Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yeah, I think I need to pick up another core set before tourney season starts. Or at least another set of dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
played in store championships

lost three games - one because someone was TLT/stresshogging me incorrectly (and I was too terrified to try to correct him it was my first store champs), one because I accidentally chose a right turn when I wanted a left (ship was facing me so I messed up the alignment in my head), and once because I misunderstood a rule

six hull han solo flew off the map against a one hull red squadron vet and a damaged r5p9 poe, when my poe was undamaged

misunderstanding exactly how moving works had never come up until today, and i flew a completely pristine han off the map again

the TLT/stressbot match i probably still would have lost, but it was super unsatisfying to go 2-3 when i maybe could have gone 4-1 if i wasn't new and bad at the game

at least i got my welfare c3po

to live is to suffer

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

A good trick for manoeuvring is to hold the dial in your hand in the direction that the ship is facing, so that the direction of the arrows corresponds to the direction your ship will move.

This has saved me from flying off the board more times than I'd care to admit.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Endman posted:

A good trick for manoeuvring is to hold the dial in your hand in the direction that the ship is facing, so that the direction of the arrows corresponds to the direction your ship will move.

This has saved me from flying off the board more times than I'd care to admit.

Ditto. At least twice today at our store champs.

Ended up flying a Soontir/Vader/Omega Leader list and did very well with it. Never flown it before, went 3-2, missed top 8 by less than 12 MOV. Took down a Dash + 3 Z95 list, BBBBZ, and a Scum Kath/Palob/2Z list.

Lost by 9 points to another Dash list with 2 B-Wings where I just could not land any hits on the B-Wings or Dash. Second loss was to stresshog/Biggs/Corran where I played like an idiot and threw the game immediately, on top of terrible dice.

Pretty happy with it overall, hopefully I'll be able to make it to another store champ and get some templates.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Bored and fiddling with a squad builder, I felt the desire to make use of that bomb slot on the Decimator. Came up with a Pancake+Ace combo that revolves around Oicunn dropping a nasty bomb then :killdozer:ing out of the way:

Captain Oicunn (42)
Daredevil (3)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Bombs (5)
Ysanne Isard (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Dauntless (2)

Darth Vader (29)
Predator (3)
Tie x/1 (0)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Advanced Targetting Computer (1)

Total: 99

or slap Rebel Captive on Oicunn too and replace Vader with Soontir (PtL, Royal Guard, Autothrusters, TIEmk2)

Still don't know when it's better to Vader vs Baron Fel, and I have a perpetual bad habit of trying to make Oicunn work in some fashion.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Someone tell me how bad this list is. 3 b-wings.

Ten Numb
VI, Mangler
Keyan Farlander
PTL
Ibitsam
PTL,

Two b-wings that get stronger with stress, and Ten for enemy aces? Thoughts?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I want to use a Tie Defender.

How do I use a Tie Defender?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Proxies from Imperial Veterans? I got nothing. I only own two of them because I needed a second copy of Predator for 2015 tournament season.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

The Gate posted:

Ditto. At least twice today at our store champs.

Ended up flying a Soontir/Vader/Omega Leader list and did very well with it. Never flown it before, went 3-2, missed top 8 by less than 12 MOV. Took down a Dash + 3 Z95 list, BBBBZ, and a Scum Kath/Palob/2Z list.

Lost by 9 points to another Dash list with 2 B-Wings where I just could not land any hits on the B-Wings or Dash. Second loss was to stresshog/Biggs/Corran where I played like an idiot and threw the game immediately, on top of terrible dice.

Pretty happy with it overall, hopefully I'll be able to make it to another store champ and get some templates.

Whoa. Are you a North Carolinian goon?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Proxy the upcoming card from Imperial Veterans. TIE MK 2 also really helps them out.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

guts and bolts posted:

Whoa. Are you a North Carolinian goon?

There's a bunch of us here. Carteret is in/close to New Bern, I'm in Wilmington, The Gate (and a few others, iirc) are up around Raleigh/RTP.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

You can use a Biophysicals Defender list:
Rexler Brath
- Predator, HLC, Ion Missile, Hull - 53 points
Colonel Vessery
- Lone Wolf, HLC, Stealth Device - 47 points
Hits hard but is very difficult to run.

