Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

MisterBibs posted:

In the game Startopia (Dungeon Keeper meets Theme Hospital meets DS9 meets HGTTG), the indolent rich Gem Slugs will occasionally glitch out when visiting their custom bar/spa building.

They will sit in the spa and utterly freeze, while the simulation will continue to track all of their various stats and needs. In the end, the Gem Slug will be ejected from the spa, dead as a doornail.

The developers didn't fix it because they liked the idea that these super-rich, super-lazy fucks are so lazy that they forget their needs.

That's the way I want to go out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Well after 226 hours, Fallout 4 has finally poo poo the bed in a most spectacular way.

I've met the Institute and taken a break from the main quest to do some bobblehead hunting and base building and some companion affiliation maxing. All good, having a blast. Finally decided to take Preston along for a bit, since he loves it when I help settlements out.

Get a mission from a settlement to take out a bunch of raiders at some beach. No worries mate, we'll sort that out.

Fast travel there. Instantly discover I fast travel in the dead center of their little encampment. A surprise, but I'm level 92 and these chucklefuck are reading as level 14, max. Preston and I go to work, he with his default charge rifle and me with a Two Shot fully upgraded Sniper Rifle that will pop just about any head that passes through its scope. Except...

I first notice that even though I'm hilariously outnumbered and completely surrounded without cover, and the enemy are being very carefree with their grenade stockpile, I'm not losing any health. Except when one raider runs up to me and hits me with a pool cue. That shaves a little health off, so I put a bullet through his chest, at which point he sails away from me in slow motion. I look around and see another raider, blown out a second story window by Preston, also gracefully cartwheeling to earth. I start to throw grenades. They do nothing. The earth now has moon gravity that applies strictly to ragdolls, and explosives don't hurt anybody.

I switch to my combat rifle and start blasting away, only to find that bullets are ineffective now too. They pass harmlessly through my targets. So we are in an enormous firefight, but its all bark and no bite, as our weapons discharge nothing but wishes. Then there isn't even any bark to our futile attempts; my weapons are completely silent now, and only half the enemy gunfire makes noise.

A large group of Super mutants join the fray. They are armed with big guns, miniguns are rocket launchers, as well as a few mutated hounds. Their weapons prove just as useless. The mutants do hurt me when they melee, however.

I attempt to kill one with VATS. The screen zooms in on his head, with a 95% chance of hitting. I use all my action points. I see all my shots land, but they do nothing. The super mutants skin produce ricochet sparks, as if they are made of metal. My action points were not depleted.

The hounds manage to kill a few more raiders, and Preston seems to be the only one capable of doing any damage. I let a mutant hit me over and over again, in a futile attempt to be killed and freed of this hell. Preston shoots him in the back, and he floats off over the horizon, spinning gracefully all the while.

I reload. The situation is the same.

I reload a previous save. No luck.

I think my Fallout 4 is hosed beyond all hope now, guys. :(

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

princecoo posted:

Well after 226 hours, Fallout 4 has finally poo poo the bed in a most spectacular way.

I've met the Institute and taken a break from the main quest to do some bobblehead hunting and base building and some companion affiliation maxing. All good, having a blast. Finally decided to take Preston along for a bit, since he loves it when I help settlements out.

Get a mission from a settlement to take out a bunch of raiders at some beach. No worries mate, we'll sort that out.

Fast travel there. Instantly discover I fast travel in the dead center of their little encampment. A surprise, but I'm level 92 and these chucklefuck are reading as level 14, max. Preston and I go to work, he with his default charge rifle and me with a Two Shot fully upgraded Sniper Rifle that will pop just about any head that passes through its scope. Except...

I first notice that even though I'm hilariously outnumbered and completely surrounded without cover, and the enemy are being very carefree with their grenade stockpile, I'm not losing any health. Except when one raider runs up to me and hits me with a pool cue. That shaves a little health off, so I put a bullet through his chest, at which point he sails away from me in slow motion. I look around and see another raider, blown out a second story window by Preston, also gracefully cartwheeling to earth. I start to throw grenades. They do nothing. The earth now has moon gravity that applies strictly to ragdolls, and explosives don't hurt anybody.

