Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Stux posted:

earpods own. theyre incredibly more comfortable than other in ears because they dont have a dumb piece of rubber that slips out and is generally uncomfortable yet still have a decent level of bass and get good volume. 10/10 woiuld not use any other ear buds again in my life.

earpods are great for when you, through some witchcraft, want to make ambient noise even louder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

EarPods are the perfect example of over designed garbage not actually working for human beings

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Dodoman posted:

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

not when there is money to be made.

watch it be a garbage piece of junk which blocks charging while you use it.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

EarPods are amazing, durable, and comfy as hell. I'm wearing them right now and they own. cut my cord Tim.. !

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

earpods don't stay in my ears :(

are there any deece sub-$100 bluetooth earbuds or should I suck it up and spring for jaybirds

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shifty Pony posted:

the average car on the road is 11 years old and it is only fairly recently that manufacturers started making usb and Bluetooth streaming integration standard

usb at least has been in subarus for at least 5 years

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
bose mie's are the best earbuds on the market. their design actually stays in your loving ear and can be used when working out, and the sound is good. gently caress you nerds

rsjr
Nov 2, 2002

yay for protoss being so simple that retards can win with it

qirex posted:

are there any deece sub-$100 bluetooth earbuds or should I suck it up and spring for jaybirds

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-BackBeat-Fit-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00KJLMBSO/ this is what im using it's good gl

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

qirex posted:

these are pretty good:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WUDX250

they (and their succeeding product) apparently don't exist anymore though, but I spent like $25 on them

e: I think these are the newest ones? http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones-etc-Black/dp/B017I50T0K/ref=dp_ob_title_wld

computer parts fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 9, 2016

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i got some meelectronics m6 pros because i wanted something cheap-ish with a replacable cable. they're less dorky looking than beats but they sound pretty good and the noise isolation is great

they have a few bluetooth models and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018RP7X0O seem to be the best?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014MUGXLS are considerably cheaper but apparently also sound good (not as good though)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

i got the workout ones that wirecutter recommends for $100.

they sound worse than the $12 chinese wired earbuds i got.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

power botton posted:

EarPods are the perfect example of over designed garbage not actually working for human beings

actually theyre a v clever design and work for most people perfectly fine

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

if you are walking or biking with noise cancelling headphones in your are an idiot.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Grandmaster.flv posted:

if you are walking or biking with noise cancelling headphones in your are an idiot.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Grandmaster.flv posted:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

i got some meelectronics m6 pros because i wanted something cheap-ish with a replacable cable. they're less dorky looking than beats but they sound pretty good and the noise isolation is great

they have a few bluetooth models and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018RP7X0O seem to be the best?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014MUGXLS are considerably cheaper but apparently also sound good (not as good though)

they're p good, mine didn't last long tho

I have beats solos now, good sound isolation and I grew out of the phase where I needed ~~~~perfect audio fidelity~~~~ so I enjoy the bassiness, plus the came with a $50 iTunes gift card

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

they're also black on gray so the logo is hard to see cuz I don't care abt that

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

the wirecutter seem seems to have been partially captured by the brands they review, which inevitably will happen to anyone with that business model but seems to have happened to them rather quickly

some of their recommendations are decent though, especially when you just need someone to tell you to buy something because it's all the same poo poo

check out their "inenr vision" column for a great source of laffs, it's basically lifehacker meets a teenager trying to sound deep

big shtick energy fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 9, 2016

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Grandmaster.flv posted:

I am not blind so i think i can walk just fine without hearing

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Celexi posted:

ahahahahha

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Luigi Thirty posted:

*raises paw* and my car is only 7 years old

this isnt the 5 figgies thread

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Celexi posted:

lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

seriously though, well developed pedestrian infrastructure and generally safe environments, like here in sweden, do no inhibit walking with noise cancelling headphones. i walk 5 miles per day, on average, and ive yet to have any incidents whatsoever

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
the bose noise cancelling headphones are extremely ftw and i would rather die using them than live with the crappy ones you guys like

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

kalstrams posted:

seriously though, well developed pedestrian infrastructure and generally safe environments, like here in sweden, do no inhibit walking with noise cancelling headphones. i walk 5 miles per day, on average, and ive yet to have any incidents whatsoever

still a bad idea, what if some buxom Swedish woman is trying to get your attention? it's good to know what's going on around you outside

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Last Chance posted:

still a bad idea, what if some buxom Swedish woman is trying to get your attention? it's good to know what's going on around you outside
lomarf if you think someone wants to get my attention, moreso that it would be a lady

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

poty posted:

the bose noise cancelling headphones are extremely ftw and i would rather die using them than live with the crappy ones you guys like

i have some etymotic in-ear things which are v nice and generally are great.

i hope that your bose continue to be great and suit your needs tho because you like them and that's what matters in a pair of headphones.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

zen death robot posted:

why does everyone in here hope they get rid of the headphone jack again?

the only reason to get

Shifty Pony posted:

i have some etymotic in-ear things which are v nice and generally are great.

i hope that your bose continue to be great and suit your needs tho because you like them and that's what matters in a pair of headphones.

I really wanted to like etymotics but i had 2 pairs break at the port stress relief and they wouldn't replace either pair so gently caress them. EarPods adequacy I guess

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Celexi posted:

two reasons this is wrong

1. what if they're behind u

2. audio fidelity doesn't matter if you're up against traffic sounds and other things

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

poty posted:

they're a godsend for planes and you're usually given a pair to use in first class international on many airlines these days

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

are your wired earbuds the yuin pk1/2/3? those are probably the only earbuds i'd ever recommend.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
iPhone 7 will have a camera bump on the front, too. nerds will lose their poo poo.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Grandmaster.flv posted:

look around before you walk/cross/move

Grandmaster.flv posted:

2. audio fidelity doesn't matter if you're up against traffic sounds and other things

that's the whole point of closed/noise-cancelling cans. you lose some quality by virtue of using a closed set but you get to hear your music and enjoy it.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

DaNzA posted:

is it even possible for apple to re-purpose some pins in the lightning port or make an adapter with built in dac for stereo output when something compatible is detected?

theoretically yes.

pseudorandom name posted:

the whole point of Lightning is that it is purely a serial data so none of the pins can be repurposed for anything

uh, what? the Lightning port has dynamically reconfigurable pins, they can be used for anything from serial to USB to power.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i bought beyerdynamic headphones and the cable broke in a year of normal use and I'll never pay money for non detachable again

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
maybe if normal use for you involves keeping your headphones on a tree or something but if you keep them into your laptop bag theyre gonna break

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

uh, what? the Lightning port has dynamically reconfigurable pins, they can be used for anything from serial to USB to power.

is it actually dynamically reconfigurable pins? or one of two states, pins 0-7 do this while pins 8-15 do this and vice versa

and usb is a serial form of communication

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dodoman posted:

are your wired earbuds the yuin pk1/2/3? those are probably the only earbuds i'd ever recommend.

those do not appear to be $12, so no.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Grandmaster.flv posted:

I don't live on a city that i have to worry on who is behind me or a car running me over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Celexi posted:

I don't live on a city that i have to worry on a car running me over

then you don't live in a city

• Locked thread