Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Wait, so all those gun nuts in America hoard weapons... Just to hoard them? They don't even go to the shooting range?

My father owns a couple of rifles because he likes hunting. He keeps them in a locker in the lower part of the house, closed with a key nearby so that it takes a while to open it. When I was little and asked him why go through all this trouble, he told me that guns are dangerous and to keep them on hand sqngerously so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I was once in a similar argument with someone over the tyranny of obamacare, who went through some pretty hardcore mental gymnastics to explain why socialized medicine didn't make Canada or the U.K. Tyrannical and it boiled down to the fact we are too large and diverse (read not white) and ge didn't want to pay for the healthcare of urban gamgbangers and junkies

Also he never said black so it's totally not racist and I was the real racist, etc...

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Lady Naga posted:

Sounds like a really stupid thing to do. The badge is just so that public figures can't be imitated, it's not some great honour.

It's very obviously a shot across the bows; Milo gets away with a lot of poo poo that would see normal users suspended.

Then again, losing meaningless power on the Internet makes NRxers very sad. Just ask the neo-Confederate Wikipedia editor how he feels about his admin powers being revoked for calling female admins "feminazis".

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

Wait, so all those gun nuts in America hoard weapons... Just to hoard them? They don't even go to the shooting range?

My father owns a couple of rifles because he likes hunting. He keeps them in a locker in the lower part of the house, closed with a key nearby so that it takes a while to open it. When I was little and asked him why go through all this trouble, he told me that guns are dangerous and to keep them on hand sqngerously so.

People definitely go to ranges with them. Gotta get practice in if you're gonna defend your home

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I love this word.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Lady Naga posted:

Sounds like a really stupid thing to do. The badge is just so that public figures can't be imitated, it's not some great honour.

It's a little more than that; Verified users get additional tools for managing followers and reporting harassers, and Milo seems to have been abusing that to target women he didn't like. (I'm not sure of the exact details.)

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

cash crab posted:

A lot of Canadians own guns, although our licensing is very strict and the kinds of guns you can have are, from what I understand, a bit arbitrary. But for some reason even serious gun nuts that I've met don't get all "ARE GUNS GRRRR" a lot of time. Weird.

Hahaha...ha...ha..ha..:smith:

All posted by a Canadian in the last 2 days.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Seems to me if you ban the guns the Muslims won't be able to kill anymore innocent people

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Grraarrgghh posted:

If only firefighters had guns

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Edit: Complete wrong thread, disregard!

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

There is no survivable cure for Liberalism

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

oldpainless posted:

Seems to me if you ban the guns the Muslims won't be able to kill anymore innocent people

The Hitler comparisons a few pages ago pointed out that most gun fanatics are white Christians - that gun restrictions would only disarm white Christians so they could be rounded up for a new Holocaust, rather than make everyone safer. I wouldn't be surprised if people think that everyone who isn't white actually obtains their guns 100% illegally (100% meaning right from the time of production rather than through a number of unregulated deals or not-too-harsh background checks that eventually ends with somebody somewhere just selling it as a "black-market" firearm, especially when private citizens don't need background checks to sell to each other so calling the non-organized criminal acquisition of guns a black market is like calling it a black market when teens pay a guy to buy them a case of booze).

I do think effective gun control in America would probably have to start with a guns-for-cash, no questions asked turn-in program to get a bunch of them off the streets though, because stopping selling guns and waiting until the currently-held ones break down would not yield results fast enough for anyone to believe anything had changed, other than that "law-abiding citizens can't protect themselves anymore."

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Most (American) people buy multiple firearms because it's fun to shoot different guns at paper and things going 'ping' hth.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I have owned two guns for 11 years and have only shot like 3 people.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

oldpainless posted:

I have owned two guns for 11 years and have only shot like 3 people.

I've owned 3 people for 11 years and have only shot two guns. :shrug:

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

scorpiobean posted:

I have a mental image of a bunch of brain dead read necks and wannabe cowboys surrounding a burning house, firing their guns at it at, and looking puzzled as to why it's not working.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

scorpiobean posted:

And paramedics.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

mng posted:

Most (American) people buy multiple firearms because it's fun to shoot different guns at paper and things going 'ping' hth.

A lot of people like tenpin bowling too but own neither several bowling balls nor boxes and boxes of bowling shoes. I wonder how they enjoy their sport or how those bowling alleys stay in business?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Judge Tesla posted:

The main people outside the police/military who have guns in England are farmers or private collectors, as well as organized crime gangs but that goes without saying

Of course it goes without saying. You already said cops. :v:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Weatherman posted:

A lot of people like tenpin bowling too but own neither several bowling balls nor boxes and boxes of bowling shoes. I wonder how they enjoy their sport or how those bowling alleys stay in business?

Because they feel exactly the same and look the same, and have no interesting history. Stop being obtuse.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

mng posted:

Because they feel exactly the same and look the same, and have no interesting history. Stop being obtuse.

I only buy bowling balls for my collection when I can find out the history of how many pins they've knocked down, and which historical bowling matches they've been in. They're entirely for self-defence, of course, and I keep them locked up carefully unless I want to clean and polish them. They're so shiny and smooth and round. Every home should have a dozen or so. They're so shiny. Shiny and round.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
God dammit, I almost contributed to a gun derail. Shut it down early. No one cares about your hobby.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Practical Demon posted:

God dammit, I almost contributed to a gun derail. Shut it down early. No one cares about your hobby.

Not having to take care of an adult-chil, errr, I mean being a supportive boyfriend makes my favorite hobby so much easier.

