Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

do you see what's become of us without an update questioner

Well, there was an update today... :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Theta Zero posted:

Cool they finally fixed the Berserker blocking bug. Now I can stop being helpful to my team and just solo everything.

Explain yourself.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

LuciferMorningstar posted:

they're just trying to lull you into a false sense of security before they announce the $1500 DLC spaceships

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

Explain yourself.

Berserker was my favorite class because he could pretty much handle everything with parrying, even on higher difficulties and after the nerf. But I stopped playing because on some maps you would just randomly be unable to block any attack. So I just played my second favorite class, which was Medic. Now that they fixed the bug, I'm back to just abandoning my team to kill things on my own whiling sprinting mindlessly through the map.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Theta Zero posted:

Berserker was my favorite class because he could pretty much handle everything with parrying, even on higher difficulties and after the nerf. But I stopped playing because on some maps you would just randomly be unable to block any attack. So I just played my second favorite class, which was Medic. Now that they fixed the bug, I'm back to just abandoning my team to kill things on my own whiling sprinting mindlessly through the map.

That explains a lot. :stare:

Appreciate the update.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

To excel at Killing Floor, you must become the Killing Floor.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Psion posted:

I have to agree, the leveling in this game has never been good and only gets worse the more perks they add.

I'm not saying more perks is bad - no, that's not true. But more perks does have its downside. six level 3 gunslingers per game is kind of ... well.
i agree but the other side of this is that levelling perks is the only thing to actually do in KF

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

3 updates. :colbert:

(Because I'm apparently bad at my job and didn't bother to check to see if the game still ran on video cards from 2008)

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Flipswitch posted:

i agree but the other side of this is that levelling perks is the only thing to actually do in KF

You could, you know, just play to have fun. That's what I do, and it's pretty great, IMHO.

Questioner86 posted:

(Because I'm apparently bad at my job and didn't bother to check to see if the game still ran on video cards from 2008)

Radical idea: people still using 2008 GPUs are insane and should be disregarded.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Questioner86 posted:

Don't you guys have a checklist for these things? :v:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So I haven't been in the thread since September for the most part, what's been added in since then, also any news regarding the PS4 version and a possible release date for it, as that's the version I'll be able to play

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Colosmicon posted:

Don't you guys have a checklist for these things? :v:

I do now!

The game company that I first started working at years ago had some great checklist items like "Set the date in Windows to the year 3000 and make sure the game still launches". Rest assured every bizarre checklist item has an embarrassing story behind it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

drrockso20 posted:

So I haven't been in the thread since September for the most part, what's been added in since then, also any news regarding the PS4 version and a possible release date for it, as that's the version I'll be able to play

Absolutely nothing, you'll hear talk on the PS4 version once the PC one is done I assume which at this point might be quite awhile.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Alteisen posted:

Absolutely nothing, you'll hear talk on the PS4 version once the PC one is done I assume which at this point might be quite awhile.

I'll admit part of me really wishes that they hadn't gone with Early Access for the PC version, waiting for a version I can actually play while others can already is infuriating in an unusual way

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Radical idea: people still using 2008 GPUs are insane and should be disregarded.

Why, the game looks great on them :v:

I have convinced my buddy with astoudingly poo poo PC to play on a free weekend.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Kikas posted:

I have convinced my buddy with astoudingly poo poo PC to play on a free weekend.

A cool new PSX launch title!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

A cool new PSX launch title!

Well the mod is called "The N64 mod" but I get the confusion.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Kikas posted:

poo poo I might download this mod, that looks rad as hell. How does it handle rendering stalkers?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I bought this during winter sale and having played several hundred hours of KF and maxing out all the perks, doing all but objective mode maps on suicidal and over a half of them in HoE, I must say I kind of like this one, but it still seems lacking.

Some points:

I like having more perk levels and perk exp coming from playing naturally instead of doing retarded poo poo like hunting specifically Stalkers with specifically Commando weapons. I get about 0.6 perk levels per map and that feels like a good pace in itself. HOWEVER, the perk bonuses are too incremental and this makes the game feel like a grind.