Or the classic "Jonus Brothers" list.
Delta x2 with HLC
Captain Jonus, with your choice of upgrade

Otherwise
The better pilot is Vessery, who requires someone else to TargetLock the ship he is going to shoot.
So you can obtain it via mini-swarms of TIE/fos, a Decimator with Weapons Engineer, Lambda Shuttle with title, maybe bombers.

Honestly, just do as everyone else is saying and proxy the new Imp Veterans upgrades.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I managed to go 4-0 in a winter tournament today with Guri and 4 bug zapper Zs. I am really glad it was only 4 rounds, as it was my first time flying a mini swarm competitively, and I was starting to get really fatigued by the end of round 4.

Closest game was my first round against a kitted out Omicron shuttle (EU, FCS, Kallus, something else) and 4 tie fighter named pilots (Howlrunner, Youngster with Expose, 2 other from the Gozanti). That game my dice were just kinda mediocre and wound up with all my Zs dead by the time I finished off the last tie fighter. The shuttle had not taken much damage, but time ran out before Guri could chase it down and finish it off. I won by 12 points.

I then played against a Miranda, Poe, Stresshog build. He pushed Miranda and Poe too far ahead of the Stresshog, so I got some good shots on both of them early. Poe then recovered all his shields while not getting good shots in and I whittled down Miranda and the stresshog. Some nice blocking kept Miranda close enough to finish off.

Third game was against a gunner/predator Han (she doesn't have C3PO or R2D2 crew) and 3 Z95s. I think Han got a single action all game, as the swarms collided right in front of Han on the side of the map with a large asteroid blocking the Falcon from making a hard turn away from everything. Guri was able to settle in nicely to the side of Han picking away at that mountain of health with no real dange of taking damage.

The final match was against VSP. The second round of the game had Vader and Soontir shooting at range three across an asteroid at Guri. Was kinda funny to be rolling 5 defense dice with Autothrusters and sensor jammer. Even better on the return shot that I managed to strip a shield off of Vader because he used Palp to try and push a second crit through with Vader. Then the following turn I was able to get all guns on Vader and melt him when my opponent had some poor dice rolls. While I never got the opportunity to Zap Fel, forcing him to avoid range one of my Z95s really reduced his movement options. It finally came down to a joust between Fell and Guri at range 1 after Fel K-turned. Guri survived and proceeded to throw 4 hits a Soontir who had used his focus on defense.

I really like this list, as it has solutions for dealing with most of the current meta at my local store. The only thing that seems to give me troubles is named TIE swarms as I have hard trouble pushing damage through with my Z-95s on anything with 3 agility.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

KO Derf posted:

You can use a Biophysicals Defender list:
Rexler Brath
- Predator, HLC, Ion Missile, Hull - 53 points
Colonel Vessery
- Lone Wolf, HLC, Stealth Device - 47 points
Hits hard but is very difficult to run.

Or the classic "Jonus Brothers" list.
Delta x2 with HLC
Captain Jonus, with your choice of upgrade

Otherwise
The better pilot is Vessery, who requires someone else to TargetLock the ship he is going to shoot.
So you can obtain it via mini-swarms of TIE/fos, a Decimator with Weapons Engineer, Lambda Shuttle with title, maybe bombers.

Honestly, just do as everyone else is saying and proxy the new Imp Veterans upgrades.

That sounds solid, thanke

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Icon Of Sin posted:

There's a bunch of us here. Carteret is in/close to New Bern, I'm in Wilmington, The Gate (and a few others, iirc) are up around Raleigh/RTP.

The Gate and I play at Gamer's Armory in Cary

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

alg posted:

The Gate and I play at Gamer's Armory in Cary

ayy lmao

I was there today. Super disappointed in myself, but I think I'm finally starting to get my newness to wash off. It's really just frustrating to go into a round thinking you can learn something about how to fly wangs only, whoops, you decided to leave the map. 2-3 was not a great result, but Freepio is a decent tissue-box consolation prize, and I could have very easily gone 3-2 or 4-1 with some less bad flying. I'm optimistic, now that I've had some time to unwind, but I don't think I saw anyone who straight up did poorly.

