Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Great, now GTCC can have a new joke to go with the Formula Ford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The formula Mazda sounds fun. Don't give a poo poo about the rest.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

robotsinmyhead posted:

Great, now GTCC can have a new joke to go with the Formula Ford.

Waiting on comment from TeamDizzle....

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Norns posted:

The formula Mazda sounds fun. Don't give a poo poo about the rest.

Unironically also this. Probably a good car to really get the feel for aero on, like the :can:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

geeves posted:

Waiting on comment from TeamDizzle....

Got word, it's a Christmas miracle.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm still here, but I'm (mostly) on my best behavior. I know I'm a big part of the problem, which is why I'm being quiet.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I'm friending everybody on the spreadsheet.

I know you're all excited.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Everyone getting pissed off because they have to race to earn a unicorn car is the best thing T10 could have done.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

geeves posted:

Everyone getting pissed off because they have to race to earn a unicorn car is the best thing T10 could have done.

They brought unicorns back? How do you earn it?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cubey posted:

They brought unicorns back? How do you earn it?

Be in the top 50% of a new league they are pushing in January if I read the info correctly

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Aw man I was hoping for a rivals event for a unicorn. Leagues are a horrid shitshow.

Oh well, still gonna go for it cause gently caress yeah unicorns.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

Aw man I was hoping for a rivals event for a unicorn. Leagues are a horrid shitshow.

Oh well, still gonna go for it cause gently caress yeah unicorns.
Actually, even though it's not the game we might want to play, the ghost leagues are pretty fun! No griefing, no bad behavior on the track.
On the other hand, you give up the challenge of trying to race with skilled drivers who won't punt you. I miss that real racing but careless avoidable contact with full damage on is a loving curse. I'm in, unless it's collisions on.

It's not accidents I want to avoid. It's intentional, avoidable contact for the sake of gaining position.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Actually, even though it's not the game we might want to play, the ghost leagues are pretty fun! No griefing, no bad behavior on the track.
On the other hand, you give up the challenge of trying to race with skilled drivers who won't punt you. I miss that real racing but careless avoidable contact with full damage on is a loving curse. I'm in, unless it's collisions on.

It's not accidents I want to avoid. It's intentional, avoidable contact for the sake of gaining position.

I love the ghost leagues for strictly hot lapping. I like leagues because I'm not tied to one night. After the first couple of days I was 12 or 13th overall but havent played since. I get to watch other players and how they do.

I'm in professional now and hope to get bumped up soon. In C class this week it's nice to see all the lessons and mentions of how to carry your car through the corners at the optimum speed finally pay off.

Even if it's just rivals hotlapping, I've won 37 out of 103 races (yes I kept count). Not bad for me.

Now racing is racing and need to get better with that.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Playing online always begins and/or ends the same

:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPjuNkNvRfo

I'm at fault for at least one of those, but still.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Reading the forza forums

"Why do you add in so many wagons and vans it's boring you need more race cars."

Do these people get why these cars are fun or are they just stupid

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Nuts and Gum posted:

Playing online always begins and/or ends the same

:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPjuNkNvRfo

I'm at fault for at least one of those, but still.
GTCC

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dr. Faustus posted:

I cannot get into ghost racing at all. The whole process of setting up and executing a pass, or defending my position from someone looking to pass me, those are my favorite part of racing in games like this.

On the other hand, the online in this game is just atrocious, it's really astounding how much worse it is than previous Forzas ever were. I don't know what the hell the deal is, but every hopper and league is just constant intentional wrecks and failing that, insane divebombing that's not intentional but no less dumb.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

I cannot get into ghost racing at all. The whole process of setting up and executing a pass, or defending my position from someone looking to pass me, those are my favorite part of racing in games like this.

On the other hand, the online in this game is just atrocious, it's really astounding how much worse it is than previous Forzas ever were. I don't know what the hell the deal is, but every hopper and league is just constant intentional wrecks and failing that, insane divebombing that's not intentional but no less dumb.
I don't love ghost racing. I just enjoy not being wrecked by people who know. Constant intentional collisions are a feature of racing clubs, and I refuse to be a part of that.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lol

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

BCRock posted:

FYI, the entry form and results sheet are updated for the new spec:

Entry form: http://goo.gl/forms/WXZq6fAyTp
Results: https://goo.gl/CpHIeL

Chaparral 2E on Watkins Glen Full Alt.

Went ahead and spent the million g's to try this, and I'm glad I did. I never race anything above A class, but that car is fun as hell!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Just added a bunch of people from the spreadsheet. I'll try to be around for those goon sanctioned meetups.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

geeves posted:

I love this. Unicorns were one of the coolest things about Forza 4, it caused so much anger.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

I love this. Unicorns were one of the coolest things about Forza 4, it caused so much anger.

It only caused anger in people who sucked at Forza. Maybe they should have sucked less.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cubey posted:

It only caused anger in people who sucked at Forza. Maybe they should have sucked less.

I got four of the unicorns. :kiddo:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I didn't try to chase them all, I was only interested in one, the RX7 Spirit R. I never got it because I'm bad at forza :(

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

Dr. Faustus posted:

Constant intentional collisions are a feature of racing clubs, and I refuse to be a part of that.

Okay, look, I'm going to address this and extend the olive branch a bit here. Our group, in this new larger format, has a hard time racing anything above probably C class with super clean passing. Exercising caution with large amounts of power seem to be our serious stumbling block. We've had some really great races in the lower classes with almost everyone enjoying themselves for the night. Intentional hitting is not something any of us have encouraged or condoned, so don't paint with such a wide brush, my friend.

Give us some A class poo poo and the tears will flow like the monsoon rains. I really hate some of the poo poo we have dealt with involving behaviours, but we're all adults and at the end of the day what the gently caress can I really do?

