Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Yeah, static stuff is easy, like most melee weapons, but anything with moving parts and reloading animations is a lot of hassle, and probably not worth doing until the F4ck gives is an easier way of adding stuff, if it even does that for animations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

To say nothing of getting animations to work with them.

Fallout 4 has much better animations and not-terrible ironsights unlike the older fallouts too, which means adding guns that are the same quality as the ones in the base game will be much more time consuming. It's something the game seriously needs though and I hope some dedicated modders are willing to make it happen once the tools are there for it. There are so few guns compared to new vegas.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Fallout 4 has much better animations and not-terrible ironsights unlike the older fallouts too, which means adding guns that are the same quality as the ones in the base game will be much more time consuming. It's something the game seriously needs though and I hope some dedicated modders are willing to make it happen once the tools are there for it. There are so few guns compared to new vegas.

Yeah. Considering the numerous animation overhauls for Skyrim, I'm hopeful we'll get folks making much needed animations for much needed new guns.

For gently caress's sake, there isn't even a pump action shotgun in Fallout 4. :cripes:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
That really got me scratching my head, I like the idea of sharing furniture between a couple of guns, but a combat rifle/shotgun melange was odd. unless they were thinking of an AK-- & a Saiga....

New Vegas deffo had a pump action, I made a dumb mod attaching a silencer to one with the sounds ripped from "no country for old men"

staberind fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jan 8, 2016

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

For gently caress's sake, there isn't even a pump action shotgun in Fallout 4. :cripes:

Seriously how do you not manage to put a pump action in your first person shooter? Actually, now that I think of it, I don't think Fallout 3 had one either what the heck beth.

I've been playing NV a bit and goddamn but the Hunting Shotgun is just cool as hell.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Kainser posted:

Voice acting might mess with that a bit.

I have every confidence in nerds with too much time on their hands to spend a few painstaking weeks splicing audio files together.

Speaking of, I'm working on retexturing the postman jacket in Commonwealth Survivalist Gear to not look like poo poo. I like the outfit part combos but he made his textures muddy as hell when he palleteswapped them, they look like image artifact blighted 1990s memes. It's also really funny looking at the models people have made for outfit mashups, they're doing everything with alpha transparency and nothing with actual model cutting and pasting. Doesn't help that Bethesda made their armors all solid blocks now.

Jon Do posted:

I think what you're looking for is over here. For what it's worth, as someone who was real disappointed by Bethsoft on everything since Daggerfall, I've switched from STALKER (which is great but REALLY outdated) to FO4. The materials/crafting/settlement system, while I'm waiting for mods for, make the difference. But STALKER has what you're looking for.

I sunk countless hours into CoC and can't wait for someone to actually do something interesting with it, but FO4 will tide me over for now.

e:

Capn Beeb posted:

It's lever action rifles I miss like hell

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Skyrim modders solved the solid block armor/suit/dress problem handily, Fo4 bodies still have all the slots, plus there are 3 different weights for each armor piece now as well, When the F4ck's out, we will have a lot of combinations of stuff to play with, not to mention hair that does not look like melted lego.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I'm waiting for the "silent protagonist" mod. Kill all the player audio, change up the lines and hey you are already halfway there. Don't know what to do about the npc lines and missions.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

KakerMix posted:

I'm waiting for the "silent protagonist" mod. Kill all the player audio, change up the lines and hey you are already halfway there. Don't know what to do about the npc lines and missions.

gently caress it, just make everyone silent so you can rewrite the dialogue as you please and add more/less than 4 choices.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

KakerMix posted:

Make all the player choices look like this:

1. (Shrug)
2. ... (Sarcastic)
3. ...
4. (Smile)

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
(5)Punch
(6)Gouge
(7)Grope
(8)Bribe

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Saint Sputnik posted:

It's lever action rifles I miss like hell

Yep, those too. And That Gun.

How the poo poo, with all the references to Blade Runner and synths in general, does Fallout 4 not loving have That Gun.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

staberind posted:

(5)Punch
(6)Gouge
(7)Grope
(8)Bribe

(9)MurderKnife

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

Yep, those too. And That Gun.

How the poo poo, with all the references to Blade Runner and synths in general, does Fallout 4 not loving have That Gun.

I think a .50 unique That Gun is going to have to be made.

Is'nt the original some bastardised rifle with a grip added?

in a twist of irony, I think the deliverer should be a little more common and that gun replaces the unique one, as a, uh, retirement gift.

Balls, got a good quality model for it, was planning on using the pipe revolver as a base for the hand placement, but nifskope refuses to load any weapons.