If you flew against the Kath/Palob/Zx2 list, that was my better half, and also her first tournament.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

guts and bolts posted:

ayy lmao

I was there today. Super disappointed in myself, but I think I'm finally starting to get my newness to wash off. It's really just frustrating to go into a round thinking you can learn something about how to fly wangs only, whoops, you decided to leave the map. 2-3 was not a great result, but Freepio is a decent tissue-box consolation prize, and I could have very easily gone 3-2 or 4-1 with some less bad flying. I'm optimistic, now that I've had some time to unwind, but I don't think I saw anyone who straight up did poorly.

If you flew against the Kath/Palob/Zx2 list, that was my better half, and also her first tournament.

Ah cool, yeah she was my first round opponent! She played well, especially since she mentioned she was very new. I don't think she bumped her own ships at all in our game, which took me like, months, to not do.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

The Gate posted:

Ah cool, yeah she was my first round opponent! She played well, especially since she mentioned she was very new. I don't think she bumped her own ships at all in our game, which took me like, months, to not do.

It was a pretty grueling day - thirty-one people, good golly - but most of the people there were cool. I play in the store league at Atomic Empire and everyone seemed much more willing to experiment with their list, or else was fed up with TLTs everywhere. At Gamer's Armory today it was stresshogs, TLTs, Dash, Poe, and Soontir, usually in some combination. Far be it from me to complain (I myself use Poe), it just felt wildly less varied. The only list I played today that felt wildly out of "meta" was a guy who ran Talonbane, a Z-95 with some serious munitions, and two Scyks, but he couldn't get a lock early and then flew the Z into an asteroid, which left Poe to feast on him while Predator Han went hard on the Scyks. I think it was a cool idea in the same vein as "Miranda Doni Is Rolling Seven Dice At You" (©Strobe) but it just didn't work.

Likewise, my Poe being the PTL/BB-8 Poe was challenging when I lost Han early in my first match, since it was again down to bad orienteering and left me with BB-8 Poe versus R5-P9 Poe, which was brutal to try to chew through. I think the next time there's a championship, I'll just go with my gut and play the Poe/"Red Ace"/stressbot Y-Wing, but I think it's a significantly more boring list.

EDIT: I hate to be one of those guys, but I'm really excited that I was able to prey on my girlfriend's geeky proclivities and now she plays X-Wing. She mentioned that you were really polite, and even though I recall her saying she lost - badly, I think 100-0'd - that she had fun. That wasn't always the case today, but some of that might have just been crankiness.

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 10, 2016

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tournaments, especially the serious ones like Store/Regional/etc Championships, tend to be very "meta" focused.

I expect Poe/Stresshogs are going to be in drat near 50% of the lists I play in my local Store Championships. Soontir will probably be in the other half, but he's been a constant fixture in the meta for literal years. Soontir is the ace by which all other aces are measured.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:siren: after today's tournament I might be trying out a new list. Miranda + Poe + a-wing. I still love mama Han but the half-points deal is starting to wear me down and realize that it's gonna be tough to top 8 a regional this way. What better way than to just go to the next best thing? Damage output is gonna take a huge hit and poe/miranda is gonna be a lot more grinding but it's time. Funny thing is that VSP is probably more grinding but at least my shields regenerate.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
It's true that big events will have a lot of meta lists, but the winner has Dutch and Ello Asty in his list, and there's a Whisper in the top 4. Meta matters, but so does bringing things that work and can unexpectedly bend that meta.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

When you mentioned like 6 FLGS that hosted X-Wing I had a weird feeling that you were an NC goon. You Triangle bastards :argh:

Every store worth playing at is almost 2 hours away :(

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

The Gate posted:

It's true that big events will have a lot of meta lists, but the winner has Dutch and Ello Asty in his list, and there's a Whisper in the top 4. Meta matters, but so does bringing things that work and can unexpectedly bend that meta.

