Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Cat Mattress posted:

Yeah he was AWOL for most of it. But here, let's forget about Dubya and instead listen to Kerry's record according to these totally sincere and absolutely not bought Swift Boat Veterans.

That poo poo still pisses me off to no end, but mostly because my brother and father both bought into it so hard. You'd think people would have more respect for a legit hero, but nope, he had the audacity to say that maybe war is bad so he's instantly made to look like a huge lying pussy.

gently caress Karl Rove and the Swift Boaters forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ThingOne posted:

Probably my favorite political cartoon.

Danziger doesn't get a lot of love on this thread, but sometimes he comes out with a real beauty.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on drinking guidelines and Osborne’s ‘cocktail of threats’ – New alcohol guidelines have been defended, with officials insisting the advice is not scaremongering but ‘hard science’"

Telegraph:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

the floor is baklava
May 4, 2003

SHAME

I keep noticing how completely uncreative most conservatives are, it's one of the most depressingly predictable things about them, besides the plutocracy apologism, militarism, misogyny and so on.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Thump! posted:

That poo poo still pisses me off to no end, but mostly because my brother and father both bought into it so hard. You'd think people would have more respect for a legit hero, but nope, he had the audacity to say that maybe war is bad so he's instantly made to look like a huge lying pussy.

gently caress Karl Rove and the Swift Boaters forever.

SBVT was the bullshit that introduced me to the sad fact that people you thought were perfectly nice could become delusional assholes about obviously untrue stuff. On an MMO forum of all things.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
and somehow "no fly list = no gun" is a bad thing

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
It is. It is a massive, secret list that seems to snag innocent people while the baddies walk.

Man, I did not expect Marty Twobulls to come out swinging aga- oh, Ben Garrison. I legit thought it was a Marty in color.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I'd have a bigger problem with people on a no-gun list being forbidden to board planes than with people on a no-fly list being forbidden to buy guns.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

No guns for Social Security beneficiaries? How did that idea start?

Anyway...

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It is beyond me the amount of vitriol over tears for slaughtered children.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

theflyingexecutive posted:

It is beyond me the amount of vitriol over tears for slaughtered children.

Mocking grief over dead children as insincere is the only way you can keep advocating no restrictions on the security blankets/meal tickets of ARE guns and still convince yourself that you aren't selfish rear end in a top hat.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zetsubou-san posted:

It's a bad thing for me. Rather, the no fly list itself seems pretty extrajudicial and probably shouldn't be the basis for anything.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Not pictured: Dead people. So many dead people.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zetsubou-san posted:

The "no fly list" is actually a pretty terrible thing (and racist).

I want more gun control, but I also want that list reexamined/ better regulated.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Obama will put everyone on the no-fly list and that's how he's gonna seize the guns, but then only outlaws will have guns, so we're all gonna get gunned down in the street in the no-gun zones

there was time now

there was time

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I want more gun control, but I also want that list reexamined/ better regulated.
The no-fly list was one of those things that came out of the ridiculous War on Terror overreach that followed 9/11. It was part of the same TSA culture that wouldn't let a guy board a plane because he was wearing a Megatron T-shirt, along with all kinds of other ridiculous poo poo. Whenever I fly I'm way more worried about dealing with the TSA than terrorists.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Guilty Spork posted:

The no-fly list was one of those things that came out of the ridiculous War on Terror overreach that followed 9/11. It was part of the same TSA culture that wouldn't let a guy board a plane because he was wearing a Megatron T-shirt, along with all kinds of other ridiculous poo poo. Whenever I fly I'm way more worried about dealing with the TSA than terrorists.

I was at a friend's wedding in Chicago and like everyone does they gave out little jars of commemorative honey. Buddy flipped out over how we'd all gotten there by plane and this was insane and the TSA was going to take all our honey.

Ultimately they did not care about the honey, but I think we all saw our own fears in that uncharacteristic rant.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Friends with Richard Dawkins are you?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

mandatory lesbian posted:

i dont have anyone on ignore, cause im not a baby bitch

Oh really? Not even if I was to say something like anime,

is

not

good.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lol people actually use the ignore list?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Oh really? Not even if I was to say something like anime,

is

not

good.