My solution: cut the amount of levels per perk to 15 and fit all the skills and bonuses to that. I've been leveling the perk steadily and are 9-10 levels in all perks. Having 15-16 more ahead of me in all of them feels a bit disheartening. Hard mode gives me a good challenge still but I fear it starts to seem old way before I have high enough perk levels that I could start trying suicidal without getting killed/kicked 2 minutes into the map.

Demolition guy needs a bit of work. Either give a shitload of more ammo to the starting grenade pistol or give some mid-level weapon with more utility, like the KF's carbine with nade launcher attachment.

BUFF THE HELL OUT OF HUNTING SHOTGUN. This has been the biggest disappointment in this game. I liked the KF's hunting shotgun which was a death cannon that even scrakes and fleshpounds learned to respect. In KF2 I have trouble dispatching even sirens with this thing.

Finally a question for more experienced players: the gunslinger's lvl 25 zed time perk Uber Ammo gives infinite ammo during zed time. Does this apply to gunslinger guns only or also all the other weapons, up to and including M79 and RPG?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Laputanmachine posted:

Demolition guy needs a bit of work. Either give a shitload of more ammo to the starting grenade pistol or give some mid-level weapon with more utility, like the KF's carbine with nade launcher attachment.

BUFF THE HELL OUT OF HUNTING SHOTGUN. This has been the biggest disappointment in this game. I liked the KF's hunting shotgun which was a death cannon that even scrakes and fleshpounds learned to respect. In KF2 I have trouble dispatching even sirens with this thing.

I agree about Demolitions. Firebug gets the incendiary shotgun, Berserker gets the nailgun and saw launcher, but Demolitions is just "3 tiers of grenade launcher with remote C4". It direly needs some sort of utility weapon. Maybe some kind of explosive flechette rifle?
The double-barrel shotgun is a piece of poo poo as you said. The standard one is more than enough until you get the M1014 or the AA12.

On an unrelated note note, I'm a maniac that plays a lot of solo, and I can do really well for myself, except for Fleshpounds. I find myself losing almost all my armor and most of my resources just to take down one, let alone two. Any tips besides just getting lucky with timing or C4?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Kikas posted:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I really like the double barrel. And I've never saw much fault with it. But now that you mention it, it really should be able to take out a siren at close range with both barrels.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Alabaster White posted:

On an unrelated note note, I'm a maniac that plays a lot of solo, and I can do really well for myself, except for Fleshpounds. I find myself losing almost all my armor and most of my resources just to take down one, let alone two. Any tips besides just getting lucky with timing or C4?

I don't play it solo, but as the devs have said that the game plays very differently (far easier) in solo mode do you find that you are learning strategies that break down when you go online?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Gromit posted:

I don't play it solo, but as the devs have said that the game plays very differently (far easier) in solo mode do you find that you are learning strategies that break down when you go online?

Not really. I can clear Hard solo matches easy peasy, and I can ALMOST finish Suicidal solo (those drat fleshpounds, I swear), and those skills translate well to online, while the only difficulty I find online is that my teammates just can't shoot worth a drat or survive when it gets down to it. Having to do stuff solo after all your teammates bite it isn't exactly fair when Volter comes at you with stats tuned for 6 players. Maybe the pubbies are just dreadful but they can barely get through a Medium Normal match before biting it.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Personally, I think that if your team gets wiped out and it's one person left and the boss isn't in the last phase, your team deserves to loose. But it's kinda cool to see someone come from behind and pull a win out at the last second. Maybe if boss HP dynamically changed as people died to a lower amount (on a delay), but his power grows to compensate, but not his speed through. You avoid his attacks, you stay alive and it doesn't take 40 minutes to kill the boss. Someone, player or boss, dying quicker should be a focus to bring an end to the game. Course good luck avoiding the melee. That'd need to be addressed.