For those who don’t know, I am a gun collector, so you can imagine the amount of money that goes into my hobby. (Tons of it given my tastes in guns).

Just recently I caught one of my Unicorns so to speak. I purchased my brand new H&K Mk23.

It is has passed the rigorous tests required by SOCOM, has been proven reliable in the harshest conditions ever, and is the ONLY pistol to my knowledge that was design to be a stand-alone platform in leiu of a rifle. It’s manufacturers have a slogan: “In a world of compromise, some don’t”. And more importantly, I think it symbolizes and embodies more of what MGTOW truly is. We don’t compromise our values. We are able to stand alone. And we are capable of withstanding the harshest of conditions while manginas seek female approval and while even some bad-boys would be lost if the next day women stopped speaking to them.

I would love to post a photo but am yet to figure out how to do this on this forum as I am not really great with computers or the internet. (Hey, I can’t be good at everything) Anyway, if anyone could tell me how to do it, I would love to post that photo.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Not having to take care of an adult-chil, errr, I mean being a supportive boyfriend makes my favorite hobby so much easier.

The verb tense makes it sound like he's saying that being a supportive boyfriend (to a woman that is not an "adult-child") is making his hobby easier and I was a little confused by this sentence at first. Then I read the rest of it and decided that the misleading grammar is the least of his problems.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

ratbert90 posted:

I've owned 3 people for 11 years and have only shot two guns. :shrug:

ahahahah

Grraarrgghh posted:

Oh boy. I stand horribly, tragically corrected.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
He stood at the podium and sang a traditional Christian hymn, so I'm guessing . . . Communist?

for fucks sake dan
Nov 30, 2015

Public page. Already over 52,000 likes/shares/comments in five hours. Surely he'll keep his promise! It says "Official Legal Document" right there! :v:

tramsosMAI
Feb 29, 2008
On a lighter note, my grandmother just sent me a message on Facebook by posting on my mother's wall? I mean, it worked, but...

I love her so much A+ grandmother trying so hard

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

tramsosMAI posted:

On a lighter note, my grandmother just sent me a message on Facebook by posting on my mother's wall? I mean, it worked, but...

That just seems like a non computer user working out a great way to get in contact with you. It's just :3: Heather.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

for fucks sake dan posted:

Public page. Already over 52,000 likes/shares/comments in five hours. Surely he'll keep his promise! It says "Official Legal Document" right there! :v:

Looks like it's a way to get a bunch of gullible idiots aware of some MLM.

PUGGERNAUT has a new favorite as of 04:41 on Jan 10, 2016

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
I kind of hope he wins just for the ensuing lawsuits tying up the money for ages when he reneges on the deal.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

tramsosMAI posted:

Awww!

Speaking of old people who don't understand Facebook, a few years back my dad made a comment that I didn't know my own astrological sign. When I asked him what he was talking about, he said I'd posted something about being a Gemini. This was weird because I hadn't added him on Facebook. Turns out he'd added a girl with the same name as me, who looked somewhat similar (although she lived in Bristol). They were friends for over a year before we figured this out.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
My grandmother signs her posts too it's kind of cute

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

om nom nom posted:

My grandmother signs her posts too it's kind of cute

My dad called me all excited because he had the top comment on a post on Rachel Maddow's page. He didn't realize Facebook automatically shows your own comments on top. I didn't tell him the truth, and offered to take a screenshot for posterity. :3

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Klaus88 posted:

:crossarms:

I'm guessing that word has a much different meaning in a European context.
Nah not really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

cash crab posted:

ahahahah

Oh boy. I stand horribly, tragically corrected.

I live in an extremely conservative area of Canada (Renfrew Nippising Pembroke) and I get this kind of poo poo all the time from Facebook acquaintances. So many anti refugee fearmongers and gun nuts around the area complaining about Canada not helping their own people first. I do enjoy pointing out that the Liberal government is reopening nine Veteran's affairs offices, aka the redneck's idols whom they hero worship.

Also, former Sniper Jody Mitic came out and said the anti refugee nutters are assholes for pitting Veterans welfare against humanitarian efforts.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

^^^: I'm going to take this opportunity to fess up and say I live in Toronto, and the only people I know who are super stoked about guns are my parents, and a friend of my boyfriend's. So my data pool is small.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

My dad called me all excited because he had the top comment on a post on Rachel Maddow's page. He didn't realize Facebook automatically shows your own comments on top. I didn't tell him the truth, and offered to take a screenshot for posterity. :3

:kimchi: Eeee!

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

for fucks sake dan posted:

Yeah he'll keep his promise because he absolutely definitely won't win (he's spent like 10 bucks, not done some crazy multi million dollar full coverage buyout that would actually have a realistic chance). And he comes away with a page with 52,000+ shares/likes/comments that he can sell to some facebook page broker thing for a fat profit. TBH I'm sorta sorry I didn't think of it myself.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

The party who run Denmark, Venstre, are a "liberal" party, but they've been recently going full fash because they're actually the third largest party, after the Social Democrats and the Danish People's Party. However, the DPP don't actually want to enter government, so…

As I understand it, ALDE, the European liberal party grouping, are very annoyed with them and there's a sizeable contingent who wants to chuck Venstre out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

I don't know who any of these people are, except (thankfully) yellow. The post showed up in my feed because he commented.

How much of a sheltered goddamn weenie do you have to be that you consider dropping a class because it presents you with information you don't (want to) agree with?

Edit: lmao geography almost ruined her life

Strange Charm has a new favorite as of 15:53 on Jan 10, 2016