I don't disagree. I didn't mean to make a comment on the efficacy of the lists played, just that after a while it gets fatiguing. Bad dice had me shooting at a Soontir Fel at one point for literally almost thirty minutes, so having to go from that game to another list featuring Soontir Fel just started to wear me down. I have a feeling I would have liked my game much more against the Whisper/Shuttle/OL list if I hadn't goofed up my dials. It was my first "real-world" exposure to Cloak, which was neat.

I think some of it boils down to some things that just feel downright oppressive. My better half straight up refuses to play against Poe/Red Ace/stressbot because she has zero fun, and I'm not sure I really blame her. I don't mean to suggest that stressbots are unbeatable, or that Poe/Red Ace/stressbot is a ~god list,~ but I can understand why someone else would be like "agdhkagd" when faced with three-action Poe, not-quite-immortal Red Ace, and a gigantic No Fly Zone shaped oddly like a Y.

I'm glad that Ello Asty got some love today - I think I saw him in two or three lists - because I actually really like him, and I think he's an undervalued pilot having played around with him some more. A lot of this is colored by my newbie levels of understanding, but flying against Ello even when he's killing you doesn't ever feel "unfun," I guess, in the way that TLTs, Soontir Fel, or regenerating Rebel aces can.

EDIT: ^^^^there really are a lot of stores in the area! I have to drive like 25min to get to Event Horizon or Atomic Empire, but I'm literally down the street from Gamer's Armory and close-ish to Game Theory. There's a game shop in Apex, too, I think? But I've never been. And one other one that's escaping me at the moment. Anyway, yeah, living in Cary is pretty convenient if you absolutely must be X-Winging all day, erryday.

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 10, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

guts and bolts posted:

I don't disagree. I didn't mean to make a comment on the efficacy of the lists played, just that after a while it gets fatiguing. Bad dice had me shooting at a Soontir Fel at one point for literally almost thirty minutes, so having to go from that game to another list featuring Soontir Fel just started to wear me down. I have a feeling I would have liked my game much more against the Whisper/Shuttle/OL list if I hadn't goofed up my dials. It was my first "real-world" exposure to Cloak, which was neat.

I think some of it boils down to some things that just feel downright oppressive. My better half straight up refuses to play against Poe/Red Ace/stressbot because she has zero fun, and I'm not sure I really blame her. I don't mean to suggest that stressbots are unbeatable, or that Poe/Red Ace/stressbot is a ~god list,~ but I can understand why someone else would be like "agdhkagd" when faced with three-action Poe, not-quite-immortal Red Ace, and a gigantic No Fly Zone shaped oddly like a Y.

Nah, I totally get where you're coming from. I've lamented it myself in this thread before that the three people I regularly get to play against are all really fond of running some variation of Fat Han/Chewie and a wingman, and so I spend like 90% of my time fighting the loving Millennium Falcon (often a version which ignores critical effects making it 13 hitpoints of pure damage sponge) and Poe/Horton Salm/Corran Horn. Not always, one guy has a fairly extensive collection and will mix it up from time to time and one of'em likes to borrow my ships to try out new stuff which I'm happy to allow, but there's really only so many times in a day or a week where I can find myself chipping through yet another fat turreted ship before I start to ask what I'm doing with my life. It's still fun y'know, but yeah, I'd like some more variety in my diet.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Well, a string of three horrible defeats has me rethinking the "All Interceptors, All The Time" plan. I think I'm going to see if I can't rejigger a list to shove Redline in there or something.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I don't know exactly how it happened, but apparently through either some combination of my common opponents, or my local meta shaking out in a certain fashion, my XXX list has become the destroyers of gods and kings. I'm 6-1 since the start of the local league a couple weeks ago, and my only loss so far came against a Scum 5K list that came down to literally the last hull point for each of us. It chews up aces and spits them out with no mercy or pity.

