Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I imagine Jah works three days a week, tops.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but he's literally said multiple times he only works 3 days a week. It usually comes up when he talks about how he's always late to things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

lmao zebong posted:

I was having the same trouble and somebody posted this link which is working for me for the first 300 episodes: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/n09f8yy7by5r5tt/uhhyeahdude.rss

Yup this works thanks.

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005
I was listening to the latest episode of Get up on This (ep 225) today and they mentioned UYD.

Dave Anthony was the guest and he said that listening to UYD inspired him to start his own podcast (walking the room).

Matt mentioned that he grew up with Jonathan and Seth and he filmed their 100th episode. Apparently they've been trying to get Seth and Jah on the show but Jonathan is "a hard man to pin down" which got a laugh.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Seth and John would be great guests for Get Up on This. Actually they might be even better for a Get up Off episode.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Another late-night Seinfeld appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=984VkHzXl8w

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I'm so excited. How old is the "fat guy seeing himself on the news" bit?

Crescendo
Apr 24, 2005

Strafe those atheistic degenerates. Color them green with lots of holes.
gently caress it, Seinfeld's jokes are so played-out and anodyne that the true comedy is in his earnest delivery, and I'm convinced that's exactly what he's going for.

The man is operating at another level. I'm not even kidding.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Crescendo posted:

gently caress it, Seinfeld's jokes are so played-out and anodyne that the true comedy is in his earnest delivery, and I'm convinced that's exactly what he's going for.

The man is operating at another level. I'm not even kidding.

it's not what he's going for. watch HBO's "Talking Funny" special. he has the most detached, clinical view of comedy ive ever seen and revises like maybe 10 minutes a year of his act. he only goes by what reliably gets laughs for his chosen audiences so he never has to change or do anything out of his comfort zone.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I disagree too. Somewhere, possibly here, I learned that a Huey Lewis concert is the exact same setlist, wtih the exact same breaks, beats and banter, done the same way for every single show, spanning across years. Huey could do a lot better, but his need for comfort coupled with his desire to "send 'em home happy" by going through his hits by rote makes him a lovely musician, not a brilliant one.

Senfield is doing the same. He wants to get the laughs he is expecting and that people expect to give, does not want to stretch far enough to work for them and risk untucking his shirt from his jeans. That isn't brilliant, thats just a billionaire who probably likes eating at chain restaurants because nothing is unexpected.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Ok so he is a professional who does a great job at what he does, strives for excellence, and ensures that his customers are please with the final product.... WHAT A GOOFUS!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

a starwar betamax posted:

does a great job
Yea, about that part.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Ok so he is a professional who does a great job at what he does, strives for excellence, and ensures that his customers are please with the final product.... WHAT A GOOFUS!

he's the kevin nash of comedy. he does the absolute minimum necessary for monetary success with the most clinical, detached mindset a man could possibly have. this either makes him the best comedian (wrestler) in history or the worst.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Trying hard doesn't free you from criticism when your product is atrocious. Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows, own them all on dvd and have seen each season multiple times. That said he's a horrible, delusional comedian now and yes a 100% GOOFYS.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
seinfeld is as boring and unthreatening as it gets in comedy, might as well praise larry the cable guy cause he can make fart jokes and get people to laugh

also he is a creep

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Buddy you've been bought.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Reminder that Jerry Seinfeld dated a 17-year-old when he was almost 40, then dumped her to go break up a marriage.

Seinfeld is a great show but that's mostly because of Larry David and the rest of the cast.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

UYD: Seth is gettin' upset!!!

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

little munchkin posted:

Reminder that Jerry Seinfeld dated a 17-year-old when he was almost 40, then dumped her to go break up a marriage.

Didn't they talk about that at one point? I wanna say I didn't know about it til UYD taught me about it.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Got my posters and they own. Also included an awesome note and christmas card. Roma owns.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Those own

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I dont know if i posted this before but i was on a road trip with my friends and went from Toronto to the Boston live show, i was talking to seth afterwards and joking about the tolls on the Mass turnpike and he said "we did you dirty on those tolls" and gave me a bunch of free signed stuff haha

I also met his uncle at the bar and he was really amused that everyone came there to see seth and jonathan, he was saying he still remembers seth as a precocious little kid who wanted to be a musician. a peek behind the curtain

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
SetHector 4 Ever

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
whys their twitter linking movie trailers and house auctions?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Depths posted:

Seth runs the Twitter now, and posts links he finds interesting.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Depths posted:

Because Seth is 65 years old.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
First Seth is on Twitter. Now he's on an airplane. I don't know what's real anymore.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

seth should just get a tumblr if he wants to be a curator of internet poo poo or w/e

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

whats next, is seth gonna start livestreamin madden on twitch?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

does seth even not talk in certain businesses like a crazy person anymore? they changed man

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Seth wading into tumblr to talk about the sexual politics between man and wo-man would be amazing.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Matey posted:

whats next, is seth gonna start livestreamin madden on twitch?

like seth could handle a controller with more buttons than the nes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

like seth could handle a controller with more buttons than the atari 2600.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Swedish nanny boobs, hang out with the Predator then go see a drive-in. No big deal.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

SF show was solid. Jonathan embarrassed himself multiple times.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

like seth could handle a controller with more buttons than Arkanoid.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

bunky posted:

Swedish nanny boobs, hang out with the Predator then go see a drive-in. No big deal.

new topic plz

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

little munchkin posted:

Seinfeld is a great show but that's mostly because of Larry David and the rest of the cast.

The dude can be a comic genius and an awful person at the same time. People r complicated.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Dr. Hunch looks in your holes and tells you what he thinks.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Odddzy posted:

Yup, you're talking about the same guy. The documentary makes it sound like it was a frame job though.

Whoa, not only that, but they also talked about the DA from that series in a 2010 episode.

http://archive.uhhyeahdu.de/episodes/episode-237

He's the creepo who was hitting on the battered women whose case he was in charge of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Is there a term like Oedipus complex, but instead of wanting to gently caress your mom you want to be bros with your dad?