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 9, 2016

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That Gun would obviously be looted from a unique Courser.
(Or maybe found in the SRB)

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, thats also a good idea, if not more fitting. I was tempted to model/retex to Deckards coat as well at one point, I guess this is the best reason
you know there is even an easter egg regarding a specific scene in bladerunner.

It seems i was being an idiot again, and using the wrong nifskope, now the new one does not want to import the .nif file of the blaster I made, and it cannot import .obj files,

staberind fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 9, 2016

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Wish I knew more about how the gently caress bumpmaps and speculars work

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

gromdul posted:

Make all the player choices look like this:

1. (Shrug)
2. ... (Sarcastic)
3. ...
4. (Smile)

staberind posted:

(5)Punch
(6)Gouge
(7)Grope
(8)Bribe

twist it

pull it

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
:nws:http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7970/:nws: :prestongarvey "Yessss":
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7957/ A tutorial on introducing new meshes to Fallout 4

staberind fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 10, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Reading the description is just loving hilarious.

quote:

Hopefully, I can transfer these weight values to the other models, smaller and bigger, and flaccid, which is upcoming.

In doing so, the penis is not deformed, but the seam between penis and body is not as smooth as before. You win some you lose some.

Update:
Bigger penis available as optional file. However, problems with bone weights are more noticable with larger penis.

Update:
Soon done with the lengthier penises, but I need to sleep. Perhaps tomorrow.

Update:
About size. Take it easy. I will give you something to be envious about. This is as small as it gets, But when I have the slider for penis lenght you will get what you wish for.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
You missed what made me chuckle the most: Crouching will result in a deformed penis.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Heh. "Bone Weights".

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh hey, a Fallout 4 mod thread, I missed that we had this.

I made a dumb, quick mod to make everything in Covenant unowned because I got sick of doing it manually.

I also made a mod to fix and tweak a bunch of companion poo poo that I hadn't seen fixed without the face bug.

While I was doing the latter one, I might have had a bit of a meltdown in one of the other threads trying to figure out how the loving hell stats for companions are calculated. Then I get this message.

quote:

I'm curious if I'm reading something right in FO4Edit and if you understand it the same way that I do. On each companion record I noticed the following values (these from Piper):

Calc min level: 0
Calc max level: 35
Level Mult: 0.01
Player Level Mult: Player Level Mult

So I take that as companion level should be calculated as a multiple of player level (last setting). That multiple is 0.01 (or 1%) with a range of 0 to 35. If I read that right, does that say that Piper is 1% of my level? That can't be right, can it? At level 100, she'd just finally get to level 1. It would make more sense if that was supposed to be 10% of my level, but even then at level 350, she would finally hit her max at 35.

Then there are some strange inconsistencies. Nick has a calc min level of 99 which would seem to indicate he will always be 99 regardless, unless the Cacl Max Level of 35 overrides in which case he would always be 35. Dog Calc Min Level is 100, but his mult is 0.001. CompanionCurie has a mult of 0.000, so she'd always be level 0 even though her max is 35.

What is even going on with this code???

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Reading the description is just loving hilarious.

quote:

The big penis mesh is now been polished a bit more.

:same:

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's not really a code thing. Those bits *were* used for holding data on NPC levels in Skyrim, and FO4Edit treats them the same. That doesn't mean they actually *are* exactly the same in FO4, and the inconsistencies suggest they're not.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Talkie Toaster posted:

It's not really a code thing. Those bits *were* used for holding data on NPC levels in Skyrim, and FO4Edit treats them the same. That doesn't mean they actually *are* exactly the same in FO4, and the inconsistencies suggest they're not.

Ah, so they just left the forms they weren't sure about labeled how they were? That makes a good bit more sense.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Are there any current mods that let you recruit brotherhood knights as a squad? Like the robot home defence but instead you can recruit multiple brotherhood bros to come with you ?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

...Catmeat?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8061/
Also, his other mod list...
:staredog:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Needs to be fat cat from Final Fantasy XIV.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Couple more changes and it should be ready to publish.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
So I know everyone is always complaining about how the Brotherhood are fascists, well, if you want to make it literal, there's a mod for you!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5586/

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Entropic posted:

So I know everyone is always complaining about how the Brotherhood are fascists, well, if you want to make it literal, there's a mod for you!

Huh, I might actually download this one.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Entropic posted:

I'll wait for the update that gives Maxson the Hitler-stache

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh hey, a Fallout 4 mod thread, I missed that we had this.

I made a dumb, quick mod to make everything in Covenant unowned because I got sick of doing it manually.

I also made a mod to fix and tweak a bunch of companion poo poo that I hadn't seen fixed without the face bug.

