like to play occasionally because i am insanely good

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Thronde posted:

The 6 ballistic Mauler is loving absurd. I only got 1 match in it before work but when you put guns on something they feel it.

Yeah but how fast is it? How much ammo? I rolled around in an 4xAC5 tonight and had a fine time trucking about at 60ish kph.

I tried it in smurphy but couldn't get it above 40 kph and short ammo. We're you using AC2s?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

abuse culture. posted:

almost none of us play anymore because this game is beyond hope but i still like to play occasionally because i am insanely good

Are you good good or just modpud good?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

DiHK posted:

Yeah but how fast is it? How much ammo? I rolled around in an 4xAC5 tonight and had a fine time trucking about at 60ish kph.

I tried it in smurphy but couldn't get it above 40 kph and short ammo. We're you using AC2s?

Stock 270, 5x ac5,2x medium lasers (that I might remove) does 46 or some slow poo poo. It's not fast.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Skoll posted:

I am good good

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
The only thing that can make Thronde's Mardi Gras-themed robot paint jobs is a mod that changes LRM rockets to bead necklaces.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jan 9, 2016

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Skoll posted:

nobody can ever be as good as modpud, she is literally greatest player in the entire game, everybody knows her name

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/87101-best-players-that-you-ever-seen/page__st__440__p__1891404#entry1891404

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

teepo posted:

nobody can ever be as good as modpud, she is literally greatest player in the entire game, everybody knows her name

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/87101-best-players-that-you-ever-seen/page__st__440__p__1891404#entry1891404

mentallillness.txt

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

The only way I can see them remodeling the catapult is if they make it skinnier, right now it's kinda chubby.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Baudin posted:

Veedubfreak was talking about how Zeus are bad mechs, this is my current fun build:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=258&l=ccad94a700151dcf81b3f6f136c910ab85feeed9

Enjoy using your left side to block with before swinging around and unloading a shitton of SRMs at someone's face!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

How the hell are people fitting 3 AC5s on a MAD-3R? Just not bothering with taking any lasers? Best I can manage is this, but you have no ammo or heatsinks to speak of: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=345&l=1123f41cc6065b6ce0cfd03d6845c55f8d843439

That is NOT enough ammo.

For that Marauder, your main guns are the AC/5s. You've just invested 24 tons for the weapon systems, how are you only going to spend 3 tons on ammo?

here, use this: DAKKARAUDER

Those Medium lasers are strictly backup weapons. You don't really want to be in range to use them. This is not a brawl mech. Stay away from the brawl. You have more than enough heat sinks to keep firing those AC/5s, so you don't need to come up with tonnage for more DHS. Normally you don't put ammo in the CT, but this thing shits through ammo so fast that it normally won't be a concern. When in doubt, shoot.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
How the hell are people fitting 3 AC5s on a MAD-3R? Just not bothering with taking any lasers? Best I can manage is this, but you have no ammo or heatsinks to speak of: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=345&l=1123f41cc6065b6ce0cfd03d6845c55f8d843439

• Locked thread