I switch to my combat rifle and start blasting away, only to find that bullets are ineffective now too. They pass harmlessly through my targets. So we are in an enormous firefight, but its all bark and no bite, as our weapons discharge nothing but wishes. Then there isn't even any bark to our futile attempts; my weapons are completely silent now, and only half the enemy gunfire makes noise.

A large group of Super mutants join the fray. They are armed with big guns, miniguns are rocket launchers, as well as a few mutated hounds. Their weapons prove just as useless. The mutants do hurt me when they melee, however.

I attempt to kill one with VATS. The screen zooms in on his head, with a 95% chance of hitting. I use all my action points. I see all my shots land, but they do nothing. The super mutants skin produce ricochet sparks, as if they are made of metal. My action points were not depleted.

The hounds manage to kill a few more raiders, and Preston seems to be the only one capable of doing any damage. I let a mutant hit me over and over again, in a futile attempt to be killed and freed of this hell. Preston shoots him in the back, and he floats off over the horizon, spinning gracefully all the while.

I reload. The situation is the same.

I reload a previous save. No luck.

I think my Fallout 4 is hosed beyond all hope now, guys. :(

Welcome to Hjaðningavíg.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

princecoo posted:

Try using a pool cue yourself.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The most bethesda way for a save to die possible.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Should make a video of it.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Rise of The Tomb Raider started glitching enemies out of existence. Sometimes I'll shoot a guy and as he begins his stagger animation his torso begins violently contorting, then he *pops* out of Lara's reality. A couple times wolves will get this far away look in their eyes mid lunge and then just go... away. The best is when it happens during a melee execution, because the camera angle switches to a more cinematic view of Lara trying to split some dude's head like a melon, only to be stymied by his ability to unplug from The Matrix.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have pretty much never, ever seen a glitch in Serious Sam that was not intentional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hprU9ilsFiI

Until I caught this gnaar on like his lunch break or something.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Jamfrost posted:

Should make a video of it.

I just went to do exactly that, but it seems restarting the entire game has fixed it. My saves all seemed to be hosed last night, but upon starting the game today it is back to working fine again. I am both relieved and disappointed.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

You have spent, on average, over 6 hours a day since the release of Fallout 4 playing it.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

owl_pellet posted:

You have spent, on average, over 6 hours a day since the release of Fallout 4 playing it.

That's what Steam tells me.

Actually, that's probably right, since lately I've been coming home from work, playing for an hour, hitting escape so it's "paused", going to pick the kids up from daycare, getting them home, getting dinner, bathing them, playing with them then putting them to bed, then playing the game for a couple of hours before bed. So actual gameplay isn't anywhere near as much as however long the game has been running.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Play time in Steam includes time the launcher is running.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AHURRRRRRR

(not pictured: Most of preplaced, posed corpses spawning this way for me.)

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Just had another Fallout 4 glitch - You get an Institute mission to recover a synth with the assistance of a Synth Courser. After the completion of the mission, you go back to the institute to report what happened, then are given some private quarters to use in the Institute, with the instruction to go check them out. You do so, and the Synth Courser that you just worked with is waiting for you, there is some dialogue and you're told to go back and talk to the Institute boss for your next mission.

That is what was supposed to happen.

What actually happened was my private quarters did not contain my Courser buddy. I didn't know to expect him, so I checked out my room, grabbed all the stuff, had a nap, but the quest wouldn't go away and the quest marker kept directing me to the middle of my new living room. I talked to every Institute NPC I could find, saved and loaded, left and fast travelled back, nothing. So I left it, did a few other quests, came back, no dice.

I finally googled the problem, hoping for some console commands to fix my issue, and apparently sometimes the Courser gets stuck on the geometry of where you did your first mission. Finding him there and dislodging him can fix the issue.
So I went back and eventually found him to the South of where he was *supposed* to be, valiently attempting to bring down a Brotherhood vertibird by himself.