While I was doing the latter one, I might have had a bit of a meltdown in one of the other threads trying to figure out how the loving hell stats for companions are calculated. Then I get this message.

A couple of Q's : is this easily editable to give Curie a Syringer? Will Preston turn into an albino again, I'm using this at the mo : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7881/ while it makes him a little too beeeeeefffcaaake, at least he's not Preston Ghostly.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Are there any decent difficulty mods? I'm on survival and it's still pretty darn easy, maybe I should just run around naked and use a peashooter? I've completed the main storyline, so i'm spending my last few hours exploring and doing the sidequests.

It's a shame they removed the hardcore mode, but that will be modded in soon hopefully.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Our own The Iron Rose has a couple mods that will help you.

Create Your Own Difficulty lets you adjust the damage multipliers on enemies and yourself.

Weapon Balance Overhaul is nice too. Makes some under-powered weapons more useful... and more deadly in your enemy's hands. Watch out for coursers, their Institute weapons pack a lot more punch with this.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 11, 2016

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

Ah, so they just left the forms they weren't sure about labeled how they were? That makes a good bit more sense.

This is basically the norm for any piece of software. I'm sure part of the development time for the GECK is to try and make the internal tools a bit less spit and bailing wire.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

'k, just uploaded what I've been working on. I retextured the Postman outfit into a classic style leather bomber jacket and jeans (dark brown, weathered and black variants), with the shoulder bag removed.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8193/

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

staberind posted:

A couple of Q's : is this easily editable to give Curie a Syringer? Will Preston turn into an albino again, I'm using this at the mo : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7881/ while it makes him a little too beeeeeefffcaaake, at least he's not Preston Ghostly.

I mean, you can just hand Curie a syringer. But I'm not actually sure how well companion/ammo stuff works with syringers? I've never tried it. It should be easy to edit, but I don't know how the ammo usage would work at all. I didn't change her default companion weapon, I just made her use it.

The face bug will not happen with this. (It's what makes Preston white) Some nice person said in the comments to some other mod how to fix it, and I used their fix. Works like a charm. Also face mods generally conflict with any other mods that edit companions, so chances are that whatever's making Preston white for you isn't working while you use that mod.

EDIT: Why the hell are several settlers Turret class???

Alright, I was looking up how companion weapons work, and it looks like you'd have to make a special nonplayable companion syringer with special nonplayable companion syringe ammo. You don't have to give the companion the ammo, so... I'm not sure how the gun calls up the ammo?

Well, now I'm curious, so I'll try it out. I doubt it'll work in a game in progress, because nothing seems to work right on a game in progress, but it's worth playing with.

EDIT2: Huh. Seems like Cait has a double-barreled shotgun and a baseball bat. I only ever see her using the bat... I don't see the shotgun in her inventory. I feel like I USED to see her use a shotgun though.

EDIT3: Genuinely not sure about how the type of syringer ammo is differentiated. There is a single type of syringer ammo in here- wait, there's the ammo and then the effect is applied by an INGESTIBLE?

Why does the syringer projectile have the "Broadsider" muzzle flash?

I think you may have picked the most difficult weapon to get an NPC to use. You may as well make a gun that looks like the syringer, shoots projectiles that look like syringes, and then add the Wounding effect to it so it'll be like bleed syringes.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

quote:

You don't have to give the companion the ammo, so... I'm not sure how the gun calls up the ammo?
Every gun has an 'NPC clip' field. If an NPC spawns with that gun, they get the ammo for it. It's probably in that.

I really had not realised quite how opaque the DR calculation was in FO4. I've figured out a way to switch ammo types on the fly, so I've been sketching out what AP vs hollowpoint should do. In New Vegas, with DT, that was easy. In Fallout 4...
This is my best set of curves so far, damage dealt (Y) vs armour (X) for AP/Normal/hollowpoint.
Except... AP is 22.5 damage, 75% armour penetration (compared to the 40% on AP receivers). Normal is 30 damage. Hollowpoint is 45 damage, -400% armour penetration..
Even for 75% AP, it's only very slightly better against high armours and the switchover point between normal and AP ammo comes way too early. But moving it along means even more dramatic damage reductions and AP buffs.
For HP, even with ludicrous negative AP it's only slightly worse against high armours and the crossover point with normal ammo comes incredibly early. Ideally it'd be even worse against high armour, but that means even *more* negative AP.

At this rate AP weapons are going to need something like 90% AP/50% lower damage to actually have a niche, and I don't think you can really balance HP weapons using this system. Do the extra 15 points of damage from Explosive/Plasma weapons get affected by DR/ER in the same way as their regular damage? I might end up having to add a 15 point damage bonus on HP that's reduced separately.

• Locked thread