I love it.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I took #2 at the winter kit tournament today! :toot:

Final list I went with was:

Tycho + A-wing TP + Chardaan + VI + PtL + Autothrusters
Poe + R5-P9 + VI
Wedge + Targeting Astro + Integrated Astro
(99 points)

I lost to a 4x TLT Y-wing list first round (ugh) and then at the final table I lost to VSP. Took the shuttle down and got Soontir to 1 hull but I lost Poe and Wedge to do it, Tycho couldn't close the deal alone. Overall, great time.

We had a fair number of TIE Punishers flying around today (a dual Punisher list made final four). Wedge absolutely wrecks their poo poo. :getin:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is there a viable 3 X-Wing list? I know the old Luke Wedge Biggs squad got swept aside pretty early on, losing big to swarms, but I really want to give it another try.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Wes wedge Luke is thread loved atm

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is there a viable 3 X-Wing list? I know the old Luke Wedge Biggs squad got swept aside pretty early on, losing big to swarms, but I really want to give it another try.

You must be new here. Allow me to show you my gimmick.

Wedge Antilles (29) [33]
Predator (3)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Wes Jansen (29) [34]
Veteran Instincts (1)
R3-A2 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Flechette Torpedo (2)

Luke Skywalker (28) [33]
Veteran Instincts (1)
R2-D2 (4)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Total: 100

Wes also works with an R5 (or maybe BB-8?) and a 3 point initiative bid (which is how I was playing this list three months ago). You have PS 9/10/10, and with this set-up you can double stress the good aces to shut them down real fuckin' hard. It eats aces, phantoms, and big ships for breakfast. It has the most trouble against swarms (which aren't exactly frequent right now) and PS 11 Vader.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Strobe posted:

Wes also works with an R5 (or maybe BB-8?) and a 3 point initiative bid (which is how I was playing this list three months ago). You have PS 9/10/10, and with this set-up you can double stress the good aces to shut them down real fuckin' hard. It eats aces, phantoms, and big ships for breakfast. It has the most trouble against swarms (which aren't exactly frequent right now) and PS 11 Vader.

Nice. I will play this and kill all the other ships.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
So I'm entering in a team furball. Each player gets a single 30 pt. max ship, so each team is two ships worth up to 60 points.

Sadly, I don't have a team-mate yet, so there's a possibility i'm be able to find a teammate, or running the entire team myself, I'm working that out with the group and TO.

Now I just have to decide what I can do with 30, or possibly 60 points.

Some ideas, from best to worst:
Imperial
Sigma Squadron+Adv. Cloaking device(4)+Intelligence Agent(1)=30 Pts
Canor Jax+Squad Leader(2)+Targeting Computer(2)=30 Pts
Omega ace + Juke(2)+Stealth Device(3) = 25 Pts
Omega ace + PTL(3)+Stealth Device(3) = 26 Pts
Epsilon Leader+Weaons Guidence(2)+Shield Upgrade(4)=25 Pts
Kir Kanos+Royal Guard TIE(0)+ShielMad Upgrade(4)+Targeting Computer(2)=30 Pts
Maraak Stele+TIE/x1(0)+Adv. Targeting Computer(1)+Crack shot OR Determination(1)=29 Pts

For pairs, of these I like Jax+Kanos, Stele+Sigma Squadron, or maybe Omega Ace+Epsilon Leader.

REBEL
Jan Ors+Autoblaster Turret(2)+Marksmanship OR Preditor(3)=30 Pts
Blue Squadron+Proton Torp(4)+Accuracy Corrector(3)=29 Pts
Blue Squadron+Proton Torp(4)+Flechette Torp(2)=28 Pts
Blue Squadron+Heavy Laser Cannon(7)=29 Pts
Blue Squadron+Heavy Laser Cannon(7)=29 Pts
Luke Skywalker+BB-8(2)=30 Pts
Luke Skywalker+R3-A2(2)=30 Pts
Luke Skywalker+Juke(2)=30 Pts
Gemmer Sojan+A-Wing Test Pilot(0)+Stealth Device(3)+Expose(4) (3 Attack, 4 Agil if w/in 1 range of enemy)

I'm less sure for this pairing. Maybe Gemmer+Juking Luke, or GemmerBlue Squadron. I'm a bit nervous about fielding the HWK, it's never gone too well and I think I'd rather have something a bit more maneuverable.