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
Couple days ago I had a Hard game on Outpost where Hans got stuck on a couple of physics objects, then escaped them by teleporting over and two-shotting me with his melee strike. Four of the remaining five teammates tried futilely to continue the fight while the fifth, who was a level 25 Gunslinger, ran off to a far corner of the map. After two more of us went down, the 25 asked if we wanted him to finish off Hans for us. No response, so he let the other two die, then tried to kite Hans for 10 minutes until he accidentally stood on a cluster of grenades and got himself a shrapnel enema. His response? "lol".

Fuckin' pubbies...

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Finally fought patty for the first time.

He killed us all. :v:

Poor Toaster, stops to kill a bloat and eats a patty missile for his troubles.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

Couple days ago I had a Hard game on Outpost where Hans got stuck on a couple of physics objects, then escaped them by teleporting over and two-shotting me with his melee strike. Four of the remaining five teammates tried futilely to continue the fight while the fifth, who was a level 25 Gunslinger, ran off to a far corner of the map. After two more of us went down, the 25 asked if we wanted him to finish off Hans for us. No response, so he let the other two die, then tried to kite Hans for 10 minutes until he accidentally stood on a cluster of grenades and got himself a shrapnel enema. His response? "lol".

Fuckin' pubbies...

The correct response to fighting Hans on Hard or above at this point is to lean into the punches and then get on with the next map.

Patty might actually be a little too easy, at least on Hard, but let me just re-iterate for the millionth time in this thread that Hans is awful and should be nerfed and probably changed a bit at first opportunity.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The correct response to fighting Hans on Hard or above at this point is to lean into the punches and then get on with the next map.

Patty might actually be a little too easy, at least on Hard, but let me just re-iterate for the millionth time in this thread that Hans is awful and should be nerfed and probably changed a bit at first opportunity.

Hans is a little much because he has Fleshpound-quality speed and melee damage, plus unlucky grenade placement can mean you'll die in one volley. Not to mention, unlike Patriarch, his phase-change is just him turning invincible and sapping someone's HP... except sometimes he doesn't do that for a while and just abuses his shield while gunning you all down. Apparently his backpack is actually a weakpoint? Shooting it gives the bullet deflection effect/sound so it feels like you're just wasting ammo. Actually, does metal enemy armor actually reduce damage much/at all, or is it mostly cosmetic?

e: apparently metal armor reduces damage by half. Also, his chest core is a weakpoint too.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

e: apparently metal armor reduces damage by half. Also, his chest core is a weakpoint too.

Yeah, but just like FPs, the core is surrounded by metal, so you either hit dead on or do gently caress all. And Hans has a ridiculous amount of metal on him compared to his HP.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Goon squad this weekend did about 4 games, got Hans 3 times in a row and killed him each time. 4th game, we got Pats and he wiped us all.

Buff Hans Nerf Patriarch.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

Fuckin' pubbies...

Pubbies really can be something, yesterday I had a downright streak of terrible pubs. One support who only ever bought and used deagles and never once touched a shotgun. Then another support who, after dying together with me on a later wave, picked up my dropped .500 magnums right in front of me, sold them at the trader, and then kept crowing for more money while ignoring his own dropped AA-12 that was lying not too far away. Combine that with groups who insisted on staying in the most open spots while struggling to put down a single siren, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I mean, most of that can be explained by just being new and not knowing the mechanics all that well yet. But if you're that new, maybe don't jump right into Hard and above just to get wiped on wave 4?

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme

One thing I never realized (until a pubbie of all people told me) was that Medics can shoot the larger zeds in the legs to make them stumble. In the case of Hans it could be enough to let his intended victim get away, especially if combined with other knockdown/stumbling effects, but this mechanic isn't communicated anywhere in the game. Early access, I know, but it would be nice if one of the tips that popped up during Hans' intro cinematic said "Medics: If Hans charges, shoot him in the legs to give your teammates a chance to escape!"