That would make you unabashedly and objectively correct though? :confused:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

SA is unusable without the ignore list tbh

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
The ignore list is what helps keep me from getting into pointless arguments with people who regularly frustrate and annoy me. Every time I see someone on my ignore list who posts, I feel just a little bit of peace knowing that I've saved myself from listening to something really stupid.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

idk other posters well enough to judge whether or not i never want to read another of their posts again so i just don't do anything

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

fap fap SPLOOGE posted:

I keep noticing how completely uncreative most conservatives are, it's one of the most depressingly predictable things about them, besides the plutocracy apologism, militarism, misogyny and so on.

Look, if they wanted to create something new they wouldn't be conservatives, now would they? :colbert:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Let's get back on track with a topical* take on German happenings from political pbf!

(*Comic actually posted three months ago)

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

If there's someone weird in your neighbourhood
Who ya gonna call? GAYBUSTERS!

:negative:

I seriously believe we only consider Latuff to be one of the good ones because he can draw.

Isn't that pretty much the general consensus. He's good at the craft of political cartooning, draws clear distinctive images that convey complex concepts without text, but holds some poo poo opinions and defaults to lazy USA=bad stuff too often.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
How exactly is a dislike of Justin Bieber a tell that someone is homophobic? (I thought it was just a tell that someone is older than 16.)

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah it'd be nice if the additional gun control that even many of us pro-gun folks agree should exist had, I dunno, due process or an appeals process or any of that stuff Dubya threw out the loving window for the terrorist witch-hunt. In a world where no-fly-list = no-gun-list, you've just agreed the gov't can unilaterally strip you of a constitutional right on suspicion alone, with no due process, no appeals, hell they don't even have to tell you WHY you're being denied a constitutional right. And hey, you could go buy a gun to do something about it but oh wait.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

How exactly is a dislike of Justin Bieber a tell that someone is homophobic? (I thought it was just a tell that someone is older than 16.)

well, unless justin is gay, it's prob a case of a bunch of straight dudes confusing effeminate with gay

Daniel Hillard
May 22, 2012

I'm a baby bitch but I don't use the ignore function.

Daniel Hillard
May 22, 2012

chairface posted:

Yeah it'd be nice if the additional gun control that even many of us pro-gun folks agree should exist had, I dunno, due process or an appeals process or any of that stuff Dubya threw out the loving window for the terrorist witch-hunt. In a world where no-fly-list = no-gun-list, you've just agreed the gov't can unilaterally strip you of a constitutional right on suspicion alone, with no due process, no appeals, hell they don't even have to tell you WHY you're being denied a constitutional right. And hey, you could go buy a gun to do something about it but oh wait.

What would you do about it with the gun?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Cartoons?

Now in wretched color!

Obama, eyes full of tears, opened the compartment with the button labelled "Ban all guns."

I can't believe Obama got North Korea a hydrogen bomb for their birthday.

Mainly because Adam and Eve aren't real :ssh:

Women should be forced to obey our draconian, misogynistic religious laws! Not their draconian, misogynistic religious laws!

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Daniel Hillard posted:

What would you do about it with the gun?

Not get attacked by police while protesting.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

well, unless justin is gay, it's prob a case of a bunch of straight dudes confusing effeminate with gay
He isn't out as gay or anything, and from his twitter it looks like he made those cartoons to troll Bieber fans more than anything else

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Irony Be My Shield posted:

made those cartoons to troll Bieber fans more than anything else

Sure showed those teenagers what's what

What an epic win for the guy

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

betaraywil posted:

I was at a friend's wedding in Chicago and like everyone does they gave out little jars of commemorative honey. Buddy flipped out over how we'd all gotten there by plane and this was insane and the TSA was going to take all our honey.

Ultimately they did not care about the honey, but I think we all saw our own fears in that uncharacteristic rant.

If it was over three ounces, then technically, they should not have allowed you to bring it on the plane. Placing it in a checked bag should be fine, though.

Then again, the TSA misses crap they should confiscate all the time, so the fact you got away with your illegal terrorist honey doesn't mean that the TSA allows it. (Unless it was three ounces or less, in which case it magically stops being terrorist honey.)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Most criticisms of him tend to boil down to either generic 'KIDS MUSIC SCARES AND CONFUSES ME' or generic "LOOKIT THIS SISSY DANCING AND SINGING LIKE A GIRL" both equally worthy of being mocked more than some retarded canadian who was the target of world wide scorn for wearing dumb clothes when meeting a prime minister once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

alnilam posted:

lol people actually use the ignore list?

I used it for LeJackal, because all of his posts are basically the same.

chairface posted:

Not get attacked by police while protesting.

Are you white?

• Locked thread