I also have an E-wing, but they are a bit pricey starting at 27 points naked.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jan 10, 2016

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Why no Omega Leader?

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)
Stealth Device (3)

Total: 29

He is really good.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I don't have him. :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

guts and bolts posted:

I'm glad that Ello Asty got some love today - I think I saw him in two or three lists - because I actually really like him, and I think he's an undervalued pilot having played around with him some more. A lot of this is colored by my newbie levels of understanding, but flying against Ello even when he's killing you doesn't ever feel "unfun," I guess, in the way that TLTs, Soontir Fel, or regenerating Rebel aces can.

EDIT: ^^^^there really are a lot of stores in the area! I have to drive like 25min to get to Event Horizon or Atomic Empire, but I'm literally down the street from Gamer's Armory and close-ish to Game Theory. There's a game shop in Apex, too, I think? But I've never been. And one other one that's escaping me at the moment. Anyway, yeah, living in Cary is pretty convenient if you absolutely must be X-Winging all day, erryday.

It's important to remember your newness dude. This meta is 100x better than the Phantom(Soontir) / Decimator and Fat Han meta from last year, or the low ps generics meta from the year before.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I agree, the meta is going to a much better place and FFG has been doing very well to make things viable. The meta is very healthy atm.

I'm probably gonna be boring this season and go for my tried and tested Ten Numb, two B, one Y or the variation where I had Ten Numb, stresshog, B with tactician and Z, which absolutely destroyed stuff at the team championship I went to. Either that or do a gimmicky Trandoshan/Bossk/Gunner with Drea with R4-B11, proton torps and TLT build

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Archenteron posted:

Bored and fiddling with a squad builder, I felt the desire to make use of that bomb slot on the Decimator. Came up with a Pancake+Ace combo that revolves around Oicunn dropping a nasty bomb then :killdozer:ing out of the way:

Captain Oicunn (42)
Daredevil (3)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Bombs (5)
Ysanne Isard (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Dauntless (2)

Darth Vader (29)
Predator (3)
Tie x/1 (0)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Advanced Targetting Computer (1)

Total: 99

or slap Rebel Captive on Oicunn too and replace Vader with Soontir (PtL, Royal Guard, Autothrusters, TIEmk2)

Still don't know when it's better to Vader vs Baron Fel, and I have a perpetual bad habit of trying to make Oicunn work in some fashion.

That's a shitton of points in Oicunn for something that will die as quickly as Oicunn does. You're really going to have to watch out that you trade him efficiently, which can be difficult in some lists, and fly him effectively (i.e. don't dump him right in front of a TIE swarm just to get a shot on one of them, like I have in the past). Decimator/Ace is a good combo (though that's not my personal choice of ace) but it takes careful flying, a lot more so than most pancake/ace lists, because the Decimator's complete lack of agility makes it surprisingly fragile.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
What does a 2x Tie Phantom list look like these days? Not tournament-grade but fun-grade. I've never flown them but I own 2 because I just cant. stop. buying. x-wangs.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

"Echo" (30)
Outmaneuver (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Navigator (3)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Sienar Test Pilot (16)
TIE/v1 (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder
Something like that maybe. Obviously change the blocker if you want to not use unreleased stuff, though the TAP will be out soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
So I'm planning on head to my first "official" tournament at the end of Feb. I want a dang C-3PO! :) I'm debating two lists, both are Dash lists. One the standard Corran list the other with Poe. It seems the main difference is Poe is going to get more regular hits, but Corran can opt to double tap which can be useful for ships that have a lot of defense/evasion etc. to wear them out of focus/evade/tricks then get some damage on them. Does that sound about right? The Dash/Poe list is 96 points which I understand gives me a good initiative bid?

Dash Rendar — YT-2400 36
Push the Limit 3
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
Kyle Katarn 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Outrider 5
Ship Total: 58

Poe Dameron — T-70 X-Wing 31
Veteran Instincts 1
R2-D2 4
Autothrusters 2
Ship Total: 38