Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

stinkles1112 posted:

Getting basic game analysis wrong and failing to RTFC are much, much worse than being boring as far as commentary goes imo

They should hire John Madden
Just give the commentators a light pen and a tablet, same effect for much cheaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Angry Grimace posted:

Good ol' JR isn't doing anything right now

Actually if JR brought you any joy at all as a child (looking at you WWF tcg peoples) you should head over to the Pittsburgh pirates web site and drop the gm a note to hire JR as their radio announcer because he is up for the job.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I have absolutely no basis for this, but I really dislike Gerry Thompson and I want to punch him.

Like I've never met him, never interacted with him, no reason whatsoever but every time I see him I think "man, I'd really like to punch that dude"

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
To me, cedric nails the tone perfectly, where he's excited and emotional but never over the top in a cheesy way.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I have absolutely no basis for this, but I really dislike Gerry Thompson and I want to punch him.

Like I've never met him, never interacted with him, no reason whatsoever but every time I see him I think "man, I'd really like to punch that dude"

Backpfeifengesicht

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
i'm going to shave chris vanmeters beard off

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Same but for Todd Anderson. Gerryt is a good guy who just wants to smoke a doob and will run interference for you in the late rounds.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

En Fuego posted:

A question that has nothing to do with the commentator chat right now, but would you guys rather have a WWE style announcing crew, or a golf style?

Like, 'OH MAH GAWD HE'S EQUIPPING THE CRANIAL PLATING TO THE ORNITHOPTER! HE'S ATTACKING! SOMEONE GET IN THERE AND STOP THIS!'

Cuz I'd like that

Wrestling + John Madden every time. The game isn't exactly spectator friendly anyway. Unless you really like seeing people nervously shuffle all day.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I can't believe how exciting Modern will be when Stoneforge gets unbanned

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

i'm going to shave chris vanmeters beard off

it is very gross

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mandatory lesbian posted:

it is very gross

A tad, yes.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
Just saw the SCG Regionals playmat, and wow, I am now playing in it. Glad it's modern, I still have a Twin deck.

Seattle meta question- Is it worth running Blood Moon main in U/R twin, or something like Twisted Image?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

TheKingofSprings posted:

I can't believe how exciting Modern will be when Stoneforge gets unbanned

It's already spiking in price.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Errant Gin Monks posted:

It's 40 bucks?! :barf:

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lmao if you think they will unban stoneforge

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

it's spiking in my heart :stare: :love:

Count Bleck posted:

It's 40 bucks?! :barf:

It's been a good card in Legacy for years, that's not particularly surprising.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ciprian Maricon posted:

when the revolution begins, you'll be the first against the Sword of Fire and Ice

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

TheKingofSprings posted:

it's spiking in my heart :stare: :love:

It's been a good card in Legacy for years, that's not particularly surprising.

I shoulda picked them up when they were 20 is what I'm getting at.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

En Fuego posted:

Just saw the SCG Regionals playmat, and wow, I am now playing in it. Glad it's modern, I still have a Twin deck.

Link/image?

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

when the revolution begins, you'll be the first against the Sword of Fire and Ice

I will gladly loose 100 games to SoFI if that were to happen, but there is practically zero way WoTC ever takes any steps to make modern more fun or interesting when they have the option of banning more and more things until the format is just on curve bodies smashing into each other forever.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

C-Euro posted:

Link/image?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

En Fuego posted:

Yeah it is a good playmat. I signed up after seeing it and seeing that entry was only $40. I was expecting $60+.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Did Hoglund have triple red for Kiki at the end there? Didn't look like it...

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Did Hoglund have triple red for Kiki at the end there? Didn't look like it...

Wall of Roots, Bird, and a red land.

I want to build that as my first modern deck. It looks like something you can stick with for a while and just develop a good skill set.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

keeblerdrow posted:

Wall of Roots, Bird, and a red land.

I want to build that as my first modern deck. It looks like something you can stick with for a while and just develop a good skill set.

Wall of Roots only adds green.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Wall of Roots only adds green.

The red land is Fire-Lit Thicket. He can turn the green from Temple Garden into RR and use the Birds for the third.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Ok that explains it, it was pretty obscured.

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Ok that explains it, it was pretty obscured.

The entire deck is play lines obscured. Sometimes I think it just gets wins because the opponent can't see one of the 5 lines available to Hoogland (or Hoogland stand-in).

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm going to buy out every copy of Storm Crow from Alliances and crank up the price of them to like $1. Same with Chimney Imp.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Ciprian Maricon posted:

i think i should probably sell mine before the ban/restricted list changes to get in on this hype train

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I can't wait for it to tank as soon as the B&R list releases and it's not unbanned.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Count Bleck posted:

I can't wait for it to tank as soon as the B&R list releases and it's not unbanned.

Do people not remember this happening last year? This literal exact same thing? It also happened with Bloodbraid.

It's not just me, right? I can't be the only one.

Right? :ohdear:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
And it continues!

:stare:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 9, 2016

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

suicidesteve posted:

Do people not remember this happening last year? This literal exact same thing? It also happened with Bloodbraid.

It's not just me, right? I can't be the only one.

Right? :ohdear:

I remember it well.

It was hilarious.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Why the gently caress is phyrexian tower so expensive?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Yawgmoth posted:

Why the gently caress is phyrexian tower so expensive?

That GR commander who puts counters on your dudes when stuff gets sacced, I'm guessing. There's a lot of stuff related to commander that's gone up lately. Serra's Sanctum, for example.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Is Phyrexian Tower even played in anything anywhere?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Some Numbers posted:

I'd like one for my Karlov edh but i wasn't gonna pay 15 dollars for it and i'm definitely not gonna pay 30

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Sac outlet in Legacy Nic Fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Some Numbers posted:

EDH really does generate a lot of sales. Mix that in with a card that doesn't have a ton of supply and you get this.

• Locked thread