So he didn't get stuck. From what I can gather, what happened was this:

Upon the completion of the first mission, he is supposed to walk a short distance then I think teleport to the Institute. Unfotunately, a Brotherhood Vertibird flew nearby, making him decide to try and kill them, before he could reach his "teleport" area. They being in a vehicle that moves fast, managed to lead him on a merry chase for a reasonable distance before leaving his detection range. He then would begin to walk back to his assigned "teleport" area. Then, when he was halfway back, another vertibird would come along, and he would once again thirst for blood and chase them until they outran him. Rinse and repeat for what by now is in-game weeks. The problem was that the Vertibirds were all headed home - to the Prydwin over the airport. I firmly believe that if left unchecked, the Courser (marked as essential due to his required presence in subsequent missions, and therefore invincible) could have concievably singlehandedly killed every Brotherhood soldier at the BOS staging area. Eventually.

Luckily, just by approaching him I got the mission to accept that we had met, and it gave me the next part of the mission, but I have no idea what he would have said if he wasn't locked in an epic never ending battle with Vertibirds that curiously ignored his attempts to kill them.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Rigged Death Trap posted:

AHURRRRRRR

(not pictured: Most of preplaced, posed corpses spawning this way for me.)

Holy poo poo, I found the exact same thing in that exact same shelter. Floating glasses and all.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
That looks like something from a deranged version of Doctor Seuss.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Since when does the Fallout setting have Joy mutants?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzrfAm3OMKo

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyroE2DqxY

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
This is what happens to your body when you're wearing invisible power armor

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

dumb. posted:

This is what happens to your body when you're wearing invisible power armor

Craaaab people. Craaaab people.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

It even knocks other ships away. If the size difference is enough it sends them flying into the horizon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6g_hgSgg0U

RatHat has a new favorite as of 21:05 on Dec 22, 2015

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Helixsnake started playing Just Cause 3 recently, with predictable results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zky_mrAGI4

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
This happened to me last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73IWvSkHsrY

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Wrestling Game of the Year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4bmmFlIUPU

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

MDickie is a loving treasure, everyone should watch supergreatfriends videos where he makes a wrestler in one of his wrestling games called bully demise and he transcends through all the MDickie games.

Also for the people who can tolerate bro team there is this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBpSHgrVvgc

MDickie is amazing.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I'm sure either Retsuprae or Chip and Ironicus have made an LP of that one too, but I somehow can't find it.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fathis Munk posted:

I'm sure either Retsuprae or Chip and Ironicus have made an LP of that one too, but I somehow can't find it.
It's an intermission to an LP of The You Testament.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
In my Mount and Blade Warband game, I keep running into myself. Same name, same appearance, by himself but with a massive group of taken prisoners. His party is named "Village Farmers". I get an option now to mention him (myself) to faction leaders, and they get pissed and say that he is a traitor who wants to usurp them.

:iiam:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

William Bear posted:

In my Mount and Blade Warband game, I keep running into myself. Same name, same appearance, by himself but with a massive group of taken prisoners. His party is named "Village Farmers". I get an option now to mention him (myself) to faction leaders, and they get pissed and say that he is a traitor who wants to usurp them.

He's clearly your evil twin (or possibly your negative alter-earth self), roaming around the countryside, creating havoc and tarnishing your good name. You know what you must do.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mount and Blade: Torment

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

William Bear posted:

Mount & Blade Warband is probably my favorite game in the category of "Games that are hilariously broken but still fun to play." It fits that bill way better than Fallout.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

William Bear posted:

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE :black101:

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
https://fat.gfycat.com/ImportantShabbyLcont.webm

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
My highlight of AGDQ as I've seen it is discovering a new favorite glitch: Infinite Speed in Metroid Prime. I didn't expect 'become one with the universe' to be an actual step in a speedrun.

This link goes to the explanation before the glitch is actually done at around the 37 minute mark.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

This doesn't seem like a glitch at all

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

They were running collision detection physics during cutscenes, what the gently caress

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Cleretic posted:

My highlight of AGDQ as I've seen it is discovering a new favorite glitch: Infinite Speed in Metroid Prime. I didn't expect 'become one with the universe' to be an actual step in a speedrun.

This link goes to the explanation before the glitch is actually done at around the 37 minute mark.

Let's hope this doesn't cause Samus to turn into a reptile, kidnap Adam, and mate with him.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Somfin posted:

They were running collision detection physics during cutscenes, what the gently caress

And somehow, it's still tonally consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Somfin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUampXvdwOY (0:45)