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Hey Dev guys, can we please get it sorted out so when you're selling one of a pair of guns, the remaining gun doesn't move in your list. It's getting frustrating how many times I've accidentally sold the deagle or magnum I just bought because I was selling two of a smaller gun to make room and oh it moved to the top and there goes my magnum, looks like I'm doing this entire wave with a single tier one pistol.

On that note, why do you get less money for a gun you just bought. The other issue I mentioned wouldn't be as much of a problem if I didn't lose money selling back something I just bought. This isn't real world economics here. At the very least give me back the exact money I paid if it's a gun I just bought during that shopping stint and charge me less next time after I've actually used the thing, if we're going to be that stingy with virtual money that magically appears in your pocket when you kill something.

Also also: now we've had about 5 or so new maps added since the game first came out, and 11 new weapons and the Pat. Any chance of an artbook update? I love seeing behind the scenes stuff for things like this. Black forest especially interests me.

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

The Microwave gun tends to make short-ish work of them toward end game, but the first round with the Pound Id recommend getting something explosive and dumping on them, that generally works for me in solo

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

I don't know what perk you're rolling, but C4 should do the job. A max-level Demo playing solo can take out a Pound in with two C4 to the chest (give time between detonations). The problem is that C4 is very limited in quantity for anyone who isn't a max-level Demo, and gently caress trying to solo stuff as Demo.

You'd be better off going Berserker and learning to parry everything.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I had someone rag on me in a game for picking support saying it's a poo poo class. But I like my boomsticks damnit.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

I had someone rag on me in a game for picking support saying it's a poo poo class. But I like my boomsticks damnit.

Support is fantastic, though. The AA12 is flat-out the best gun in the game, and you get some fun perks to turn you into a brick wall.

I don't know what perk you're rolling, but C4 should do the job. A max-level Demo playing solo can take out a Pound in with two C4 to the chest (give time between detonations). The problem is that C4 is very limited in quantity for anyone who isn't a max-level Demo, and gently caress trying to solo stuff as Demo.

You'd be better off going Berserker and learning to parry everything.

I generally play Commando, Support, or Medic, but it's specifically Commando I'm having issue with. Support mulches everything no problem with the AA12, Medic has such incredible survivability that I can just tank the damage, but Commando just doesn't have the sustainability. I can usually take out one Fleshpound, but the later waves with 2 (or god forbid, 3) are brutal. The real issue is that sometimes they just go perma-berserk and I can't do anything about it.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Pubbies are dumber than a box of rocks.

Alabaster White posted:

I generally play Commando, Support, or Medic, but it's specifically Commando I'm having issue with. Support mulches everything no problem with the AA12, Medic has such incredible survivability that I can just tank the damage, but Commando just doesn't have the sustainability. I can usually take out one Fleshpound, but the later waves with 2 (or god forbid, 3) are brutal. The real issue is that sometimes they just go perma-berserk and I can't do anything about it.

Don't solo with Commando unless you've got aimbot-level shooting skills and can just headshot the Pound. For reference, a one-man HoE Pound has 812 "head health" and 2325 "body health." Pounds also have a 50% damage resistance against basically everything except explosions and piercing (bullets aren't piercing-type damage). Max-level Commando can hit for 75 damage per bullet with the SCAR. You do the math.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Don't solo with Commando unless you've got aimbot-level shooting skills and can just headshot the Pound. For reference, a one-man HoE Pound has 812 "head health" and 2325 "body health." Pounds also have a 50% damage resistance against basically everything except explosions and piercing (bullets aren't piercing-type damage). Max-level Commando can hit for 75 damage per bullet with the SCAR. You do the math.

I can usually blast their heads off (with a grenade or two to soften them up, of course) on Hard/Suicidal, even at LV14. I just don't understand whatever AI routine causes them to stay in aggressive mode permanently, and that's a guaranteed death sentence. Guess I'll just do the harder modes as Support cause the AA12 takes them out no problem.