This week, we've reigned in the car selection and tracks to slow everyone down for some chummy endurance racing. Lots of laps and time to get caught up with people and race. Not a ton of power and momentum coming into the corners and the "comedy" cars have been excluded from the choices. If any of you would like the cleanest racing we can attempt as a large group, this would be it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743099&pagenumber=33#post454762833

Hepnotic
Jan 23, 2003
optional; no images are allowed, only text
I'm going for 100% achievements. I'm working on getting the achievement for $50,000 worth of design sales. If someone can help me and buy some of my designs, i'd be more than happy to do the same in return.

I shared 35 designs for the 1997 Mazda RX-7. They are under the keywords Goon1, Goon2, Goon3, Goon4, Goon5, Goon6, Goon7. Each one has 5 designs. Giving a thumbs up to the design also adds credits. How ever many designs you can download and thumbs up is appreciated. Send me a message to my gamertag (Hepnotik) and i'll download your designs and tunes.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

I got four of the unicorns. :kiddo:

I got them all and multiples of many of them (two of each Skyline, two Spirit Rs, two 360 CS', two M3 GTRs, two of those loving garbage useless Lancers).

GutBomb posted:

I didn't try to chase them all, I was only interested in one, the RX7 Spirit R. I never got it because I'm bad at forza :(

If Forza 4 had allowed for people to send unicorns to others, I'd have gladly shared.

Hepnotic posted:

I'm going for 100% achievements. I'm working on getting the achievement for $50,000 worth of design sales. If someone can help me and buy some of my designs, i'd be more than happy to do the same in return.

I shared 35 designs for the 1997 Mazda RX-7. They are under the keywords Goon1, Goon2, Goon3, Goon4, Goon5, Goon6, Goon7. Each one has 5 designs. Giving a thumbs up to the design also adds credits. How ever many designs you can download and thumbs up is appreciated. Send me a message to my gamertag (Hepnotik) and i'll download your designs and tunes.

I'm willing to help with this, also it'd be neat for us to try and get each other the badges for ratings and whatnot. Important to note that you can also make a dummy account that can download and rate things to help with this stuff as well.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Hepnotic posted:

I'll definitely download your designs next time I play. You don't need to worry about reciprocating, because every time I've tried to make designs they've been reeeaaallly bad, so I never end up publishing them!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Also do be careful about spamming design and tunes for those achievements, I've heard tell of people getting suspended from uploading things for spamming.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Sockington posted:

Okay, look, I'm going to address this and extend the olive branch a bit here. Our group, in this new larger format, has a hard time racing anything above probably C class with super clean passing. Exercising caution with large amounts of power seem to be our serious stumbling block. We've had some really great races in the lower classes with almost everyone enjoying themselves for the night. Intentional hitting is not something any of us have encouraged or condoned, so don't paint with such a wide brush, my friend.

Give us some A class poo poo and the tears will flow like the monsoon rains. I really hate some of the poo poo we have dealt with involving behaviours, but we're all adults and at the end of the day what the gently caress can I really do?

This week, we've reigned in the car selection and tracks to slow everyone down for some chummy endurance racing. Lots of laps and time to get caught up with people and race. Not a ton of power and momentum coming into the corners and the "comedy" cars have been excluded from the choices. If any of you would like the cleanest racing we can attempt as a large group, this would be it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743099&pagenumber=33#post454762833
This is a very kind post and I appreciate it very much. Thank you, Sockington.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
What the h*ck are leagues anyway, I havent bothered using a gold sub yet so I cant access them. I cant belive people had a problem beating the rivals challenges in FM4 though, pretty sure I managed every one and i'm poo poo.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

track day bro! posted:

What the h*ck

What the gently caress

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

lol ^

What's all this unicorn poo poo everyone is talking about ?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

TheScott2K posted:

What the gently caress

Maybe he's Mormon, dude!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

track day bro! posted:

What the h*ck are leagues anyway, I havent bothered using a gold sub yet so I cant access them. I cant belive people had a problem beating the rivals challenges in FM4 though, pretty sure I managed every one and i'm poo poo.
From what I have seen, each Sunday two new leagues are launched. Typically one is a ghost league (no collisions, basically just hotlapping with other drivers on the course) and a non-ghost league where collisions are on. Each league allows cars up to a certain PI limit or are limited to a certain class. The races are based on a pre-chosen playlist of race courses, usually several, which run in order with short intermissions between each new race.
I like them because if you do well you rise in position and at the end of the week the results are examined and you will be awarded Forza money based on your ranking. It's actually pretty cool. (I don't like the collision-on leagues because pubbies think nothing of driving dirty as gently caress to win. They will wreck you, PIT you, block you, anything to take you out of the competition.)

If I have anything wrong, hopefully someone will post a correction.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If you play with pubbies enough you learn to deal with 90% of their shenanigans. Even get a good sense of when to counter-steer against them. Or if you think they are going to hit you slow down so they pit themselves. It's a game within the game avoiding the pubbies shenanigans. Plus with the leagues there's not really a huge difference between 1st and 5th place anyway. Last place gets 100 points, every place ahead gets +100 points per position.

Big problem with ghosts leagues is so many tracks have off track short cuts that you can take, and with the results being pure hotlapping, there's no reason not to take them.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Big problem with ghosts leagues is so many tracks have off track short cuts that you can take, and with the results being pure hotlapping, there's no reason not to take them.
I noticed that, but forgot to mention it. Thanks.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

Sometimes they have chicanes that aren't marked on the map. :boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Yeah, Sebring and Yas are the most notorious. I couldn't figure out how one guy kept jumping 2+ seconds a lap then I saw someone else take the shortcut. Happens in regular hoppers as well.

• Locked thread